[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm going to the range tomorrow with this chick. She's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: libtards-25551525422.jpg (44 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
libtards-25551525422.jpg
44 KB, 480x480
So I'm going to the range tomorrow with this chick. She's never shot a gun before, and I think she's in favor of gun control. She's your typical 22 year old liberal arts community college wannabe hippy type.
That being said, she's really excited about this. I've got a shot (hurr) at opening a mind up and dispelling some ignorance that she can hopefully take home and spread to her like minded friends.
Any tips on how to go about this? I'm not looking to turn this into a classroom session or a conversion attempt on political beliefs or anything, I'm just taking a good friend out for a fun day of shooting targets. I just want to take advantage of this opportunity while I've got it.
Safety first, obviously. What do, /k/?
>>
you came to the wrong place for advice we're all autists or white supremacists on this board

also you're a fag
>>
>>28598505

Speak for yourself
>>
DONT bring out the assault weppans immediately. Just let her shoot unintimidating old surplus, then bust out the pistol grips. Explain to her the recoil will be lower because the gun "actually does less damage than the other ones". Only load your 30 rounders to 15-20 rounds and say it was 30.
>>
>>28598489
Make sure she has a proper, comfortable form when shooting, try not to be a sperg, and most of all just have fun.

If you're a reasonably good shot try turning a paper target into a smiley face.
>>
>>28598489
Remember to teach her gun safety and start her out small
>>
>>28598489
>interacting with women

Absolutely haram faggot
>>
>>28598489
what's your smallest caliber gun? Do you have anything in .22?
>>
>>28598528
>>28598668

Refer to 3rd post with zero ability to spell and nonsensical ranting.
>>
>>28598668
>Only load your 30 rounders to 15-20 rounds and say it was 30.

>"Wow, I went through 30 rounds that fast?? These things are way too dangerous!"
>>
OP here
Should have mentioned we'll be using handguns. I was gonna start her off with my dad's old .22lr Ruger pistol before moving onto my Glock 34, and then for fun maybe blow up some water bottles with the 44 mag.

>>28598718

Will do anon, I take safety very seriously.

>>28598726

What can I say, tits are pretty cool.
>>
>>28598489
hand her a wood stocked 10-22 with a 10 round rotary mag, then when she runs out of pew pew, pop in a 25 round bx25 and watch the grin and confliction when she's done mag dumping.
>>
>>28598489
I just came here to tell OP that anyone who is spreading the gospel of guns most certainly is NOT a fgt and if you fuck it up somehow try to ask her what you did wrong.
Also come back her tomorrow and tell us how you and she did. Take pictures.

Godspeed Anon.

Also, to all the fgts in here critizing OP, when was last time you took someone else out to the range who was nogunz?
>>
>>28598489
Start her at 5 yards, and ONLY let her shoot a .22 rifle or revolver if you can. .22 autos are finicky and she wont know how to handle a malfunction. Make sure she knows safety but don't suck the fun out if her first time by being autistic. Explain that guns are tools and fill their purposes, same as a hammer or drill. Competition is a legitimate function. Let her have fun, and make sure you use bleeder targets so she can see her hits.
>>
Keep politics out of it.
If you push the agenda, she won't enjoy it and you won't make any progress. If you just let her enjoy shooting she won't feel guilty about hanging out with a babby killing right wing extremist and might grow to like guns.
>>
>>28598818
you absolutely need to let her shoot a scary black salt rifle, so she realizes they're not nearly as scary as she thinks they are.
>>
>>28598900
don't start with that though.

Start with a .22.
>>
>>28598934
of course. start with the ruger. But eventually let her shoot an ar.
>>
>>28598757
Samefag.
>>
>>28598786
No its more like
>wow that wasn't a lot, I guess 30 rounds isn't that much

Or just tell her 30 rounders are hard to find because they're already banned. Remember these idiots vote, if you insist that everything's already been covered (seeing as they won't look it up anyway) they'll get over it.
>>
>>28598864
This man speaks truth. Spread the word, OP.
>>
File: salt rifle.png (121 KB, 480x282) Image search: [Google]
salt rifle.png
121 KB, 480x282
>>28598850

I think I will bring my 10-22, I forgot to tell her I was only gonna bring handguns so I don't want her to be disappointed if there are no rifles. Good call anon.

>>28598864

I think most of them are just being facetious or purposefully difficult, the support is appreciated though.

