[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone make a /meg/ thread I don't have the template.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: 1451456959505.gif (283 KB, 346x367) Image search: [Google]
1451456959505.gif
283 KB, 346x367
Someone make a /meg/ thread I don't have the template.
>>
This'll do I guess. Here's my question: if I went 11x option 4 could I get being placed into the 173rd in my contract? Is 173rd 'better' than 82nd?
>>
fuck it, makeshift /meg/ it is.

went to AF recruiter this morning, took practice ASVAB, scored really well he said. the problem is that both jobs i was interested in aren't available or in very limited quantity (like .9% or .45% chance of getting them).
he really pushed crypto linguist, EOD, security forces or special aircraft maintenance.
so i called my army recruiter (sgt. shieet for those who frequent these threads) and she said the job i want is available, but its based on my ASVAB score. i told her i'm taking ASVAB monday, and if i get the score i need, I'll sign the papers with her that day. if i don't, guess i'm learning arabic.
anyone familiar with DLAB?
i also have the current AF job availability chart, SF86 packet, and PAST form if anyone would like a copy
>>
>>28463717
Here's the thing mate.
You want to be 11x. I can figure you want to operate.
But, you want to be 11x during peacetime military.
That means a lot of mopping and sweeping grass.
Why don't you hit the fucking gym and go for option 40.
It's a bitch. I have 2 friends that recently passed RASP and got their scrolls.
It's hard as fuck and loads of people wash out.
They literally look for reasons to drop people.
They don't want you there.
But if you make it, you'll be much happier.
>>
>>28464046
Yeah I get what you're saying and I definitely have looked into option 40 contracts but I'm not sure, if I do drop out then I'm most likely stuck in the 82nd... It'd be much better to hang in Italy for four years guaranteed than to be sucking with the 82d.
>>
>>28464228
Well if you have this attitude then you'll definitely not make it through RASP.
Yeah if you tried out and failed more than likely you'd get stuck in the 82nd. That's where most ranger rejects and dropouts go.
Play it safe and just get your option 4 then.
But if you want to be able to choose where you go then you better be a PT stud and squared away.
>>
>>28464046
Do you know their apft scores before leaving for basic?
>>
>>28464266
One of them Said he absolutely smashed the final PFT.
The max is 300. That's 100% on everything.
The max pushups is 75. So everyone you get after that is a theoretical bonus point.
Same with every extra rep on situps after the max and even seconds earlier than the max on the run.
All of his bonus points put him in the 340ish.
The other friend got a 298 at the end of basic
>>
>>28464264
So you're telling me I can't get 173rd in my contract then? And do you know your two friends apft scores prior to leaving for basic? I'm currently at 12:50 2 mile run, 50 push-ups, 80 sit-ups, 10 pull-ups.
>>
>>28464266
>>28464315
Sorry. You asked before leaving for basic.
These are their scores at the end of basic.
Idk their scores before they left for basic.
>>
>>28464315
>>28464318
My bad about asking the same question twice, I didn't think the other one went through.
>>
>>28464318
Honestly your scores are pretty good minus your pushups.
If you had the heart and mindset you stand a realistic chance at RASP.

here's why : those scores you have now, minus pushups, will mean a very easy time in baic.

You'll improve at basic, you'll improve at OSUT, you'll improve at Pre-RASP.
That's a lot of improvement for some scores that are already more than decent.
Honestly don't know about getting 173rd in contract but I highly doubt it.
Best you can do is option 4 and be a physical stud
>>
>>28464359
Got it, thanks for the encouragement and advice. I'll talk things through with my recruiter and keep doing some research.
>>
>intel guys cant find budget /meg/

op you should have put zerg or doge as pic
>>
>>28464628
im sure the intel guys are smart enough to hit ctrl-f and search meg in the catalog
>>
>>28464650
>that's the joke
>>
File: Bottom_lel.jpg (54 KB, 250x274) Image search: [Google]
Bottom_lel.jpg
54 KB, 250x274
>>28464667
>>
>>28464719
you're right
>>
So you've decided to enlist. You're not just going to be some REMF or POG schmuck. You're going to operate. Trying to decide which Special Operations unit you're going to join is actually a lot trickier than it sounds.

Let's go down the list from least to most respectable:

Air Force Combat Controllers and Pararescuers are eliminated right off the bat because they're fucking Chair Force. If you're in the USAF and you're not flying a fighter, you've fucked up.

Coast Guard ASTs? Are you kidding me? Coast Guard? Get the fuck out. You can be a lifeguard at the Y.

Marine Raiders are pretty cool but they're also pretty new so no one knows them and no one will care when you tell them you are one. Also, Marines are generally dumb as shit.

The Army Rangers should be near the top of anyone's list. The last famous Ranger, though, was Pat Tillman and he was shot by his own guys. Half the Army has a Ranger tab on their shoulder so no one will care if you're a real Ranger. Plus, it's impossible to tell people you were in the Army without people thinking you weren't tough enough for the Marines.

The Army Special Forces are extremely cool and everyone respects them, but as a Green Beret, you will be doing a lot of helping dirty-ass locals with their problems. Fucking waste of time. Do you want to be in the Peace Corps or do you want to operate?

The Navy SEALs are a great choice. Everyone respects the hell out of them, but "American Sniper" made them all look like a bunch of goofballs except for Chris Kyle, who was a liar. Worse, the Navy's dress uniform is as faggy as the rest of the Navy.

But there is another option:
The GCP is France's version of the Rangers. To join them you have to join the Foreign Legion first and serve there for a couple of years. But then, you're fighting for France. So fuck that.

As you can see, there's no perfect choice, but such is life among the elite warriors of America: you have to sometimes make do with what you're given.

Best of luck!
>>
>>28464359
at basic? really? i always hear the navy seal candidates lose a bit of their fitness at OCS because theyre not challenged enough there. like shouldnt you already come in as a pt stud and wreck basic?
>>
>>28464824
If you don't sham your shit and push yourself, yes absolutely.
You have Basic, OSUT, airborne school, and Pre-RASP to improve.
>>
>>28464894
I've always heard the opposite: go in easily able to knock out a 300 because you will lose quite a bit over the course of training.
>>
>>28464894
>>28465156

You will not improve at PT during basic, OSUT, or airborne unless your scores were total shit to start with. If you are in any kind of decent shape, your PT will decline.
>>
>>28465191
I'm just going off what my friend who ended up with a 298 told me.
Literally just spoke with him last night about his experience with his option 40 contract
>>
>>28465191
should i hold out for the job i want or settle for something else?
btw i'm >>28463872
>>
>>28465191
also, how was DLAB? is it just a really good understanding of the english language? if you don't get arabic or chinese level scores, would they even want/need you in this day and age?
>>
>>28465276
If you're going in to take the ASVAB, you might as well knock out the DLAB at the same time so that you know your options as a linguist.

What you're talking about is how the AF fills its less-wanted jobs, they get you in because you're hoping for a certain job and then they talk you out of it. You'll have to decide if being in the AF is worth it enough for you to justify not having the job that you want.

