[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Sig's released an air gun version of the MPX. And fr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: IMG_3676[1].jpg (32 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3676[1].jpg
32 KB, 1000x667
So Sig's released an air gun version of the MPX.
And from everything I can tell, it'll be legal in Australia.

http://www.airgundepot.com/sig-sauer-mpx.html

Discuss.
>>
I'm sorry you cant have the real toys.
>>
>>28565700
SIG has released a live fire version of the MPX and it's legal in the United States.
>>
>>28565700
Nigger it's an airgun those are classed as firearms in Australia and you need a license for it
>>
>>28565758
Yeah, but they're still legal.
This'll be Cat A everywhere except WA, QLD and the ACT.
>>
>>28565764
This is legal in Canada with the most minimum requirements ever.
>>
File: received_388519427978513.jpg (62 KB, 960x539) Image search: [Google]
received_388519427978513.jpg
62 KB, 960x539
>>28565787
>pic related
>>
>>28565700
>>>/asp/
>>
>>28565836
It's an air rifle, not airshit you faggot.
>>
>>28565848
Honestly >>/asp/
>>
>>28565878
>Thread about airguns in Australia
>Where airguns are legally guns
>Somehow doesn't belong on /k/
>>
>>28565883
>/k/ should feel bad that strayas have no guns.

You let this happen.
>>
>>28566005
>No guns
We have loads of guns, get fucked
>>
>>28566005
>implying
fucking retard.
>>
>>28565793
I thought there were capacity laws?
>>
Thanks for informing us about this deadly assault weapon being legal, noq we can finally ban it and prevent mass shootings with it.
Regards, Australian Politician
>>
>>28566007
That's like saying you have loads of sex because you wank. We have very few, very shitty guns. If you think otherwise you need to do some travelling.
>>
File: 4096781.jpg (259 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
4096781.jpg
259 KB, 1920x1440
>>28565700

>CO2

By far the shittiest way to propel actual air rifles... It's already pretty shit for Airsoft, but for pellet guns you just want PCP or spring. CO2 lacks consistency in my experience.. For the price I'd just get another air rifle and do dry-drills for MPX practice.
>>
>>28566038
Frankly, I just want an air rifle so I can set up an illegal range in my garage.
Being able to be tacticool at the same time is a plus.
>>
File: steyrlp10-1.jpg (922 KB, 3120x1836) Image search: [Google]
steyrlp10-1.jpg
922 KB, 3120x1836
>>28566047
>air rifle
>illegal range in my garage.

Wat? Just how shit is Australia? I live in a European state with absolute shit-tier weapons laws, but at least airrifles are free to own and shoot on private property..

Anyway, if you just want it for shooting targets in your garage I'd recommend going for a purpose-built air rifle. They tend to be less taciticool, but shoot much more straight and consistent, especially if you get it on something other than CO2. CO2 rifles tend to vary in power with every shot.. The first few will be too powerful, causing turbulence, then you get a few perfect-power shots, after which the pressure goes down and you lose power quickly.. CO2 also cools down the mechanism of the rifle if you shoot in quick succesion, which also has an adverse effect on shooting..

A proper spring rifle on the other hand, will fire consitently every single time if you use the proper pellets. I can shoot groups not much larger than .177 with a .177 (4.5mm) air rifle, 5 shots at 12 meters (supported obviously).

PCP is slightly less consistent, but has much more potential power... It's more high end, and requires additional props like diving tanks for air though.
>>
>>28565848
>implying air rifles arent air shit

get out nogunz
>>
>>28566085
Yeah, I might just get a shitty $150 spring gun online.

And as for how shit Australia is... The answer is "quite"
>>
>>28566024
They're probably is
>>
File: Weihrauch HW50.jpg (954 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Weihrauch HW50.jpg
954 KB, 1200x800
>>28566089

>Doesn't know what air rifles are

Why are you even on /k/?

>>28566091
>I might just get a shitty $150 spring gun online

Just get a proper one.. You were willing to spend 250,- on a tacticool CO2 gun, so why wouldn't you be willing to spend the same on a proper air rifle?
>pic
I don't know what German made air rifles cost in Australia, or if they even sell them, but their entry-line rifles are around €230,- and are really very high quality guns, that tend to come with iron sights but also have diopter and/or scope compatibility.

The pictured HW50 is pretty much their simplest model.. Their higher end stuff looks more tacticool, but also costs more. (like:>>28566038 a friend of mine has a HW98 like that. Beautiful rifle, but no irons, so you'll be dropping like €900,- on the rifle+scope)
>>
>>28566108
>You were willing to spend 250,- on a tacticool CO2 gun, so why wouldn't you be willing to spend the same on a proper air rifle?
Because it's tacticool?
I don't give a shit about accuracy, it's just a 2-car garage. I actively want something lower-power too, so that the neighbours don't hear me and call the cops.

There's no fucking way I'd pay more than $300 on an air rifle unless it had the extra features the MPX has like being semi-auto and with AR-like controls.

If I cared about quality, I'd just get a real gun.
>>
legal to own but impossible to import. Military appearance is the same reason we cant import straight pull ar15s, troy pump action, hk r8 and other neutered semis.
>>
>>28566137
They got rid of that law in December m8, keep up.
There were like, 5 threads on /k/ about it.
>>
File: Crossman 1077 CO2.jpg (161 KB, 3000x746) Image search: [Google]
Crossman 1077 CO2.jpg
161 KB, 3000x746
>>28566115
>Because it's tacticool?

Buy airsoft if that's your main consideration..

>I actively want something lower-power too, so that the neighbours don't hear me and call the cops.

Australians call the cops when spring guns fire? Daaamn.

