[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I could get a Mossberg Maverick Model 91 for pretty cheap. Anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Mossberg.jpg (21 KB, 682x421) Image search: [Google]
Mossberg.jpg
21 KB, 682x421
I could get a Mossberg Maverick Model 91 for pretty cheap. Anyone have experience of this kind of a pump action shotgun? Living in Finland so selection of firearms isn't that large.

Pic related, it's the shotgun I was thinking about.
>>
>>28440668
How cheap is cheap? The appeal of the Maverick 88 (effectively the same gun) over the Model 500 is price, $200 vs $350. That said, the Model 500 uses a tang safety, which some prefer, and is less prone to the stock (usually forend) breaking. New, the 500 also comes with three chokes, vs the Maverick's one.

What exactly is in the package in your case?
>>
>>28440668
Yes if the price is between 180-200then it aint cheap thats retail.
>>
>>28441220
>>28441613

Price is 220€ / 236.50$.

Like I said I live in Finland so unfortunately these don't come by every day. Not even every year. And the price level is cheap considering finnish standards.

Link to gun:

http://www.sissos.fi/tuote/mossberg-maverick-model-91-k%C3%A4ytetty-ase/33300373/

I only have the following information available:

Mossberg Maverick model 91

Ominaisuudet:

Caliberi: 12/89 / 3 ½" super magnum
Weapon type: Pump-action
Actio type code: 2 (finnish gun law bullshit)
Capasity: 1+6
Weight without gear: 3,4kg / 7.5 lbs
Total length: 123cm / 48"
Barrel length: 28"
Material: synthetic
The thing you can attach straps to are included
>>
>>28441766
go for it

i bought a shotgun in the US for $180 at walmart

an H&R pardner

so go for that shit, oh and long live finland or whatever you guys say
>>
>>28441766
out of curiosity how much more is an authentic mossberg in finland?
if its only a small difference try to get the legit mossberg
if you ever want to swap the forend furniture you will have to buy the whole pump assemblely for a 500 instead of just the forend
in America that shits only 30 bucks no big deal but in finland gun parts may be a pain in the ass to get
>>
>>28441914

Thanks /k/omrade.

Finland is going down. Fast.

>>28441955

What do you mean by authentic Mossberg?

>but in finland gun parts may be a pain in the ass to get

True. And almost nobody from USA ships anything gun or gear related here. I once tried to order knives,straight vinyl batons and handcuffs which are permit free here. Nobody wanted to ship them.
>>
>>28442260
If your are capable of correcting any issues on your own, such as a broken forend, you should be fine. That is honestly the only real issue with the Maverick, other than random shit that just happens like sight beads suddenly coming apart or the rib popping off.

Also, with the sling mounts and in 3.5 inch, it would be a good deal even in the US. The Mavericks here are mostly 3 inch and ship with one choke and not much else.
>>
>>28442585

I'm not much of a gunsmith but we have plenty of those here who are good and I have friends with some guns and knowledge who are willing to assist with repairs and finding parts. Thanks for your input!
>>
File: my mossy A500.jpg (944 KB, 2586x1233) Image search: [Google]
my mossy A500.jpg
944 KB, 2586x1233
>>28440668
Another Finnfag here. Mossbergs are very robust and simple shotties, and easily worth it.

I personally got a 500A pump a year ago, and it's been great.
>>
I actually just got a maverick, it drops live shells from under the extractor at an annoyingly regular rate. and as I bought it for home defense, I'm likely gonna see if I can trade it in towards something better. not saying you'd have the same problem with a 91, but it's something to keep in mind.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.