Quality of life in the AF is obviously better, but Army does have the advantages of better pay and, as you found out, better chance of doing exactly what you want. It's a trade off.
>>
>>28465301
The DLAB is cool. First section is listening to a guy with a thick middle eastern accent. He says a bunch of gibberish and you have to multiple-choice pick out what he said.

Second section is all pig latin. They throw language rules at you and see how long you can hang.

Last section is pictures.

There's a study guide on Amazon/Kindle.

Yes, they need people to speak all sorts of languages, not just ching chong and derka derka. Just realize that the Army only goes to shitty places, and learning French is going to put you in southern Africa or Haiti, not France.
>>
>>28465312
you're right, the trade off is right down the middle; army pay plus job i want, air force education plus quality of life. however, as my army recruiter pointed out, army has linguists too.
I'm assuming your trip is/was your job, so I'll assume further that you took DLAB. did you get a language choice or was it based on the needs of the army?
>>
>>28465346
were you listening to transmissions or doing actual interpreting in the field?
>>
>>28465360
Short story: needs of the Army.

Long story: for my field, you put together a wish list and apply. If they select you, you get offered the job, your language, and your region at the same time. If you turn it down, you can never apply again.

Arabic wasn't my first choice (or my second), but the field is more important to me than getting exactly my region choice.
>>
So I've got a really good shot at getting a nuke contract with the Navy.
But for some reason I feel really drawn to combat.
I'm worried that my time in the Navy will be spent regretting not joining the Marines instead.
What would you guys do in this position?
>>
>>28465421
Very few people are in combat... Best bet is rangers or green beret if that's what you really want.
>>
>>28463152
Alright, before you guys take a big shit on me, hear me out.

My brother is arty in the army. From what I can gather so far (he hasn't gone to his unit yet but was on hold before his arty ait for like 3 months) life in combat arms consists of waking up to do PT, do some kind of sweeping or cleaning, then staying in barracks playing video games until sleep.

He hates this.

I love the sound of this. Are you kidding me?!! Getting paid with benefits and housing to do some exercise, do some bitch work and play video games with your buddies all day? That sounds amazing! Doing nothing and hanging out with friends is my purview.

My question is, can I expect this kind of lifestyle if I join infantry? Yes, yes, yes, I will hate policing a parking lot and hate my life and become an alcoholic and hang myself etc.

But it actually sounds like a lot of fun. And my brother made going out in the field and doing maneuvers fun. But I'm not fooling myself. I realize I will hate some things about it, just like anything, but I don't see the negative here.

You come out with a unique experience that not many can say they have, and if I really end up hating it, I can re class into another MOS or just pick up that free college.

I'm really not seeing any downside here.

Anyway, blogpost/10
>>
>>28465380
My job is completely different from a traditional linguist. You'd need to talk to a real 35P if you want to know what they do, but from my knowledge it's mostly not in-person intrepreting.
>>
>>28465421
>But for some reason I feel really drawn to combat.

No, you THINK you feel drawn to combat. Never having been in combat, you don't know if you're drawn to it or not.

What you're drawn to is a civilian's perspective of military glory. You want to be able to tell funny stories to people about that time Pvt. So-and-so shit his pants after your Bradley rolled over an IED or something. Then get serious and tell a story about how Pvt. What's-his-name had a panic attack and was killed. Still keeps you up at night, man.
Then everyone who was not in the military will be super-jealous of your great experiences.

Contrast that to a civilian's expectation of life in the Navy.
>I have a boring job. Also, it's on a boat. Also, I don't get paid much.

In reality, your combat arms job in the Marines will be four years of sweeping and cleaning: busywork to keep you occupied because you will not be going to war any time soon.

In reality, a nuclear rating will be an incredibly stressful, but (sometimes) quite interesting job that puts you on some of the coolest vessels the Navy has.
>>
>>28465575
Surprisingly accurate.
However, it's not telling the stories that interests me. It's being there for the stories. It's the idea of being closer to death than I ever have been before. The adrenaline when I know I could die at any moment.
I'm a typical white boy who grew up in the suburbs.
The closest to death I've been is losing my cat, or my great grandmother.

Yeah, a nuclear rating would put me on some pretty awesome ships. And yes, the benefits after my enlistment would be much better.
But would I have grown as much as an individual on a spiritual level?
Not in a million years.

But to be fair, you're right. I am a civilian. And undoubtedly combat is a hell that I THINK I could handle, but probably couldn't. But how am I going to know if I don't try?
>>
>>28465551
i want to go in, take ASVAB, deflect deflect deflect on signing any commitment or anything, then take my scores next door to the army and see if i have the correct ST and GT scores to get the job i want (35g or 12y).
i like the sound of AF education and quality of life, but its not what i want to do, career wise.
>>
>>28465678
>It's the idea of being closer to death than I ever have been before. The adrenaline when I know I could die at any moment.
>I'm a typical white boy who grew up in the suburbs.

You're halfway through a foot patrol in Panjwayi. The next thing you know, you wake up in Germany missing your legs, balls, and dick. You receive a medical retirement from the Army as an E-3. You're paid as a PFC for the rest of your life, but incapable of working to make more money without losing your benefits. Everyone feels bad for you, which makes everything worse because the last thing that you want is to be pitied. You don't feel like you earned your combat badge or your medals because you "never did anything." The only person you share your "war story" with is your therapist.
>>
>>28465768
You could get the same shit is a civilian dude

Never know when someone is going to crash into you on the road, or a gas line leaks, or some other horrible accident happens.

I think putting the answer on some kind of slippery slope "well if you do X, Y could probably happen!" is just foolish

everything has risk, some way more than others, but more people die from car crashes every year than soldiers combined have died in these past 2 wars.
>>
>>28465678
As a typical white boy from the suburbs, I think you'd actually find being on a ship far more fulfilling.

I assume, being from the suburbs, you're reasonably intelligent. I assume, also, that you feel a little isolated/sheltered/insulated.

I can tell you from personal experience that being intelligent in an infantry regiment fucking sucks. The sense of esprit de corps simply doesn't exist. Your fellow soldiers are not your brothers and you can't willingly let yourself drink the kool-aid about how the man next to you is your brother-in-arms. You know the guy. You know he's a fucking moron. You also know he's a coward and the second anything gets heavy, he will turn on you. You can't relate to the people around you. You can't talk to the officers either, because the officers just see another dumb fuck infantryman.

