[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brazilians Can Now Legally Own Firearms.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9
File: wounding_vectors.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
wounding_vectors.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
> The report creates instead the "Statute of the Firearms Control" and ensures that all citizens, aged 21, the right to keep and bear arms for self-defense and property

So /K/ how do you think this will turn out? Will it lower Brazils already huge crime rate, or will it have no affect?

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&nv=1&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.com.br&sl=pt-BR&u=http://www.reportermaceio.com.br/camara-de-deputados-aprova-uso-de-armas-para-todos-os-brasileiros/&usg=ALkJrhh-Bdw2S1Eyob5-xB6IhF-LspLFVA
>>
We're seeing a lot more anti-gun yet crime-ridden shitholes become more pro-gun.

First Puerto Rico, now Brazil. There have been things in the works on Mexico, but to no avail so far. It's a step in the right direction.
>>
Not sure how it will turn out but hopefully it helps fix their crime problem
>>
So not full America-tier but they can go through the steps and own legal firearms at least. Pretty cool
>>
>>28435666
Ohhhh fuck OP. This is the craziest news I've heard in a while. If this turns out to lower their crime rate gun grabbers will quite literally be BTFO
>>
With that google translate link I keep seeing the word "size" where there should be the word firearm or gun or something. It must a translation quirk, maybe local dialect
>>
>>28435717
There's no correlation either way. A violent population is going to stay violent, regardless of whether they have access to arms or not until something in their outlook changes.

"Determent" and "proliferation" are both equally bullshit.
>>
>>28435740
>there's no correlation
There is observable correlation between violent crime rate and firearms ownership, and it's quite easy to make a strong argument that there is causation between the two as well.
Kindly shut the fuck up
>>
>>28435756
There are violent shitholes with loose gun laws and violent shitholes with strict ones.

There are perfectly safe and prosperous cities with strict gun laws, and there are perfectly safe and prosperous cities with loose gun laws.

Ergo, access to arms is not a factor. Something else is afoot.
>>
>>28435740

That's yet to be determined in Brazil's case. I certainly hope this DOES lower crime. It will be a useful model.
>>
>>28435791
Well, if it passes there's guaranteed to be fewer people arrested on charges of illegal firearms possession.

Whether Brazilians will stop being Brazilians is another matter entirely.
>>
File: 1451739543690.jpg (47 KB, 714x444) Image search: [Google]
1451739543690.jpg
47 KB, 714x444
>>28435756
>There is observable correlation between violent crime rate and firearms ownership
>>
File: 1451737996629.jpg (412 KB, 1434x1206) Image search: [Google]
1451737996629.jpg
412 KB, 1434x1206
>>28435756
>>28435808
>>
>>28435814
that seems like more of a correlation between violent crime rate and melanin
>>
File: 1446998537169.jpg (816 KB, 1800x2743) Image search: [Google]
1446998537169.jpg
816 KB, 1800x2743
>>28435814
>>28435808
>>
File: 1448226345130.png (117 KB, 1531x841) Image search: [Google]
1448226345130.png
117 KB, 1531x841
>>28435819
>>
Australia's gun crime went down when they lost their assault rifles and the united states is experiencing record mass shooting with one a day as gun sales hit record highs. The stats speak for themselves. Japan doesn't have a mass shooting problem either and France didn't until those jihads went to a state with lax gun control to get their weapons since Frances tight control kept guns out of their hands. Kinda off the terrorists had to get their stuff out of state
>>
>>28435854
We're not talking about gun crime you autist. We're talking about violent crime in general.

Like I said before, violent shitholes will remain violent shitholes until something happens to make the violent retards living there stop being violent retards.

Access to arms is totally unrelated.
>>
>>28435854
>Australia
>Assault rifles
>ONE MASS SHOOTING PER DAY

This is how I know you're trolling.
>>
>>28435854
>Australia's gun crime went down when they lost their assault rifles

[Citation needed

>united states is experiencing record mass shooting with one a day as gun sales hit record highs

[Citation needed]
>>
>>28435854
>is experiencing record mass shooting
No, it's not. Gun crime in the United States has dropped to 20 year lows. Lows that we have not seen in the US since 1970.

Where the FUCK are you getting this information from? Surely, it's not from the FBI. Because FBI records have it the lowest in 20 years, you dumb idiot.

