[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No matter how many guns you have, i'm sure you have one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: j.gif (463 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
j.gif
463 KB, 500x363
No matter how many guns you have, i'm sure you have one gun that you will choose if SHTF.

What is it?
>>
14.5" AR and Glock 19
Boring but true
>>
>>28578012
Slr104 with 3.5x21p. The other weapons go to neighbors and family who choose to cooperate.
>>
>>28578012
SKS
>>
Loose as fuck wasr
>>
>>28578012

SKS and Model 10
>>
AKS-74 clone and a gen 2 Glock 17.
>>
>>28578012
SLR-107FR w/ a back pack full of 40 round mags and sandwiches.
>>
>>28578167
this is my thinking also.
>>
A FAL so I have an excuse to wear my "JUICY" short shorts
>>
My great-great grandfather's No.1 MkIII*
In a SHTF scenario I'd go full hermit, and .303 is enough to hunt any large game in North America.
>>
File: 1291589434280734384.jpg (318 KB, 1112x520) Image search: [Google]
1291589434280734384.jpg
318 KB, 1112x520
16" middy AR for me. This said, why dont people talk more about the "x guns they own that they're going to arm their buddies/family with when the SHTF?" Way better strategy than lone wolf shit. Just sayin...
>>
>>28578371

In addition to >>28578223

I would keep my 870 for me for close-in work in houses and shit.

My sister would definitely want my .410 shotgun and S&W hand ejector in .32 S&A Long. She loves shooting those and is pretty much the only reason I keep much ammo for them. She doesn't like leaving the range once she starts.

My mom would probably do well with my other SKS and maybe the Savage 20 gauge.

My grandfather would want to roll with his model 12 and Model 742.

My brother and his wife would prolly use their pump shotguns and Hi-point pistols.

Idk. All my friends and family either have guns or there are guns in my collection that they would use. I'm military so most any of them that wanted it have received some mild training. Most of my Bros are military as well.

In about a month when I finish gathering and building, my personal loadout will change to a 16" AR and a CZ-75.
>>
Sig Sauer 556 swat patrol with foregrip and Remington m870 express super magnum.
>>
>>28578371
Because we're on /k/, like 90% of the posters here live alone in some apartment with no friends and alienated families.
>>
>>28579504
>live alone in some apartment with no friends and alienated families
Fuck... At least i have /k/
>>
>>28578283
I started off as a fudd when I was a kid, migrated to collector, and now I still collect but with a twist of "if need be, can someone else use this in an emergency". Most of my guns stay within 5 calibers so I can keep a good stock of ammo that fits most guns. So I have my 74 and a 9mm HiPooper or mak, but also more than enough equipment for family and neighbors. Plus I live in a pretty nice, small, and well armed community to begin with (with access to good crop land and water). If the fit hits the shan, and its only a few weeks or months of like no power or water and some low level looting and riot related violence, then we'd do okay.

Now large scale stuff. I think it's safe to say most if us would be dead anyway, and if not, we'd be looking for a way to get out of the country/region/whatever.
>>
File: 042525-quake-haiti-[1].jpg (47 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
042525-quake-haiti-[1].jpg
47 KB, 650x366
>ITT: long guns
When society breaks down, armed authority doesn't simply evaporate. If anything it becomes even more heavy handed and oppressive. In the case of temporary states of emergency and natural disaster, the cops will do as they see fit a la New Orleans. In the case of a prolonged societal collapse, populated places will be ruled by local strong men or the surviving remnants of existing government. People walking around with slung rifles will be treated warily at best and persecuted at worst. If you really think yourself prepared enough to go inna woods and live off the land, or you're blessed to have productive land of your own, by all means, take your SKS. For the rest of us, keep your CC piece. It will serve you well in peace time and apocalypse, and for much the same reason.

TL;DR: my .38 K-frame.
>>
>>28579504
Jokes on you I have a job, friends, family, and guns! I'm the anti /k/hrist.
>>
Califag here, my only choices are a 10/22 and a s&w shield .. My next gun is either going to be a mossberg 590a1 , wasr 10, glock 19 , or I might start building my first AR .. And yes I have extendos for my 10/22, I like to pretend its an actual battle rifle since im too poor to afford one right now :(
>>
>>28579762
>(with access to good crop land and water)
Sufficient rain, or do local farms require irrigation?

>I think it's safe to say most if us would be dead anyway
Poland, WWII. It suffered the highest casualty rate of any nation in the most gruesome war ever fought. Most people still lived. If a massive invasion during a total war will only kill a max of 17% of the population, it's a safe bet that in even the worst SHTF scenario, most of us will live. Quality of life will suffer greatly, but we'll live.
>>
My O-PAP and M&P 40
>>
>>28579801
What part of Cali? Makes a huge difference.
>>
>>28578012
My milled reciever AK, that way even my great grand kids can remove irradiated kebab 150 years from now.
>>
LMT Piston Carbine 16" w/ TA11F

Sig P226 w/ Surefire X300
>>
>>28578322
Where the fuck are you gonna scavenge .303 if SHTF?
>>
>>28579778
I like your thinking. I would carry my Hi-Power since lugging around a long arm would bring undue attention.
>>
>>28579801
Socal.. Near Riverside to be specific
>>
>>28578012
SG552 and Mk25.
>>
>>28580053
Socal.. Near Riverside to be specific
>>
Mk.107 SBR in a Jansport Backpack and my G19G3 IWB

You cant go walking around with a rifle all the time in the open, govt will exist in some form still.
>>
CZ P-01 and AR.