Maybe it's different in the Marines, I don't know. I doubt it's too different, though.
>>
so I may have fucked up, /k/. I went to an AF recruiter a few moths ago and my dumb ass didn't fully commit to the lie, told them I had smoked weed a few times in high school, like 6 years ago. how would that affect my job choices, or my enlistment chances for that matter?
>>
>>28465862
I havent been in contact with them to set up an asvab test or anything, was pretty busy with family shit
>>
>>28465862
i seriously don't understand people like you. if you were filling out an app for a job and it asked "have you used illegal drugs?" would you really say yes?

what was your upbringing like?
what state are you from?
did your parents spank you?
have you ever played team sports?
what's your favorite color?
>>
>>28465895
Different guy, but for me it is because I don't understand the military very well.
I want a job with a security clearance, and I'm scared they'll look into my past and find that I lied to the recruiters and doctors at MEPs.
Then bing bang boom, clearance not granted.
>>
>>28465918
do you think they'll be able to just look you in the eyes and just KNOW you're lying? sign you up for the special MILSPEC piss test that goes back 10 years?

its really just a test to weed out the fucking retards that actually admit it. no room for that kind of stupidity in "intel"
>>
>>28465895
It's not illegal in the state I'm in, nor the country my family was stationed for the past 10 years.
that said, I have a hard time believing ANYone that says they never smoked, how the fuck a recruiter not be thinking 'this dude looks like he smokes/used to smoke'
>>
>>28465964
holy shit dude.
>>
>>28465964
havent touched the stuff in a few years though
>>28465973
what?
>>
>>28465954
No of course they're not fucking psychics or something.
But I've read about how for TS clearance they will speak with friends, family, neighbors etc. and ask them questions about me.
All it would take is a couple of people who aren't the best of friends with me to say that they've seen me smoke and I'm screwed.
But then again I'm just super fucking paranoid.
>>
>>28465995
the sf86 tells you to list everywhere you've lived or worked in the past 10 years, all your family members, and 3 non-family references.
they are looking for discrepancies. and they will probably call your 3 references.
>>
File: ASVAB.jpg (102 KB, 1700x904) Image search: [Google]
ASVAB.jpg
102 KB, 1700x904
How did I do /meg/?
>>
>>28465995
>>28466419

Remember: The investigator doesn't give much of a shit about what your references say. The interview is basically "Is Anon a terrorist? No? Great, now please point me to some more references so I can get less bullshit answers."
>>
>>28466505
you fucking killed it dude, congrats.

what branch/job are you going for?
>>
>>28466533
and if your references don't take the bait?
>>
>>28466533
you're saying fbi goes around and interviews all references and visits all the places you've lived canvassing all your old neighbors? what a shit job that must be.
>>
>>28466534
I really want to go for Navy Corpsman, I already have a little medical experience under my belt, and want a job where I can go further down that road, but I know historically corpsman is overmanned, so I'm hoping for the best. My recruiter however is trying to push me towards doing nuke, which I'm trying my best to consider, but have my concerns. Specifically I want to be a SARC, but that requires me to get a corpsman rating first.

Should I try to be less picky about what job I'm willing to sign up for? And is it possible if there are no corpsman jobs availible I can say no thank you to the people at MEPS, but go for the Air Force instead, since I do have some interests in their jobs?
>>
>>28466589

They're OPM investigators. Sounds like a pretty sweet life to me though, hitting up 2-star hotels and road tripping all around the small towns of America for interviews. Guarantee you it is 100 % more exciting than most jobs at OPM.
>>
>>28466660
with scores like that, talk to all branches and get whatever job you want, don't settle.
>>
>>28466589
They play like they're FBI, but they're just deputized contractors.

It's not just people you put on there, either. Mine went to my old house where I lived for 16 years and went door to door asking if people knew me.

>>28466662
I don't think they road trip. I think a local person in each area where you have a contact handles the stuff in that location. It's not just one investigator.
>>
>>28466660
>>28466683

Anon is right, don't settle, but don't really expect them to cater to you either. 95 ASVAB is good...but it also means that they see a candidate like you every 20 people. They'll push hard-to-fill jobs that require high scores (like nuke), but if you say you want something that isn't possible to get then they aren't going to make it appear.

That said, Corpsman is pretty common. If you hold out for it you'll get it.
>>
>>28465804
It's not the fact that he got hurt; it's about the myth of glorious manhood-affirming combat experience that generally doesn't fucking exist.
>>
>>28466725
>They'll push hard-to-fill jobs that require high scores (like nuke)

This. After I took my ASVAB, the lady at the desk at MEPS tried to get me to talk to the Navy career counselor (for nuke) despite the fact that I had showed up with an Army recruiter. "Oh, you're too smart to be in the Army, be a nuke" etc etc.
>>
>>28466721
i really want to know what questions they ask,this might fuck me. i lived in the ghetto and clashed with my neighbors a lot. fuck.
>>
Is Marines being dumb as shit just a meme?
>>
>>28466788
If they are wandering around your neighborhood, they're not looking for character references. The real reason they're there is to see if you lived where you said you lived. They want to make sure you weren't actually at a terrorist training camp in Yemen.
>>
>>28466814
wouldn't they be able to tell that from my taxes and work history? seems like a waste of manpower to send a couple of suits to canvas neighborhoods lol.

what if your asvab is great, you do great in basic/AIT, but then some fuck says some off color comment in your old neighborhood? damn this is starting to make me worry
>>
File: 1389127313920.jpg (49 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1389127313920.jpg
49 KB, 960x720
Has anyone had experience with or even conversed with someone who was actually attached to some sort of SOF?
From what I can gather, it's mostly just guys who look at everything as "I do my job" and they're the most serious of the group of the most serious.
How many of them have gone to college is the real question I have, and are the ones who did more likely to have had the opportunity to try for SOF?
All of these threads make it seem like getting any sort of job in the military whatsoever is virtually impossible.
Make up your mind, I'm thinking that if I ever enlist I'd rather have some sort of high ranking admin job than a shitty infantry job by the way most of the people describe it, unless you're in some sort of unit where people are serious about what they do, and not stuck with a bunch of people who joined on a whim or because they had no other choice. Everyone in these threads pretty much just seems to say there's no reason to even try for any sort of "operator-tier" job unless you're a superhuman and shit, whereas I feel most of the time you just have to decide if it's really what you want and if not, your mind will find a way to rationalize otherwise.
I agree that most of the people who try to get there are Bowe Bergdahl types who thought when they enlisted they would end up climbing the ranks and becoming the best of the best with zero effort, and then end up in some backwards-ass camp in the middle of ShitStan. And in reality, all of the time you see these guys who are super-soldier SOF guys, they're dudes who worked their fucking asses off from day one, not super athletic people who were born into the position of "Operator"
I'm no authority, but my best advice would just be not to be a pussy and say "I can do that" instead of "I'm going to do that"
>>
>>28466862
I've never heard of anyone who failed to get a clearance because of their references. It's almost always financial problems that keep people from a clearance. Runners up are drug/alcohol use and various other criminal things.
>>
Prior service Marine here

Thinking of attempting to get an Army OCS slot after I graduate from college. i want to go into either CA or MISO but from what I understand CA requires that you are capt or above and MISO 1st lt or above. Which branch/mos should I pick in order to be more marketable to CA or MISO when I am eligible to submit a package to one of them?
>>
>>28466907
then i'm good. i wish i could use family as references. my father was in intelligence for almost 15 years, step mom 10 years at pentagon, mom was overseas contractor for 5 years, step dad was SF for 25 years and now DoD contractor. they should just stop at the family page of my sf86 because obviously there's nothing to hide lol
>>
>>28466923
1) Be aware that Army OCS is completely needs of the army as to which officer branch you get. Be prepared for a terrible branch for your first 3-4 years.

2) You can apply for both CA and MISO (and SF) as a 1LT. You will begin receiving automatic recruitment emails at around 30 months of commissioned service.

