[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WAFAGS HB 2354
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 2
File: image.gif (3 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 KB, 500x333
WABROS GET IN HERE
ROUND 2 "ASSAULT WEAPON" BAN
HB 2354 -Representative Moeller 49TH DISTRICT

WE ABOUT TO BE CALIKEKED
"ASSAULT WEAPONS" AND "LARGE CAPACITY" MAGS TO BE BANNED

>28 (29) "Large capacity magazine" means an ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than ten rounds of ammunition

ASSUALT WEAPON DEFINITION IS TO LONG FOR THE OP

http://app.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?year=2015&bill=2354

http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2015-16/Pdf/Bills/House%20Bills/2354.pdf
>>
"Assault weapon" means: 26 (a) A semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a 27 detachable magazine and has one or more of the following: 28 (i) A pistol grip or thumbhole stock; 29 (ii) Any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that 30 can be held by the nontrigger hand; 31 (iii) A folding or telescoping stock; 32 (iv) A shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or 33 completely encircles the barrel, allowing the bearer to hold the 34 firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned, but excluding 35 a slide that encloses the barrel; 36 (b) A semiautomatic pistol, or a semiautomatic, centerfire, or 37 rimfire rifle with a fixed magazine, that has the capacity to accept 38 more than ten rounds of ammunition; 39 (c) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a 40 detachable magazine and has one or more of the following: p. 5 HB 2354 1 (i) Any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that 2 can be held by the nontrigger hand; 3 (ii) A folding stock, telescoping stock, or thumbhole stock; 4 (iii) A shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or 5 completely encircles the barrel, allowing the bearer to hold the 6 firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned, but excluding 7 a slide that encloses the barrel; or 8 (iv) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at any location 9 outside of the pistol grip; 10 (d) A semiautomatic shotgun that has one or more of the 11 following: 12 (i) A pistol grip or thumbhole stock; 13 (ii) Any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that 14 can be held by the nontrigger hand; 15 (iii) A folding or telescoping stock; 16 (iv) A fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds; or 17 (v) An ability to accept a detachable magazine; 18 (e) A shotgun with a revolving cylinder
>>
>>28481210
or 19 (f) A conversion kit, part, or combination of parts, from which 20 an assault weapon can be assembled if those parts are in the 21 possession or under the control of the same person. 22 "Assault weapon" does not include antique firearms, any firearm 23 that has been made permanently inoperable, or any firearm that is 24 manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action. 25 (28) "Detachable magazine" means an ammunition feeding device 26 that can be loaded or unloaded while detached from a firearm and 27 readily inserted into a firearm. 28 (29) "Large capacity magazine" means an ammunition feeding device 29 with the capacity to accept more than ten rounds of ammunition, or 30 any conversion kit, part, or combination of parts, from which such a 31 device can be assembled if those parts are in the possession or under 32 the control of the same person, but shall not be construed to include 33 any of the following: 34 (a) An ammunition feeding device that has been permanently 35 altered so that it cannot accommodate more than ten rounds of 36 ammunition; 37 (b) A twenty-two caliber tube ammunition feeding device; or 38 (c) A tubular magazine that is contained in a lever-action 39 firearm.
>>
>>28481187
Great, it's a carbon copy of the federal one. Chances of this passing?
>>
>>28481242
Exactly 0.00% since it has to pass at the state level. Seattle's got sway but Olympia calls the shots at the state level.
>>
>>28481242
No idea. It was prefiled yesterday and it only has one sponsor. Click that top link and comment on the bill. You can "oppose" it
>>
>>28481260
I mean the 5th
>>
>>28481271
Thanks and done. Hopefully Rainier blows soon.
>>
>>28481187

lol sucks. you guys had all the calishits move up there and now you and oregon are turning into califagias
>>
>californias move to WA
>turn it into a liberal shithole

lel i feel sorry for you guys

enjoy that $15 minimum wage
>>
File: oregon-guber-election-2014.jpg (33 KB, 946x324) Image search: [Google]
oregon-guber-election-2014.jpg
33 KB, 946x324
>>28481313
Most of each state is still solidly red. The dems barely win elections. There's enough opposition that this hopefully won't pass.
>>
>>28481336

idk why califags would move there. the weather is horse shit compared to CA and places like seattle are comparably as expensive
>>
>>28481187
So I had plans upon 21 in ~18 months getting a p226 and probably a carry gun. Should I buy mags now for a gun I don't have or will the 226 be banned outright? (And thus try to convince my parents to do the transfer now.)
>>
>>28481362
>Most of the state is red
>Dems win
pick only one. you know those numbers on your pic? they matter, they tell you how many voters there are. the fact that most of your state is uninhabitated besides a couple loggers is irrelevant.
>>
>>28481362
If 594 can pass what's stopping this?

