[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ What are the legal issues of driving a semi truck and possessing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 14520098978971843433106.jpg (121 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
14520098978971843433106.jpg
121 KB, 640x480
/k/

What are the legal issues of driving a semi truck and possessing a valid cpl?

If i cross state lines with my weapon can i get into trouble if i get pulled over? What about if i have to use my weapon? I did some research, but all i found was a report from a few years ago that said the feds don't really have am opinion. I just want top make sure the rules are the same for me as they are for everyone else.
Pic related. Is my carry piece.
>>
you'll need a ccw or equivalent in every state that you plan to carry in, if you want to do it legally.
>>
>>28437418
Even with the reciprocate laws?

My cpl is from Michigan. The only state i go to that doesn't recognize it is Illinois. In that case i leave it home.
>>
>>28437277
Keep it, carry it, use it when neccessary.

Regardless of how legal it is, you will end up incarcerated for a short amount of time after you defend yourself. That's our legal system, sucks but its better than being dead.
>>
Truck driver here, federal offense to have a firearm in a CMV
>>
>>28437453 op here
Can you cite the law? I'd like to read it and like i said I've been unable to find anything about it.
>>
>>28437444
Op here, that's what I'm trying to avoid.

Captcha commercial trucks
>>
>>28437277
I've carried across state lines. When I reach a state that doesn't reciprocate, I pack the CCW in the trunk unloaded.

But I'm not a truck driver so I'm not sure about the CMV rules.
>>
>>28437458
Well fuck me, my driving instructors lied. Looks like there is no clear cut federal law on it, so you need to know the laws in every state you drive through.
>>
>>28437491
>>28437528

So it sounds like i need to make some phone calls and figure it out.
>>
>>28437552
Finding specific laws regarding CMVs is a pain in the ass, even on the fmcsa's website, and phone calls aren't that much more reliable. Unless you're a lawyer and can sift through all the legal mumbo jumbo. Let me know if you find anything though, I always just assumed what they told me was correct
>>
>>28437552
http://askthetrucker.com/cdl-federal-gun-law/
>>
>>28437617
Op here, Just hung up with Michigan state police. They said I'm good as long as i follow the full disclosure laws and have my cpl on me. He also said to make sure i check the states in going to be traveling through to make sure they reciprocate.
>>
>>28437628
Op here, that's the report i mentioned before.
>>
>>28437277
Fuck off Rigby
>>
>>28437632
What will you do in states that don't reciprocate?
>>
>>28437669
I'm not rigby, fuck off yourself.
>>
>>28437675 op here
Illinois allows transport. Unloaded/packed away out of reach.

That's the only state i routinely go through that doesn't.
On occasion i go to new York, seems like the best idea is just to leave it home in that case.
>>
>>28437676
Jesus. Fuckin Rigby, man
>>
>>28437705 op here
Go back to /b/. Let the adults talk.
>>
>>28437721
>>28437721
Aw Rigby, ya made me chuckle.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 213x151) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 213x151
>>28437705
>>
>>28437528
You're just like my instructor, mouthed the same bullshit and couldn't back it up.
>>
File: folloewmeboys1blogspot.gif (80 KB, 400x319) Image search: [Google]
folloewmeboys1blogspot.gif
80 KB, 400x319
>>28437733
Come on thread, this way!
>>
>>28437743 op here
So he was misinformed. Big deal. That's why i asked about him citing the law.
>>
Ok /k/ op here, time for me to get to work. have a nice day, and i hope to talk to you about this more.
>>
>>28437743
If you'll go down 2 posts, you'll notice that I admitted my mistake.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.