3) Any branch is fine.
>>
>>28466959
>1) Be aware that Army OCS is completely needs of the army as to which officer branch you get. Be prepared for a terrible branch for your first 3-4 years.

Jesus christ thats nightmare fuel. Do I at least get to make a "suggestion"?
>>
Tell me about:
>Psy Ops
>HUMINT Collectors
>Intelligence gathering positions

I want to be probed for TS clearence
Something about abiding by the laws of our great nation gives me such a fucking hard-on.
>>
Does anyone have any experience with the Seaman To Admiral program?
What does it entail?
How can I get in it?
>>
>>28466959
>>28467002

You get to make a wishlist and have a better chance of getting what you want depending on your class ranking.

However, what is available to your class as a whole can be highly variable. OCS traditionally gets the scraps that ROTC and West Point leave behind.
>>
>>28466907
hmm oh well i might as well have come clean
if some big mean drill sergeant asks me i wouldve cracked
>>
>>28467002
There's a "wish list" on the DA form 61 as part of your application packet in which you number your top branch choices 1-10. It means absolutely nothing.

Your OCS class will be assigned a certain number of slots for branches based on upcoming available seats in basic courses. These are the "leftovers" that ROTC and USMA didn't want, plus any vacancies due to drops. Halfway through the class, you will pick from the list based on class standings; top picks first. You can only pick from what's available, which means that your desired branches may or may not be available at all.
>>
>>28467218
Nice. I appreciate the info.
>>
>>28467218
is top of the class like pt stud? or someone who wrecks the classes? because i could do the latter and not the former
>>
>>28467273
just work a little bit harder and you will have both
>>
>>28467273
At the time of branch selection, the events that you've completed are mostly physical, so it's going to be the PT studs that get first pick.
>>
>>28464771
>combat control on my qualification check list
>crossing that shit out because I want a better civilian-translatable job
>>
>91F, 89A, 89B, or 14S?

Help me out here /k/omrades.
>>
>>28467332
14S sounds pretty cool.
>>
File: 140310-F-SZ127-001.jpg (1 MB, 7360x4912) Image search: [Google]
140310-F-SZ127-001.jpg
1 MB, 7360x4912
>>28467309
You can be an ATC, and get FAA certified after finishing the course.
And then you get to tell everyone at the ATC tower that you were in one of the most badass units in the whole US military
>>
>>28466867
SOF are the genetically superior version of infantry.

They joined on a whim and saw where it took them. They followed orders and got more fit over time and eventually progressed through the ranks until being recommended for selection.

There just isn't some super unit of James bonds
>>
>>28467338
It does, but I'm hoping that some kommandos who have actually worked one of those jobs has some insight about them one might not be able to find online.
>>
File: hbr-lnk_4d92f4c310a10.jpg (47 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
hbr-lnk_4d92f4c310a10.jpg
47 KB, 600x360
>>28467389
It's not like there aren't SOF guys who didn't decide it's what they wanted to do early on.
>>
How does Reserve work? I'm looking for ways to help pay for college after I get my Associates, and I've always been interested in joining the military since I was young. I'm not the overly proud type, and don't give a shit about if people consider it really serving or not. I'd rather have people not know I was in the military just because of all the douches I went to high school who think they're badasses now.

TL;DR how is life as a college student in the reserve? What financial aid does Reserve offer?
>>
Quick question for anyone who has clearances,
I have used pot in college probably about 20 times, would this DQ me for secret, top secret clearances? I haven't enlisted yet so im not sure to admit to it or not, I am pretty much just worried about screening old college friends/ polygraphs if i lie about.
>>
>>28467707
You can beat polygraphs, and I haven't dealt with one yet. I think they're moving away from them. Old college friends may fuck you over, but I'd lie anyways. I doubt they'll reward you for being truthful
>>
>>28467707
Pot use doesn't DQ you from any level of clearance, as long as you're honest about it.
>>
>>28467730
>>28467785
have either of you had a secret or TS clearance? Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>28467707
Be careful about admitting it, as it CAN disqualify you from certain programs/positions.
>>
>>28467860

I've held a TS during and after my time in the Army. Never made my pot use a secret, never had an issue with it.

The Army definitely cares and enlisting with pot use on your record depends on how they're feeling that year. None of the agencies that do your clearance investigation give a fuck though.
>>
>>28467896
what if your answers from the time you enlisted are different from the sf86? Like what would happen if when enlisting i say no but on my sf say yes? thanks again
>>
Boonie hats are dumb.
>>
Are mustaches allowed at boot?
Would rocking a Hitler stache like in Generation Kill get me in shit?
>>
>>28468035
they let the pilots in training have pedo staches
>>
>>28467935

Hard to say. There's really not much crosstalk there. The military will "ok" you and send you off to training long before OPM actually comes back with the results of your clearance investigation. At that point the military will pretty much get a yay/nay on your clearance, they're not going to sit down and place it beside your enlistment docs unless you give them a reason to think you've enlisted fraudulently.
>>
>>28468065
My plan is to ask my recruiter about me giving a written statement saying I've experimented with weed only 3 times. This is enough to let me in without a waiver, and I don't have to lie and feel guilty.
Would this work?
>>
>>28468065
this was not me, >>28468101
my question then is what if for some odd reason they do compare the two? Can you say it was a mistake or are you fucked? I've smoked a decent amount sadly.. prob 30 times on and off throughout my first two years at college. I've been clean for a while and do not plan on smoking again. Really want to enlist but even more i don't want to get a dishonorable discharge down the road.
>>
>>28468065
Thanks again for the advice, it helps a lot talking to people who have been there done that.
>>
What should this edition be called?
/TS clearances and weed/?
>>
>>28468189
no but since im asking questions about enlistment, meps,and the SF 86 form I would say its appropriate.
>>
>>28468189
that reminds me, can i become a green beret if im an officer?
>>
>>28468152
>get a dishonorable discharge

Kek. Not going to happen for fraudulent enlistment. "Other than honorable" maybe, dishonorable is reserved for much worse shit.

Anyhow, this shit is pretty simple, anon. The clearance stuff is completely irrelevant since they don't care what kind of drugs you did as long as you come clean. All that matters is what the current threshold the military has in order to require a waiver (or completely disqualify you).

In 2008 they would've enlisted you immediately following your first clean pee test and given you a bonus to boot.

It's 2016 though, the military doesn't need people that bad anymore. If they're saying "we don't want anyone with more than 'expertimental' drug use" then you have some pretty limited choices. Wait for the next war, lie, try to pursue a waiver, or find another calling. In any case, you accept the consequences of your actions like an adult. There's no "I want all the benefits of lying but none of the consequences if I get caught".
>>
>>28468237

Are there officers in SF? Absolutely. Can you become one? Well, that's mostly on you.

You have to commission first (read: get your 4-year degree and go through a commissioning program), then serve 3~ years before you're allowed to drop a packet to try and become an SF officer. If accepted, you go through the training and become an oper8tor for a short time before going back to the rear to be a senior officer. If you aren't accepted, you're pretty much fucked since officers have such a tiny window where they're allowed to apply.