Simply because they're both reliable as shit and they're chambered in the most easy to find calibers out there.

All this exotic or surplus caliber shit is going to be impossible to feed if SHTF.
>>
>>28578012
Ruger 10/22 and Sig p226
Literally the only guns I need.
>>
>>28578012
>SHTF
Cringe
>>
File: 1418367481112.jpg (307 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1418367481112.jpg
307 KB, 1920x1080
>>28579504
This is probably too true to be funny. >>28579558
If /k/ is family for a lot of folks, is there a /k/ family SHTF plan that has been developed? Is there a /k/ rendezvous point in case of emergency? Not that i plan on meeting up with you /k/unts:)
>>
>>28580210
>A .22 and a pistol
Someone hates fun
>>
>>28579778
This.

But have a handgun with some actual capacity, seriously.
>>
>>28580155
Fedora detected.
>>
>>28580628
How is a good gun design that is easy to shoot and easy to maintain a fedora gun? Sounds like you have a case of sour grapes, broke faggot.
>>
File: IMAG0294.jpg (4 MB, 5376x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0294.jpg
4 MB, 5376x3024
>>
>>28579778
>implying there aren't enough long guns for everyone and their grandma
>implying OC wouldn't become normalized within a few days' time
>implying the oppressors and opportunists won't be just as armed
>implying the oppressors wouldn't spread these ideas in order to corner and outgun their quarry
Crack a book, fool. History might be interesting to you.
>>
>>28578457

I would mow down your entire family with my AK and jack off over their corpses.

Keeping family with you in SHTF = instant death. You're a complete idiot and wouldn't survive a day.
>>
>>28580828
Yup. This.

A year ago I'd say my FAL, but the weight of the ammo is a serious handicap. If I had to make it on my own, I'd sling a K31 on my back and an 18" AR on my chest.
>>
File: IMG_20150824_153125546 (1).jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150824_153125546 (1).jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>28579778
on point

ARs/shotguns would definitely be tossed in my truck if driving anywhere was plausible, but would a handgun in my ruck and a handgun in my hand/waistband.

Amongst all my 9mm handguns, I have one full-size .40 S&W that would go in the bag. But my on deck would be a 9mm. my G26 is an obvious choice, but I'd actually opt for the P30SK because it's hammer fired, has great sights, and handles much better
>>
>>28580899
antman gtfo
>>
>>28580904
The K31, and I'd keep my CZ in it's holster, maybe shove grandpa's old savage model 94 in my pack or leave it slung over my shoulder. Maybe. Depends on the situation. I used to have a PTR, I have several AKs, but if I was trying to evade and escape, the K31 would be my choice. Yeah, ammo is a problem, but I know I can hit my target with the K31. I have a lot of confidence with my particular rifle. If I knew I may have to kill someone, or that hunting would be vital to survive, I'd trust that rifle over anything I have.

I'm not saying a Savage 11 in 308 wouldn't be better, but I don't own one. Compared to the AKs, it doesn't draw attention and delivers more energy at a greater range. Compared to the PTR I owned, it's lighter, and lower key.
>>
>>28580872
What history are you drawing from? Because I have New Orleans, Haiti, Chile, Rio, and Juarez to back me up. Even if the SHTF, you can't go where you please with your AR and three point tactical sling (Unless you want to join the thugs, which I wouldn't criticize. It's a viable option in desperate times).
>>
>>28578371
why arm the people who know where you sleep? where you hid food? your weaknesses? friends and family are the last people to trust
>>
>>28580801
The Hi-Power here is apparently considered a fedora gun, it's a meme that's been around forever
It's fucking stupid, it's a sweet little pistol and I'd give my left nut for one under a grand
>>
File: stalker99.jpg (1 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
stalker99.jpg
1 MB, 1680x1050
>>28581210
Family or not, this risk is a function of the group's size. More people naturally requires more supplies, which are bound to run out quicker. Family members might resist betraying the group longer, but I agree it'd probably happen eventually if straits were dire enough.

On the other hand, my group would consist of 2 people, myself and my brother. We live together train together, and are constantly coordinating our arsenals, gear and supplies. You WILL need a team to survive, and it's hard to argue against a comparably trained and equipped companion you share so much blood with. We both know the cost of survival, and also that our chances diminish greatly without a wingman

I personally would entertain an ideal group size of 4, maybe 6. 8 would be the absolute max, and I'd be quick to split people into teams: one guards a base of operations, the other goes on scouting or supply runs.

The real question is: do my brother and I stick together, or do I let him run his own team (who may let him down or even betray him)?

I'm inclined to keep my blood close. Would rather have my back covered
>>
Jesus Christ. You guys have such a wrong impression of what SHTF means in the real world. There isn't going to be Warhammer 40K level violence everywhere. It will be both less and more terrible than you folks seem to think. Societal breakdown will, of course, increase violence, but most people aren't murder machines just waiting for the cops to disappear. By and large, people will function as members of civilization as best they can. They may have to resort to scavenging and barter, but they will carry on. Fat Joe Everyman will face adversity, but he will live. The majority of the deaths attributable to SHTF will be old or sickly people that would've survived if they had a functioning ambulance service and hospitals. Illness and lack of sanitation, not violence, would be the great killer in the post-apocalypse. A gun would be useful in that world, but its importance ranks somewhere below antiseptic, a pot still, and sturdy cookware. Also, for those of you worried about ammunition supply and parts commonality, I imagine a thriving arms market would find a ready niche before too long.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.