[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/meg/ - Military Enlistment General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 11
File: infantry.jpg (88 KB, 650x375) Image search: [Google]
infantry.jpg
88 KB, 650x375
>IRC Channel

#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.con
For Ranger info, obviously.

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

OP template
http://pastebin.com/qPhgHFmK

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253
>>
First for everyone should and could be a Ranger if they put down their fedora and put on some running shoes
>>
This nig right here just signed on for open electric
86 electronic
>>
File: nightmares.jpg (45 KB, 640x633) Image search: [Google]
nightmares.jpg
45 KB, 640x633
>>
>>28508324
Which branch is most comfy for cyber warfare?
Or should I go with drone sensor operator?

Background
>I have a lot of experience with cyber warfare
>>
How does a Frenchfag join the US Armed forces? Im a certified machinist by the French govt if that helps and I speak 2 languages more or less fluently, not counting English and French. I speak them both perfectly.
I just want to leave this shithole of a country and live in the US.
>>
>>28508462
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/a/noncitizenjoin.htm
>>
>>28508461
AF
>>
>>28508422
Minus Immigrants.
>>
>>28508707
Fuck immigrants
>>
>>28508461
>>28508502
Confirmed for knowing nothing about cyber. Navy and Army are both better choices.

>Hur but I seen a TV commercial that said areferce is high tech.
>>
>>28508785
You're hurting my feelings.

So I was browsing the internet for pictures of MOS 0352 and stumbled upon this article.
http://taskandpurpose.com/women-can-outperform-many-men-infantry-get/

Is dat true?
>>
>>28508873
some women are very competent soldiers.
some women are excellent athletes.
most importantly, a whole lot of men are lazy, incompetent fat fucks.

It should come as no surprise that a competent, fit, and motivated woman will be a more effective soldier or Marine than a lazy, fat fuck.

(Of course, it's the lazy fat fucks who complain the loudest about women being allowed into the combat arms MOS, because now there will be even more people that will make them look bad.)

>Tom, you lazy asshole, do you need some assistance from Sally?
>>
>>28508462
If you have a green card you can join but you can't get a TS clearance.
>>
>>28508873
Yes.

>>28508921 is correct
>>
>>28508873
That's a very long article and I can not be fucked to read it all.
Seems about women in infantry.
Women are not warriors.
In general:
They are not as strong as men
They are not as fast as men
They are not as ruthless and willing to kill as men
A 120 pound female with full gear can't climb a wall like a man
She can not carry a 200 pound wounded man
She can not carry as much gear for as much distance

If women want combat roles, they should be issued a gram of testosterone a week at the minimum
>>
>>28508960
>That's a very long article and I can not be fucked to read it all.

You should have. It's actually pretty good.

What I took away from it:
an out-of-shape, lazy Marine has no more right to be in a combat unit than a woman who has to have all sorts of standards lowered.
the highest-performing Marines don't care about who is in their squad as long as their shit is squared-away.
>>
>>28509005
This should be obvious.
There's lots of fat useless fags that barely scrape by the standards.
As a matter of fact I think all the standards should be raised.
RASP should be the norm for all infantry
>>
>>28509039
>RASP should be the norm

ok bud, and you're a champion athlete and have 3 doctorates, right?
>>
>>28509075
What does doctorates have to do with RASP?
And every able-bodied man can train and condition themselves to get in shape good enough to pass RASP.
If you can't, you aren't able-bodied or you aren't really trying
>>
>>28509096
Then why haven't you passed RASP yet?
>>
>>28509039
>RASP should be the norm for all infantry

That's a bit of overkill, but I agree that physical fitness should be prioritized more. Perhaps the rest of the infantry could take a page out of the Ranger Regiment's book and make anyone who wishes to be promoted have to pass as RASP-equivalent fitness test for basic infantry.
>>
>>28509106
I'm going to MEPS tomorrow for a phyis.
Then I have to do a couple interviews for a waiver, then late February I'm going to basic. Soon after I will absolutely pass RASP.
It's mindset, confidence, and physical fitness.
2 of my childhood friends are already in the 75th.
It's not impossible just because you're a quitter or too scared to try.
>>
>>28508960
>>28509039
>>28509075
>>28509123

People still associate combat with sprinting through the woods and getting into melees. That's just not how things are anymore. 99% of combat in the middle east is crouching behind a vehicle and shooting over the hood. The only fitness required is a very basic level of endurance, and the actual fitness necessary to engage in combat will only continue to decrease as we move further away from waves of human soldiers.
>>
Im thinking about joining the marines and i havent had any medical or law problems but the only thing I have is scoliosis. Its above the curvature limits but it doesnt cause me problems. I know I can 'attempt' to get a waiver for this but is it hard? How long will I have to wait? Is it worth it?
>>
Any benefits to enlisting as an e-4 besides the pay?
>>
>you join your branch of choice
>at MEPS one of the employees singles you out and takes you into a secluded room
>there's a rough looking man sitting at the cold Steel table waiting to interview you
>there's an enormous stack of paper on the table
>it's every post you've ever made on all boards of 4chan
Do they still accept you?
>>
>>28509280
No.
>>
>>28509284

I would run home
>>
i want to know everything about jatc/tacp/cct.

always planned on going 11b/option 40.

what job is more likely to end up with me doing cool shit?
>>
>>28509284
>Felony
>Felony
>Conspiracy to commit
>All kinds of drug charges

Good thing posts on 4chan don't mean shit. Of course they take me, just bantz m8
>>
>>28508873
Some women are better than fat and lazy men, and can even outperform some of the more average men.

They are a small minority.
>>
>>28509238
You can probably get a waiver for a desk job, but you won't be getting any sort of infantry job with scoliosis.

>>28509319
Your training will be a shitload cooler with JTAC/TACP/CCT but you won't do anything cool with any of them
>>
>>28509383
>They are a small minority.

It doesn't matter if they are a minority. The point is that a fit, competent, motivated [person] deserves a spot in the infantry more than a lazy, unmotivated, fatass [person]. Gender is a non-issue on this specific matter.

I wasn't in the infantry, I was an tanker (1812), but I think anyone from any combat arms MOS would rather have a motivated and competent person next to them than some asshole.

Actually, women's smaller size probably makes them ideal for tankers, except maybe as a loader. Those rounds are anywhere from ~35-50lbs apiece.
>>
>>28509319
they're on the ground calling in airstrikes and shit, sleeping in the mud with SF guys. probably the most "operator" job you can get in Air Force
>>
>>28509433
>>28509491
has anyone on /k/ gone tacp? would i be more likely to operate if i went 11b?
>>
>>28509632
11brooms don't operate mate.
Unless operating a power floor waxer.
Or operating a leaf blower
Maybe operating an electric swifter mop
Operating a John deer lawn mower
Operating a paint gun
Operating an electric weed eater
Operating a gas powered weed eater
Sometimes operating a wood chipper
You get my point
>>
>>28509632
You will be more likely to operate as TACP because TACP has a very small but nonzero chance of operating. 11b has a literal zero chance of operating, unless one of the things >>28509676 mentioned
>>
95 ASVAB wanting to be an 18D, what should my fitness levels be like before grabbing an 18x contract?
>>
>>28510082
APFT 320 and the ability to ruck 10 miles with an 80lb pack in two and a half hours.
After a full day of work.
>>
>>28510082
Why don't you Google the standards and work to exceed those standards?
>>
>>28510082
what should my fitness level be before grabbing option 40
>>
>>28510246
The fitter you are, the less fatigued you will be in training and the more easily you will be able to handle the mental tests of Ranger selection.