>extra features the MPX has like being semi-auto
Semi-auto CO2 air guns are notoriously shit.. It's hardly an extra feature. If all you want is semi auto, get a simple CO2 rifle like a Crossman 1077
>pic related

It won't have AR-like controls, but I doubt the MPX will have that either, as CO2 guns share very little mechanical similarity with firearms.. The upside is that a 1077 only costs about €120,- and will likely shoot better than the fake MPX, due to longer barrel length and being purpose-built as a CO2 rifle. You can also tacticool it yourself, as it does take optics.
>>
>>28566161
>Buy airsoft
Ahahahaha
... Oh, you haven't heard.
Airsoft is 100% banned here. Even if you have a gun license, you can't get airshit.

>Australians call the cops when spring guns fire?
If they hear or see anything remotely gun-related, yeah. People have lost their guns because someone looked over their fence and through their window and saw them cleaning a gun.

>but I doubt the MPX will have that either
It's its main feature. They're marketing it as a training tool for the real MPX.
>>
>>28566174
>It's its main feature. They're marketing it as a training tool for the real MPX.

I'll likely have all the buttons and such, but they might not actually do anything. All a CO2 gun needs to fire is for a pellet to be seated in, or in front of the barrel, and for a CO2 cartridge to be loaded. Usually all you need to do is seat the mag and fire, if it's not on safe.. Charging handles and such would not have any use, and will likely only be there for cosmetic or training reasons. Unless they operate some automatic safety or something..
>>
>>28566024
To be Canada-legal the mags can be pinned, so companies just tak 30-rounders in the US, pin it to 10 or whatever, and sell them in Canada. And if the pin "falls out" nobody's the wiser.
>>
>>28565700
You forget the legislation includes weapons that resemble military weapons or military style weapons.

I wouldn't be surprised if state commissioner bins it because it's completely arbitrary.
>>
I've never had an air rifle before. I might get one for giggles.
>>
>>28566007
Yeah okay, keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>28565700
Barrel is too short bro
Also 10+ round mag
Also "looks like a machine gun"

Its legal but it won't get past customs
>>
>>28571385
There are barrel length restrictions? Do you have a link?

And I'm pretty sure airguns can have as many rounds as you want.
>>
>>28566115
Even if you get a full powered one, nobody would be able to tell the difference between an air rifle or a hammer blow if you're shooting in your garage.

Hell I've shot mine heaps in my backyard and I have a neighbouring house within 2m of where I shoot.
Haven't seen a coppa yet
>>
>>28565836
Tools that you're supposed to shoot your buddies with, throwing plastic and paint, causing marks and welts, are /asp/

Small game hunting and marksmanship tools that shoot metal projectiles fast enough to easily penetrate human skin, are /k/, even if they're not at all intended for combat.
>>
>>28565700
Military like appearance, therefore it will be banned from importation by customs.

Yes, that is a law here in Australia.
>>
>>28565793
Whats the gun second from the bottom on the left?
>>
>>28572023
They got rid of that law in December.
Fuggen hell, it's like people don't even pay attention to the law.
>>
>>28572080
Holy fuck really? That's awesome.
Straight pull AR's when?
>>
>>28572099
Now m8, if you're willing to pay for a Warwick.

But the guy from Ozzie Reviews is trying to get a Troy PAR in.
>>
>>28572099
Never because they'll classify them as "semi automatic" anyway
>>
>>28572123
A straight pull bolt action is not a semi-automatic unless they want to come grab my K31 too.

>>28572107
Christ please let it happen, not paying what warwick wants for their rifle because they thought they had a monopoly.
>>
>>28571454
All states sub 75cm OAL is illegal
So this would be a cat H

In which case just buy a ruger charger or a glock in a carbine chassis
>>
>>28572258
>QLDfag thinks he knows other states' laws
It's 75cm in QLD, 65cm everywhere else.
>>
>>28572271
But...But QLD is meant to be the most pro-fun?
>>
>>28572610
It's good in a way, because it means you can have longer pistols.
>>
>>28565700
>Laws vary from state to state when it comes to airsoft guns, but at the very least you'll need to apply for a firearms license and fill out an Australian Customs' B709 Importation of Firearms certification form. Even then, most states won't allow anyone to own or import airsoft guns for any reason.
KEK

I bought my nephew a full auto airshit rifle at walmart for like $120.
>>
>>28565700
https://www.youtube.com/embed/u6plq_T8phI?rel=0&

How do I amp up the power?
>>
>>28574025
*and make it full auto
>>
>>28566207
This. Pins "fall out" all the time.
>But you can't have AKs
Valmets are legal here. If you're a moneybags, you can slut up a Valmet into a "real" AK, and it's legal. Yes, it's retarded.
>But you can't HD
Yes we can. They'll throw any charge they can at you in a futile attaboy to get you on SOMETHING, but you can.
>But you can't OC
Unless local bylaws ban it, you can OC unloaded NR guns here. Not that people won't go "OMG ISSA GAWN CALL DA COPZ".
>But you can't CC
You can, just the license is nigh-impossible to get. The Leafs have a better chance of winning the Cup than you have of getting a CC license. Which is why many illegally CC.
>But you can't ARs innawoods
There's a petition working on that. You should go sign it.
>But your storage laws are dumb
They are, but like most firearms law, they're easily circumvented.
>But Trudeau's gonna take your guns!
You're gonna be Australia 2.0 soon!
Unlikely, and would be crushingly difficult under ideal circumstances.

Accept it. We're not Land of the Free tier, but we're pretty ok.
>>
>>28565700
As a New Yorker (Western side, thank God), I can't get the real thing so maybe I'll grab one to fuck around with. Looks pretty cool for an air gun.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.