[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Israeli carry?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: israeli carry.jpg (74 KB, 612x960) Image search: [Google]
israeli carry.jpg
74 KB, 612x960
http://thinkinggunfighter.blogspot.com/2010/09/myths-of-israeli-method-of-carry-or-why.html

Sure, there are pros, there are cons, and there are opinions. But which way do *you* carry - C1 or C3?
>>
>>28481225
No C2? No C0?

I carry C1, but still. C2 and C0 are actually the two most popular these days.
>>
>>28481782
C0 is bullet chambered hammer back safety off right?
C1 is safety on

I don't actually know I'm guessing here
>>
>>28481782
There are guns for which C2 simply doesn't exist. Three examples off the top of my head: SIG Sauer 238/938, H&K VP9.
>>
>>28481799
http://concealednation.org/2015/08/firearm-condition-readiness-condition-0-condition-1-condition-2-condition-3-condition-4-what-do-they-all-mean/
>>
>>28481225
Is that a chamber flag on the rifle?
>>
>>28481933
Yes.
>>
>>28481813
Decocker models fall sort of into that range, no? I know the CZ decockers bring the hammer to half cock, so its still a DA trigger weight but at half the travel.
>>
>>28481813
C2 is for DA/SA pistols (Beretta, CZ75)
It's actually unsafe to carry a 1911 in C2
>>
>>28481799
C1 is hammer uncooked T safety off
>>
How would you guys go about carrying a Hi power?
Is it safe to carry with a round chamberd and the hammer cocked?
>>
Why would you bother carrying at all if your not even going to have the magazine in the weapon?
>>
>>28482009
cocked and locked.

condition 0 is typically for guns that use a safety trigger/ DAO long trigger pull, like a glock for example.
most people consider it somewhat unsafe to carry a single action trigger in condition 0, because of the light trigger.
>>
>>28482012
Because they assume that if your shot at, a magazine-in won't save you. If some near you is getting shot, than you enough time to load the magazine.
Since it's not the US and people are usually don't get shot at in the streets there, they consider this trade-off to far outweigh having conscripts going around with a loaded gun that who knows when it might misfire.
>>
I keep a pistol near my bed with the slide locked back and the magazine in. I'm just not comfy leading it loaded yet. But you gotta do what you're comfortable with.
>>
>>28482012
Israeli soldiers are dumbass conscripts
>>
>>28482035
>people don't get shot in places other than the US
comedy gold
>>
>>28484319
how can someone be dumb for doing something they were forced to do?
>>
>>28484703
If you can be forced, you are no longer free.
>>
>>28484742
oh stop that shit, youre forced to work and pay bills your entire life, HURR WHAT A SLAVE, just stop
>>
>>28482035
It's like you think the media's depiction of our gun violence is real life.
>Probably thinks most people are killed by high capacity assault AR-47's
>>
>>28481225
qt3.14 as fuck. Need to find me an oper8er gf
>>
>>28481225
What are the advantages of a sideways magazine besides reduced overall height?
>>
File: astreetsceneisrael.jpg (51 KB, 380x476) Image search: [Google]
astreetsceneisrael.jpg
51 KB, 380x476
>>28484324
It was a joke.
>>28484319
> conscripts are dumbasses
>>28484703
It is assumed by the army that a gun can misfire at any moment from any bump ("don't chamber a bullet unless you want it to shoot"). Adding the fact that the weapon is carried by a large number of conscripts- many of whom never held a gun before and know little about safe behavior with it- first thing IDF soldiers a thought is that their gun is unloaded at all times.
Their idea is that if you're getting shot at- the 1.5 seconds you save by having the gun loaded won't make a difference. When in duty and in places with high probability of having to use your gun, soldiers go around with inserted magazine, but when in civilian area it's considered an unnecessary risk that has little to no practical use.
>>28484769
> AR-47
Can't your media even get the AR-75 named properly?
And guns in Israel just seem natural, daily life sight. Just walking with a loaded gun is considered bad meaner- exactly like the ranger captain in "black hawk down" got upset by the delta guy having his safety off.
>>28484776
Pic is for you.
>>
>>28484876
gun safety is insanely enforced by heavy discipline in idf though
>>
>>28484873
It's not sideways, it's a "banana". It's just a plastic part that clips the rifle and the magazine together. It's just a way to carry in C3 without having the mag separated from the gun.
>>
>jewish women in america
>rude, ugly, annoying, and has an awful sounding accent

>jewish women in israel
>cute, friendly, and has an adorable sounding accent
>>
>>28484982
always wondered what jews are like in america, are they insanely annoying?
>>
File: 871.jpg (73 KB, 465x348) Image search: [Google]
871.jpg
73 KB, 465x348
>>28484914
Sure- and having your gun unloaded at all times is part of it.
The army could decide that soldiers that have their gun for more than six months are allowed to carry with the magazine in, but why would they? Creates imbalance, adds nothing and only increases the chance that someone will fuckup somehow (the army doesn't think in individuals, but in masses. No reason that a soldier will fuck up in anyway to cause his gun to misfire, but a group of soldiers in guaranteed to have at least one fuckup) and fire it by mistake (double trouble if it's in a civilian area, where the chances of misfiring are double to begin with).
>>
>>28485003
Very much so.