You know what it takes to get a perfect score on the APFT. Train until you can do that when tired, when drunk, when sick.
>>
File: 1449944373308.jpg (376 KB, 667x900) Image search: [Google]
1449944373308.jpg
376 KB, 667x900
Just met a Navy recruiter for the first time today. After the practice ASVAB, he recommended Nuke school, gave me an SF-86 to fill out by tomorrow, and wants me to swear in at MEPS on Friday so I can enter the DEP.
Thing is, this seems like a fairly aggressive timetable, and we didn't talk about any ratings or what I want to do.
Am I being rused? Or is this normal?
>>
Thinking about joining the marines,
My local recruiter has a Combat Engineer & Ground Ordnance position, and a Mass Comm/ Combat Camera position open.
After my 4 (or 5 for combat camera) if i wasn't going to stay in would these transfer out of the military easily to the civilian world?
They're the two jobs that interested me the most that they had open
>>
>>28508882
>Really? fuck me
>This continuing Marine presence is the origin of the slogan "Navy owned, Marine Corps trained" and the distinctive blue "Bulldog" company guidons.
have you been pro-rec'd yet?
>>28509238
if its not too bad they might not say anything, i supposedly had it according to a doctor a few years ago and when i got my meps physical, they never said anything
also recommend swimming
>>28510370
its good money but youll probably hate yourself
up to you if its worth it
>>
>>28510370
>Thing is, this seems like a fairly aggressive timetable, and we didn't talk about any ratings or what I want to do.

You don't get to take the Navy for a test drive. You're lucky that you even have DEP at all. It gives you time to prepare.
In the Foreign Legion, you hand them your passport on Day 1 and from that minute your military life begins.
>>
>>28510370
They're really pushing nuke school these days.
>>
>>28510370
He's getting you hyped and is trying to just force you along.
He doesn't care about what you want.
He's actually playing it very cool with how aggressive he is.
He's trying to make things happen so fast that you won't know what hit you until you're hanging from the noose you rigged up because you can't take the stress of nuke school
>>
>>28510370
He's trying to push you into nuke. If you want to be a nuke, you have the advantage of being fast-tracked. But if you don't want to be a nuke you will hate it. Also, you didn't talk about ratings in this case because you go to basic just as a "nuke," and you later are assigned which nuke rating you will have (MM, EM, or ET).

>>28510421
>good money
Nukes only get an incentive pay roughly similar to being on jump status, and if you're on a sub you get sub pay. Their pay is better than just base but not enough higher to warrant going just for the money. They are no longer getting $100k+ reup bonuses either, although they're still quite a bit higher than almost any other reup bonus right now.
>>
>>28510421
But for clarification, is this normal? I'll choose an area after the ASVAB and take it from there?
>>28510426
I was more asking about choosing a field or rating and when that happens. I'm not sure how this should work, so I'm asking the meggers for their wisdom.
>>
>>28510421
I haven't even talked to a recruiter yet. I do want to be an NFO though.
>>
>>28509284
Oh fuck no. My ass would be 5 states away with a new ID
>>
>>28510370
The Navy is always in dire need of people to man the nuclear reactors. Anyone who gets a good score on the ASVAB is invariably pushed in that direction.

Don't let him push you around with the hard sell.

Get specifics like what rating you get. (nuclear is a qualification, not a rating) You will want to know what job you get on the power plant. Get specifics on time tables, pay rates, etc. Ask every question that pops into your head and don't sign shit until you've asked them all.

As a nuke, you're actually in for six years, not four, so you want to make sure you go in with your eyes open and your expectations realistic.
>>
Asked in previous thread, didn't really get an answer.

My GPA isn't great, 3.2, should I hope that my PT makes up for it an I can get a decent area as an officer? I doubt I can get infantry or Armor with my GPA

Or finish my degree and enlist knowing I'll be doing the job I want and have a good shot at doing cool-guy shit since my PT is great and I have a mature head on my shoulders.
>>
>>28511128
3.2?
They won't even let you enlist as a cook with that shit
Frigg off retard
>>
>>28510370
>Recruiter was a nuke
>Tried to push me nuke
>He gave up after I kept waffling
>GM in the recruiting station laughed at me because I said I wanted to be a GM
>Told me I was too smart to work with dumb fucks like himself
>Told me to go AECF, had a 50/50 shot of becoming FC because then I'd be both working with weapons and at a level closer to my intelligence
>Get designated ET after all
>Work with FCs
>Exactly the same fucking cycle of do PMS -> troubleshoot via flow chart -> order parts ->replace parts ->it didn't work, back to flow chart ->give up and call for tech assist
>The only difference would have been that I would have been working on different electronic shit, with the knowledge that it was weaponry rather than comms gear
>I should have been a nuke because then I could have gotten something for reupping

I won't knock nuke irrevocably, but I wish I had done a bit more research and consideration rather than just blindly following the "LOL NUKES HATE THEIR LIVES" meme
>>
>>28511128
what degree? what branch? what rating?
>>
>>28511155
Are you retarded anon? 3.2 is pretty decent
>>
So if you fuck up at meps, on your medical screening, lies and all is it auto felony for falsifying enlistment papers or some shit
>>
>>28511155
;_____;

>>28511283
Biochemistry (failed my first two semesters, didn't care about college at all, I've gotten all A's since then)
Army 18D
>>
>>28509292
Really, nothing, just the pay? Lame. I dun wanna polish tree bark
>>
>>28511155
I know dudes who didn't even go to hs who were able to join the military, you don't need shit for grades to join.
>>
What is the MOS for marine officers looking to work with armor? What is a marine officers role in the armor field?
>>
>>28511317
>>28511359
Are these niggers for real?
>>
>>28511270
>GM in the recruiting station laughed at me because I said I wanted to be a GM
>Told me I was too smart to work with dumb fucks like himself
So what you're saying is, if you want to have a dumb-dumb job, then purposefully do shit on your ASVAB?
>>
>>28511403
That was the long and short of it, yeah.

Like, I was REALLY pushing wanting to be a GM, and despite him being a GM, he just didn't want to send what was probably one of his better candidates (95th percentile composite on the ASVAB) into the scum and villainy of [anything]'s Mate.