This, while Gallup has reported a rise in gun ownership since lows in the late 1990s/ early 2000s.
>>
>>28435879

I'm >>28435877, but their GUN crime did indeed go down. Still a few drive-bys that never get looked at too hard now and then.
>>
>>28435854
>Assault rifles
No guns confirmed.
>record high mass shootings
This is pure bullshit, where the hell did you conjure this up?
>>
>>28435887
yeah but didn't their violent crime rate go up afterwards just like it did in britain?
>>
>>28435854
There were only 4 this year, and guess where?
Gun free zones.
>>
>>28435854
>until those jihads went to a state with lax gun control to get their weapons
Oh wait, the United States is right next to Mexico, a country with lax gun control, awash with guns mainly imported from Latin American militaries and a very porous border.

>record mass shootings
TWENTY-YEAR LOWS IN GUN CRIMES
>>
>>28435666
Got a better source op? Can't find this anywhere else, not even in the House of Representatives site
>>
>>28435887
>but their GUN crime did indeed go down

>have very low gun crime
>low gun ownership
>somewhat homogeneous population and low crime rates

>take all the guns away
>low GUN crime drops slightly

>other crime rises
>bikeys just make luteys in their garages and abbos buy them from boat people
>>
>>28435854
The United States has the same rate of multiple person shootings as the entirety of Western Europe. They don't have any record of anything. Gun crime (all crimes) in the US are at their lowest in 20 years. That's TWENTY. TWO, ZERO. TEN PLUS TEN. TWO TIMES TEN. FOUR TIMES FIVE. YEARS.
>>
>>28435854
>Reddit statistics
>Australia
>Assault rifles
>>
>>28435885
>This, while Gallup has reported a rise in gun ownership since lows in the late 1990s/ early 2000s.
Yep, in the past five years, gun ownership has gradually risen almost ten percent in polling to 41 percent. Pretty outstanding. And crime in the United States has been dropping every year at the same time.
>>
File: Screenshot-6_18_2015-9_43_12-PM.jpg (180 KB, 678x495) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-6_18_2015-9_43_12-PM.jpg
180 KB, 678x495
>>28435906
>The United States has the same rate of multiple person shootings as the entirety of Western Europe.

Our numbers are also fluffed because of bullshit non rampage shootings being counted

>tyrone shoots at jamal and derussel jamarcus on the playground at 4AM

Another mass shooting for the statistics!
>>
>>28435920
Can we get the data source to prove that the numbers are fluffed? I heard Everytown did something similar to lie about mass shootings. But if their numbers were true, we'd be hearing about them every day on the news, but there's only been 3 of them this year if I remember correctly.
>>
>>28435930
That's because for the liberals a cop shooting a nigger rapist means a mass shooting
>>
>>28435930
watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PXezJWmSOo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05PcDAxeOIU

watch these and spread them whenever you see people crying about an increase/mass amount of mass shootings
>>
>>28435920
Ima need some sauce on that, as well as what's classified as a "rampage shooting."
>>
>>28435948
http://www.ijreview.com/2015/12/348197-paris-attack-claim-mass-shootings/

http://archive.is/f4gbv
>>
>>28435854
>since France's tight control kept guns out of their hands.
HA HA HA HA
Seriously, you have no idea about what you're talking about.
France is rated 11th in terms of gun ownership per capita. Last time I checked it was the country with the biggest number of hunter compared to total population. Every time the police raids a drug joint they find cartel-grade arsenals. There are still caches of ww2/cold war weapons in some areas, and any french cop will tell you that he knows where to buy an AK.
But sure, permits and "tight control" keeps the weapons out the hands of criminals. We saw it at least at two occasions this year.
Just because the french media don't like to talk about the gun traffic problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's just that they hope to prevent panic in the population.
>>
>>28435854
>the united states is experiencing record mass shooting with one a day as gun sales hit record highs.

Talk about outright lies. Do you work for the Australian division of the Hillary Clinton campaign?
>>
>>28435953
>tfw you'll never find a bunker full of WW2 surplus
>>
>>28435960
I know first hand that the french army still have bunkers full of ww2 gear (which is a fucking miracle since they have a tendency to put everything to the torch as soon as it's decommissioned instead of selling it or putting it into museums)
But most caches are due to the communist resistance networks that hid their weapons after the liberation, so they could rise to help the Soviet Union if need be (one of the reasons France social welfare advanced so much in the fifties, btw. having an armed communist party at 24% helps in negociations).
Far right movements weren't as smart and were disarmed for the most part (and the remaining ones got busted during the Algeria war).
>>
File: 1448311254212.jpg (11 KB, 127x150) Image search: [Google]
1448311254212.jpg
11 KB, 127x150
>brazil

>firearms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9_YWNo1f-o
>>
>>28435989
Too bad if the french government finds them they'll be destroyed. I wouldn't mind owning a commie Berthier.
>>
>>28435995
Portuguese is such an ugly fucking language.
>>
>>28435989

It's nice that the commies have been eradicated, though.
>>
>>28435666

Wow! I'll be able to carry a gun EXCLUSIVELY within my own home! What a good day it is to be a BR!

