[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok I want a carry gun in .45. I was thinking about the glock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: para-elite-carry-661x496.jpg (66 KB, 661x496) Image search: [Google]
para-elite-carry-661x496.jpg
66 KB, 661x496
Ok I want a carry gun in .45. I was thinking about the glock 30 but it's a double stack and really wide. But this Para Elite Carry is a single stack and is obviously thinner. So what does /k/ think?
>>
>>28441803
its not 1911s being thin guns is a lie
it might have been thin up untill the 90s but modern guns shit all over it in terms of thickness
>>
>>28441827
Like what exactly?
My friends para is just as thin as my shield.
I'm just looking for people that might own a compact 1911 or a glock 30 that have experience with them.
>>
>>28441957
you say its thin right? well the slide is but the grip isnt
if youve got standard grips the thickest point is roughly the same as the grips of a glock 17
its just that in your hands the grip is more oval than rectangular
>>
>>28442029
Yeah but if you're carrying iwb that's the most important part
>>
>>28441803
just get a G30S and be done with it, you faggot!
>>
My 1911 doesn't stick out at all.

I'm 5'9" and 165lbs of manlet.

Go for a commander model and stay away from 3" barrels as 1911s were not meant for it.
>>
Go for it. Just be sure to use ball ammo and not jhp.
>>
>>28442075
Have you seen a lot of the 3" models fail?
I just don't understand how they would be any less reliable because I would imagine all the guts would be the same other than just a shorter barrel and slide.
>>
>>28442117
It's all about the springs and mechanisms. A 1911 was not meant to be that small.

If you want a tiny 1911 you should look into Sig 238/938s but those are .380/9mm.
>>
I carried a Springfield Loaded Gov't profile 1911 for a long time before I got a lighter carry gun.

1911s do carry well if you have the right gear and clothes, though I'll give you a little word-of-mouth warning. Current school of thought is that officer and commander 1911s tend to have reliability issues.

On top of that, officer-sized 1911s have fucking tard strength recoil springs. They are not fun to deal with, in my opinion. Recoil of a .45 ACP in a package that small would be unpleasant.

Some people swear by officer-sized 1911s, some people don't. Personally, I'm not a huge fan. They don't tick the boxes I need them to for my carry needs, so I carry a Gov't profile when I want to pay tribute to St. Browning, otherwise I carry something else.
>>
File: Defender.jpg (655 KB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
Defender.jpg
655 KB, 4000x3000
>>28442117
Colt Defender works fine. If you're going to get a small 1911 at all I highly recommend sticking to those. They're in 9x19 and .45, and are fantastic.
>>
Just get a G30S.

Compact 1911's are a pain to deal with.
>>
>>28442163
How many rounds do you have through yours and any failures of any kind?
>>
>>28442177
10 rounds of .45 is pretty decent in a conceal carry too
>>
>>28442069
We are all faggots here friend
>>
>>28442117

>I just don't understand how they would be any less reliable because I would imagine all the guts would be the same other than just a shorter barrel and slide.

1911 fag here.
When you shorten the slide, it increases the speed at which the gun cycles.
Reducing the amount of time a round has to feed naturally leads to feeding issues.

What you have to do is modify the design to slow down the cycling speed.
Stiffer hammer springs and recoil springs, oversized firing pin stops, ect. can do this.

Basically, it CAN be done right. It's just that not everyone takes the time to do so.
>>
>>28442187
We've definitely used more than 2k through it but I'm trying to remember if we're on the 3rd case of 1000 or the 4th. And we've had two, same day, wife was limp wristing hard.

Mostly ball of course, but we've put speer gold dots and federal HSTs through it and she carries it with the HSTs
>>
>>28442237
Cool thanks for getting back, I'll definetely check those out.
>>
>>28441803
If you want a glock that's a 45 acp and single stack, get a glock 36
>>
File: G30SF vs G19.jpg (1 MB, 2076x1300) Image search: [Google]
G30SF vs G19.jpg
1 MB, 2076x1300
>>28441803
Also OP, on the Glawk30 if you have a G19 you can reference, they're basically the same size, the 30 has a barely shorter slide.
I need all the thinness that I can get, because I eat too many ameriburgers and my shirt isn't the desired looseness around my belt. So there's no way in hell I could do any of the doublestacked glocks. but the 1911 isn't the thinnest thing ever either. the pointyness of the end of the grip/floorplate would probably be a malfunction when printing with me if I carried the defender.
>>
>>28442234
That makes sense, thanks for the input.
>>
I kinda get what all you guys are saying. I guess I just wanted a smaller 1911 for weight but at the end of the day you really aren't saving much weight vs the reliability you're losing. And with the glock you're getting awesome reliability. When you shoot a glock 30 is it fun or like getting a 7 year old to hit you in the hand with a ball peen hammer?
>>
>>28441803
ive been caring a llama 3 for a few years now its been honestly the most reliable gun i have carried in the auto family but if you get a shortened 1911 id opt for a spring upgrade to help cycling
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.