[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Watching cops >Cop asks "Is this gun registered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: 1450033161597.jpg (138 KB, 980x1040) Image search: [Google]
1450033161597.jpg
138 KB, 980x1040
>Watching cops
>Cop asks "Is this gun registered to you?"
>OK maybe it was just that cop
>Keeps happening episode after episode

Why are LEOs so stupid?
>>
>watching cops™
>watching the electric Jew at all
>>
>Watching Cops
>>Show that teaches Americans how to get arrested.
>>
>>28559677
>Not watching cops do 2 back flips after jumping over a small fence
>>
Because they're LEOs.

During my time in the Miami-Dade PD I found out that nobody cares about serving the community. Everyone was trying to be a wannabe operator and mobile oppression force. I couldn't last 2 years with the blatant corruption.
>>
File: AdorableBugs.gif (2 MB, 318x279) Image search: [Google]
AdorableBugs.gif
2 MB, 318x279
>>28559660
>Watching cops.
>Notice almost every episode the camera man seems to be able to keep pace with the perp while you hear the cop panting and wheezing in the background.
>Camera has to be a weighty item.
>Have to assume the guy is also wearing a vest.
>Yet, he is keeping pace the whole time.
>>
I like the part where the cop yells "Stop Resisting" and then the black guy / whitetrash redneck books it and the cops have to dash after them and dog pile him.
>>
>>28559759
I like when the cop dresses up as a clown to bust prostitutes
>>
Hate to admit it, but it's an addicting show.
>>
>>28559802
Or when they hide in a big cardboard box on the back of an el camino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Kss61vs-A
>>
File: 1446518494656.jpg (8 KB, 265x265) Image search: [Google]
1446518494656.jpg
8 KB, 265x265
>>28559830
>>
>No Occifer
>;^)
>Am I being detained
>>>>"h-have a nice d-day citizen"

That's the shit they don't show you of course it's the fucking morons (read:Niggers) who don't know any better that will be shown to make good TV all the while propagating myths to trick people into gun-controlling themselves without having to legislate or executive action stuff into existence. Close the gun show loophole if everybody is afraid of it and doesn't really know what it is, for the cost of a few years of Cops reruns
>>
File: 1426637977822.jpg (59 KB, 522x583) Image search: [Google]
1426637977822.jpg
59 KB, 522x583
>>28559815
>addicting
>>
The only good shows in thr 90s
Cops
Loveline

The most accurate portrayals of the average lower class families
>>
>>28559830
Boss? Is that you?
>>
>Watching Nightwatch
>Police chase a guy down
>Find he has a pistol
>It's a Hipoint
>Officer: "This is the worst gun ever."
He's not wrong, but it made me laugh.
>>
>>28559660
>Why are LEOs so stupid?

They're not paid to be smart. They're paid to enforce laws.

You don't expect the security guard at a car factory to understand mechanical engineering.
>>
>>28560026
>>Officer: "This is the worst gun ever."
>He's not wrong

Hi-points, while pretty shitty, are at the top of the SNS market.

Where things get really awful is when you start looking at the 'ring of fire' guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBqQdZyVjjs
>>
>>28559660
>Watching cops
>Cop asks "Is this gun registered to you?"
>OK maybe it was just that cop
>Keeps happening episode after episode
LEO here. I can answer that.

We have standard questions for every procedure. Think of it like a giant flow chart and we are required by law to ask. And we have to keep asking until we get a yes or no until we move onto the next.

I hate having to ask the same question 5 fucking times, but I have to.

Will gladly post a few stories.
>>
>>28559660
>2016
>Still not knowing that COPS was scripted
>>
>>28560793
Why do you have to ask something that isn't even a thing?
>>
>>28561126
We also ask if people have grenades and bodies in their trunk.
>>
>>28560793
I want some story's...
>>
>>28560793
But it's a question which you literally cannot correctly answer "yes" to.
>>
>>28559759
>>28559802

I like the ones where they're chasing a guy and finally pin him down and are cuffing him, then the girl cops finally catch up to the group and start yelling at the suspect (or whatever the term for that is) and running back and forth around the area like a puppy barking at something that's not supposed to be there.

>>28561144
>>28560793

Stories please anon.
>>
>>28560793
Is it true that pigs can't sweat?
>>
>>28559677
>>>/pol/
>>
>>28559716
Thats basically police world wide, im doing my stint as victoria (australia) highway patrol

Yeah feels great pulling over and fining someone for doing 3kmph over the speed limit because apparently all speed kills

Other cops actually love it
>>
>>28561161
In many states/municipalities, all handguns are required to be registered.
>>
>>28561339
>Becoming the problem
Why the fuck are you doing this, anon?
>>
>>28560793
Story pls
>>
>>28561352
>In many states/municipalities,
the majority you do not
>>
>>28561144

yea ive heard that one

>got any bodies, rocket launchers, osama bin laden in the trunk?
>HYUK HYUK HYUK

fucking faggots
>>
>>28560003
This was on TV also??
>>
>>28559660
Probably trying to trick dindus into confessing into having a stolen firearm.
>>
>>28561807
I can not be bothered to check through each state's laws, so I will concede that you may be correct. If you are so inclined you can do so here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_United_States_by_state
>>
>>28561358
Cops aren't the problem you fucking faggot. It's bad cops. Unless you think that we shouldn't have a government or laws against murder then we need cops.
>>
>>28559660

cop once asked me the same question

>no its registered to your mom

hilarity ensued
>>
>>28562173
The system prevents you from being a good cop.
You aren't a good cop if you're enforcing bad laws.

Whether you're fining a kid hundreds of dollars for riding a bike without a helmet or sending an old lady to jail for owning a gun to defend herself, you are part of the problem.
>>
>>28562173
>It's bad cops.
And bad departments with bad people running them. The sheriff in my old county is a legit coke head, his son is a dealer, half the dept is related to him, they are tacticooled to hell but barely paid versus a real dept like in miami-dade, and they shoot dogs as little as a chihuahua.

The problem there is that old fucking cunts who do zero research keep voting him in because he shakes their hands and smiles real nice. But that isn't why it happens in other places.
>>
>>28562339
You are aware that there are state pathways to go through just for that purpose, right?
>>
>>28562326
>nitpicking
Yes I'm sure they are not doing anything about assaults or thefts or murders, they're just enforcing laws to meet ticket quotas

You have it all figured out
>>
>>28559660

What are the best episodes of cops?
>>
>>28562427
Well actually, in my experiences the cops don't do enough to prevent actual crimes.

I once called the police because my frail father was being assaulted, and they didn't even show up.
We were told that nothing went wrong, their system just merges nearby callouts together.

But I'm sure you'll only stop actual violent crimes, right?
Even though your job requires you to enforce bad laws and continue the problem every single day, you'll somehow be different.

You are the problem.
You will always be the problem.
Every bad cop on the planet thinks that they're that rare, elusive "good cop".
>>
>>28562405
You are aware that career shitbirds often have the cocksucking goodolboy system locked down right?

The biggest restaurateur in that area was fucking the health inspector too. I know a waitress who tried to report the health violations to someone over their head, the complaint got kicked back down to the shitbird and waitress was harassed till she "quit" her job. That was just a restaurant.

It's all well and good to say it's honorable to lie on the wire for your unit to advance, but who wants to be the one getting bumfucked by the local cops for trying to fix something that may well not get fixed anyway. We need more people to finally say they've had enough.
>>
>>28562060
>Has trouble with reading comprehension and basic knowledge of laws

Definitely a cop
>>
>>28562566
He's saying you can report stuff like that to the state government, which doesn't harbor any nostalgic feelings for Sheriff Cokehead and his 1500 constituents
>>
>>28561358

Who would you rather be a cop, the dude that wants a power trip, or the guy who actually gives a shit about their community?
>>
>>28561161
You would be surprised what you can get people to admit to.
>>28561126
Oh I know. But it's all about what we can prove during conviction. Within the first 10 seconds of a traffic stop I already know if it's going to be good or bad
>>28561201
We have a female like that.