I then proceeded to grab a 72.something on my second test for E-5 and made rank, thus making it over the first major roadblock of an ET's career, despite therefore proving that I was just a good test taker.
>>
To all the fat fuc/k/s lurking the thread thinking "Oh boy how cool would it be to operate, oh well"

>Go here
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
>Download the app

>Watch this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SqHg-aaUQzI

>Get off your ass
>>
>>28511541
Already started C25k.
As a skinnyfatfuck who has spent his entire life playing videogames and sitting in a terrible position for 10 hours a day, this program is fucking awesome.

My feet are banged up, my legs feel like noodles, and my back is sore (lmao). But it's awesome knowing that with the first week, each workout got easier. really motivating.
I'll try the pushup routine now too.

Do you know what I should do for situps?
I've just been doing planks lately for core, I don't think I can actually do a sit up correctly yet.
>>
>>28511604
Training sit-up is dumb and bad for you.

Just lift heavy compound weights. Squats and deadlifts. Googling this issue has brought me to the conclusion that a lot of guys easily maxing the situps only did situps on the test itself
>>
>DQed from meps for a shy bladder
I took me like 5 minutes to piss because I get nervous when people look at me
>>
>>28511669
Yeah I've heard that sit ups are pretty bad for your neck and back.
Why does the military continue using it as a physical standard? Why not some other demonstration of core strength?
>>
>>28511604
Good for you! Planks are awesome, I like knee lifts or whatever they're called too .

Do you do flutter kicks? Because you need to do flutter kicks.
>>
>>28511682
That's funny as fuck, only thing better is if a guy couldn't piss because he had a rock hard erection from people watching.
>>
>>28511752
Oh good call. I'll add both of those to my routine.
>>28511682
Fuck, I just realized I too have a shy bladder.
I guess it's time to go into the most busy public restrooms I can find and practice. MAKE THEM PISS GAINS BRAH
>>
>>28511343
What do you mean by 18D? I thought you wanted to be an officer?
>>
>>28511844
I mean an officer has good pay, bennies etc but idk if my grades are good enough to do one of the areas im interested in. I dont want to get stuck doing vet services just cause I have a shit GPA

However I'm clever and have the PT to do cool guy shit.
>>
>>28511604
What day are you on?
>Finished week 5 day 3 an hour ago
>*Ding* Run for, twenty minutes
>MFW I hadn't looked ahead and was expecting a 5-8 minute run and some walk/run intervals
>MFW it started as I was coming up on a hill.
>>
What jobs do you recommend in logistics for the Navy?
>>
>>28511893
I just finished the third day of the first week.
Did you make it up the hill? I bet that was satisfying.
>>
>>28510784
You don't get to pick your nuke rating, just give a preference list, and you don't know which one you have until you're already on the hook, not until after you finish basic I believe.

>>28511377
Yes, they are. Go troll somewhere else
>>
>>28511682
It took you 5 minutes.
But you pissed?
And still got DQ?
>>
>>28511941
Good jerb man, it gets easier.

And yeah, hill was steep, but only about a 20 yard run, it's part of every lap I run around the park. Just caught me off guard is all.

>Sweet, gonna run up the hill and
>*20 minutes
>Wut?

My runs are going great, but my pushups are shit. Got to 14 diamond, 10 standard, 15 wide arm, all failure points (I kissed the floor at speed when my arms quit) but I had trouble doing a second set.
>>
>>28511343
oh hey im a biochem major too
theyll take that into account
wont hurt to try, go talk to a recruiter and wreck whatever aptitude tset the army uses for officers
>>
I have a question about enlisting in the Marines. I would like to be a Combat Engineer. (MOS 1371)

It looks, though, like you just sign up as a 13XX and then they put you in whatever 13XX area they want to, which could just as easily be 1316 Metal Worker or 1391 Bulk Fuel Specialist.

Is this the case? Is there any way to ensure that I get to be a 1371? I don't want to sound like Mr. Me-First, but I will be goddamned if I spend my enlistment as a jumped-up gas station attendant.
>>
>>28512125
Yes that's the case
The only branch that let's you absolutely pick your MOS is the Army no bullshit.
You want combat engineer?
Go Army.
You want somewhat of a chance of what you want, go marines.
Smallest branch with smallest budget vs biggest branch with biggest budget
I literally can't believe people still join the USMC
>>
>>28512125
Lol, the Combat Engineering MOS is the USMC's great practical joke.

I can't think of any other occupational field where literally everyone went in hoping to get the same job. Every other field? Some people go into infantry to be Machine Gunners, some go in to be snipers. Some people go into Artillery to be Cannoneers, others, Fire Support.

Going in as a 1300 is really playing with fire.
>>
So what does MEU do these days? Some went to Haiti, Iraq, etc, but anyone have any experience? Isn't terribly difficult to be attached to is it?
>>
Joining the military is the absolute most stupid fucking thing you could ever do. I will talk every single person I meet who's thinking of joining out of it

t. Active duty army fag
>>
>>28512530
>army

theres your problem
>>
>>28512544
Don't act like the USMC is any better.
>>
>>28512530
Even as an officer?
And besides, who are you to tell people whether their path in life is more or less stupid than yours?
>>
>>28512530

Got two degrees (debt free) and a six-figure job out of the Army by the age of 25. In retrospect, definitely glad I did it that way. Maybe you should stop being a scrub?
>>
File: 1450488781029.png (150 KB, 616x725) Image search: [Google]
1450488781029.png
150 KB, 616x725
Went to marine recruiter today
Took pre asvab and did retarded on math
wk and and pc was good but wk and mk was retarded.
Feels bad man.I have to actually study any advice lads?
>>
>>28512530
To make this statement you need to include MOS
You're probably a shit bag and all your peers hate you anyways.
You're private pyle minus the suicide
>>
>>28513190
Don't mean to be a dick, but those questions were for the most part common sense. Did you not take many math classes in high school?
>>
Sitting here watching the CFB championship. Why is the military, Navy, paying for prime time ad slots if they're downsizing?
>>
>>28513220
I was always lazy and never paid attention at math desu I passed with c average and don't remember how to into math anymore.I'm 20 yr rn.
>>
>>28513228

Military downsizing = recruit just as hard, but increase the standards so you can take in higher-quality people.

Slowing recruiting is dumb, you just filter your applicants better.
>>
>>28513228
Don't think of it as downsizing. There's a once-fashionable management term that's more apropos: rightsizing.

Now is the time to weed out the chaff and keep a small, highly-competent efficient core that will retain the knowledge and experience to pass it on for the next big ramp up in 10-15 years when America rediscovers its taste for war.

