[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it safe for me to take my firearms out to sea on a boat like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: innaboat.jpg (86 KB, 900x1125) Image search: [Google]
innaboat.jpg
86 KB, 900x1125
Is it safe for me to take my firearms out to sea on a boat like this?
>>
>>28442867

No, you'll have a terrible accident and lose them.
>>
>>28442872
This, OP. If any federal agents come to confiscate your guns, you'd have nothing to give them.

That would make them sad.
>>
how corrupt it is, we have to go to an unrelated board to talk about the most gun related happening in the past few years.
>>
>>28442867
Sea? Yes. Most ports in the world? No
Most countries will imprison you if they find firearms aboard when you make port.
I used to keep a rusty $50 12 gauge aboard my boat for pirates. If I had to make port in an unfriendly country, I could chunk it overboard.
>>
>>28442867
No, the ocean is a gun-sucking magnet. Poseidon will claim them as his own.
>>
>>28442916
>pirates
Those guys have AKs and RPGs man
>>
>>28443100
LOOK AT ME
>>
>>28442920
This.
>>
>>28443100
If you're off the coast of somalia, maybe. But most of the time you'll be seeing knives rather than guns.
Also pirates are generally pussies anyway. Couple shots across the bow will deter most of them.
>>
>>28443133
IM THE CAPTAIN NOW
>>
Yeah, makes me wonder. I was at the Bahamas recently reminiscing about a possible mother base I could buy off an island, and while I was talking to the guy all I could see around us were these GIANT, WHITE, COC-, erm, yachts. It made me wonder if many of them kept something on board to protect their multi million dollar investments...
>>
>>28442867
Depends if you wanna be assraped for smuggling weapons into a country. If you made them on the sea they would have to be left on the sea.
>>
>>28448782
Most of the yachts are just retired old fuds who never actually sail. That's why when the baby boomers die off slip rates and boat prices are gonna plummet.
>>
>>28442867
This reminds of a book I couldn't remember for the book thread, "The island" by Peter Benchley. I think it's pretty damn /k/. Pirates, main character loves guns. Browning ma deuce gets used on pirates.
>>
>>28448837
Nope. When I was there a week ago I talked with a couple that were like 30. With them sailing from some Texas port, and hanging a trio of flags (A gadsend, Texan, and American.) I asked the same question posed earlier. They responded with, "Nope, we lost them at sea before we entered port. ;)" I then learned that they do something where they keep dive gear on board and recovered a box that has full autos below the 20ft of the Bahamian sea near a reef a few miles away from shore. When I asked why they had escalated to full autos they mentioned when they tried to use just a bolt against Haitian pirates that went after them when they loved to sail. Needless to say, they never were boarded again.
>>
File: Cutlass-0.jpg (13 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Cutlass-0.jpg
13 KB, 500x375
>>28443182

>Knives

Too poor to afford the classic weapon, eh? Recession must have hit em' hard.
>>
File: 1451886766097.png (205 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1451886766097.png
205 KB, 500x280
>>28448987
Lol and you believed them? there probably pirates themselves.
>>
>>28448782
If you can afford a yacht you have a paid crew, and paid crews are your personal defence. If you believed to be at risk you could easily afford one or two guards with weapons and the cost to replace them if they're chucked overboard before making port. It's literally peanuts compared to the costs of running a yacht, the "parking space" alone costs easily in the 3k-4k per day range in most respectable "rich yacht people" ports.
>>
>>28442867
Yes, Most countries allow you to enter with firearms on a boat, you just have to declare them, some countries require you to keep them locked up in a sealed container of some sort. Others have the police hold them for you until you're ready to clear out. Source "World Cruising Guide" by Jimmy Cornell.
>>
File: fishingfloats_1_000.jpg (76 KB, 470x262) Image search: [Google]
fishingfloats_1_000.jpg
76 KB, 470x262
>>28442867
The ATF has summoned Poseidon to patrol the oceans in search of people with guns.

>>28448987
The mobsters use to do this with glass fishing buoys for smuggling alcohol. They would wait for the water to warm up to lift the alcohol up. It's pretty interesting.

The question is, would law enforcement just assume your smuggling if you did this outside of their jurisdiction?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.