> Get a call over the radio about a crazed naked man
> oh fuck
> I arrive on seen with my fellow officers already trying to place him in cuffs
> I help hold his arm as he struggles
> dude is strong
> he is screaming "GOD GIVE ME STRENGHT! I HAVE THE POWER!
> he is trying to break out of the cuffs by ripping the links
> after he is put in the back of my cruiser(because I was the closest) I get the scope
> man is deranged and on a mix of Four Loko's, meth, and PCP
> he is constantly quoting the bible.
> then he kicks out my window with his feet
> he some how manages to get out and runs away again still cuffed
> THANK YOU GOD! PRAISE JESUS!
> he sprints away still in cuffs
> tackle him a block away
> put him back in the cruiser
> spend the rest of my shift questioning my existence and God as to why he would help that druggy.
>>
>>28562762
It literally does not matter so long as he's enforcing the same laws.

One day it'll hit you.
You'll realise that you're just another useless cog in the machine, and that by actively being a part of it you're contributing to the problem regardless of your intentions.

Until then, enjoy beating people up, shooting their dogs and lying in court while telling yourself that you're just doing it "to help the community".
>>
>>28562714
idk, maybe it is because the state rep in that area in but buddies with the sheriff. People have tried to report stuff before, and they usually just end up harassed by cops until they move.

I'm not trying to be a negative nancy, but the guy's been going strong for 20 years, even after his coke use was exposed, even after his son dealing was exposed. It's nuts.
>>
>>28562800
>It literally does not matter so long as he's enforcing the same laws
Incorrect. This is the same reason why MPs are power tripping idiots that get nothing worthwhile done.
>>
>>28561352
>In many states/municipalities,

There are like four or five states with handgun registries, and they're all shithole coastal states where legal gun ownership is almost nonexistent, so it's already a non-starter.
>>
>be in New York State
>all handgun ownership requires a permit
>all handguns must be registered to you on said permit
>even for limited use/on-premise permits
>>
>>28562852

>be in a free state
>all handguns can be purchased by any law abiding citizen over 21
>all handguns are unregistered
>license required only for carry, and in some states never

Why haven't you moved yet, anon?
>>
>>28562836
Great.

So let's say you find someone with a few oz of weed.
What are you going to do?
Arrest him or let him go?

If you say the former, then you're part of the problem - jailing people for victimless crimes.
If you say the latter, then you'll lose your job.

Policing and morality are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>28562427
>Yes I'm sure they are not doing anything about assaults or thefts or murders, they're just enforcing laws to meet ticket quotas

In some areas that's literally what is happening.

In places like Detroit and Flint upwards of 90% of homicides go unsolved, and cops routinely show up to emergency calls thirty minutes later, or not at all.

But for some reason there's never a shortage of patrol cops doing speed traps in rich suburbs.

Funny how that works.
>>
>>28562874
I did, back in July. Just pointing out that there are shitty states out there. I'm sure a lot of these videos are taken in NY/NJ/CA and other shit states with large minority populations.
>>
>>28562877
I agree with you somewhat. I personally have known cops who don't bust people for weed though. But some of them were because they like free weed and smoke it themselves.
>>
>>28562877
fucking dope addict scum
>>
>>28562880
>In places like Detroit and Flint upwards of 90% of homicides go unsolved, and cops routinely show up to emergency calls thirty minutes later, or not at all.
>But for some reason there's never a shortage of patrol cops doing speed traps in rich suburbs.

Yeah, but once cops show up in the high crime parts of Detroit and Flint and doing patrols they'll get attacked for targeting blacks.

>cops stay away from problem areas
"They don't care"
>cops patrol problem areas
"Cops are racist"
>>
>>28559716
>Maimi-Dade
>community
That wholesale is a shit hole stateis filled with shit hole people, how you can honestly call that a "community" is startling
>>
File: copsinothercountries.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
copsinothercountries.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>28562800
>>28562800

You say all that like you are some how helping your community more than that cop, or any first responder.
>>
ITT: anons don't realize some states have registries
>>
>>28562775
>on seen
>>
>>28562877
>just legalize it maan
>the system is broken
feel the bern amirite?
>>
>>28563109
I'm helping the community more than cops in that I'm not actively harming it.

>>28563133
If there's no victim, there should be no crime.
The same is true regardless of your individual prejudices.
>>
>>28563142
Your subjective opinions on what counts as a victim are irrelevant. Just because YOU think your crimes do not create victims does not make it so.
>>
>>28563133
>da chilluns are overdosing on as little as ONE WEED COOKIE

>NOT ONE MORE CHILLUN!

This is a real news report after CO legalized it. Fuck human beings who want to tell me what I'm allowed do with myself.
>>
>>28562440
>I can break these cuffs!
>You can't break those cuffs.
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!
>>
>>28563167
>Fuck human beings who want to tell me what I'm allowed do with myself.
Stefonknee pls.
>>
> doing paperwork and sitting on the edge of town along the highway
> acting as a speeding deterrent(fyi, we do this a lot, State Troopers especially)
> occasionally glance up at passing cars
> look up at the silver Buick
> inside looks really cloudy
> yep stoners
> hit red and blues
> stop them and they roll down the window
> oh yeah, they were smoking.
> driver and passengers are surprisingly cooperative
> "How much weed do you have?"
> "Well we smoked like most of it, I think like 2 grams left?"
> "Who's pipe?"
> Guy in the passenger seat.
> search there car and find nothing else
> confiscate the pipe and weed
> write out a ticket and a court summons
> our laws are unique, instead of jail for weed possession, it's a confiscation and a misdemeanor $100 fine per gram with a max of 27 grams
> or it's a felony distribution charge
> kids are relieved when they discover they are not going to jail
>>
>>28563163
Okay, tell me who the victim is if I:
>Ride a pushbike without a helmet
>Have a backyard paddling pool with 31cm of water
>Own an unregistered gun
>Smoke weed
>Marry a man
>Willingly work for less than the award rate
>Sell alcohol without a license
>Buy a beer after "lockout"
>Play an uncensored version of Left 4 Dead

I could go on almost indefinitely.
If there's no victim, there's no crime.
The concept of "collective victimhood" is a complete falsehood invented by the likes of fascists and communists.

If I am harming nobody else, you have absolutely no right to tell me what to do with my money and my body.
>>
>>28563249
And how did you make your area a better place by doing this? Not being snobby, I am asking your opinion.

I am former MP, former LEOfag.
>>
>>28562877
>drugs
>victimless crimes

Because the number of drug dealers in your area has no correlation whatsoever with the amount of violent crime in your area

Because the large-scale suppliers/distributors of drugs are not cartels, terrorist organizations like FARC, or fucking North Korea (they're a major producer of meth, look it up)

I say this as someone in favor of deregulation of marijuana. Assuming it actually ever becomes legal nationwide and legitimate businesses displace organized crime, using it will indeed have no victims other than yourself. Until then, anyone who pretends that no one is being hurt when they buy drugs for recreational use is either disingenuous or fucking delusional.
>>
>>28563294
>Because the number of drug dealers in your area has no correlation whatsoever with the amount of violent crime in your area
For starters, that is absolutely and entirely because of the illegality of drugs - not because of the drugs themselves. Johnson and Johnson aren't getting into turf wars with Pfizer.

Secondarily, we already have laws against violence. I'm specifically referring to the drugs.
You can't just ban something because it's associated with something else that's already illegal.

