[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /k/ I'm a noguns central slav but I need your advice.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Hello /k/ I'm a noguns central slav but I need your advice.

With all this political crap going on my father persuaded my mom (she's a retired judge) to finally get gun license and apparently he's buying a gun.

Only he's sort of a germanboo (he has huge Wehrmacht and Luftwaffe assburgers watches these ww2 documentaries all the damned time) and he's now dead set on buying a fucking walther p38

I initially fucking laughed at him but I see the germans kept making these pistols until 2004 so there's something to it.

I also told him to go to the gun range but he's like durr I shot more pistols in the army 40 years ago (he's 70 but in great shape, no health problems at all) than you've seen tits kid

TL;DR slav father wants walther p38, how retarded this is and what do I recommend him instead, probably has to be a german gun
>>
pretty much the same as a beretta 92
>>
>>28452967
>slav father wants walther P38

I don't see the problem.
>>
>>28452967
you mean walther p1?
cheap
reliable
single stack and heel relase but apart from that
better than nothing

on the other hand, show him walther pp
>>
>>28452967
It's not the cheapest or most practical but other than being single stack it is apparently pretty good. Its not a bad gun just somewhat outdated.

No idea what the going rate is but I've seen them for about $800 and have been thinking about one myself just for shits and giggles.
>>
Well I'm glad the gun isn't complete shite

Any noob advice for someone who wants to get a gun for self defense? My key gripe with the whole harebrained idea is that despite the fact my dad is a sprightly 70 year old he's not a young man anymore and I honestly don't see him shooting someone in the face and I kinda believe that if you're not gonna use a gun properly you're best not drawing it at all. They live in a neighbourhood where violence just doesn't happen but with all that shit going on in a couple years it just might get bad.

He's probably just gonna get it and feel good about himself and pull it out every couple months and take it apart but just in case since he's so serious about this shit (he's talked about it for years, also he had a friend in america who was into guns and that guy impressed him) I want him to approach it properly.
>>
>>28452967
As long as you don't plan to shoot hollow point, it's a great gun.
>>
>>28452967
What country?
>>
>>28453126

A seventy year old man doesn't have a gun to win a gun fight, he has a gun to win a fist fight. The real problem is slimes attack in packs, I'd want more than eight rounds myself. A Glock 19 is my suggestion because that's what I own myself. Austria is almost Germany.
>>
>>28452967
>and he's now dead
You have my condescents.
>>
>>28452967
Tell him to get a Beretta; it's the same exact action, but it has more after market parts, even where you are, so it will be significantly cheaper to maintain. Be sure to mention that the Beretta has an equivalent accuracy tolerance to a P38, due to how long Beretta has had to work out kinks, and improve the manufacturing process.
>>
better than nothing
but

my friend has one and it blows dick, certain types of ammo get stuck in the mag, constant stovepipe fte, inaccurate, heel release mag, pig disgusting parkerized finish

your dad can probably find a better one but my limited experience turned me off to those things years ago.
>>
>>28452967
I have a P1 and I love it, no problems even once.
>>
>>28460366
How does it handle hollow points?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.