People say it's "hard" to be an SF officer, but it has nothing to do with the training being more intense than being SF enlisted, and everything to do with having a tiny career window to do it as opposed to your entire enlisted career.
>>
Currently scoring about a 200 on the AFPT

How long would it take me to max my PT, I wanna hit 300 before I even go to basic with a 68W option 40
>>
>>28468269
Thanks for the advice. im thinking I won't lie as I have other positives, will do fine on asvabs, will do well on PT tests, and having a 4 year degree will help. Think the positives will outweigh the negatives? This is the last question, again thanks.
>>
>>28468338
Depends on what your low scores are. Push ups and sit ups can be fixed more quickly than run.
>>
>>28468465
how do i fix push ups and curl ups?
>>
>>28468465
My run is pretty good, around 14:00 if I really push myself I'm gonna start adding 800/400m intervals after my weightlifting sessions to help me to drop that time further.

How needed are the medics in the Ranger batt? I'd assume(idk why though) that they need more medics, and that most the guys looking to get in are 11x dudes
>>
File: OPSEC.jpg (102 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
OPSEC.jpg
102 KB, 960x720
>>28468331

You also only get to go to selection once as an officer.
>>
>>28468492
Do them often.

>>28468500
You need to drop at least a minute and a half off of your run. Your sit ups must be garbage if you're at 200 with a 14:00 run time.
>>
>>28468591
Yea, my pushups and situps are hovering around 40-50. The weight lifting has seen those go from increase massively in the past month though, and I haven't even been training the PU/SU's specifically. As my squat/dead goes up the sit ups get easier and easier. I ride a sportbike as my daily commute and I think my back/core is just super weak from the hunched over position without any concurrent exercise
>>
File: party hard.gif (107 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
party hard.gif
107 KB, 300x300
Just did my aptitude test today, and I'm told I did every well and easily qualify for all 3 positions I applied for. Competition is tight for both avionics tech/communications jobs but even if I don't make it into the next intake, I could make it to the next.
>>
File: 1450053267378.jpg (56 KB, 750x675) Image search: [Google]
1450053267378.jpg
56 KB, 750x675
If I join the Navy whats the chance I can be a seabee? I have no experience
But if I cant get that MOS in the navy I was thinking of going 11B or 13B in the Army.
Is it rude to tell a recruiter you only really want one job?
>>
>>28468787
I don't think it would be rude.
Think about it, if you apply anywhere else they tell you EXACTLY what your job is and what it entails.
You reserve the right to not join the military if you don't get the MOS you want.
>>
>>28468787
Seabees are getting phased out
AF if you wanna learn a skill
Army if you wanna do PT and get shit on 12 hours a day
>>
Best branch to join if I just want a free ride?
Im physically fit but I cant take people yelling at me and and have anxiety
>>
>>28465276
Hey dumbass, it's your career. Do you want to wait 2 months and get the job you actually want or settle for something you don't want. You're really the only who can answer that question.

I'd say hold out 100% of the time for what you want. They're recruiting you. You're doing them a favor not the other way around.
>>
>>28468916
Well from what I've heard the military is nothing like it used to be. You'll still get yelled at but it's not as personal anymore.
>>
>>28468916
>but I cant take people yelling at me
Fucking pussy. You're no better than SJW tumblards who cry when their feelings get hurt. Man the fuck up.
>>
>>28468916
>cant take people yelling at me and and have anxiety

You probably would not enjoy the military.
>>
So how does enlisting work?
Do you know what job you are getting before you officially sign up?
If you dont like it can you just sandbag it and get kicked out?
>>
>>28469156
If you somehow fail basic they'll probably think you have cancer, cause that's the only way you could conceivably not make the standards.
>>
>>28469168
Lol I can tell you have never been to Army or Marine boot.
Maybe in Navy and AF you can just jerk each other off, but people who actually join real branches have it different
>>
>>28469190
I've never been to any, but the minimum standards for passing basic in any branch are laughable.
>>
File: 1446841850093.jpg (20 KB, 400x274) Image search: [Google]
1446841850093.jpg
20 KB, 400x274
>>28469206
the PFT is nothing compared to what you actually do in training on an average day, especially during basic
>>
>>28469220
Meaning, that passing basic should be a fucking breeze.

I can tell you didn't qualify for anything other than 11x or 0311
>>
>>28469261
You cant take the PFT at the end of basic if you fail one of the previous day's drills/exercizes
>>
>>28466867
>>28467389
Genetically? No. Typically just have more dedication or just sheer will.

Once you're into SOF the quality of life is top notch. Your food, your PT, your gear, etc. is all the best quality the military has to offer. So with better benefits, comes a stronger person.

In the 75th the mindset is very fratlike, and at most times pretty hardheaded. You either follow the trend, or you get pushed to the side. Pushed to the side? People don't like you, it can tumble down from there. Not much open-mindedness until innovation is required to happen. The people can be pretty childish and immature.

However, its a well oiled machine. The PT is well organized (contracted fitness instructors, nutritionists, etc.), the food and gear supplied is the top of the line, and generally everyone is pretty damn competent.

RASP is basically what basic should be. And the 75th is what the infantry battalions should be. The main problem is its hardheadedness though. With the large majority of its leadership being guys who joined and stayed in since the age of 18 (which is an Army wide issue), you don't get a lot of unique mindsets in it.

The other areas such as SF are much more open-minded. Much more innovative in their thinking because their pipelines instill multiple ways of getting shit done. The frat behavior is similar, but because SF has people from all sorts of backgrounds and ages (usually older and more mature) coming into it, you get a pretty damn unique assortment of people. It knows how to take advantage of its random dudes with weird but useful capabilities, not push them out.

My two cents.
>>
>>28469375
What's it like being a medic in those sorts of groups? I've heard being the medic means being part of the group yet not "really" being part of it.
>>
>>28467332
91f with airborne you might get to work with cool guys
>>
>>28469375
At 2/75th more big army bs is choking the traditional life. Longer training days, more bs health and welfare shit, more drug and alcohol problems, poor retention, and subsequently more inexperienced guys filling into this new, garrison life batt. Still awesome and better training than most other units, just not as dope as say 4 years ago
>>
>>28468787
Air force, I'm a 19 year old avionics technician, by the time my contract is up I'll be in my 20s and have years of experience already.
>>
>>28469404
In the 75th its just like an infantry line company. 1 doc per platoon, they take care of them. Doc's job is to stay at the hip of the platoon sergeant (2nd highest lead in a platoon). When shtf doc runs around and patches people up. He shouldn't be in a stack and he shouldn't be firing over patching guys up unless its a massive mass casualty and you're being overrun.

18D's have a very diverse job. They'll be patching up, giving medicine, etc. to a SHIT TON of old people, women, and kids for a large amount of their job. They also take care of their teams, obviously. Which is 6+6 men.
>>
How often do military weigh-ins happen?