If I buy a hamburger from you and then you use that money to pay for an assassin, I'm not contributing to your crime and I am in no way responsible.

The same is true of everything.

Buying, selling and taking drugs are all victimless crimes.
>>
>>28559716
The Broward Sheriff's office literally acts like the gestapo. I've been lucky enough to not need to deal with dade county which is even bigger and corrupter.
>>
>>28563261
>tell me who the victim is
Society.
People like you are all the same. You only care about yourself and while you may speak of not harming anyone else we both know that's true only if you think you'll get caught.

If you lack the moral character to follow simple basic laws why should we trust you to follow major ones?
>>
>>28563294
>drug dealers
>crime correlation
Because it is illegal is what makes it profitable, is what makes it attractive to unsavory idiots.

If we made chocolate/candy illegal and cracked down on it like the war on drugs, you better believe that there'd be violent crime associated with it from then on.

This is an issue for the citizens to go after in rallies and votes though.
>>
>>28563339
Society as a whole is a victim?
Wonderful.

What were you saying about being a "good cop" again?

Because now you're admitting to literally being a fascist claiming collective victimhood and (I presume) collective responsibility for crimes.
>>
>>28563294
>Because the number of drug dealers in your area has no correlation whatsoever with the amount of violent crime in your area
There was tons of gang violence between rum runners during prohibition. Guess what happened when prohibition ended?
>Because the large-scale suppliers/distributors of drugs are not cartels, terrorist organizations like FARC, or fucking North Korea (they're a major producer of meth, look it up)
Radical anarchist and communist groups played a major role in illicit alcohol production during prohibition. It was a major revenue source that, for obvious reasons, couldn't be traced. Guess what happened when prohibition ended?

Both of these phenomena that you are citing as a justification for banning drugs exist SOLELY BECAUSE DRUGS ARE ILLEGAL.

I don't understand why you people have such a hard time grasping this.
>>
>>28563339
>By having a pool with 31cm of water, you're assaulting literally everybody on the planet!
kek
>>
>>28563294
Pretty sure all the meth used in my area is made in my area.

There was a meth house busted in a nice neighborhood I know of. Was run by two EMTs. Another was run by the person who ran the most successful local custom AR shop.

Get off my dick with that north korea boogeyman shit. Even if it is/were/ true, there'd be 0 dollars going to those norks if it was legal to make buy and sell here.

Shit, it'd be safer too. Licensed chemists, guaranteed purity, quality labs.
>>
>>28563339
>If we can't trust you to wear a helmet on your bike, we can't trust you not to murder people!
Where do you faggots even come from lel
>>
>>28563321
>Johnson and Johnson aren't getting into turf wars with Pfizer.
Except they are, they just don't need to use petty violence to fight their wars.

I find it ironic that people like you who are undoubtedly aware of the concept of regulatory capture, never stop and realize that these "legitimate businesses" are every bit as willing to commit violence as their illegitimate equivalents but since they have the force monopoly of the state behind them effective resistance from those outside the captured system is impossible.
>>
>>28563279
If anything we became a mecca for stoners now. Because if they get busted, oh well they are not going to jail. It's great that I don't have to write up a 10 page report on every bust.

The majority of our offenders are first timers.
>>
>>28563424
If wearing a helmet burns your ass SO MUCH that you think it invalidates the very concept of the judicial system, this is clearly less about helmets and more about the unwillingness to recognize outside authority.

In my experience people who only recognize the authority of themselves seldom respect the property and lives of others.
>>
>>28563321
Do you think consuming child pornography is a victimless crime?
>>
>>28563279
Not him and I'm not against smoking pot but driving under the influence is a definite hazard
>>
File: 1451906078147.gif (1 MB, 496x400) Image search: [Google]
1451906078147.gif
1 MB, 496x400
wew lads, don't get to wrapped up in arguing with some likely troll who is spouting "tow the line, pick up that can" type drivel while refusing to see any validity in opposing points even if he doesn't agree.

tl;dr obvious troll is obvious >>28563427
>>
>>28563261
>ride a pushbike without a helmet

If you have an accident without one and don't die, other people will be subsidizing your medical bills for the rest of your life, all because you couldn't pay $20 for a helmet.

>Smoke weed

See >>28563294

>Willingly work for less than the award rate

Undercutting helps business but screws over labor. It is the main reason why many previously decent jobs are now the sole domain of illegals--because they pay too little to actually live on now unless you are willing to be the modern equivalent of a sharecropper.

>Sell alcohol without a license

Money from liquor licenses is used to bankroll the public services of your state. Furthermore, a system of licensing makes it easier to prosecute someone selling adulterated products.
>>
>>28563438
I'm asking how busting those kids as you described made your area a genuinely better place. That's why I wanted to became an MP and a LEO later, I wanted to actually make thing better for the people around me.

I found it hard as fuck to do, mostly because my superiors were only concerned with politics, later careers, or an easy ride into retirement.
>>
>>28563460
>child abuse must happen to create cp
>some how growing a plant or mixing chemicals is inalienable from abusing someone
Try again.
>>
>>28563367
>Guess what happened when prohibition ended?
The more enterprising of them went "legitimate" and used the threat of overwhelming violence from the state to drive their rivals out of business.

The violence didn't stop, one side just gained an overwhelming force advantage over the other and "won". The ironic part is I bet you complain about how the ATF will bust down your door for alcohol production without a permit without seeing the connection.
>>
>>28563454
You're the one advocating for the use of force against people not wearing helmets.
Seems like you care about it a lot more than I do, friendo.

And I thought it'd be clear by now that my entire concept of rights stems from property rights. So yeah, I do respect the property and lives of others.

Meanwhile, you're so respectful of our lives and properties that you'll kill and steal from us in order to further your ideologies.
So respectful.

>>28563460
If you provide financial or social support to the creator, then yes - there is a victim.
If you don't contribute to the creation of it in any sense, then no - it's a victimless crime.
Why child porn in particular though? Are you a filthy pedo?

>>28563479
>other people will be subsidizing your medical bills
So then surely this should be expanded to every potentially dangerous activity.
>Eating junk food? Banned.
>Playing rugby? Banned.
>Having sex? Banned.
>Not exercising enough? Banned.

The entire point of a universal healthcare system is that it's for everybody - not just the people whose lifestyles you approve of.

>Undercutting helps business but screws over labor
So wait... The victim is myself? Are you seriously implying that I should press charges against myself for voluntarily doing something?
What the fuck is wrong with you?

>a system of licensing makes it easier to prosecute someone selling adulterated products
So then everything should be licensed.
Why don't you need a biscuit license to sell Tim Tams?

>>28563474
>I'm a good cop, I care about the community!
>Now pick up that can, civilian.
Kek, so true. Every fucking time.
>>
>>28563474
>calls me a troll for pointing out the bigger picture

People like you are evidence of how anarchists don't put any actual thought into the ramifications of their beliefs.
>>
>>28563468
If it is a definite hazard, then the law is still fucked because they were allowed to continue on.

I personally believe that weed is not the same thing as alcohol when it comes to driving, but there definitely is a point at which it isn't safe.

Tests should be created to measure for this like we do with breathalyzers.

OR, what I prefer, a quality field sobriety test.
>>
>>28563529
>You're the one advocating for the use of force against people not wearing helmets.
actually no I'm the one advocating that if their local government puts into place an ordinance demanding they pay a fine, they should pay the fine, and if they don't like it they should lobby to get said ordinance withdrawn.

> So yeah, I do respect the property and lives of others.
Oh, I'm sure.
>>
>>28563479
>people will be subsidizing your medical bills for the rest of your life
Man I got fucked up fierce overseas, and even the guaranteed medical benefits really aren't inclusive at all. Unless I decide to make complaining to the VA my second job.
>>
>>28563556
>they should pay the fine
Meaning you want to steal from them under threat of violence.