I think this is all a huge cocktease, they still have to vote on the details of this new law, who can say that the current absurd ''home security'' requirements won't stay? Most importantly, what about the veto power of the army asshole who can deny your acquisition permit on completely arbitrary reasons? Will that go or stay? And what about the Federal Police, will they still be able to deny your carry permit application if you cite ''self-defense'' as a reason?

Another problem is the inaccessibility of firearms and ammo in this country, they are TOO FUCKING EXPENSIVE. R$2000-4000 (about 500-1000 USD) for a shitty Taurus .38SPL revolver? No thanks. 1,20 USD for one factory .380 ACP round? No thanks. How the fuck am I, a middle class student, going to train and practice the skills necessary to effectively carry a gun and defend myself with it if the costs associated with such training are prohibitive?

Even going to my gun club to practice is expensive. I have to pay R$2 (50 US cents) for each non-jacketed sloppily reloaded .380 round I fire. At least the glocks and Imbel guns eat those rounds like they're nothing, as for the Taurus semi-autos... you guys can already guess.
>>
>>28436050
Progress doesn't come all at once anon
>>
>>28436037
I thought the guy was speaking in an incomprehensible australian accent until I realized he wasn't speaking english.
>>
>>28436066

A fair point. I'm a pessimist, so let's hope I'm wrong.
>>
>>28436050
Make powder and primer out of match heads and bullets out of lead weights. Hope brass isn't expensive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gYPdNAp9Q0
>>
>>28436041
Cunt.
>>
>>28436050
>EXCLUSIVELY within my own home!
It's not amazing, but this little step allows citizens to dramatically improve their chances.

>thugs break into your house
Consider how this pans out versus having a gun in your house VS having no gun at all.

It's a step in the right direction.
>>
>>28435740
duh. it's not like guns make them forget all previous biases and experiences.
>>
>>28437616

The only step I've seen is the reduction of the age requirement, from 25 to 21. We still don't know about the rest of the important details.
>>
File: DSCF4470-1.jpg (47 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4470-1.jpg
47 KB, 640x480
Oh yeah, considering expense, this seems like an opportunity to introduce capguns to Brazil, you know, like the "technically not a handgun" like the Brits have.

It's a cheapo double-action frame, installed is a crane arm that takes detachable percussion cap cylinders.
The cylinder has 7 chambers, you load blackpowder in each chamber, then a .38 caliber conical lead bullet into each chamber, then carefully add a bit of grease in the chambers for sealing. Then you put a shotgun primer on the back of each chamber.

You slide the cylinder onto the crane arm, close it, and voila, you now have seven decently powered shots that can be deployed rapidly. It's not high-tec, and it's a bit goofy, but shooting it is not too expensive, and you can keep spare pre-loaded cylinders. In a life or death situation, it can make all the difference.

Blackpowder is dirty and smokey, so you'll have to clean it often when shooting it, but blackpowder is very cheap and puts very little stress onto even a shoddy Taurus .38 frame (though there are cleaner burning substitutes for normal blackpowder).
>>
Hm, now I guess Taurus has a native domestic market.

>Good on you, huehues. Step inna right direction.
>>
It might be tough the first few years as bunch of criminals get shot up and they start to learn it is much more difficult for them to pull shit

this will happen for a few years until all the idiots running around shooting first asking questions later die off from police+armed citizens

citizens will see that their communities now are self-empowered to protect and establish common law for everyone

bandits will more and more be regulated in their favelas where they will continue to kill each other, possibly at higher rates with fresh weapons

^last part is good because all the big shot bravado fools that would otherwise kill innocent civilians will die off relatively quickly leaving the more intelligent criminals that realize extreme violence is more a precision knife to be used only in special circumstances as opposed to using it like a hammer all the damn time for any reason.
>>
>>28435666
Brazil will be an even bigger shithole now.
>>
>>28437695
not all muzzleloaders take BP
no reason you couldn't make a percussion revolver use smokeless if you had the metallurgy right
>>
>>28440410
All muzzle loaders will handle blackpowder, most will not handle smokeless.

By making the guns just rated for BP, they can be made much cheaper, remember, BR land is poor and the government lays a lot of tarrifs onto foreign goods.
>>
>>28441483
Maybe pietta will import cheap colt navy's and remingtons.
>>
>>28441483
modern inline muzzleloaders are made for smokeless and I think the Ruger Old Army could use smokeless

no reason you couldn't do a smokeless cap and ball
>>
File: kbingo.png (40 KB, 611x582) Image search: [Google]
kbingo.png
40 KB, 611x582
>>28435854

you can do better than that, anon.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.