>went to MEPS
>I was 1 pound over the minimum required weight

Am I free and clear? Will they weigh me again before/if I go to ship out to OTS?
>>
>>28469913
Whenever you PT test really
>>
>>28469907
There's a whole lot more to 18D's, didn't mean to word it like they only patch up foreign dudes. Just wrote up a brief idea of what they do. An 18D will shoot more than a platoon medic in the 75th, for instance.
>>
>>28469907
>>28469919
Thanks for the info. I guess an 18D is more like a team member who is a doc if shtf during an op? While a Ranger medic is a doc first and foremost and rarely deviates from that role?
>>
All I want to do is fly fast planes for the military

How do I go about doing that?
>>
>>28469945
Pilot for the usaf. Have to be an officer though. I believe that special missions aviation for officers is an open career field at the moment.
>>
>>28469941
You've got the gist of it. Doesn't mean that's 100% of the time. And in certain more specialized areas of both SF and Rangers roles can become more hybrid.
>>
>>28469967
Well I'm a Junior in College so as long as I don't flunk basket weaving 101 I should be good.
>>
>>28470000
Hell yeah man, Go for it. I'll be fixing the planes you break one day.
>>
>>28470024
Kek, now wouldn't that be a funny coincidence.

I'll see if I can find a recruiter nearby and ask him for details on officer stuff, thanks anon.
>>
>>28469970
Cool stuff man. Now to just decide which to go out for, PJ included in that dilemma. Research time. Right now I'm leaning towards PJ because its a focus on combat rescue primarily. But 18D coolguy shit is always a dream for 20-somethings
>>
>>28468571
YOU FOOL

My secret network of ISIS spies can identify these people by that dog's butt. They know every dog's butt in the country
>>
File: IMG_20150924_165143.jpg (181 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150924_165143.jpg
181 KB, 720x960
>>28463872
I took the DLAB.
Going in as 1A8
Shipping out Jan 19
>>
I know this is REALLY specific, but I wanted to ask something about ROTC programs.
I just finished my first semester of my Freshman year in community college.
>How can I get involved with NROTC (I want to be a pilot but any kind of officer interests me)

And I need to get double jaw surgery for medical reasons. Basically, I need to get braces for a year, then jaw surgery, and then braces for another year. Will this work out with ROTC or will this be an issue?
>>
>>28470523
Also, I've heard that most Navy pilots end up flying helicopters. Is this true?
I want to fly a fixed wing aircraft. What is my best chance of doing that?
If I can't become a jet pilot I think I would just want to be an infantry officer instead.
>>
bump. i thought the Australians were supposed to keep this alive at night
>>
File: 1401022160908.gif (52 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
1401022160908.gif
52 KB, 120x120
>>28471499
>walk into YOU session
>"okay guys, we're going to have a presentation first"
>powerpoint slide pops up on screen
>"first and foremost, this Australian land belongs to the Gubbi Gubbi people and respect for the natives of this land plays a very large part in the Australian defence force and we all must understand this and the contribution of all our Aboriginal members"
>wait for laughter
>nobody laughs
>>
>>28471530
i laughed anon, i laughed
>>
>>28463152
What are some good options for a 30 year old who wants a career after the military?
>>
>>28471612
are you me?

i'm this guy >>28463872
>>
>>28463152
>Wanna be hard core
>Wanna do spoopy shit innajungle/desert
>Just ran up 43 flights of stairs
>Took me seven minutes and almost killed me
>Went from feeling awesome to feelinglike a Nick Frost impersonator

Reality hits like a fucking brick. Looks like I need to run every day now.

Are protein shakes all they're cracked up to be? And say it takes me two or three years to get Ironman fit, I'd be 28 years old almost 29, how old is too old for something like the green berets?
>Also, do they still focus on training indigenous peoples? I'd rather do that than kick in doors.
>>
>>28471632
What's the job you were looking at?

Just a heads up, I've met quite a few intel guys, they all end up about as successful as infantry after getting out. Just looks like a dead end MOS
>>
>>28471647
It'll take a few months, if you're dedicated, to get army fit.
>>
>>28471703
I'm doing couch to 5k already (Week 5), and I'm going to start running the stars at the 22 story building I work at once or twice a week.

My problem is pullups and pushups, I can do 100 pushups a day in sets of 15-17 and they never seem to get easier. And I just don't know how to do a pull up I guess, do you use your arms or your back? I've been trying to use just my arms with bad results.
>>
>>28471722
My pushups have blown up, I can't help for pullups since I don't really do any but I'd imagine something similar would work. Every other day I'm doing 3 sets of wide pushups, diamond pushups, and pushups (with other shit mixed in and a 2 min break between sets). Every time I finish a pushup exercise on the 3rd set I do knee pushups of that type until I can't anymore. I do this in the morning and before I go to bed, and in a month and a half or so I went from doing like 13/9/6 to 23/21/21, for example or 250+ non knee pushups across the day.
>>
>>28471668
they aren't networking then. i also know a few intel guys, and they're doing pretty great.
i was looking at space operations or geospatial intel, but AF doesn't need them right now. they DO need crypto linguists badly.
>>
>>28471612
Pick an MOS with a short enlistment time and the usual "real world skills blah blah".

Make sure that the skillet can actually transfer over. I'm a nurse, who GETS LICENSED by the state of Texas, which I can just straight up use civilian side.

Medics get an EMT very. $10 an hour civilian side, but still.

But, my contract is 6 years. Lol.
>>
>>28471732
I'll give it a shot, thanks.

I'm sure a big part of it is diet, I'm poor as hell so I eat like shit.
>>
>>28471732
you posted this last thread, i started doing it, thanks. it helps a lot
>>
Hey guys, I'm gonna be enlisting in the army but I have a few concerns.

1. I have next to no stamina and I'm worried about BCT, I'm not fat by any sense of the word (5'9" 130lbs) but after 20 pushups I'm down for the count. I'm training now but I'm going up to MEPS soon and I don't know if it'll be enough.

2. My teeth are pretty fucked up, went through a period of depression (not documented, don't worry) and hygiene went out the window. They're not meth head bad but they're pretty bad. I know I will be able to get through MEPS but I also know that they do a dental exam at reception.
Will I be DQ'd because of my teeth?
>>
>>28470490
See you in Arabic.
>>
>>28463152
Is being a tanker as cool as I imagine it to be? Every tanker online says they love 19k
>>
>>28472676
how tall are you? and where are we using tanks right now? so,you'll be a regular ol' soldier
>>
File: 1409274363567.jpg (234 KB, 1050x1800) Image search: [Google]
1409274363567.jpg
234 KB, 1050x1800
How the FUCK do I go about meeting with and addressing a recruiter?
The recruiting station near me is used by all 4 branches and I dont know if I need an appointment, or if I walk right in. Im not even sure what branch I want to join yet because its gunna depend on the jobs I can get.
Should I use a casual tone to sound confident,
>"hey man I was interested in enlisting in the army, but I just had afew questions I was hoping I could come by some time later today or tomorrow and learn a bit about the opportunities presented"
Or something more formal?
Ive been unemployed or 9 months, should I be bringing a resume?