>>28598865

Sound advice. There's a shop at the range that sells those splash targets that turn bright green around the bullet holes. I'll grab some zombies.

>>28598879

Politics isn't my thing anyway so no worries there, like I said I'm not looking for this to be a conversion effort, just a chance at enlightening the ignorant.

>>28598900

I'm really fucking glad you said "salt rifle" like that because I just googled it and I had no idea these were actually a thing.

>>28599045

I don't own any 30 round magazines, I'm more into handguns.

Thanks anons, this is helpful. Keep it coming.
>>
>>28599153
>I'm really fucking glad you said "salt rifle" like that because I just googled it and I had no idea these were actually a thing.

You're a fucking idiot.
>>
File: blowme.gif (87 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
blowme.gif
87 KB, 200x150
>>28599188
>>
>>28599188

I know what he meant, I just wanted to post my reply to him with a picture of a gun shooting salt shakers.
>>
File: IMG_2082.jpg (1 MB, 3743x1276) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2082.jpg
1 MB, 3743x1276
I've been fortunate/misfortunate enough to have taken a decent number of girls on their first range trip, thanks to the fact that I'm "the guy with all the guns" so when friends want to take their girlfriends to the range, and one of their girlfriends friends, etc. I'm typically the one supplying the guns ammo, and basic instruction.

after doing this a decent number of times I've found that the recipe for success generally involves a light recoiling accurate rifle with a scope, a nice stable benchrest setup, and a "fun" target.
the girls who are the most excited and eager to try it again or immediately start talking about getting their own guns are usually the ones who have a nice 100 yard quarter or penny with a hole in it to take home as a souvenir.

the benchrest/scope setup is key here because the sights are intuitive, and they don't get turned off by the fact that "the gun is too heavy" plus you don't have you worry about them likely having shitty muzzle dicipline.

heavily recoiling guns are usually a turn off unless you work them up through a couple medium recoil calibers first, and then only if they're enthusiastic about it and their technique isn't too shitty, never pressure them too much because the subsequent bruised shoulder will be your fault and shooting will stop being fun pretty much immediately.

I've also had success with lever guns in 38/357 with a peep sight. for whatever reason, lever guns are universally perceived as non-threatening and the action is fun to work.
starting them off with a shotgun and clays is also hit or miss. if you're lucky, they have some natural ability, break a few clays without bruising their shoulder, then they're hooked and want a shotgun. most of the time they manage to hurt their shoulder no matter how dilligently you coach them and miss every clay because they're flinching and they never want to do it again. don't start with shotgun unless they can already shoot rifle decently.

my 2c
>>
>>28599045
Telling her liea won't get her to trust you.

OP, no one here is giving you good advice. Just give her a good time and the dick (and hopefully give a good time /with/ the dick) and she will like guns. Eat her out afterwards because "it was so hot seeing her shoot like that".
>>
File: EDIT-8343.jpg (531 KB, 1573x2359) Image search: [Google]
EDIT-8343.jpg
531 KB, 1573x2359
>>28599363
once they have one of these, they immediately want to go show it off to all their friends and talk about how "it was actually really fun!"
>>
>>28599153
get the bug a salt 2.0. it's a lot better.
>>28599045
>No its more like
>wow that wasn't a lot, I guess 30 rounds isn't that much
no, even if they're not counting their shots, they know what the number 30 is, you fucking moron. They would just think they burned through 30 rounds really fast, meaning they could kill people that fast.
>>
>>28598489
>Liberal arts
>community college
>hippy type
Jesus fuck, anon. Are you retarded? All the signs are there.
>>
>>28599153
Zombies are good, so are shoot n see targets that are just bullseyes. Remember that she is afraid of guns, shooting human shapes may not be best at first. But you know her better than me. Use best judgement
>>
File: drive-by.jpg (265 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
drive-by.jpg
265 KB, 1280x720
>>28598489
Just have fun. It's your fucking hobby. Don't get political. Just think to yourself "What would Hickok do?"
>>
>>28600144
Keep the hood safe H
>>
>>28598489
>a good friend
Oops, you already messed up if you meant for this to be a range date.
>>
>>28598818
Only load one in the 44 if you hand it to her. Lot of newbies end up smacking their face, and at least one person flipped one into their face and shot on reaction.
>>
>>28600144
Keep the hood safe H
>>
>>28599363
This, all sorts of this. My fiance has one gun. it's a lever action in .22lr.
she also loves her souvenirs. coins, spent shot shells and the like with .22 sized holes through the center.
>>
>>28600144
Get gets political enough in every few vids.
>>
Start small, and don't be afraid to let her try the big guns if she wants to.
You can use the same theory when you fuck her after you get back from the range.
>>
>>28600408
WHEN he fucks her.