But at least they didn't go out and ride their bike!
Otherwise they'd be literally assaulting the entire planet!
>>
>>28563517
Yes, the ATF are bankster goons.
>>
>>28563517
>The violence didn't stop,

I can't seem to recall hearing about Budweiser sending death squads into Miller headquarters during a board meeting, but by all means feel free to post some examples off such scenarios.

> The ironic part is I bet you complain about how the ATF will bust down your door for alcohol production without a permit without seeing the connection.

Careful with a strawman that big, it can be a fire hazard.
>>
>>28563367
>There was tons of gang violence between rum runners during prohibition. Guess what happened when prohibition ended?

They started selling drugs instead while continuing to collect revenues from racketeering, extortion, gambling, and prostitution. I hope you aren't one of those idiots somehow equating the artificial rise in "crime" rates during Prohibition (the 1920s equivalent of the War on Drugs fetish for throwing people in jail for possession) with the rise of organized crime, which had already been a powerful force in American cities/politics for decades.

>Radical anarchist and communist groups played a major role in illicit alcohol production during prohibition. It was a major revenue source that, for obvious reasons, couldn't be traced. Guess what happened when prohibition ended?

A fine example of a spurious relationship. The decline of both domestic anarchism and communism during the 20th century had more to do with the New Deal and official recognition of labor's right to organize stealing their platforms out from under them combined with active suppression of hardliners and the restriction of immigration from Eastern and Southern Europe than with them not being able to sell booze anymore.
>>
>>28563574
>can't seem to recall hearing about Budweiser sending death squads into Miller headquarters during a board meeting
That would be a really cool near-future violency cyberpunky plot for a movie though.
>>
>>28563566
>steal from them under threat of violence
Your hyperbole is cute but neatly avoids the actual facts.

If you consider paying a fine to be theft, then clearly you consider arbitration to be tyrannical as well.

So Mr. "I respect my fellow man and his property", if your neighbor brings suit against you, and the court rules against you and demands that you pay your neighbor financial restitution for damages, is that theft under the threat of violence as well?
>>
>Taking a police studies course
>Like 90% of the students look like the kind of folk who bullied the nerds in high school
>Only one guy I knew in there who was both physically fit and a genuinely nice guy
>Anyone else I knew who seemed even somewhat decent or intelligent dropped the class or decided to go into another field once they were done
Good god, I don't even want to imagine what the actual department is like, I think I'm just gonna go with a job in retail.
>>
File: Dr_Satan_.jpg (31 KB, 400x497) Image search: [Google]
Dr_Satan_.jpg
31 KB, 400x497
>>28563536
breathalyzers are lie detector test tier m8. all it shows is the amount of alcohol metabolized into someone's blood (unless they have acid reflux, heartburn, the machine wasn't properly cleaned, the machine wasn't properly calibrated, etc.) not intoxication.

Anyone who is an alcohol can have double or more the limit and bacs past the "a 16 year old girl would be dead from this" level and be more functional than someone who is lower than the arbitrary BaC standard, which protip used to be .015 until they realized they could make more revenue if "drunk" was 2 beers in an hour.

examine his weed story
>pulled over for smoking, not for signs of impaired driving
pretty much every weed/alcohol/drug stop is the result of some bullshit like speeding, improper lights, rolling stops, etc. if the ~1 in 6 americans who will get a DUI charge in thier driving career were PSA swerving through traffic at 90 they'd be one of the 10k alcohol related auto deaths, not sitting in court 2 years later because they ran a yellow in front of a cop looking to pad his ticket quota.

The whole system is about money, not community safety.
>>
>>28563574
>can't seem to recall hearing about Budweiser sending death squads into Miller headquarters during a board meeting,

They don't need to dumbass that's the whole point.
They do however operate under negotiated terms and if those terms are violated then yes the death squads a.k.a. the very police people are bitching about in this thread do in fact show up.
>>
>>28563529
When you consume child pornography, you are encouraging the creation of more of it, which leads to children being abused.

When you consume drugs, you are encouraging the creation of more of it, which gives money to organized crime.

Once again, the people who say drug use is victimless are only correct if drug use is made legal. In the current situation, they are financing the murder/oppression of others because they're fucking hedonistic pieces of shit.
>>
>edge thread

It's fun to watch idiots get rekt by cops.

You idiots probably also think that lotteries are unfair to poor people.
>>
>>28563261
>uncensored version of Left 4 Dead
Confirmed for Ausfag
>>
>>28563651

What the fuck are you even trying to say? You have completely failed at leveling a coherent argument.

You claimed that the violence continued, but then you turn around and acknowledge that it didn't, but only because, as you are claiming in this post, they didn't need to.

Make up your fucking mind.
>>
>>28563659
No, I was pretty clear - if you encourage the creation of more of it, it's not a victimless crime.

If someone posts some CP on /b/ and you download it, you aren't harming anybody - because the creator doesn't even know you exist.
>>
>>28563659
>which gives money to organized crime.

Because it's illegal. That's the part you keep conveniently sidestepping.

If it were legal, and the drugs were being produce by established pharmaceutical companies, their would be no flow of money to organized crime.

You are foaming at the mouth about a problem that you created.
>>
>>28563681
you aren't that good at the whole reading comprehension thing, are you?

during prohibition
>if you undercut us or fuck us over we'll kill you
after prohibition
>if you undercut us or fuck us over the ATF will kill/imprison you for us
>>
>>28563587
Even you admit though that the same people went into drugs. But you seem to be denying that organized criminal enterprises were invigorated by prohibition.

I don't think anyone here is saying that removing victemless crimes, like drug crimes, will remove all criminals. What is being said is that it would stop alot of the money they receive, and allow police to spend their efforts on a more narrow concentrated area, the actual violent types. There isn't any connection between legal sale of drugs and racketeering for instance.
>>
>>28563672
>Ha, I know!
>I'll intentionally confuse libertarians for socialists!
>That'll show 'em!
>>
>>28563529
>So then surely this should be expanded to every potentially dangerous activity.

Yeah, or you could just not be a selfish dumbfuck and buy a helmet like everyone else.

>So wait... The victim is myself?

And everyone else who works in same field. Thank you for confirming that you only think about yourself.

>Why don't you need a biscuit license to sell Tim Tams?

When is the last time you heard about someone causing a car accident because he ate some biscuits?
>>
>>28559716
>Miami-Dade
>real cops

Pick one, only one.

Real cop here, fuck those guys. They're as bad to other agencies as they are citizens.
>>
>>28563681
The fact that Miller and Budweiser do not need to send "death squads" to rub each other out, does not negate the fact that the "deaths squads" will show up if you or I were to attempt to compete with Miller and Budweiser by producing commercial quantities of alcohol without official sanction from the "cartel".

ergo the violence of prohibition has not actually stopped. It's not complicated anon.
>>
>>28563714

What the fuck are you rambling about?
>>
>>28563715
>Yeah, or you could just not be a selfish dumbfuck and buy a helmet like everyone else.
So what you're saying is that you don't have a response?

>And everyone else who works in same field
Wait, if I work for $10/hr how am I assaulting someone else who works for a different company for $20/hr?

>causing a car accident because he ate some biscuits?
You specifically said "adulterated products". The goalposts sure are moving quickly today.
>>
>>28563708
And both are wrong. Even Washington squashed people who were just trying to make their own booze.

I sometimes wonder if ol' George was testing the new nation, seeing if we'd have the balls to stand up to domestic aggression. And we failed.