I know a lot of Americans have a problem with the jews, but I think you can narrow it down to their women. Even jewish men want nothing to do with them.
>>
>>28485006
>soldiers that have their gun for more than six months are allowed to carry with the magazine in
is this new? i finished my service before those orange... cap... chamber thingies appeared, back then you were allowed to have a magazine inside the gun only in hostile territories or only IF you live in "dangerous" areas by special permission
>>
>>28485030
I said "could" decide. Same rules still apply, only now you gotta have the chamber flag (Mc-porek, named after Mickey Hartman- which made them and then Jewed the army into buying them) at all times (even if the magazine is in).
>>
>>28481936
Many places in Israel make you put a flag in before you come in. Carrying is fine even with a loaded magazine but they ask you to put a flag in to supposedly prevent collateral damage from ADs or NDs.
>>
>>28485022
interesting, in israel there's a big tear in the communities, jews who are semi-religious (only maintain basic jewish traditions) hate fully-blown religious jews so much because the majority of them dont pay bills and dont go to idf like the rest and are just generally acting on a sub-human level
>>
>>28485082
Huh.... very interesting...
>>
>>28481225
C1/C0. Mine doesn't have a manual safety, just trigger and grip.
>>
File: 1381869509099.png (725 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1381869509099.png
725 KB, 1280x720
Not a single one of you carry in condition fabric?

terrible.
>>
>>28484876
It's AK-15 IDIOT

The a stands for automatic and the k stands for killer
>>
>>28485139
>implying most of this board has been around long enough to remember parkourdude
>>
I wasn't. Care to enlighten me?
>>
File: IMG_0482.jpg (225 KB, 950x709) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0482.jpg
225 KB, 950x709
>>28481225
C2 with a P250.
>>
>>28485287
tfw another p250 friend.
>>
I CC in Condition 3. Toks aren't really safe in Condition 1. Much as I hear some people going "BUT THE HALF-COCK IS A LEGITIMATE SAFETY IT'S FINE", I just don't want to risk it. I'll do it Condition 1 when I upgrade to a Zastava with factory slide safety.
>>
>>28485052
it would be cool if they made flags that had a rim built into the rear so the bolt would hold it so you could easily charge it to eject the flag and load a round if the need came about instead of having to hold the handle back and pull it out manually
>>
File: dondraperisamused.jpg (34 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
dondraperisamused.jpg
34 KB, 413x395
>>28485287
>Tobacco seriously damages health
Jesus, is that an official label? Sounds like something a Joe Schmo would say.

>Tobacco's wicked bad for you, guy.
>>
>>28485287
>not c0 with your 250
>not holding back the hammer at all times waiting for a black person
>>
File: IMG_0480.jpg (191 KB, 832x688) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0480.jpg
191 KB, 832x688
>>28485389
It's official. It's not nearly as bad as the big giant letters on the Japanese and Russian packs.

>>28485396
>not fanning your P250
>>
>>28484324
But really in most first world countries shootings are exceptional incredible events. I live in Italy, here probably 90% of thieves don't carry guns, they break into empty homes or with elderly people inside, if theres someone they just run away and wait for another occasion.

There's that 10%, yes, but it's such a rare occurrence that it makes national headlines. I can't remember the last time Police shot someone in the streets for example.

Accept that America doesn't have the same standards of public safety and well being as most of Europe.
>>
>>28481225
I carry one in the chamber, Glock.
If it were a 1911, I'd carry cocked and locked.
If it were just some random gun, I'd carry it chambered with safety on.

Until they make a gun that can be racked easily and reliably with one hand, like they invent some thumb lever or something, I'll hold that it's not good to carry with an empty chamber.
>>
>>28485003
I'm not partial to jews and have met some bro-tier men but the women are almost universally obnoxious.
I have the pleasure of dealing with one on a near-daily basis simply by associating of friend groups.
My /pol/ senses always new, it just took her a while to admit it after subtle antisemitism
>>
>>28485551
>Accept that America doesn't have the same standards of personal responsibility and freedom as most of Europe.

FTFY und pay denbts.
>>
>>28485139
I feel like I should feel bad for getting that. Probably because my parents raised me right.
>>
>>28481956
how so?
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.