>>28481367
They can gift it to you now. You just wouldn't be able to cc it
>>
>>28481362

OR and WA will turn soon enough. CA used to be a red state once.
>>
>>28481380
Yeah I mean supposing this passes, would the 226 or normal (15 rounds I think?) 226 mags be banned under this? If so, I'll try to convince my parents to do the transfer, but dropping 1k on my hobby isn't really their style.
>>
>>28481396
Yes they would be banned
>>
>>28481405
Well shit. Pistol too or just the mags?
>>
>>28481421
Mags past 10 would be banned so they would need to be pinned. The gun itself is fine
>>
>>28481380
Because 594 was an initiative passed after a school shooting. This is in the legislature.
>>
>>28481385
Washington I dunno.

Oregon...? I dunno, but I'm more sanguine. Portland simply doesn't have the nice weather and economy and room to grow to lord it over the rest of the state like the Sf Bay Area and LA do in Califailia. The red staters can still resist, and their resistance is sustainable.
>>
>>28481427
Alright. Thanks.
>>
>>28481428
This is a state wide vote right?
>>
>>28481260
>Exactly 0.00%
Just like your universal backgrounds checks didn't stand a chance at passing either, right?

Face it, gun grabbers have figured out they can't get gun control passed on the federal level. Instead, they're going after states. They have an enormous budget and are systematically going after your rights.

>first UBC
>then registries
>then AWB
>then confiscation

They've already started doing this in other states like Nevada. They're literally busing in outsiders to pass out propaganda in an effort to sway the vote. The horrifying thing is that it's been working in recent times.
>>
>>28481447
Why are stupid people always the angriest? Are you suffering?
>>
Will this be in the November election?
>>
>>28481496
It doesn't say
>>
>>28481428
Give it a few years and it will be an initiative.
>>
>>28481496
>>28481513
No you stupid fucks its a house bill.
>>
>>28481529
So the state reps decide if this gets passed or do we vote on it
>>
I can't wait for that mega-tsunami that is supposed to take out Seattle.
>>
>>28481559
This. although the cuck that made the bill is from district 49, which is along the Oregon border
>>
>>28481559
Seattle also looks forward to no longer having to subsidize your finacially impoverished county whose only exports are alcoholism and broken families.
>>
I think they see their window closing after 594 passed (only because of the timely school shooting just before the election) and they are trying to pile on as many guns laws as possible before everyone realizes that these do jack fuck diddly squat when scum steal guns, have straw purchasers, or just don't follow the laws anyways. A thug who shot up cap hill in Seattle got arrested before his spree for a felon in possession of a firearm but they didn't charge him and let him go.

w w w seattlepi.com/local/crime/article/Police-Felon-tied-to-Capitol-Hill-mass-shooting-6741019.php

"Though not convicted in the assault, Rasul-Chiono admitted to unlawfully possessing a gun. He lost his gun rights as a child following a theft, and had been again ordered not to possess firearms following a 2010 incident in which he was convicted of assault after stomping on a man’s head during a fight."

Seems like the current laws would work just fucking fine if they fucking followed them.
>>
>>28481584
My county does very well. go eat a bullet liberalfag
>>
>>28481599
One can hope m8. It'll be interesting to see how far this goes. The bill is literally California tier shit
>>
>>28481614
Cleaning up a radioactive superund site in the desert isn't a real job you weather-beaten hillbilly.
>>
>>28481625
I'm from snohomish county. Not sure why you are buttblasted right now. I'm sure my job is more important than yours.
>>
>>28481625
Really? It pays well, not to mention the DoE labs, Energy Northwest, other businesses and engineering firms...
Weatherbeaten, yeah but hillbilly no
>>
>>28481625
Neither is making coffee, yet here you are. Faggot.
>>
>>28481242
>Great, it's a carbon copy of the federal one.
Nope, the current one proposed at the federal level words it slightly differently.