We live in punishment, not unlike the original people exiled from Eden.
>>
File: 1452904703072.jpg (289 KB, 1424x2032) Image search: [Google]
1452904703072.jpg
289 KB, 1424x2032
>>28563708
>after prohibition
>>if you undercut us or fuck us over the ATF will kill/imprison you for us

Provide an example of an alcoholic beverage company siccing an ATF death squad on a business rival, for the purposes of eliminating competition.

I'll wait.
>>
File: 1432700761155.png (644 KB, 849x477) Image search: [Google]
1432700761155.png
644 KB, 849x477
>>28563738

>The fact that Miller and Budweiser do not need to send "death squads" to rub each other out, does not negate the fact that the "deaths squads" will show up if you or I were to attempt to compete with Miller and Budweiser
>>
>>28563659
What if I grow my own?
>>
>>28563686
Do you not realize that some of these people producing child pornography are doing it for attention and not money? The propagation of it is what they want.
>>
Quick reminder that this thread is further proof that there is literally no such thing as a good cop.

They all want to push their own perverted morality onto others.
>>
>>28563764
Yes, hence the reason why I mentioned "social support".

If you say "Sweet CP brah, make some more!" then you are contributing to it.
If you distribute it, you're also contributing.
If you download and fap to it, you aren't contributing because you aren't giving them any attention or money.
>>
File: 1417055114542.gif (1 MB, 230x172) Image search: [Google]
1417055114542.gif
1 MB, 230x172
>>28563774
>>
>>28563738
>ergo the violence of prohibition has not actually stopped

See>>28563757

Cities on the east coast set new homicide records after prohibition went in to effect. Gang killings didn't make it above the fold anymore.

This other anon, and apparently you now, are claiming that this violence never stopped.

If that's so, it should be quite easy to prove. Post some sources.
>>
>>28563762
That's fine by me. I see nothing wrong with that, and I see no reason why it should be illegal.
>>
>>28563715
distraction is one of the leading causes of auto accidents, whether a phone call or eating a fistfull of biscuits. the logical progression of your argument is we need to ban biscuits in the name of public safety to prevent biscuit related auto fatalities.
>bu...bu...bu...there aren't that many!
and only 10,000 out of a country of roughly 320,000,000 die in car accidents involving intoxication. if you trivialize the "one life!" lost to biscuit related auto fatalities because it doesn't fucking matter then you have no leg to stand on for your pathological reason for 0.00003125% of the population that die wrapping thier truck around an oak tree.
>>
>>28563659
What if I make my own meth because I'm a certified whiz kid of a chemist?

What if I grow my own pot because I have a green thumb?

What if I made my own coke because I am a green thumbed whiz kid chemist?

What if this was all done in amerca, with our labor laws, and with FDA checks on purity and overall quality?

What if?

On the other hand, child porn can't exist without abuse no matter what, you cannot argue that it is comparable. Not without being fucking stupid sounding at least.
>>
>>28559738
This, every fucking time. You don't even hear the camera man breathing loudly. Maybe they edit it out but holy shit that's embarrassing
>>
>>28563786
>hosts can't tell if files have been downloaded
>especially on tor
Stop.
>>
>>28563757
>muh deathsquads strawman
>threat of violation of local, state, and federal liquor ordinances that will result in fines and incarceration for not toeing the line and letting everyone make money not being the same thing as bootleggers taking each other on for muscling in on territory.

how do you not understand that changing the stick still means someones hitting you with a stick? just because it isn't the Mcullock gang shooting up your dock and costing you 10k in product but now the ATF fining you $10,000 for a violation doesn't mean you aren't out 10K
>>
>>28562427
>Yes I'm sure they are not doing anything about assaults or thefts or murders, they're just enforcing laws to meet ticket quotas

If they are uniforms, yeah that's exactly what they are doing.

Aside from that, clearance rates are abysmal. I'll grant that a major reason why that is is because it really isn't that hard to get away with a crime if you meet pretty much one condition

>Don't personally know or be associated in anyway with the victim
>>
>>28563840
I think you are saying you would prefer if it was all totally legal, drug wise, and the cops just focused on going after the people who get violent?
>>
>>28563807
the cheese pizza argument starts to break apart when they seek to imprison people for viewing drawings of 35 year old elf girls who happen to have flat chests and be 4ft tall.
>>
>>28563860
violent/abusive*
>>
>>28559660
I feel like people who hate the cops are minorities, dumb, or criminals.

A cop has never hassled me ever.
>>
>>28563873
you have to be over 18 to post here kiddo. the real world is going to hit you like a brick to the face.
>>
>>28563840
>>muh deathsquads strawman

Don't use terms you don't understand.

>how do you not understand that changing the stick still means someones hitting you with a stick? just because it isn't the Mcullock gang shooting up your dock and costing you 10k in product but now the ATF fining you $10,000 for a violation doesn't mean you aren't out 10K

A threat of a fine is a far cry from getting mowed down by a BAR in an alleyway. Your claim is that "the violence never stopped'. Back that claim up, or acknowledge that you have lost the argument.

Violence, by every objective, quantifiable measure, dropped after prohibition ended. Dramatically.

Deal.
With.
It.
>>
>>28562714
Who are they going to believe? The "shit bird who's mad that he got a speeding ticket or some shit", or the fucking sheriff?

Not even that anon, but fucking think before you say some stupid shit. Just think about all the times people reply to someone legitimately criticizing cops with "haha he's made af because he got pulled over" "Fucking hippie pot head" etc.

Now imagine it's not just some cop you're not even associated with on the internet, it's literally the elected Sheriff of a county you live in.
>>
>>28563887
I think most people who think the cops are 'out to get you' feel that way because they are. Because you are breaking laws.
>>
>>28563866
Obviously we are talking about humans, not drawings. USA doesn't go after loli drawingshit anyway.
>>
>>28563926
The average American commits three felonies a day.
They do it without knowing, and without harming anybody else.

Telling people that they "shouldn't be worried about cops as long as they don't break the law" is like telling people who live in ISIS that they "shouldn't be worried about being thrown off a building as long as they aren't gay"
>>
>>28563076
>>cops stay away from problem areas
>"They don't care"
>>cops patrol problem areas
>"Cops are racist"

False dichotomy you dunce.

It isn't "enforce the law" or "stay away" with no room for nuance.

Perhaps you shouldn't beat the shit out of people and shoot them while shouting "stop resisting" while they are literally on the ground and in cuffs.

"Stop resisting" is the LEO version of "Am I being detained?".
>>
>>28563889
the ATF murdering popcorn sutton isn't written up as "crime"

>old moonshiner makes documentary
>shows people how shitty the ATF is, how to distill spirits, muh history, and questions prohibition holdout laws passed by soccermoms and misused by mainstream alcohol producers
>ATF raids his place
>popcorn sutton ded as fuck
>1000 gorillion gallons of moonshine apparently found
>none cataloged into evidence
>none ever seen by someone who isn't an ATF agent

>>28563926
like fags did in the 40's?
you commit 3+ felonies a day buddy. You being an underagefag or a sheltered idiot doesn't change that.

>>28563946
yet

it's been proposed and many countries will send you to prison for drawing a stick figure with small boobs.
>>
>>28563946
A lot of other countries do.
There are quite a few Ausfags in this thread, and loli is absolutely illegal here.

If the cops think you have loli on your computer, they'll kick in your door, shoot your dog and torture you for your encryption key.
>>
>>28559660
The producers of Cops changed the program to show more white criminals on the show because the progressive faggots felt blacks were portrayed unfairly.

That's why it went from chases and gunfire to random stupid drunks, domestic disputes, and other boring shit.
>>
It amuses me that people here hate the shit out of cops and then, in the same breath, unironically argue that police treatment of dindus is entirely justified.
>>
>>28563946
>USA doesn't go after loli drawingshit anyway.