I can do
50 pushups (easy street)
55 situps
and 2 miles in 13:15

Jobs im interested in:
Army11B, 13B,
Navy Seabee,
AF Cryptologic Language Analyst(I know basic Russian Portuguese and Spanish), EOD

Do you have to agree to join then get assigned a job after basic?
Thoughts? Comments?
>>
>>28472802
walk in, listen to options, take asvab, go to meps, go to basic, be infantry, sweep grass
>>
File: 1449251622502.jpg (209 KB, 1080x1350) Image search: [Google]
1449251622502.jpg
209 KB, 1080x1350
>>28472821
IS it true that infantry just does PT and chorse for like 13 hours a day starting at 4AM when not deployed?
Im not lazy, but some Airforce guy said he only worked 8 hours a day and that sounded pretty appealing

For every response I will award one (1) pic of a qt
>>
>>28472843
your job is to prepare. so yes, PT, "chores", sometimes weapons check/range day, etc
>>
Is it true if you are married they will literally pay you twice as much and give you a bunch of free stuff you wouldnt get if you were single?

I leave for army basic in afew months and my gf of 1 year is pressuring me into marrying her before I get stationed somewhere so she can live with me, but idk.

Thoughts?
>>
>>28473041
>one year

see how you feel about her after basic/ait, then get married if you want
>>
>>28473041
If shes pressuring you...make sure shes the right one and not a dependa. She won't be living with you till your first duty station.

And yes, there is only benefits to being married in the military unless divorce is in your future. So make sure she isn't using you.
>>
>>28472671
I hop I get Chinese over arabic, though I realize I basically have no choice in the matter.
>>
>>28472802
Do crypto linguist. It's what I'm going in for (airborne version because yay AF)
You get to live in Monterey California for 64 weeks if you're good enough on the DLAB and you'll get your A1C sooner due to 6 year enlistment
Also learning another language gives you a bonus every month for your paycheck.
>>
>>28473185
does the DLAB test your actual knowledge of other languages? Or just your ability to learn about them
>>
>>28473221
ability to learn. scroll up, tripfag explained it last night
>>
>>28473235
Thanks friend
>>
>>28469742
Is 2nd battalion different than 1st and 3rd?
>>
>tfw cant decide if I want to operate with the 11 Bravos or get a comfy tech job
>>
>>28473300
I'd say you can get comfy tech jobs anywhere, but there's only one place and time you'll get to be infantry.
>>
>inna NATO-pact yuro country
>want to get off Merkel's Wild Ride
>out of shape
>don't want to get shot by kebabs
can I still join the US army to get a greencard?
>>
>>28473408
If I enlist as infantry than after 4 years I get out and resign as something else would I have to start from E-0?
I want the experience of infantry, but im already 21 years old so I need to think about a long term career, I was thinking about going heli mechanic or something
>>
>>28471722
Just like 3 weeks ago I was at 30 consecutive pushups
Last week I was at 50
I did 75 in 2 minutes yesterday
1 day do at least 200 pushups
As many sets as it takes
Next day work on your sit ups and pull-ups
3rd day is pushup day again. I bench for endurance, not strength on this day
So 3 sets 10 reps of 135lbs.
And 50 very slow very controlled pushups.
Make your own routine that includes
Running, pushups, sit ups, and pull ups.
I added ruck marches and lifts like bench, squat, over head press, clean and jerks, and farmers walks, all low weight high reps.
Find a way to schedule it so your doing everything every other or at the most every 2 days.
>>
File: don't even know right now.jpg (46 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
don't even know right now.jpg
46 KB, 500x334
>>28473185
Question related to languages.

>Is there a route from linguist to SOF?
Like, can I go in for languages, then move from there into a special operations role, or in country support role? I really want to (Like everyone here) do SF stuff and go places I'm not supposed to be, meet strange people and teach them to kill our mutual enemies, but being a translator would be a nice civilian job if I loose a leg or something to an old soviet mine.
>>
>>28473638
Copy that man, I'll get an excel spreadsheet out and make up a schedule around my job.

Hey, you most likely have no idea but, is this a good pull-up bar? I need something for the house because I can't afford a gym membership.

http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Fitness-Multi-Gym-Pro-White/dp/B00BFD0I7Q
>>
>>28473682
Looks decent.
My friend has a way more simple one but it mounts the exact same and we've yet to break it or the door or even fall.
Heaviest I weighed when I still used it was only 200lbs though idk what they can handle
>>
>>28473650
Yes
>>
>>28473746
That one is rated 300, I'm 290
>Yes I'm fat but I'm also 6'4"

Looks like the best option for now. I'll but it and get to work.
>>
>>28473772
Could you please provide me with more info? I'd like to look into this as a serious consideration. I've always romanticized the SF mission involving the indigenous population and getting involved in that process would be a satisfying life goal.

I also really want to do some cool shit involving guns and parachutes before I die.
>>
>>28473796
Anyone of any MOS can apply for SF at any time. Also, special mission units and programs tour around and recruit.
>>
>>28473897
Are there a set number of slots available for each MOS?
>>
>>28473957
To be clear, I mean is there less competition for access to the SF pipeline if you're applying from some MOS's than others. I'd imagine if you're trying out from infantry it's a "Yeah, cute, good luck even getting your name in the hat" but maybe not so much if you're a radio operator or linguist?
>>
>>28473957
>>28474009
No. If you pass selection, you stop being whatever MOS you were before and become 18 series. It's all about your performance at selection and has nothing to do with where you're coming from or your previous experience.
>>
>>28474112
I understand that part, what I mean is if you apply as infantry and 3000 other people already have that year because, well infantry, you'd get told you're late to the bus.

But if the exact same person were to apply as a linguist would they have a better chance of getting to selection in the first place?
Id imagine there is a limit to how many people can try out a year.
>>
>>28465548
You could also take an MOST with a marketable skill like an IT or cyber-security. You get out with 1) A job skill 2) Pretty military experience and 3) GI Bill. If whatever you choose to major in in College doesnr work out, you can fall back on your IT skills.
>>
Considering enlisting in the Navy as a Master-at-arms. However I'd like to be on a ship during a deployment. Is this a possibility or are you forced to be on naval bases/ports?
>>
>>28474627
needs of the navy, sailor
>>
>Failed one class
>Might lose acceptance to schools
Fuck it. How's Air Force?
>>
I have a security clearance interview on tuesday but I lied about my relatives not being relatives on my application because I didn't have any friends to list. How fucked am I?
>>
>>28475201
fucked
>>
>>28475201

>I lied about my relatives not being relatives on my application because I didn't have any friends to list.

