[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happens if you run out of MREs/water while on deployment?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 1372478711701.jpg (226 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1372478711701.jpg
226 KB, 1024x768
What happens if you run out of MREs/water while on deployment? Do you have to go out and buy or scavenge your own food/water?
>>
>>28441586
You call in a resupply and the military ferries it in via chopper.
>>
>>28441592
Is there a situation where either the military doesn't have enough food to send out, or the battallion officer doesn't like you and refuses the resupply request?
>>
>>28441610
Nope, they have MREs stockpiled for deployment for years to come. Most are good for 5+ years when stored properly. The military just keeps them around for when they're needed, they won't run out.

If your battalion officer does that, they won't be a battalion officer for long. It's a simple matter of when you're going out on something that will keep you from base for long enough to warrant having meals with you, you just get them from supply before the mission's start.
>>
File: Zd8cdO3.jpg (365 KB, 2047x1334) Image search: [Google]
Zd8cdO3.jpg
365 KB, 2047x1334
>>28441586
>>28441610

you call Burgerking and bitch to the manager. It's (2016) war is a corporate, economic-political phenomena. Are you sure you even know how modern warfare is fought? Have you seen what a modern military base, or FOB looks like?
>>
>>28441698

>Have you seen what a modern military base, or FOB looks like?

Seeing as how he is asking this question I think it is safe to assume he has never served.

Some friend probably told him a bullshit story about not eating for days or something and he is trying to confirm whether that is possible... calm down.

I once met this ~19 year old female Marine on a plane and was playing dumb while talking to her. She talked about how hard it was being in KANDAHAR in 2014, how they sometimes had to go days without eating. There are definitely faggots out there making up stories.
>>
>>28441741
But did u hit it?
>>
>>28441754

Nope, my wife isn't into blondes.
>>
>>28441586
FOB life fucking rocks with contractor DFACs, and plentiful pallets of bottled water everywhere.

Anyone else who says otherwise is a fucking liar (at least for OIF).

COP life can have you living off of MREs/ cereal boxes/muffins/danishes. We never ran out of water, always resupplied before any scares.

If you are lucky you get some cooks attached to your COP, and those guys fucking rock (I will never bash cooks).
>>
>>28441586
In iraq we caught doves and grilled them. Caught some shitty fish too with one of those extendo reels. Also liberated iraqi tortillas at every chance. Would eat dates that were pilled up in peoples yards. Never had a shortage of mres tho
>>
>>28441940
>eating dates
>eating time

wat
>>
>>28441940
Where were you? The MPs poped a couple of antelope on North Vic a few times. I never had to resort to eating the local wildlife but did clear out the local PXs in 04 when haji kept putting RPG rounds through the refer trucks coming in.
>>
>>28442426
We had a device called a rhino that would allow us to consume time and space
>>
>>28441586

You goto the Army base and stuff as many honey buns, cokes, and other pogey bait you can get your hands on.

My 1st Sgt stold a coke from me once, I called him a dickhead and he just grinned and walked away.
>>
>>28442485
Mahmudiya, yusafiya and nw of baghdad idk what the area was call al jillani or some shit close to anbar. Never in fobs always in sandbag fort patrol bases or some hajis house we took over
>>
Your platoon sergeant tells you to take your squad in the middle of the night to go steal crates of MREs and bottled water from the overfunded Chair Force.
>>
>>28442500
Holy shit muhmadiyah? When? Like what year? I was contracting on Muhmadiyah for a few months.
>>
>>28442511
2006 attached to 10th mtn
>>
>>28442524
Small fucking world thats about when I was there. Let me see if Im thinkjng of the right place. Muhmadiyah had a couple of heli pads on it with some IA hinds didnt it?
>>
>>28442539
Sounds about right. Didnt live there just went to take showers and eat chow at the 10th mtn pog defac. Lived in abandoned water purification facility in euphrates close to a russian built power plant
>>
>>28441586

My friend's grandpa, who was in France during WW2, used to tell me a story about how he was sent to barter for cows from a French farmer.
>>
>>28442563
On euphrates , not in
>>
>>28442566
Did he bring his deadly pump 22lr rifle?
>>
>>28442563
Holy shit! Ok so I did the layout of the DFAC. You know the river then power plant then there was some latrine units just past it? I lived in a conex there for a few weeks while doing a site survey. Did you ever go out to the UXO yard past the IA barracks? Fucking hell there was shit layong everywhere out there.
>>
>>28442593
I remember some eod dudes showing us a bunch of shit and being like stay away from everything that looks like this shit but i dont know if its what your talking about
>>
>>28442426
They're a fruit. Look them up. Neglet door and medjool are my favorite.
>>
>>28441592
would amazon dronedrop you food if you ordered online
>>
>>28441940
Holy shit, I thought the only people that did that kind of thing was interpreters, and then just to mess with us.

The warnings they would give were epic, if nothing else then because the WTF factor.

"Never eat fish out of (the Euphrates) it will give you the shits forever."

Way more fun then them just talking about how they used to have safe water, reliable electricity and less shia nutcases trying to murder everyone.
>>
>>28442747

I was told not to eat the Iraqi food or I'd get the shits.

Went on patrol for CO to meet local sheik. When I went to pack an MRE my squadleader said don't bother, Wed only be gone an hour or so. He literally black hawk downed me, "Ammo dude, bring ammo".

8 fucking hours later pulling security on a roof some hajji brought us some kebabs, peppers, and pita bread. Shit was GOAT and never got sick at all.
>>
File: 1449098827100.jpg (69 KB, 661x521) Image search: [Google]
1449098827100.jpg
69 KB, 661x521
>>28442703
>Amazon APO/FPO-Drone
>25K in omaha steaks
>A grayed out Little bird with a pallet of frozen goodies appears on the horizon
>Marines being the fucktards they are don't into fire because DA CORPS DIN TEACHED US
>End up using them as frisbees to win the hearts and minds of Hajis
>>
>>28442747
We bought some turkeys off haji for thanksgiving too and made pens out of hescos barriers to put them in. A we butcherd them the best we could and a e6 from saipan cooked them.
>>
>>28441698

This.

> I'd know, I've been to many big and small bases, if its not an outpost its chushy.
>>
>>28442426

I have no problem believing that this was a serious post.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.