Uhhhhhhh
>>
>>28563840
>>muh deathsquads strawman

You literally said deathsquads homie.

You stated that companies are sicking deathsquads of BATFE agents on each other.

But they aren't. That's retarded.
>>
>>28563989
Same person who did Popcorn in also fucked up Waco. Jim Cavanaugh iirc.

And then Sutton killed himself before he could get hauled off to jail, he was sick at the time and was deathly afraid of dying in jail.

Another interesting thin, Lon Hirouchi (idk how it's spelled) was the crazy shooter at ruby ridge, and they let him play crazy killer again at Waco.
>>
>>28564018
>It amuses me that people here hate the shit out of cops and then, in the same breath, unironically argue that police treatment of dindus is entirely justified.

This. So fucking much.
>>
>>28563261
your opinion is irrelevant.
>>
>>28564049
>more than one person can't think I'm retarded... right?
>I literally don't understand hyperbole

>>28564057
Sutton "killed himself" just like they "found" 1000s of gallons of moonshine on his property
>>
>>28564040
Uhhh nothing, it ain't illegal in the US. Drawings mang.

But sorry other countries, yeah your laws suck even more than the USA's. You need to get your funs back before you should give a fuck about loli shit.

>I like tall ladies with huge tits and big asses
I still think laws against drawings are fucking dumb, but it is certainly not the most pressing issue at the moment.
>>
>>28564061
>>28564018
samefag so fucking desu baka senpai much
>>
>>28564061
younglings and poors dislike the police.
>>
>>28564092
>What is obscenity?

>What is US v Handley?
>>
>>28564018
>>28564061
>/k/ is 1 person
>>
File: obvious same fag.png (177 KB, 1370x542) Image search: [Google]
obvious same fag.png
177 KB, 1370x542
>>28564101

>>28564110
So you hate the cops, but not when they are fucking up someone you don't like?
>>
>>28563724
Small town cop here, this....

> Only thing i would do would be have dispatch run the guns Serial # through NCIC to see if its stolen.. Other than that "registered" is bullshit.
> Dispatch would hate me for it though...
> But fuck them its their job.
>>
File: whateverfucboi.png (177 KB, 1370x542) Image search: [Google]
whateverfucboi.png
177 KB, 1370x542
>>28564133
>>
>>28564156
So they're all you?

Are you me?
>>
>>28564110
>anyone liking the police

every police-public interaction either exposes their ineffectualness or corruption.

Or do you really think your local PD's speedtrap takes precedence over having another car to respond to that murdered restraining order holder's 911 call a few minutes quicker?
>>
>>28564156
I don't get it. You post a lot of dumb shit?
>>
>>28564133
pppfffffbbbbttt

DUMBFUCK your own post shows you samefagging to the other post though.
>>
>>28564180
I think having roads that are safe is something I like. I don't know how to weight safe roads against 911 murder response times. It seems like an extreme example. I use roads and don't live in the ghetto.
>>
>>28564185
Do you not know what samefagging is?
>>
>>28564110
>>28564061

>>28564195

>>28564133

But it is probably all him too anyway, he was just too stupid to edit the other part.
>>
>>28564210

Responding to two different posts isn't samefagging.

Responding to one post pretending to be multiple people is samefagging.
>>
>>28564227
Correct.
>>
>>28562440
There used to be a cops commercial and there was a cop chasing someone and he says "stop running or I'll shoot you in the back!" Turns out my mom knows that guy. Many keks ensued
>>
>>28564240
So then how am I samefagging by responding to two different posts?

By that logic essentially anyone who has ever in their life made more than one single post here is "samefaggin".
>>
>>28564194
>tickets
>make the road safer
you can't be this indoctrinated.

outside of bumblefuck or your 12 year old bedroom, everyone speeds. all the time. it is literally dangerous to go the speed limit on the interstate highway system. who gets pulled over is literally a game of "who has the nicest car/shittiest car" to either get a fat juicy ticket or a nioce drug search but it's totally not profiling we say you were speeding. The reason why the national speed limit isn't raised to 35-55-75 is because tickets are an easy way to generate local revenue without raising taxes.

lick that boot somewhere else as cars dodge your ass "safely" going 20 miles slower than the flow of traffic.
>>
>>28559660
all guns should be registered to a licenced gun owner.
The world would be a safer place.
>>
>>28564263
Don't stop now.
>>
>>28564307
0/10

Doesn't even know what samefagging is, but saw it in a thread and couldn't help but repeat it.
>>
>>28559660
anon with respect you know fuck all about how police work

the first thing that may have not sunk in is that most people don't know shit about the law, so when police approach people they often have to dumb things down, or lead people in such a way that the person doesn't fuck up accidentally.

the second thing is that they are actively targeting criminals, you might laugh at what they do but a real criminal may have an entirely different reaction

the third is that the police are simply the instrument of the law, which puts them in a very difficult spot
if the law is unreasonable, if they vary it they may get hammered by the public AND the force
and they can get hammered the same way if they DO follow the law to the letter
they are made responsible for things that are often largely out of their control

for instance in a country where anyone could easily be armed, do they slam tackle every suspect in case they are packing, or do they call out first and guarantee that that one in a hundred guy will start shooting at whichever officer encounters him.
>>
SoFlo cop here... holy shit OP this is genius and just gave me a new idea on how to trick criminals into confessing that they were carrying a stolen firearm post Miranda:

>"Javaris, that Jennings registered to you?"
>"Man I ain't had no gunnnn."
>"I literally watched you throw it. Just because it's not registered to you doesn't mean you stole it, is it registered to a friend of yours? Come on man, work with me on this so we can clear you and let you go home tonight."
>"Y-yeah it's muh homies' glock. He lemme borrow it. Should be registered to him."
>"Oh ok so <insert made up name here> is your buddy?"
>"Yeah man."
>"Ok well I just made that up, and it was reported stolen out of Broward 2 years ago. So now you've admitted to carrying concealed without a permit, you're a felon, you had a stolen gun, and you're a liar on audio and video. Think about the next words that come out of your mouth very carefully or we're not going to be able to help you."

Then shut the car door and let him stew on the back seat camera for about 2 and a half minutes.

>"So you wanna stop playing games now?"

One of two things will happen. He'll openly admit or minimize with more incriminating lies, or he'll lawyer up but it's too late. You've just gotten him to indirectly but clearly admit to all offenses, and shown the jury that he's a liar.

Thx OP.
>>
>>28564317
Are you damaged?
>>
>>28562316
Get out.
>>
>>28564330
Inb4 "but theres no gun registry in florida!"
>>
>>28564326
Most cops don't know shit about the law.
>>
>>28564330
This is unethical as fuck, just so you know.
>>
>>28564330
it'd work all of once, so save it for someone stupid enough to fall for it but big enough to matter

then watch as the higher court decides you violated his rights 10 years down the pipe and the people become safe from your shenanigans

also fuck you. I hate niggers as much as the next guy but florida carry laws are shit and stop trying to find ways to get away with violating people's 5th amendment rights you massive winged faggot.
>>
>>28563261
You and the hospital that has to pay your medical bills >>Ride a pushbike without a helmet
The kid that stumbles in from next door and drowns in it >>Have a backyard paddling pool with 31cm of water
nobody >>Own an unregistered gun
nobody >>Smoke weed
nobody >>Marry a man
You and the society that has to give you welfare to enable you to survive >>Willingly work for less than the award rate
The people that have to pay for law enforcement, medical and repair bills due to the damage the idiots you sold it to caused >>Sell alcohol without a license
wut >>Buy a beer after "lockout"
nobody >>Play an uncensored version of Left 4 Dead
>>
>>28564439
>The kid that stumbles in from next door and drowns in it
No, in that case I would actually be a victim of trespass.
>>
>>28564439
>has to pay your medical bills
This doesn't happen as much as you imply it does, if at all. More homeless people use these expenses than anyone, but you probably think "fug da homeless" too right?
>>
>>28564368
and that's another problem, nobody can know all the laws, and not even lawyers know more than the basics on the spot