To do that, you have to recruit talented, intelligent, and motivated individuals and not just folks who are in it for a job.
>>
>>28513255
Oh okay that makes sense. Honestly if you just put a couple hours a day into studying for the ASVAB you can score above 90
>>
How much leave time do you get in the military? Tbqh familia getting food, housing, and exercise sounds dope if I have time to do my hobbies(motorcycle trackdays are all day long on the weekends plus overnight backpacking).
>>
>>28513449
Yeah I'm doing that right now and might even buy a book or 2.That was really embarrassing.Recruiter was a bro at least.
>>
>>28509005
There aren't that many lazy, out of shape Marines though....sure there is quite a few rotten apples but most combat role soldiers are fairly physically fit. In my opinion I think it's great that women are allowed into combat roles, but don't lower the standards. If I was a soldier I'd rather have the guy that can drag 200-300 pounds of soldier plus gear than a woman who struggles to drag more than 150 combined.
>>
J
>>
>>28509284
Can't wait until I graduate boot camp and live military life, I can get even more jokes like this.
Anyone do MEPS at Miami and meet GySgt. Ortiz?
>>
>>28513496
If you ever get deployed, you'll pretty much be on-call at all hours of the day for an extended period of time.

Otherwise, many positions in the military are pretty much 9-5, weekday jobs. In addition, you get 30 days of vacation time a year.
>>
So I was playing cod ghosts and there's the dog and it got me thinking that there's a army mos I think it's 31k dog handler does any1 no if I can get 31k option 18x still a few years b4 I can get in the Army but I'm losing weight is did the first week of couch25k
>>
>>28513496

Depends on unit. I usually get at least one four-day weekend a month (holiday weekend + free "training day" off), plus almost every regular weekend, plus 30 days paid leave a year.

In short: more paid time off than 90 % of the jobs out there.
>>
>>28513190
try forgotten algebra.
>>28513544
did he work in the marine section only or what? i had to go there a few months back but to another branch
>>
>>28511604
>Do you know what I should do for situps?
Weighted crunches. My suggestion, if you're planning on being serious about this, is a 25lb plate, a 10lb plate, and a 5lb plate.

1 set:
10 crunches with heavy plate (whichever is the heaviest you can manage for 10 reps)
10 crunches with next lighter plate
10 crunches with no plate
30-60 second plank

Do that 4 to 5 times. The goal is not to take breaks between sets. The plank is your rest.

You'll probably need 2 rest days after this if you do it right, and don't plan on doing anything core-heavy the next day. Even pullups can be unpleasant after a hard ab workout.

Somewhere about 2 weeks prior to your PT test you will want to stop doing this or any other low rep workout and switch to actually doing proper form situps.
>>
>>28513641
Yeah he's a marine.
Scared the shit out of me.
>>
>>28513650
i dont remember the names of the guys but i was there only for a phyiscal
>>
>>28511695
>Why does the military continue using it as a physical standard? Why not some other demonstration of core strength?

It's an easily measured standard.
>>
>>28511604
>>28511669
Squats and deadlifts are great for you, and you should do them, but they are a shit way to train core. They only engage the core as stabilizers, you won't see much progress that way. I prefer planks, leg raises, and russian twists, throw in some supermans/arm haulers and back extensions to keep muscular balance in the lower back as well.

>>28511695
Because the military is just like that. There has been talk of replacing them with a plank time requirement for years but it never goes anywhere.

>>28511752
seconding for all three of those
>>
>>28513735
what would the plank time replacement be?
>>
File: ummokay.gif (2 MB, 412x229) Image search: [Google]
ummokay.gif
2 MB, 412x229
>>28513523
>There aren't that many lazy, out of shape Marines though
>mfw

Seriously, though, this is actually a good thing. By doubling the number of potential candidates you can actually raise the standards and get rid of the laziest guys.

You think that lazy guy was going to run into a firefight and drag you out anyway? No. He'd be cowering.

Given equal fitness scores, a fit, well-motivated woman is a greater asset to a unit than a sloppy, lazy fuck.
>>
>>28513496
Where you been backpackingbro? I just got back from Big Bend National Park, it was awesome.
>>
>>28513523
>but don't lower the standards

So far it seems, the only concession being made will be calling a female Mortarman a Mortarwoman, which is just accurate.

The Pentagon has not said that anyone needs to lower standards, just that anyone who can pass those standards gets their shot.

That's fair. I have no problem with that.
>>
>>28513750
I don't know. The talk is just of replacing situps with a plank because it's more functional and makes more sense. I don't think there has been a specific plan announced, and I wouldn't count on them making the change any time soon.
>>
>>28513797
Wait, so I do situps for nothing? There's absolutely NO benefit to doing situps?
>>
>>28513797
if you had to give a time, what should it be?
>>
>>28513786
>The Pentagon has not said that anyone needs to lower standards, just that anyone who can pass those standards gets their shot.

And that's really what my contention boils down to, in all honesty. I don't give a fuck if you have tits and a vag, a dick, or some odd combination of both, but your ass better be able to fireman carry 250 pounds of injured Marine + gear if SHTF.

By simple sexual dimorphism, of course, we know that 95% of women will be unable to do this. That won't stop M-MUH RIGHTS whores trying to get standards cut back because they want the pat on the back of being infantrywomyn, but don't want to acknowledge the physical demand.
>>
>>28513805
>>28513823

The time would be sometime within a decade from now, if ever.

In other words, pretend situps will still be the standard by the time you go through.
>>
>>28513825
>By simple sexual dimorphism, of course, we know that 95% of women will be unable to do this.

And what % of men? 0?
>>
>>28513754
>>28513754
When you're stuck in a humvee for 10 hours how is a woman gonna piss in a bottle right next to ya?
When you bed down outside the line is she gonna be able to shit right next everyone else without privacy?
When she sleeps with your CO how can you trust him to be impartial?
How is she gonna deal with her period and the massive hormone swing that accompanies it?
>>
>>28513840
no but what would be a good plank time
>>
Recruiter told me to lie about antidepressant use and therapy on the SF86. It happened many years ago.
This is not a good idea, right? He told me waivers were pretty much a no-go for that, but I'm not sure I can trust him.
>>
>>28513840
But will sit-ups still give me a stronger core? Let's pretend we're on /fit/ for a sec
>>
>>28513875
No

People who do more Sit ups than other people are actually using their hearts to leverage themselves up
>>
>>28513896
Don't listen to this guy. They actually use their supple spines to launch themselves off the floor.
>>
>>28511604
I think I can offer you something that's a bit easier on your body and useful than weighted crunches. I'm thinking of trying for BUD/S at least once, just to see if I can, and I've been training for the past 5 months. At the beginning, I could barely muster 30-35 situps in two minutes. My sister introduced me to this pilates thing called the 1000 abs challenge, and I just went at it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k61Q1nQo7Zs

It's the full abdominal exercise package, no flexor or oblique spared. After I recovered the first time from it, I found my max situps to have increased by 7 reps. Best part is that it doesn't strain your body too hard, and you can still do pullups and or a run afterwards. I really would not recommend trying for pushups. After about three months of doing it every other day, I can do 60 situps with a 25lb plate in 2 minutes, and I maintain an actual L-sit for about ten seconds.
>>
>>28513875
Any exercise will get you stronger than not doing exercise. But situps are not the best way to strength your core.

