[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw I purposely refer to Marines by the generic term "army"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: a53.jpg (75 KB, 737x758) Image search: [Google]
a53.jpg
75 KB, 737x758
>mfw I purposely refer to Marines by the generic term "army" just to piss them off because they think they have special snowflake status
>>
except they're technically part of the navy, so your smug self-superiority just makes you look like an idiot
>>
>>28460279

Aren't they their own branch?
>>
>>28460285
nope, it's been part of the navy since 1834
>>
>>28460265
It just shows that you know nothing about the military. Army isn't even a generic term. Other countries have Marine Corps also. Calling a marine a soldier would be the same as calling a sailor or airman a soldier.
>>
>>28460265
Just laff and point out they will never be Adeptus Astartes.

If you want to troll them call them soldiers, nigger.
>>
Just call them what they are OP expendable garbage
>>
>>28460309
>Calling a marine a soldier would be the same as calling a sailor or airman a soldier.

Maybe to an autist.

"Army" means "army". Land force. Why should Marines who fight on land be given special terms when parachutists in the airborne are just "soldiers"?
>>
>>28460317
>If you want to troll them call them soldier

Yeah this too.
>>
>>28460265
Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus recently sent a memo to Marine Commandant Gen. Robert Neller directing him to review the Marine Corp’s position titles to ensure their gender neutrality.
Mabus told Neller to drop the term “man” from position titles so that they become gender integrated by the deadline of April 1, according to the Marine Corps Times.

“As we achieve full integration of the force … this is an opportunity to update the position titles and descriptions themselves to demonstrate through this language that women are included in these MOSs,” Mabus wrote in the Jan. 1 memo. “Please review the position titles throughout the Marine Corps and ensure that they are gender-integrated as well, removing ‘man’ from the titles and provide a report to me as soon as is practicable and no later than April 1, 2016.”
But Navy official who spoke anonymously the the Marine Corps Times claimed that Mabus does not want position titles like “infantryman” and “rifleman” to be altered but instead intends to change titles where “man” exists as a separate word.
>>
>>28460932
Why can he not tack on a notation indicating that from here on, "man" is synonymous with "person" when part of a title, and not indicative of gender?

Like change the definition of the word instead of rewriting all instances of it.
>>
>>28460544
Because is the US the army is a separate branch from the navy and marines.

They do fight on land but they're original role is an amphibious force, that's why they were primarily the Pacific theatre.
>>
>>28460955
why not keep women out of combat MOS's they aren't qualified to be in instead? Problem solved.
>inb4 REEEEEEE a 96lb girl who can do 10 pushups and a pullup will totally be an effective squad machine gunner!
>>
>>28460989

To the general population not just in the US but around the world a land fighting force is "army" (notice the small 'a') and anyone in the military is a "soldier". When they say "bring our soldiers home" they're not just referring to the Army branch. Hope that clears things up.
>>
>>28461380
And the general population doesn't know dick about the military. Not sure what point you're trying to make here.
>>
>>28460300
>>28460285
The United States Marine Corps is its own branch, however it's a Department of the Navy.
>>
>>28461494

My point is there's no point in expecting them to conform to your asinine special snowflake definitions that are mostly the result of bureaucracy when broad generalizations work. I know this analogy might be a bit out of your field but it's as asinine as the freetards expecting everyone to say instead of Linux, GNU/Linux or even worse, "GNU+Linux". Or expecting people to differentiate between death metal and grindcore when it's all just "screaming and blastbeat music" to them and they're mostly right.
>>
>>28460955
That is literally how the English language already works. Man is already a substitute for human. That fact is itself a massive troll on feminazis everywhere.
>>
>>28461520
This×1000
>>
>>28461520
Totally, I saw a cop the other day and said "What's up firefighter?" I'm they're all public servants so what's the difference?
>>
>>28461631
Firefighters don't do the same job as police officers.
All law enforcement officers are cops though.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.