when someone asks "is that gun registered to you", they are actually fishing for implicits
A. confirm you are knowledgeably in possession of a the weapon
B. confirm or deny if it's stolen
C. demonstrate you know something at all about the law

so it literally doesn't matter if there is a registration requirement, because in answering the question the suspect will in all likelihood tell the officer everything he/she needed to know

in this case
"what gun?"
"it's not mine I'm just carrying it"
"it's registered to (insert made up name)"
"fuck the law this is my gat"
would be cause for arrest, and would by typical criminal answers
>>
>>28564449
Kids are not criminally liable.
>>
>>28564439
This post is so fucking wrong or misguided in many of the entries that I can't pull it apart properly without a few paragraphs. At least you aren't totally bootlicking.
>>
>>28564464
Then fuck me, I'm going to teach some kids how to pick locks and then start a burglary ring.
>>
>>28564474
Why do you think so many white trash moms have their kids steal shit at walmart?
>>
>>28562475
Even Tempenny in gta San Andreas thought he was a good cop
>>
>>28564449
usually an owner of a premises has a "duty of care", meaning a obligation to protect anyone who might be affected

anyone includes trespassers to some degree, because the possibility of trespass is foreseeable

this means if I put bear traps on my lawn to catch housebreakers, and I cut off some guys leg I can't say "if he wasn't breaking the law it wouldn't have happened

in essence one breach of the law doesn't always make resulting breaches by others OK
>>
>>28564474
I wish your 6 year old girl the best of luck stealing my 70" tv. If she can take it without getting crushed by it she is most welcome to it.
>>
>>28564496
I was thinking a bunch of 17 year old men, but sure.
>>
>>28564505
17 year olds are liable you fucking moron. Depends on state but I think the cutoff is liability at around 11 years old.
>>
>>28564474
it's actually a real thing, getting a child or handicapped person to do a crime for you

even a drunk or someone in great need

rationale is that the court will see them as a secondary victim, and you might be only liable for a lesser offence

>>28564511
the cutoff usually has an exemption either way for the minor being able to understand the implications of their action, the "mens rea"

so a younger child who is very clever could be liable, and in rarer cases a fool over the age might not be (though more often they have to be considered impaired, or are simply given a wrist slap)
>>
File: Untitled.png (33 KB, 213x162) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
33 KB, 213x162
>>28559660
>>
>>28563789
Nailed it
>>
>>28564464
>>28564474
>>28564482
>>28564511
>>28564525
United States 6-12 [5] Age determined by each state; the minimum age is 6 (North Carolina);[5][6] however, only 15 states have set minimum ages,[5] which range from 6 to 12 years. States without statutory minimum ages rely on common law, which means that 7[7] is the minimum age in most states; for federal crimes the age has been set at 11.
>>
>>28564552
yea it usually goes like that

but even so that's very young by international standards, but I suppose that's liability; the would still go to a juvenile court
>>
>>28564578
It wouldn't go anywhere. A 5 year old would not be charged by any DA that valued their job and it would be immediately thrown out of court, if it even made it past the grand jury. I don't care if your 5 year old is a baby ISIS sandnigger that cut someone's head off at gunpoint and burned their neighbor to death, they're still not getting charged, indicted or convicted.
>>
>>28564552
>gang of 11 year olds
>have them dress up like the foot clan
>rob banks- every bank in a small city at the same time on the same day
>federal crime ;^)
>the police raid your cult compound
>you're dressed in a cheap shredder halloween costume
>suddenly hundreds of 11 year olds with hipoints and ninja costumes fight off the feds- more federal crimes ;^)
>jk they launch smoke into your house and a fire mysteriously starts
>>
>>28564596
you want 10 year olds, 11 year olds are liable
>>
>>28564596
You know you got me thinking. how could you rob a bank and commit only federal crimes while doing so, without committing any state ones whatsoever?

Maybe your gang of 10 year olds could rob the Federal Reserve. Use NFA weapons obtained from an indeterminate other state, don't assault /threaten anybody, just straight up shoot them; steal an FBI car for an escape and drive the speed limit until you're on the highway.

The perfect crime.
>>
>niggers in here don't know about the reasonableness test

god damn it feels good having a parent who's a lawyer
>>
>At a bar getting full cut
>Last call comes up, and I get up to leave
>Way to drunk to drive, girlfriend lives 2 blocks away
>Half way there 5 cop cars pull up, one of em cuts me off by driving up on the curb
>Next thing I know i'm in cuffs on the curb
>We have reports of a "suspicious person" they keep trying to get me to do a breathalyzer
>Keep telling them I was to drunk to drive and left my car at the bar but they keep pushing me to blow in the breathalyzer
>My pockets turned out, nothing but my cell, keys, and wallet on me
>They are yelling at me to take the breathalyzer
>"JUST TAKE IT AND IT WILL ALL BE OVER"
>Finally blow into it and as soon as I do they pick me up and toss me in the back of a car
>Take me to the drunk tank. they give me a public intoxication ticket that after court fees is like 400 bucks
>Call my dad to come get me

Not to sound like a edge lord but I don't trust cops. Granted that is my only run in with them and i'm 30 now. But I don't even really speed so its whatever. I always get a little nervous when running a state background check, always thinking i'll fail for the incident
>>
>>28564893
>Public intoxication is illegal
This still amazes me.

Gotten drunk at a bar? Fine.
Decided not to drive home? Great!
Decided to walk? Illegal lel

But hey, I used to work as a bouncer - I've seen cops do far worse.
I heard a story once where a cop was pinning someone down on the ground, and while he was doing it he stole the guy's wallet.
>>
>>28564940
Just burns me up because I could of drove home and avoided the ticket. What do you think all the other people in the bar did?
>>
File: Furry_Self_portait_by_Dmitrys.jpg (84 KB, 473x650) Image search: [Google]
Furry_Self_portait_by_Dmitrys.jpg
84 KB, 473x650
>>28563989
>>28564057
>>28564091
Holy fuck, I vacation to maggie valley at least once a year. Knew about this guy, but not that he was murdered by da feds a few miles from the mountain I was staying on.

No one in town ever mentions him; I could see a neat tourist trap dedicated to this coot. plenty of bikers coming through to buy that weakass legal moonshine and go through a small museum that amounts to this documentary and the "MURDERED BY THE ATF" display.
>>
>>28564956
They were lucky.

That's the thing with a large number of laws (possibly even most of them).
They only really exist so that the cops can throw some charges at people they don't like.

Want to charge someone with something but don't have any evidence? Charge them with 10 other minor things to bring it up to the same punishment.
>>
>>28563830
>You don't even hear the camera man breathing loudly.

That's because the sound is being recorded from lapel mics. The cameraman wouldn't be wearing one so of course you'd never hear him breathing.
>>
>>28564971
But why did they not like? I'm white, clean cut, presentable for the most part. I could see the while I was walking to when they stopped me. I was in a relatively commercial area so it's not like home owners could of reported me.
>>
>>28564985
Maybe they were just having a bad day and wanted to rough somebody up.
Maybe they hadn't filled their quota for that week.
Maybe they had a rookie with them and wanted to create a training experience.

It's impossible to say.
>>
>>28564985
because they knew if you blew the county got $400 and they couldn't find a reason to pull over any of those other evil drunks at the bar. damn them for having more than 1 beer in an hour period and driving without issue!
>>
>>28564963
I think his lady maintains it was suicide, and Sutton was a quiet old man who just wanted to leave behind a record of what life for him and his family had really been like. He may not have wanted anything showy like a museum left behind.

