[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I join the military?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: bored.gif (351 KB, 263x239) Image search: [Google]
bored.gif
351 KB, 263x239
Im an 18 yo Canadian that wants to join the army specifically (regular infantry) and would like to know from real military men if joining is worth it or not thanks.
>>
Are you going reg or res?

The environment in reg infantry is far more professional compared to res. Weekend warriors tend to be immature as hell. Trust me, I know... I was in res.

Reg is far more competitive - so although it's not impossible to join when you're 18... you better have a competitive application or you won't be selected.

Is it worth it? Only you can answer that. I know some young kids who "tried" infantry in res then moved onto reg after many years.
>>
Don't go combat arms, do a trade that will actually get you skills for your life out of the military if you don't want to be condemned to being a security guard
>>
>>28457231
Thanks anon good shit
>>
File: 1435432713506.jpg (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1435432713506.jpg
1 MB, 5000x5000
>>28457275
When will this meme die?
>>
>>28456913
If you seriously have to look to a formosan rock carving forum to make life decisions, then the answer should be no...
>>
>>28458062
Woah there friend just wanted another opinion from someone with no reason to hold anything back, is all im not only listening to the people that came to my thread to help out but thanks for your concern.
>>
>>28457231
Funny, when I was Infantry, the Reservists were just as qualified and professional, usually. They just enjoyed it a lot more. It was fun for them, the grind never wore them down as much. And I know plenty of guys who started in the Reserves and moved to Reg.
>>
>>28458046
Never. POGs need an excuse for being pussies.
>>
>>28458323

There are definitely qualified and professional reservists. I've known some who preform at such a high level that they simply don't belong at a part time gig.

But, from my experience, the culture at infantry reserve units (at least at the Pte/Cpl level) is extreme toxicity. Some reservists that I have met are slack-jawed brutes who do not have the mental maturity to operate any weapons system.
>>
File: 1432820396664.jpg (29 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1432820396664.jpg
29 KB, 300x250
>>28457231
"tried" infantry in res then moved onto reg
How common is this? I was told the process is quite frigged, with the possibility of losing rank.
>>28458564
>the culture at infantry reserve units is extreme toxicity.
Can you expand on this please? I'm enrolling next week, and the only exposure i've had are other recruits, CFRC, and the recruiter.
>>
Every man with some self respect should have military background, some people will probably bitch about it being peace time but there's nothing we can do about that just do it anyway.
>>
>>28459770

Yes, it can take up to 3 years for someone to be transferred from res to reg. From what I've heard, you don't lose rank if your initial training is/was reg force equivalent. Other factors could be relevant. Although it can take up to 3 years, 14 months is the usually time frame.

I'm not sure how I can expand on what I originally said. Reg force is simply a more professional environment.
>>
>>28457275
This. Security guard here. It's a shit life mane
Will probably commit sudoku at some point if I don't get a better job
>>
File: 1442897357052.jpg (78 KB, 601x595) Image search: [Google]
1442897357052.jpg
78 KB, 601x595
>>28459827
>mfw cerebral palsy
JUST
>>
>>28459827
too bad I have type 1 diabetes
guess I'm not worthy of being a man
>>
Doesn't /meg/ exist?
>>
>>28459827

Thanks for the info, Uncle Sam. I'm gonna go straight to the nearest recruiter at the crack of dawn.
>>
>>28456913
Just finished my bmq and start my battle school soon.If you chose to join and get infantry you will most likely get a 3 year contract.If you don't like it than you can ride out your contract and you will be out by 21.If you like it you can stay with it.
>>
>>28460206
Isriale finds jobs for the blind in the army im sure they can put you to use in some office.
>>
>>28460165
>I'm not sure how I can expand on what I originally said. Reg force is simply a more professional environment.
How is the reserve environment toxic?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.