WA proposed AWB:
>A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following

federal level proposed AWB:
>A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any 1 of the following

Note the different wording after the word "and", the current AWB proposed at the federal level classifies guns as assault weapons if the have the capacity to accept an evil feature, not just if they have an evil feature.
>>
>>28481643
I just checked on google earth and you're right, there are a bunch of cool government labs out there and you guys do a great job on their lawns.
>>
>>28481806
I'm a certified wastewater treatment plant operator, what do you do? Are you a barista?
>>
>>28481806
>you guys do a great job on their lawns
The mexicans come by when it isn't harvesting season and we have this massive river that CA is jelly of
>>
>>28481362
If all the goobers who voted third party had gone red, the republicans would have won.
>>
>>28481826
CA? CA? CA?
gibe h2o pl0x
i report u
>>
>>28481824
He probably is
>>28481837
Yup, hopefully next time
>>
>>28481824
Wait, so you just reclaim water from people's coffee shits? You're the anti-barista.
>>
>>28481865
Well "reclaimed" water in my field means the wastewater it processed and then used as drinking/tap/domestic(shower/washer ext), we do not do that. We process the water and send it to the sound.
>>
>>28481876
Vancouver still pumps their raw sewage into the Sound, why do we need to clean ours first?
>>
>>28481891
Who is ours? If everyone dumped raw sewage into the sound it would turn to shit real quick
>>
>>28481876

>Pro-funs
>WA
>Wastewater treatment plant operator

Uncle Rodger?
>>
>>28481906
Nope sorry
>>
If china or russia were to invade, the west coast is the stepping stone after alaska and hawaii.
I want to see how this will play out.
>>
>>28481900
Prior to 1966 all raw sewage from Seattle and the surrounding areas was dumped into Pugent Sound. Why does it still work for Vancouver BC but not us?
>>
Well FUCK.

Normally I wouldn't be worried but after that last bill passed I would more or less expect this one to.

Has the previous bill ever been enforced anyways? There were tons of people openly violating it when it passed.
>>
Just started to do the leg work to get a transfer to wasginton state, fuck
>>
>>28481919
Tbh I don't know shit about how canada laws/process works. But there are a shit ton of laws regarding what we can dump in the sound. The water has to be a certain quality or else people get arrested/fired/sued/fined

Canada prob has lax rules regarding discharging waste
>>
>>28481924
Nope, they announced that not one person has been arrested or charged regarding 594. It's not enforceable, also there is a loophole for ar15 lowers.

An ar15 stripped lower is not considered a firearm under wa state laws, so I could sell one to bubba in a parking lot if I wanted but people are to scared to try anything even though no one will ever be arrested on it
>>
>>28481935
Nope, Victoria dumps their shit right into the ocean.
>>
>>28481935
Sounds better than the period reports of beaches around Seattle being blackened with human waste washing ashore. We're just drowning in dog waste now, send help.
>>
As a Californian that's wanted to escape north watching our shit get exported to Washington and Oregon really pisses me the fuck off. I've seen enough of pretentious urbanites shitting on the rest of the people for one lifetime.
I'm running out if teeth to grind.
>>
>>28481952
That is really shitty (no pun intended) but raw sewage is 99% water and 1% solids. So it's not as bad as one would imagine. Still shitty though and fucked up

>>28481953
The Seattle plants are very nice actually
>>
>>28481948
You're telling me that an AR lower that has been milled out with no parts is not a firearm under state law?
>>
>>28481984
Yes this is what I'm telling you. Read the definition of "firearm" in the state laws.
>>
When does this go to vote?
>>
these califags need to stay in their containment state
>>
>>28482008
The Dot commers/twine programmers/ Silicon Valley are all moving to the Seattle Redmond area because they fucked up their area so badly they can't even afford to live or work in their utopia. So they all came up here to leech off all the infrastructure that Boeing and Microsoft have here and then repeat the process. They're like hipster locusts.
>>
>>28482046
I'll just make my own gun if I can't buy it if they fuck it up that badly
>>
>>28482051
if they fuck it up so badly that I can't buy it*

my autism is showing tonight
>>
Feels good being in based Wyoming, some of you fags should just move here already.

Easily in the top 5 most /k/ friendly states.
>>
>>28481187
Fuck this shit.

Good thing it has no chance in hell.

Fuck all Californians, go back to the hell you made assholes.

Better yet kill yourselves, nobody should live in that hellhole, seasonal wildfires are a natural and important part of the ecosystem that you have no right to bitch about after building your towns right next to fucking scrub forest.

DIE
ALL
CALIFORNIANS.
>>
>>28482071
>no chance in hell

Heheheh
>>
>>28482046
The only thing in Redmond is Michaelsoft and they're called emlpoyees. Your Burgermaster is even shit
>>
>>28482071
some of us are trying to ESCAPE the liberals in california, when i move up north I will certainly be voting to keep my rights.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.