[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /k/, just applied for my foid card after reading about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: piersbuttchin.jpg (19 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
piersbuttchin.jpg
19 KB, 400x300
Hello /k/, just applied for my foid card after reading about all the fucked up shit going on.

What's the best online gun vendor? Can I use Amazon Prime? I'm hoping to eventually get my concealed carry so I'd be looking for a handgun, perhaps a glock.

pic not related piers hates guns
>>
>>28449290
>gun vendor
>amazon prime
>>
>>28449302
it was a joke

did you laugh?
>>
File: 1433194233278.jpg (11 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
1433194233278.jpg
11 KB, 209x241
>>28449290
> foid
> concealed carry
Your from Chicago aren't you?
>>
>>28449308
Not him, but I laughed.

If you buy a gun online it still has to be shipped to your local FFL. So you might as well check out what they have is stock before you buy online.
>>
>>28449335
>Anyone with a FOID or CCL in Illinois is from Chicago
>Nothing else exists to people but Chicago
>Going through that long explanation of how you're not from Chicago but give up and tell people you're from Chicago because fuck it
>Most people don't realize how red Illinois actually is because of Chicago

I want off this ride.

Also OP start with your NRA basic pistol course to get 8 hours for your carry license and some idea of what you want in a fun. Also don't buy in Cook County with their ammo tax & firearm tax.
>>
>>28449290
I've done business with Bud's and AIM Surplus, positive experiences from both companies. If you order a gun online it will have to be shipped to your local FFL dealer, who will have you fill out a Form 4473, and conduct a NICS background check on you. Your state may have a waiting period. You can not use Amazon Prime, Amazon doesn't have a FFL, and doesn't sell guns or ammo. You can get cheap holsters and things like that from Amazon and eBay though.

As for choice of handgun for conceaked carry, literally any single stack 9mm will do. Go to a local gun shop, shop around, hold various guns and get a feel for the ones that fit your hand well. If at all possible, rent a few you like and get the one you shoot the best.

Here's a list of single stack 9mm's that may fit the bill for you, this isn't exhaustive of your options though: Beretta Nano, Glock 43, S&W Shield, Walther CCP, Kahr CM9, Ruger LC9, Kel-Tec PM-9.

Please note that a subcompact of even a compact isn't really optimal for a first handgun, you really should start with a full size, but my first handgun was a single stack 9mm and I turned out fine.
>>
>>28449378
That's pretty much how us Califags feel.
>>
>>28449378
Let's be honest. Chicago is Illinois. The ENTIRE state wanted a republican governor except Chicago and the rest of the state only barely won.

Sorry, it's just the way it is.
>>
>>28449335
Smart guy

>>28449378
I know exactly how you feel

>>28449379
Great advice, thank you

>>28449480
It's the only part that matters really
>>
File: sadcurry.jpg (91 KB, 416x326) Image search: [Google]
sadcurry.jpg
91 KB, 416x326
>>28449335
>tfw when you thought every state had this

I need to leave this state
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.