Fuck, I was going to do that too.
>>
>>28475201
See you soon, faggot.
>>
>>28475254
>>28475218

I knew it!
>>
File: amf.jpg (95 KB, 800x517) Image search: [Google]
amf.jpg
95 KB, 800x517
>>28475254
>Honor Bound to Defend Freedom
>a prison

Is that even more cynical than "Arbeit Macht Frei"?
>>
File: 1448648774106.jpg (100 KB, 717x960) Image search: [Google]
1448648774106.jpg
100 KB, 717x960
>>28475201
Do you need work references?
Im worried about that part because ive always been a pretty quite and meek person and I dont wanna deal with everybody saying "oh anon?! He doesnt seem like the Army type, hes so nice XD"
>>
>>28475760

No, most of the people joining the military are 18 year old kids who have never worked so I can't imagine that they'd make work references mandatory. You just need a certain amount of family and non-family references and I mixed the two together because I didn't have enough non-family.
>>
>>28470083
Don't forget about Navy SARC, from what I read about it, the Navy is in pretty bad need of more of them, with what Wikipedia says is only manned by <150 people
>>
>>28467362

don't do tower, go work for Center on Uniform and just talk to military dudes all day.
>>
>>28475830
Any ideas what types of questions do they ask them?
I broke my collarbone 5 years ago and was planning on not telling anybody
>>
>>28475760
>>28475858
>>28475201
Intel guy here
Your both already blacklisted don't bother
>>
>>28475858

If you don't tell them and there's no physical issues that might give it away during a physical they can't find out. They'll ask you about it 200 times and lie to you saying you'll get in trouble if they find out but it's bullshit.
>>
>>28475915
I just dont wanna rope my family and friends into my lies, my only friends are the ones I have since high school
>>
>>28475881
since i've already been listed on several SF86 forms, don't they already have a file on me anyway? what's the point in doing it again?
>>
I had a pretty shitty GPA in highschool, a 2.8.
I've also already started my freshman year of community college.
Can I get into an ROTC program?
If I can, what do I have to do to get a scholarship?
>>
>>28469918

speaking as an OTS grad... i'm like 5-10 pounds over the max right now. nobody cares as long as you pass the PT test. and i max my waist measurement.

>>28469945
>>28469967

Navy/Marines too.

there's more slots open to ROTC and Academy grads than OTS. i wanted to be a pilot. and my job's cool and all but i don't think i have the heart to go back to AETC for more fun unless i'm going to be flying for the guard/reserves and can get a guaranteed slot that way.
>>
>>28470557

if you want to fly fixed wing, go USAF. half the navy and marines' fleet is helo. then again you're probably going to fly heavies in the AF.

which isn't necessarily a bad thing. having to taking a dump midair in a cramped f-16 cockpit while wearing an anti-exposure suit over the midatlantic isn't exactly one of those things they talk about in the commercials.
>>
I'm the op and this is my most successful thread ever. Anyway, I need a cool job in the air force to fill time so I can pt to become a jtac, thoughts? Thoughts on my plan? I'm 19. Also, I just passed on signing army papers for a 11x with opt 40, twice. Do they give those out like candy or something? Asvab scores are 94. And I'm over 90 in all fields.
>>
>>28476012
>i don't think i have the heart to go back to AETC for more fun
I feel you familia. AETC is full of bullshit, whether you go officer or enlisted. Their retarded rules at tech school alone caused more of a headache than anything the MTIs could ever dream of.

On the instruction/staff side, it's where careers go to die and AFSC competency is forgotten.
>>
>>28475760
That's a dude.
>>
>>28476223
That human being you are so close-mindedly calling a "dude" is my gf you moron
Show some respect of pay the price
>>
>>28476252
Kekls. Why would you post your girl online. 20 neckbeards saved her picture all ready. But to be fair here, and this is no low ball, you posted a girl on k. All girls on k are traps. I mean that's almost fact.
>>
File: familon3.jpg (49 KB, 445x625) Image search: [Google]
familon3.jpg
49 KB, 445x625
>>28476295
There is literally nothing wrong with it
Its not gay, and traps make Operator-tier gfs
Perfect for a no drama relationship
>>
File: familon2.jpg (42 KB, 449x539) Image search: [Google]
familon2.jpg
42 KB, 449x539
>>28476316
Its 2016
>>
>>28476316
Did I say it was wrong?
>>
>>28476316
>>28476323
wait, is that a male?
LGBT could just means its a girl who is "bi" or some other trendy shit
>>
>>28476384
>LGBT Community

Is that a forum for a phone?
>>
File: XdkPivg.jpg (331 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
XdkPivg.jpg
331 KB, 5000x5000
>>28476316
>no drama relationship
>trans-anything

Also,
>Its not gay
>>
>>28476316
>operator-tier
It's cute that you make up qualifiers
>>
>>28476441
>It's cute that you make up qualifiers
Stronger than a genetic female
Rhonda Rousey herself is scared of fighting transwomen because she knows that even an average trans off the street could smack her silly
>>
>>28476462
Have you ever actually had an interaction with someone who is transgender?
>>
File: 12847821421.gif (2 MB, 510x200) Image search: [Google]
12847821421.gif
2 MB, 510x200
>>28476316
Little girls make the best operator-tier gfs
>>
File: m3iy4ksU6zUx[1].jpg (87 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
m3iy4ksU6zUx[1].jpg
87 KB, 1000x500
>>28476498
>tfw no daughter to train to be a fierce fighter who can beat up the mean boys at her school
>>
>wtf is happening
>thread spiraling out of control
>thought i accidentally clicked AR general
>>
File: 398523532523.jpg (139 KB, 648x453) Image search: [Google]
398523532523.jpg
139 KB, 648x453
>>28476538
There's always the future
>>
File: me btw.jpg (114 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
me btw.jpg
114 KB, 500x250
>>28476619
>tfw a group of cute girls will never beat you unconscious and slowly kill you
Why even live?
>>
>>28476647
Maybe when you're in the military you can be deployed to some Arabic country, get captured and have the loli wives of some Sultan beat you to death
>>
>military thread
>traps and animoo lolis
Im disappointed in your guys
>>
>>28476135
Someone answer my question please.
>>
>>28476602
>>28476707
fucking seriously
>>
>>28476012
how easy was OTS? im eventually going to navy ocs
how easy was it to get in to AF officer? was it competitive
>>
>>28473300
>Implying 11Bs operate

kek

>>28473433

No, unless you have something special for MAVNI.

>>28473453

If you reclass (just transfer jobs without leaving service), most of the time you keep your current rank. If you get out and get back in you can lose rank, but usually not all of it.

Pick whatever job you're interested in, but "the experience of infantry" is dumb.
>>
>>28473650

SF dudes learn languages as part of their pipeline. Cryptolinguists can also be attached to all kinds of SOF units. First step is usually becoming an airborne cryptolinguist.
>>
File: 1326322542062.jpg (233 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1326322542062.jpg
233 KB, 1280x960
>>28476707
The military's been full of weebs for a long time now, anon.
>>
>>28474134

You're still not getting that SF doesn't give a fuck what you were before. SF packets are MOS-immaterial. They don't look at the job you're coming from.
>>
Template for next bread
http://pastebin.com/qPhgHFmK
http://pastebin.com/qPhgHFmK
Template for next bread
>>
If I can only score an option 4 contract for Airborne how likely am I to be able to drop a packet for RASP once I complete AIT? Assuming I have my PT 280+
68W here
>>
>>28471736
I was lucky enough to get space ops 3 days after signing up. Basic on Feb. 2nd
>>
>>28477125
my AF recruiter has a list of % to book, 1C631, space ops, has .18% currently. you're crazy lucky bro, congrats.
>>
>>28477125
Airman here, 2T2X1

You feel like you're ready for Basic yet, soon-to-be-trainee?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.