>>28513856
Future 13Fox

>>28513784
Just some local areas around my hometown but I'd like to start doing some 2/3 day trips in less populated areas. Help improve on my land nav at the same time
>>
>>28513843

No, there's plenty of fat and/or athletic fucks who are part of the patriarchy who can't hack it. I'm not trying to imply some sense of ALL MEN ARE MUSCLE-BOUND LIFTBROS, you and I both know that's bullshit.

But physiologically speaking, a woman with high upper-body strength (and thus lifting capability, among other traits) goes against the genetic mold. Not saying they don't exist, but that just ain't the way women's bodies develop in most cases. Conversely, males develop muscle mass more easily, for the most part, and tend to have denser musculature up north.

I reiterate: Bring on the small-titted, non-pear-shaped wookie females who can cut it with male standards. But that's exactly the point, they aren't going to be your run-of-the-mill woman.
>>
>>28511358
comming in as an E-4 only gets you singled out for a long time because you didn't spend time in to earn it in the eyes of many other enlisted.
>>
>>28513941
This is the gayest video I have ever fucking seen.
>>
>>28508461
>Background
>>I have a lot of experience with cyber warfare
Then go Cyber.

But if you have experience then you could just go work as a civilian because honestly family, there is no advantage to doing something in the military that you already have enough experience and education to get hired as a civilian.

If you want to get "operator" training just use the fuck load extra money you're going to make as a civilian to go to some shooting schools. Because you're probably not going to do anything beyond ARM while you're in AIT (we were doing Advanced Rifle Marksmanship aka reflexive shooting as intel weenies in both BCT and AIT) and the classes you will go to will be centered around your MOS.
>>
>>28513966
>No, there's plenty of fat and/or athletic fucks who are part of the patriarchy who can't hack it.

Then what's the difference between needing to weed out the incapable men vs weeding out the incapable women?
>>
>>28514126
There is no difference. Unless they're not held to identical standards as males.

It's not like I
>>28513966
>Bring on the small-titted, non-pear-shaped wookie females who can cut it with male standards

Said this before

>>28513825
> I don't give a fuck if you have tits and a vag, a dick, or some odd combination of both, but your ass better be able to fireman carry 250 pounds of injured Marine + gear if SHTF.

Or anything.
>>
>>28509490
> Gender is a non-issue on this specific matter.

Not exactly.

The amount of training it would take to make that fatass perform as well as that fit woman is minimal compared to the amount of training hours truly fit women have to spend training and the amount of injuries they will incur from over training.

I couldn't give less of a shit about combat arms being open to both genders, but let's not pretend that there isn't a significant difference here along gender lines.
>>
>>28509123
>but I agree that physical fitness should be prioritized more.

The problem isn't so much that physical fitness isn't prioritized, it's that the military in general isn't good at actually training what's important because of institutional inertia.

Every time the Dept. of Army hires SMEs to tell them how to improve, they get their shit pushed in and told how stupid the APFT is and how generally the Army is bad at setting up good training programs.

And then
>SMA: Ha, fuck off dude, running 30+ miles a week on asphalt/concrete builds heart. Soldiers won't need their knees after their initial enlistment.
>>
>>28509157
Fuck off faggot. You're not even DEP yet.

I'm going to laugh when next year you come back with the thread:

>I dropped my OPT40 contract while I was at BAC, AMA.
>>
If I were to succeed in becoming an APC Crewman in the Aus Army, what are the chances of me ever being deployed?
>>
>>28514170
>but let's not pretend that there isn't a significant difference here along gender lines.

You haven't shown one yet. Do you have any evidence whatsoever that a woman will incur injuries at a greater rate to achieve X standard vs men achieving the same?

Seems to me you're trying to wrap some flimsy logic around an emotional argument.

Who was getting hurt downrange on my deployment from overtraining? Men.

Who was getting kidney stones because they were taking crazy supplements and not drinking water? Men.

Who was fucking up their lower backs trying to have the biggest C-penis on the crossfit pad? Men?
>>
>>28509280
>Any benefits to enlisting as an e-4 besides the pay?

Do you mean as opposed to trying to get a commission?

The main advantage is getting to select your MOS.

If you go the OCS route you're needs of the Army. You may have dreams about being an infantry officer, but you'll end up leading a platoon of cooks.
>>
>>28513981
>2012+IV
>Caring that somebody didn't "earn" automatic rank.

No.
>>
>>28514255
No
>>
>>28514315
>Other enlisted
I'm convinced every time someone uses the stupid/envious of rank enlisted they meant to type 'infantry'
>>
>>28514360
Thanks, Sir
>>
>>28514265

Okay, you're doing a lot of dancing around (I suppose it comes with your job and all), but just answer one thing:

Do you believe women should be held to identical physical fitness standards as men when integrated into combat arms? Yes or no?
>>
>>28514393

>Implying females have ever been held to the same standards as males in the military.

>Implying males are even held to the same physical fitness standards as eachother.
>>
>>28514393
He already said keep up the standard
>>
>>28514414
>This
Problem with females? They fuck officers.
>>
>>28514265
>You haven't shown one yet.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2895959/
>Females at the USNA are significantly more likely to develop PFPS than males.

http://www.cs.amedd.army.mil/FileDownloadpublic.aspx?docid=b42d1acd-0b32-4d26-8e22-4a518be998f7

>Army women are more likely to be disabled than men and are approximately 67% more likely than Army men to receive a physical disability discharge for a musculoskeletal disorder. The discharge rates for muscu-
loskeletal conditions have been as high as 140 per 10,000 Army women per year, compared with 81 per 10,000 Army men per year.

>Military women tend to suffer a higher incidence of injuries than military men. Several studies have identified female gender as a risk
factor for injury in Army basic training programs in the united states and around the world. For example, one study shows the cumulative injury incidence in basic Combat training (bCt) was 52% for women versus 26% for men. It was 30% for women versus 24% for men in
Advanced Individual training (AIt). Other studies showed a similar incidence for training injuries in bCt populations: approximately 50% for women and 25% for men.

>Why Do Females Injure Their Knees Four to Six Times More Than Men…And What Can You Do About It?

http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/medicalschool/departments/Orthopaedics/clinicalservices/sportsmed/Documents/WISH_SPORTSMED_Female%20Knee%20Injuries%20and%20ACL.pdf

>Who was getting hurt downrange on my deployment from overtraining? Men.
>Who was getting kidney stones because they were taking crazy supplements and not drinking water? Men.
>Who was fucking up their lower backs trying to have the biggest C-penis on the crossfit pad? Men?

And did I say anywhere that doing stupid shit with regards to physical training is solely the realm of women?
>>
>>28514265
Who didn't go on real patrols? Women
>>
>>28514456
I just want to clarify that these injury rates during their time in TRADOC is significantly higher while females are already held to a significantly lower standard.

