[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/, are heroes a realistic possibility? I don't mean Superman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Deathstroke.jpg (124 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Deathstroke.jpg
124 KB, 1024x576
/k/, are heroes a realistic possibility? I don't mean Superman shit or anything like that, but humans using real technology and skill sets. Is it possible but not feasible given the intensity of the physical, intellectual, and skill requirements needed?

From my perspective, most cities aren't suitable for guys like Batman to be jumping building-to-building. Most buildings are way too spaced out, cities are too lit up, and there's rarely and secluded areas. Not only that, but finding active crime seems extremely difficult and on-demand responses to many things are impossible in many situations (police often show up after the fact and have the availability of vehicles).

That said, if you were hypothetically good enough, could you become a hero? What about a villain?
>>
Probably wouldn't be able to stop crimes in progress. But you could target known criminals for some vigilante operations.
>>
File: tim.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
tim.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>could you become a hero? What about a villain?

Some men become both.
>>
What the fuck is with that OP image
Why is he aiming with his missing eye?
>>
If vigilantism became legal you know I would.
Probably would want a bro with me though since tactics n shit.
>>
>>28459141
I've considered freelance vigilantism in Mexico with my military friend (both servicemen). I think if a lot of terrorist groups put their minds to it, they could definitely become way more dangerous.

If a person wanted to work solo, what would that look like? Would it be possible without being caught to orchestrate one-man military operations, social engineering, ect. without being caught?
>>
>>28459135
Deathstroke is actually superhuman in strength, agility, and whatever amount of uncanny coordination the plot demands, which has included precise hip-firing and blind-firing

I'd assume that posture is to reduce recoil rather than to aim properly
>>
No, real life doesn't define heroes and villains like infantile capeshit you're reading to indulge your immature sense of justice.
Collective vigilantism ultimately becomes just another form of organised crime, just watch Cartel Land or look at those subhuman inbreds from Oregon ranch.
Individual vigilanitsm? Characters like Charles Bronson from Death Wish is the ceiling of that type in modern megapolis. Anyhting more than taking on street thugs requires higher level of training, experience, equipment and invesitgation work, all of which would immediately put on on the radar of professional law enforcement.

Bottom line, vigilantes are just the syptom of failing institutions, part of the problem instead of the solution to it.
>>
Only a bored richfag like Bruce Wayne could be a hero, everybody else has to get paid for that shit.
>>
>>28459218

Have fun getting your head cut off.
>>
>>28461317
>pretentiousness
>the post

Everybody knows that capeshit is infantile and that real world justice is more complicated. Pretending that you are educating someone to this fact is infantile. And in the world we lived in is it surprising that people seek escapism into black and white, simple justice?

>>28459089
Anyway to answer the OP, yes, it is possible. But the sheer amout of time and resources required is unreal. My friend and I have often talked about robbing a known heroin dealer that lives in our city. But this is just two guys and it already turning into what the anon above mentioned. Criminal actions, two wrongs don't make a right, etc, etc.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.