At least, he damn well better give her a good dicking or else she won't like guns.
>>
>>28599363

Very well said, and it's appreciated.

>>28599516

Yeah I'm not gonna lie like that. I mentioned earlier that I'm not into politics. I'm not looking for a big conversion or anything like that, just fun shooting so that maybe she can take a different opinion home.

>>28599608

That's a good idea, a souvenir to keep.

>>28600098

See >>28599213

>>28600109

She's not afraid of them, I just think she's in favor of gun control. I'm not even 100% on that, she was really into the idea of shooting. Maybe I will avoid the zombie targets, I was just worried that using bullseyes might be discouraging if she's consistently not hitting the mark.

>>28600213

Nah not a date. Don't get me wrong, she's fuckin hot and I wouldn't say no if she wanted the D but that's not what I'm going for here.

>>28600227

Sound advice, good input.

>>28600245

I'm really liking the idea of sticking a coin on some cardboard and letting her put a hole through it.

>>28600408
>>28600768

Love you guys. No homo.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 400x300
>>28600978
>>28600213
Kek story time
>big titted qt3.14 sees dried pineapple in my locker at work, gets curious
>why do you have that in your locker?
>jokingly say: yeah it makes my jizz taste better, my gf got it for me
>fast forward 2 months me and gf break up
>fast forward 2 weeks ago
>it's my birthday, she gives me a huge bag of dried pineapple and says its for your next gf
Also, ever since I told her about the pineapple, she asks me to give her a 'sex fact of the day' a couple times a week.
pic related, mfw I'm taking her shooting on Sunday
>>
>>28598489
Just that, take a good friend out. Make sure she knows the safety stuff and make sure she has a good time. If she sees that guns are nothing to be afraid of, that's the best conversion material right there.
>>
>>28601214

Good luck to you anon. It won't be a Squints victory but it'll be a good victory nonetheless.

>>28601237

Good man.
>>
>>28598489

In college I had a bunch of friends that hung out with the international kids. Mostly Japanese. Once they knew i owned guns they always wanted to go to the range with me and would always pay for ammo.

The range folk always thought I spoke bird language even though I'd literally repeat what he said to me to them in English, 12 inches from his face. He would still nod like I had translated something.

My point is the range with new folk isn't fun or games. It's dangerous and harsh. Grab them and teach them, not like you would seducing a woman trying to play pool but a weak ass individual trying to better themselves but out of their element.

My second date with my wife was to the range, but I think my best range experience is tied between shooting with my grandfather and teaching a Yakuza princess to shoot an AK without words.
>>
>>28600144
Keep the hood safe, H.
>>
>>28601326

My range isn't like that. Everyone's really cool and friendly, even the fudds are willing to offer advice from time to time. It's almost all outdoor (there's an indoor range there for .22lr only), there are 12 separate bays so most of the time you can have one to yourself and they're plenty roomy.
Plus like I said I'm not trying to seduce this girl. Not like I'm gonna say no if she wants it but that isn't the goal. Safety first, always.
>>
>>28600227
Very safe thing to do. This is what I did for my mom the first time she shot my s&w .44 mag, specifically because I had seen that video and she hadn't shot anything larger than a .22 before that. She was super nervous but wanted to shoot it and after it went bang she shakily laid the gun down on the table and leaned forward saying 'oh.. my.. god..'. I laughed and asked her if she wanted to shoot it again, to which she enthusiastically replied, 'Well yeah I want to shoot it again! Just give me a second to recover.'
Moments like this make me so glad to have a cool mom. She has her ccw now.. I don't even have my ccw (we have legal concealed carry with no license anyways, but it's good to have). She even co-signed for my motorcycle which I had to keep secret from my dad for almost a year.
/story time
>>
>>28600978
Hope your CC Bernie sanders zilch pal turns the gun on you and Chris Kyles your faggot ass.
>>
>>28601669

You're getting lazy.
>>
>>28600144
keep the hood safe H
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.