Again, I don't give a fuck if a chick wants to be an infantryman. More power to them, it doesn't affect me, my post military career, or how important I think what I'm doing is to contributing to national security.
>>
>>28509319
Dude look up 13fs in ranger regiment. The ranger with the most deployments of any SOF member at the time of his death was a 13f and had 14 combat deployments
>>
>>28514419

Went back and read his replies ITT (unless he's a known /k/ommando and this has been expressed in other threads, I'm not familiar with him so I don't know), he hasn't specifically said anything with regards to what standards they should be held up to. The very closest we have is:

>>28514126
>weed out the incapable men vs weeding out the incapable women

But he fails to establish what HE means by 'incapable'. 'Incapable', I argue, should in this case mean "not meeting the current physical guidelines, which establish a valid baseline set of stamina and strength needed for combat action", but he hasn't explicitly nor even implicitly stated nor hinted that this is his view.

Instead, it's couched in the typical PR-driven, non-definitive drivel one can come to expect from any given O-#. Not saying that's not his prerogative, I suppose that there's probably something where he doesn't want any chance of being quoted in any capacity, but still, it's annoying when he seems to be going by DOD party line of "b-but women can be capable too!", but then fails to specify whether 'capable' should (in his OWN opinion, not the DOD's) necessarily be based on old standards, or should be 'adjusted' because it's "outdated" or some shit.

And that's not, btw, an invitation to hop on the last sentence and be like "YEAH SITUPS ARE SHIT LIKE I SAID EARLIER ITT", that still doesn't change the fact that women are expected to run (if not walk) half our speed and do a fraction of the number of pushups (thus, upper-body strength demonstration)
>>
So guys, is a good workout schedule

>Monday: Couch to 5k
>Tuesday: Core; planks, crunches, flutter kicks, swimmers, planks to failure
>Wendsday: Couch to 5k
>Thursday: pushups; diamond-narrow-wide, all to failure for 3 sets
>Friday: Couch to 5k
>Saturday: Combination day core/upper body, not to failure
>Sunday: Rest

Picture unrelated
>>
>>28514550
>I suppose that there's probably something where he doesn't want any chance of being quoted in any capacity

He's a MENA foreign area officer.

So if you have questions about Algeria/Libya/Egypt or Syria/Lebanon/KSA etc. then ask away because he is (should be) a SME.

But he can't even be bothered to fucking Google before he tries to shout someone down who isn't saying anything at all controversial. So take from that what you will.
>>
>>28514522
>14 deployments in faggot bat
So that's like 3 real deployments.
>>
>>28514242
Already screen shorted the convo. I'll be back to post it along with a time stamped pic of my scroll
>>
>>28514553
Do some leg stuff and pullups too.
>>
>>28514608
>taking pics of a slick sleeve like it means you've earned shit.
>>
>>28514608
>I'll be back to post it along with a time stamped pic of my scroll

Make sure you get the scroll tattooed before you leave, that will show that you're really committed.
>>
>>28514619
No pullup bar, does running not count as leg stuff? I suppose I can throw 100 squats in before bed on C25K days
>>
File: 1451537184188.png (86 KB, 351x371) Image search: [Google]
1451537184188.png
86 KB, 351x371
where my fitizens at?

>workin out
>ruckin
>pushupin
>throwing up after a 5kin

I got my pushups up to 70 but I'm plateauing a little bit, how do I squeeze that extra 8 in?
>>
>>28514645
If you do just running you will get to the point where your legs need to be stronger for you to run any faster. Definitely mix in squats and lunges.
>>
>>28514606
>implying going on raids and remain over days nightly for 3-4 months is less than some 11bs 11 month deployment standing guard and walking around
>>
>>28511270
Are you out of A school
>>
>>28514662
I'll toss 100 squats and 50 4-count lunges in at the end of running days. Run before work, squat after.

I really need a pullup bar, can't do a single one.
>>
>>28514393
There's no dancing. The answer is yes.

>>28514456
That's nice, but your entire post is aimed at all Army females rather than fit women. The current minimum standards let in some seriously not-fit people of both genders.

This is something that I think we'll fix during continued drawdown.
>>
>>28514432

Bruh, you've never had to be a female to fuck officers. Def had a few officers who like to fuck dudes. Nobody gives a shit because it's 2016.

This argument doesn't work because gays exist.
>>
>>28514481
1) You... don't know what you're talking about. It's SOP in several units and places to take women on every patrol.

2) The overuse/overtraining injuries we're talking about happen as a result of exercise, not patrols.
>>
>>28514669
I am talking about the 18 month deployments clearing building almost everyday. Also by raids you mean pulling guard for group right?
>>
>>28514689

I'm 4 years into my career, 2.5 years in the fleet, one shitty fucking Gulf tour in, and picked up ET2 on my second shot with a stupid-high test score (and meanwhile felt a guilty pleasure in overtaking the two people in my shop who do not test well and are on their like 6th try for E-5).

So is this a lead-up to a question re: A-School? Or something trying to discredit me as some A-School booter? Or...?
>>
>>28514550
Man, you have really built up a significant amount of butthurt. Would you like to talk to a chaplain about it?
>>
>>28514710
Are gays just another joe in the army? I'm Bi and I was a little concerned about it affecting promotion. Don't give a fuck about general joking around and harassment, but don't fuck with my paycheck.

Also, does the Army recognize gay marriages?
>>
>>28514723
>Don't know what I am talking about
Name the longest walk you made in country.
>>
>>28514757
No command would even think of not promoting someone for anything EO.
>>
>>28514724
>guard for group
You went from a 7/10 to a 1/10. Rangers have more hvt kills/capturez than any the sof unit.
>18 month deployments
Kek right.
>>
>>28514633
And what have you done faggot
>>
>>28514724
Holy shit the retarded Ness is unbelievable
>>
>>28514777
>Over budget infantry unit that thinks it's special
>thinking 18 month deployments wasn't a thing
Don't you have shit to be studying?
>>
>>28514696
20 bucks?
>>
>>28514776
Well that's a relief.

Fuck, they don't give special treatment to snowflake fag soldiers do they? I really hate that shit.
>>
>>28514762
It was pretty far to Pizza Hut, especially if I went the long way to pick my girl up along the way for date night.
>>
>>28514738
No, I was just curious as I see a lot of people in DEP and A school in these threads. And then I was gonna follow up with a question if you weren't.
I just got orders for Strategic Sat Comm in Fort Gordon Georgia. Do you know much about this NEC, like any info at all?
>>
>>28514823
They won't give them special treatment but they will avoid saying anything offensive like the plague.
>>
>>28514810
Yeah, getting one on payday after I pay off my layaway guns and get some poplar arrows.
>>
>>28514807
Still more hvt killed/captured. And with that budget comes more training and no details or working parties. You must be in the 82nd cause you voluntarily quit rasp
>>
>>28514842
Cool, sounds like I won't have any issues. Being afraid to talk shit is their problem, not like I'd report good natured fag jokes anyway.

Any word on gay marriage?
>>
>>28514836
... Nah, sorry breh.