I'm not saying the feds did or didn't kill him for sure one way or the other. But if he did kill himself; the trumped up charges of the ATF, which were inreality a response to the documentary, were just as good as them pulling the trigger. He was sick as hell and old too when they went after him.
>>
>>28561304
The director of COPS said they have tons of footage of blacks committing crimes and they don't show it because it would reflect badly on blacks. They deliberately count how many times they show a black being arrested for each episode.
>>
I've never seen COPS, should I watch a few episodes?
>>
File: 1347764071435.jpg (430 KB, 1080x763) Image search: [Google]
1347764071435.jpg
430 KB, 1080x763
>>28565005
I'm just thinking since the maggie valley restaurant he ate at erryday has been out of business for about 6-7 years it'd be a good location to sell commercial moonshine, have a small restaurant, and a free museum glorifying mountain life and the last of the real mountainmen with a showing theatre for this documentary.
>>
>>28564956
well at the end of the day you made the right call, on that day it might not have gone your way, but on another they all might have got DUI's or actually crashed their cars
>>
>>28565015
yes
>>
>>28564379
>>28564410
Unethical? Unconstitutional? What a joke. How do you guys think confessions, utterances, and incriminating statements are gained?

>"Do you understand these rights as I have read them to you?"
>"Yes."
>"DID YOU DO IT? DID YOU?"
>"I want my attorney now."

You get people to like you enough to tell their side of what happened, lock them into a statement you know and can PROVE is bullshit, then show them that they fucked up.

Courts have ruled cops can lie to you so long as you are not making false promises to coerce statements such as plea bargains. Otherwise, interviews are just a chess game of bullshit.

A lot of the time these techniques work, sometimes they don't. It depends on a lot of factors. My advice to /k/ and any of my friends or family is that if you are in trouble and advised Miranda, don't take it lightly and simply invoke your rights.

/k/ seems a bit touchy tonight.
>>
Here's a slightly related story from my uncle

>drinking in a bar with the New York City DA
>DA pulls out 1911 he stole from the evidence locker and starts waiving it around
> later he happens to shoot himself with

but remember NY fags, guns are bad okay??
>>
>>28565074
Dear god please link
>>
>>28565072
>I can do whatever I want
>Because it leads to people who may or may not be guilty getting locked up!

>if you are in trouble and advised Miranda, don't take it lightly and simply invoke your rights
Yup, too bad that so many of you fuckers seem to only think that it applies until you're in the interrogation room, and that you're willing to do completely unethical things like lie to people and flat-out torture them to get a confession.

The reason we're a bit touchy is because you claim to protect and serve us, yet you seem have absolutely no consideration for our rights.
>>
>>28565072
and thats why suckstart a shotgun m8
>violate the spirit of the 5th amendment
>get assmad when anyone savvy to your bullshit gives no statement and asks if he is free to leave, then that he wants legal representation when you decide to ruin his day via arrest as punishment for not licking that boot hard enough.

they should stop hiring 80IQ chuds who can't understand basic behavioral psychology. negative punishment doesn't change behavior, it just hides it. Being a pig cocksucker and attempting to rule through fear means you alienate yourself from the community. you wouldn't need your thin blue line if you weren't such thugs in daily interaction with the citizenry you say you protect.
>>
I once interviewed for a department. That was enough bullshit for me. Clearly I am not cut out for a job where you have to be a sack of shit.
>>
>>28563249
>got those kids. Serves them right for abusing their bodies and minds
>then after my shift I went and had a beer
>>
>>28565108
>>28565112
....the fuck are you guys talking about? Did you guys even read? Lol
>>
>>28564893
if you hadn't taken the breathalyzer they wouldn't have been able to do anything. that's why they kept pressuring you.
>>
>>28565164
You said it yourself.
Never talk to police, because they're willing to break any known ethical barriers in order to get what they want.
>>
>>28565166
In my head I knew that but they kept yelling at me to do it.
>>
>>28560028
+1000

Used to do assistant DA duty
(most) cops are fucking dumb
(Granted Some parts of law im general is fucking retarded)
>>
>>28565178
well yeah, they will be total assholes and slimy bastards to get you to do whatever they want. they said it'd all be over (and it was). they'd lie to you and say it's just procedure (it is because they want to toss you into the tank). they'll try to buddy up to you or appeal to you to "be a man" because they want you to drop your guard or be too proud to stick to your story so they can catch you.

I've come to the conclusion that cops, unless they've been introduced by someone I trust, are all assholes. yeah, there are good ones out there, but they probably just haven't been on the force long enough to turn into an asshole.
>>
File: 1399258400298.png (75 KB, 983x1013) Image search: [Google]
1399258400298.png
75 KB, 983x1013
>>28563294

if drugs were legalized then terrorist organizations would either lose all their income or just find something else illegal to make money from

for example if opiates were legal then then afgani warlords and Golden Triangle gooks would be pretty fucked because opium can grow basically anywhere with little cost

britain has started growing opium domestically for morphine production because it is cheaper than importing opium latex from india(which is still less than the cost to smuggle opiates illegally)
>>
>>28565167
That's not what I said at all. Not even a little bit. I said invoke your rights because it's just good advice lol. What the fuck happened to mature night /k/? All you guys are doing is...well you're not even twisting what i'm saying, you're making shit up. This board has been nothing but shitposting the last year it seems.
>>
>>28565251
>well you're not even twisting what i'm saying, you're making shit up
The irony, it hurts
>>
>>28562173
If the majority of cops are bad cops, how are they not a problem?
>>
>>28564330
>>28565072
>>28565164
>>28565251
Trying to trip people up by lying to them in questioning is fantastic at getting confessions. But it's not good at getting to the truth. It puts people in a position where even those who are innocent think that the odds are against them. So they take the plea bargain; they "confess" because you said that you can "help them"; they take a guaranteed smaller punishment rather than risk a larger punishment, because they think they have no chance of winning. Your method basically means that people who were guilty of nothing more than being unaware of their rights and that police can lie are put in jail and convicted of felonies, and the real perpetrators are left to commit more crimes, all the while you feel good about yourself because you put someone behind bars.

I guess that says something about the state of policing in America, where people think that the idea that law enforcement has found or fabricated evidence to convict them of a crime they didn't commit plausible enough that taking the deal is better than standing up for yourself in court.
>>
Tricking people is basically you being an asshole. Period. Doesn't matter whether you're getting some nignog to confess or socially engineering someone into letting you into their house so you can scope it out, you're an asshole. There's a reason a lot of people don't like cops.
>>
>>28563479
I believe he meant buying liquor after hours, not necessarily from a moonshiner. Laws currently in place that prevent an individual from buying alcohol after or before a certain time are bullshit.
>>
>>28563514
CP is child abuse, faggot. Children are not of sound mind to give consent, you retarded nigger.
>>
>>28562316

You kids and your jive talk slang.

In my day, "hilarity" did not mean "savage beatings."
>>
>>28562475
Police aren't really there to *prevent* crime.
>>
>>28563659
Please tell me more about your ascetic lifestyle.
>>
>>28563762
Weed, or children?
>>
>>28563989
As we've seen, all it takes is a little attention and some "think of the children"s to get even the most overtly draconian measures popular support from the the soccermom/appeal to emotion crowd. That shit could even go bipartisan.

I don't into loli, but jacking off to drawings is about as harmless as it gets.
>>
Wait guys, what's wrong with registering your gun? My guns are registered to me. I always thought it was kinda neat to have them registered to you??? Its a bad thing? Can someone red pill me please?
>>
>>28564330
"not going to be able to help you" haha.
Nice.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.