[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ why does nobody discuss Springfield? I CCW a full size XDM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (779 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
779 KB, 3000x2000
/k/ why does nobody discuss Springfield? I CCW a full size XDM 9mm because 19+1 rounds is better than a meme11 low cap
>>
>>28444233
>>
File: 1451879250245.jpg (61 KB, 509x509) Image search: [Google]
1451879250245.jpg
61 KB, 509x509
>>28444233
>/k/ why does nobody discuss Springfield? I CCW a full size XDM 9mm because 19+1 rounds is better than a meme11 low cap

Just dropping by to let you know that you're a retard.
>>
>>28444233
I dont know either.
They seem pretty popular.
>>
>>28444233
they seem to be pretty solid guns. they seem to all ways pop up whenever we have a thread about 45 super or 9mm +p+.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>28444233
I have an XD45 and love it, I'm also considering a Mod 2 in 9mm for cc
>>
>>28444233

The capacity is nice but it offers no improvements otherwise from a Glock or M&P. The grips and triggers on either of those two alone shit on the xd. If you really want that much capacity buy baseplates for a better gun. It will end up the same length anyways.
>>
I bought an XD9 Tactical as my first gun because I was a little babby /k/ommando and thought the grip safety was a good replacement for a manual safety. I had that noob feeling of needing a safety to feel safe. Now I'm comfortable enough handling guns that I get why the Glock has none of that shit but I'm okay with my XD. Same idea with the striker indicator and chamber indicator. I thought those were nice "incase you forget" but now I'm of the mind set of "why the fuck would you forget something as important as your chamber being loaded and/or is you gun cocked?" but it's fine. As far as plastic wonder nines go, can't go wrong with and from the trinity of Glock, M&P and XD. Don't do something stupid and buy the Ruger Americunt or whatever.
>>
>>28444271
>>28444398
What is a shoulder Shoulder Holster?
>>
>>28445770
That mimics a Glock to such a degree that it's not even funny.
>>
>>28449168
OP here. I actually IWB it
>>
>>28445770
>grip zone
>>
>>28444233
'Cause it's just like every other striker fired firearm but worse.
It has a worse trigger than a Glock, but no aftermarket.
It's got the trigger safety AND a grip safety, plus apparently (and correct me if I'm wrong) some of them come with manual safeties as well.
Screw em.

It's the only thing worse than an SR-9.
>>
>>28449670
Standard XD doesn't have the grip zone text, and you can get the sandpaper grip decals to cover that
>>28449174
It doesn't though, the only thing it has in common is that they are half polymer
>>
File: bigone.jpg (24 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
bigone.jpg
24 KB, 600x600
>>28444233

Nothing wrong with the XD; it's well built and reliable but it may not sit well with some people's preferences.

The sure fire way to troll /k/ is to mention the Springfield XD to a bunch of arm chair commandos and they'll defend their beloved Glock from the annual Call of Duty game they've pre-ordered with the money from their 12th birthday.
>>
>>28444233
people do, its just that
>not everyone likes grip safeties, I don't mind them but others do
>theyre expensive for what they are, just because it has a Springfield logo on the side
>when the smaller ones came out they have some issues, this was when competition against glocks and the race for the pocket 9mm was on and this stumble made them bad in some people eyes
>again, it really came around when glocks started being copied. for a while it was the XD, the m&p and the glock. now theres about a dozen others and it took a back seat
>personally I find all the serrations ugly
>>
>>28451225
I haven't really followed call of duty since mw2, but a quick look on the cod wiki shows glocks appear in only 3 games and only the 18 is usable.
>>
I use an XDs 9 for my EDC.

The grip texture triggers some autists on /k/, but it's a fine pistol.
>>
>>28445784
The grips and triggers are subjective.

The improvements are about the same. Some people like the idea of a grip safety which is often massively overblown. The stock sights, flat front strap, slide cuts etc appeal to some people. The same reason every other poly pistol exists, slight variations that other people may prefer so mentioning what one does better than the other is nearly pointless
>>
>>28449685
The Glock and M&P are both offered with manual safeties and while the XD line doesn't have a massively retarded market like Glock , it has one large enough to provide about anything you could reasonably need.

Every time I see someone bashing XDs it's like they made it a personal goal to hate them just for the sake of it
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.