Best equivalence I have is the ET1 in my shop who worked a NCTAMS his last station, it was basically office work with the same drill I put in my original post re: troubleshooting.

Strikes me that SSC (if that's the abbreviation, i dunno) would probably be the same thing. The coolest thing you would see would be the inside of computers. Whooo, exciting.
>>
>>28514863
>voluntarily quit rasp
Why would you do that? Get fucking kicked or go down for medical sure, but give up?
>>
>>28514877

Military started recognizing gay marriage after the repeal of DOMA. If you marry your partner, you can live off post and have tons of gay sex while drawing in mountains of sweet sweet BAH.
>>
>>28514899
Go plank for an hour and get back to us if you voluntarily quit or not.
>>
>>28514702
>That's nice, but your entire post is aimed at all Army females rather than fit women.

You can't be serious.

Are you not aware of how sample sizes and studies work?

Come on "sir", don't be a fucking dunderhead.
>>
>>28514914
You sure "Yeah, I quit because it was hard" is really the angle you wanna tackle this from?
>>
>>28514914
>Muscles quit holding you up
>Same as quitting
>>
>>28514877
The good natured jokes will come from your peers and first line. Generally speaking, I'd say somewhere about 25 and under seriously give no fucks about sexuality.

The people that will be disgruntled about it are the old fucks. I wouldn't worry about them.

It's pretty funny actually, when DADT ended we had all these super serious briefs and classes. The senior folks were butthurt about it and assumed that the junior enlisted would feel the same way. Instead the reaction was "What? Who cares?"
>>
>>28514940
I'd imagine people that actually work for a living only care that you're not a sham master fuckup.

>>28514910
PRAISE JESUS! That's fucking awesome. Been with him six years, would be some shit if the Army foced me to live in another state.
>>
>>28514914
I'll try it tomorrow and see how long I go.

I'd do it tonight, but apparently it's squats night
>>
>>28514914
>plank for an hour
To bad that's not a thing in rasp or any SOF selection.
>>
>>28514972
>living with a man
what a fag
>>
>>28514999

Just wait til' you hear about the buttsex.
>>
>>28515015
You have no fucking idea.

>How kinky can it get without an investigation?

>>28514992
Wonder how that would go over.
>>
Hey 48G, I recall you talking about officer branch selection in the Army a couple of days ago.
Just wanted to know if branching was as much of a crap shoot as I've heard.
Also, are you guaranteed active duty upon commission from OCS?
>>
>>28514930
>Are you not aware of how sample sizes and studies work?

You can only compare samples from two populations if those populations are homogenous. For example, trying to compare a pair of extrapolations from all Army women to fit Army women and the same from all Army men to only fit Army men requires that the two samples contain equal proportions of fit and unfit. Since you've already said that you don't think that women and men are equally fit by percentage of population (and I agreed with you), then it's breathtakingly obvious that it's a fallacious comparison.

If you would read your own sources rather than just blindly linking shit, you'll see that the disparity between the rate of TRADOC injury for males vs females is all in BCT, and then injury rates nearly match in AIT.

That spike in injury rates in BCT is due to overuse injuries caused when people go from 0 PT to moderate PT overnight. Enlistees who are already fit, playing sports, etc. do not experience the same injuries.

Since we both agree that the whole of the female enlistee population is less fit than the whole of the male enlistee population, it's obvious why overuse injuries are more common in the less-fit population, and why the disparity in injury rates decreases after acclimation.
>>
>>28514999
>I fucking KNEW everyone in barracks was gay!
>>
>>28508871
Why are they better choices?
>>
>>28515015
thats not gay though as long as the balls dont touch
>>
>>28514899
vacation until they send you back to your unit
>>
What's the most "adventurous" job in the military?
>>
>>28515044
>Just wanted to know if branching was as much of a crap shoot as I've heard.

For ROTC and USMA, it kind of makes sense and it's really down to where you rank. If you work hard and score well, you can get what you want.

For OCS, it's 10000% a crapshoot. Scoring well will give you a better chance at getting something if it's available, but it won't help if it's not available. For example, if your OCS class only gets slots for field artillery, transportation, and quartermaster, being #1 in the class will at least let you get your first pick of those three, but it won't buy you infantry, finance, or intel.

>>28515044
>Also, are you guaranteed active duty upon commission from OCS?

If you enlist as active duty, yes, you will stay active duty as an officer.

It is possible to go to OCS as Guard or Reserve but you would know that up front, it wouldn't be a surprise later.

From what I've heard, states don't send Guard to Benning for OCS anymore because they're all failing.
>>
>>28515076
cia ground forces
>>
>>28515076
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Army civil affairs.
>>
>>28515122
>states don't send Guard to Benning for OCS anymore because they're all failing.
Oh shit, seriously?
>>
>>28515076
92G
>>
>>28515045
You're forgetting that the rates are higher even while the standard is significantly lower.

>and I agreed with you

Lol no you didn't.

You pretty clearly had an emotional reaction to my post and expected me to go away by throwing out some anecdotes about your stupid as fuck O buddies who were taking twenty scoops of NO Explode before they did some fucking cleans for time.

I stated that a male doesn't have to train as hard as a female (anyone who has worked with male and female athletes will tell you this) to function at the same level, and that females are more prone to skeletal injuries (which I provided more than one source for).

And your response was "lol no". And now you're trying to backpedal.

I had a little respect for you in the last few MEG threads I've participated in because your MOS is pretty cool and I assume you had to be intelligent to get to where you are.
>>
>>28515122
Okay that's what I figured.
Is there a possibility of transferring to Infantry from another MOS, or are you basically stuck where you get put?
Also, I would like to do ROTC but I don't think my rap sheet would help me out much. Mediocre grades, no varsity sports, no clubs etc. Also, I've already completed my first semester of community college and now have to take a semester off to help my fathers health concerns. If I were to do ROTC with this record, what are my chances of actually getting a commission?
>>
>>28514972
>I'd imagine people that actually work for a living only care that you're not a sham master fuckup.

The military is a strange place where some people (hyper-conservatives), having enlisted from bumfuck Idaho where everyone else was the same color, went to the same church, and rooted for the same football team, sometimes get a sudden reality check that the world is a lot bigger than their hometown.

Those types tend to assume that everyone thinks and feels the same way that they do, and sometimes have a hard time adjusting.

Because I'm white and male, I get to hear a lot of how those types really feel because they assume that I'll agree with them.
>>
>>28515190
>You're forgetting that the rates are higher even while the standard is significantly lower.

It doesn't matter what the standard is. For overuse injuries, it only matters how large of a change in activity happens over how short of a time period.

For example, someone can get shin splints running 1 mile every day at a 15 minute pace if they hadn't been running previously.

>>28515190
>You pretty clearly had an emotional reaction to my post

Have you considered a career in cinema? You're awesome at projecting.
>>
>>28515251
>I'm a big burly white guy
>A touch racist against natives and black people that can't use a belt
>Look like a lumberjack
>Vocally pro gun

>Also the guy that asked about marriage a few posts above you.

I feel like they would come to me looking for a sympathetic ear and shit would go down hill from there.
>>
>>28515329
>Have you considered a career in cinema? You're awesome at projecting.

So you didn't immediately respond with a tirade about how your buddies were chugging crazy supplements and doing Crossfit, thus what I said was completely wrong?

Because that's what you did.

And then tried to backpedal when I posted sources.

You can just admit it, even though you have a trip this is anonymous and if we ever meet in a work capacity I won't be able to judge you for it.
>>
>>28515347
just keep your mouth shut. its not your job to change their minds and preach the virtues of sucking dicks to everyone around you.
>>
>>28515380
whether he's right or wrong, for the most part he's one of the very few valuable resources in /meg/. take your bickering somewhere else, its not relevant to enlistment at all, and any given day there's 3-4 threads about it in the catalog
>>
>>28515191
>Is there a possibility of transferring to Infantry from another MOS, or are you basically stuck where you get put?

You cannot transfer into a combat arms branch except SF... there's no way that you could be a good infantry CPT if you'd never been an infantry LT. There are lots of other fields available that you could transfer into, though. Some opportunities open at ~30 months, and others at ~6-8 years.

>>28515191
>Also, I've already completed my first semester of community college

If you're only one semester into college, I don't think that you're screwed from an ROTC point of view no matter what... if your grades were truly awful, you could start fresh at a school with an ROTC program and just never transfer any of your credits from the first school. Or retake all of your low grades. It's definitely fixable.

It's not hard to get into ROTC. What's (moderately) hard is to get what you want at the end. You'll need to be in the top half of graduates in order to get an active duty commission, and higher than that to get what you want, depending on what branch it is.

Talking mostly out of my ass, finance is the hardest branch to get, then intel, then infantry, and from there it's all over the place.

Infantry has been really hard recently because (just like in MEG) everyone thinks they're going to go be a hero and get the medal of honor. If we transition to a peacetime military, then combat arms will probably be easier to get because it'll be less appealing.
>>
>>28515426
My bad.
>>
>>28515387
I don't wave a fag flag or anything, but if you come at me all "god hates gays, the gunna bern in hell" I'm going to respond.
>>
>>28515499
be the bigger man and shrug it off. you think black or hispanic dudes dont hear fucked up shit all the time? i'm sure you've heard worse.
>>
Anyone had a secret clearance interview before? Got one tomorrow and I'm pretty nervous.
>>
>>28515457
What determines ones position in his class?
I'm confident I can get above a 3.5 and be in the top as far as physical fitness. What other things could I do to help my case?
Also, thanks for the fountain of knowledge, you are a national treasure
>>
>>28515538
I'm not going to deck someone over it, I just point out I'm not the good ol' boy they think they're talking to and I'm not hear for their bullshit.
>>
>>28515550
>Secret clearance
>Interview

... You mean TS? Because I have Secret and basically all that this entitled was references and shit, I never got interviewed.

>inb4 you got flagged because you knew a guy in high school who's now an ISIS sympathizer
>>
>>28515573
then the next question
>what are you some kind of faggot?
boom, you lose your shit, cant control yourself, you both get fucked. show some restraint. don't talk about politics, religion, or sex. these are just general rules for life if you're trying to hide your power level.
>>
>>28515611

She said it was to "go over my paperwork" but I already did that at MEPS. I'm kind of paranoid.
>>
Hey fellas, I have an interview with the Battalion Commander of my recruiting region this week for a moral waiver. All I was told was look sharp and clean shaved. Can anyone else give me any advice on what to expect. Any info would help, thanks guys.
>>
>>28515556
I'm not ROTC, but I know that GPA, fitness, leadership scores, and evaluation by your local cadre are the most important parts.

They seem to do some weird shit in order to come up with actual branchings: http://www.army.mil/article/103207/Major_changes_ahead_for_ROTC_order_of_merit__branching_processes/
>>
>>28515679
Whats a moral waiver?
>>
>>28515721
he fucked up and got arrested
>>
>>28515611
>>28515667
If you get interviewed for your secret it means something's wrong. They either found negative info, you left something out when you filled it out, you made a mistake filling out the SF86, or they want more references.
>>
Hey guys I know you probably get this question a lot but fuck it.

I'm 6'0 and weight 190 pounds, what would my ideal workout routine look like if I wanted to prepare myself for the marines?
>>
>>28515667
Yeah, I'm not tryna fuck with you or anything, but I don't remember going through any sort of involved bullshit for my clearance, I only remember sending off the paperwork and then having my ship's security manager saying 'yep, you're cleared' when I needed to get on the access lists for spaces my gear is in.

Now granted, I shipped 4 years ago as of 2 days ago, but nonetheless I don't recall extra steps.

>>28515743
Trust your friendly neighborhood FAO to bring the pain.
>>
>>28515743

I put down family members under the non-family section. Is tomorrow just to correct it or am I fucked?
>>
>>28515630
>boom, you lose your shit
Why would I loose my shit over that? Hell, I tell better gay jokes than my friends.

If billy bob comes to me with his PhilOzipherStone shit I'm gonna let him know it's the wrong tree, because he's making an ass of himself, not like it's hurting me.
>>
>>28515768
???
>>
>>28515721
Got a public intoxication on college >>28515741
It was a public intoxication and it's not bc of the arrest itself . It's bc the military takes alcohol related incidents extremly seriously, was told.
>>
>>28515776
just sounds like you're getting emotional about it, good luck. again, i think just nodding and smiling would be the best approach.
>>
>>28515768
Probably just to correct it
>>
>>28515457
You can be a field artillery or cav pl then be an inf co
>>
>>28515822
i spent 6 hours in jail for a misdemeanor and they want me to get a background check, driver's report, references, and a personal statement. just for a waiver. this isn't the SF86 form. for a misdemeanor. i guess no ts/sci clearance for me.
>>
>>28515834
To each their own, imagine if it was dark out and jamal came up to you going
>YoYoYo mah nigga! Fucking crackas yaknowatamsayon, should just fucking kill em and fuck they bitches!
You wouldn't step a little more into the light so he could see who he was talking to?
>>
>>28515874
life isn't the movies anon. jamal can say whatever he wants about me. I'm not going to get into a sociopolitical argument with some stranger, its not worth my time
>>
>>28515887
You completely misunderstand, why are you assuming I'm looking for a fight? You do realize you can not be a pussy without being violent right?

>Billy bob: Fuck queers! Should lynch em' right outta da armeh!
>Me: I'm queer you dumb ass

See how that doesn't involve your weird shit flipping prerequisite to responding?
>>
I think people are getting too caught up into ANONYMOUS internet board arguments.
>>
>>28514648
Where my non-citizens at?

>run
>going alright
>get shin splints
>die on the inside
How long do you usually rest for?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.