[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
South Carolina bros. I may be moving there in the next month,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 1024x768
South Carolina bros. I may be moving there in the next month, specifically the Charleston area, how's the state for fun laws? How's the area for ranges, crime, etc? I have time to turn down the offer but it seems like a fairly based state and a decent costal city.
>>
File: .222.jpg (101 KB, 1109x832) Image search: [Google]
.222.jpg
101 KB, 1109x832
Lived in chucktown for 3 years, there is a decent public range in the francis? national forest and ATP gun shop has a nice indoor range for pistols and rifles for $5 all day. they just dont allow any ammo that will stick to a magnet (dont get caught) They dont allow open carry if you care about but ALOT of people have their cwp ( I got mine while I was there) but I hated the south and moved back to muh glorious michigan.
>>
>>28432242
Charleston is one of my favorite cities. SC has damn good gun laws too. I'd do it.
>>
>>28432414

Nope don't care about OC, I CC.

Any info on longer rifle ranges?

I'm especially excited to be near oceans again.
>>
>>28432242
Upstate here. Outside of not having constitutional carry, we have pretty based gun laws. Also if you are moving to charleston it's a beautiful city, but be on the lookout for urban youths. Generally as long as you stay out of the predominately black areas (mainly the projects) you'll be just fine. Congratulations on making the move to best Carolina OP
>>
>>28432554
>Congratulations on making the move to best Carolina OP

He said he's moving to SOUTH Carolina.
>>
>>28432554

I'll probably be living in Mt. Pleasent just east of the city. Also I love the south, can't wait to move back.
>>
>>28432414
>glorious michigan
LOL WAT
>>
>>28432680

>handgun registry
>depressed economy

Not even once

>dat craft brew
>those Detroit sports

... Fix your gun law shit and maybe you'll have me back Mitten state.
>>
>>28432764
>the gunstore sends a scrap of paper to the cops telling them you bought a pistol
>ohh the humanity
I know its not ideal, but its really a minor inconvenience at worst.
>>
File: napoleandynomite.gif (592 KB, 150x200) Image search: [Google]
napoleandynomite.gif
592 KB, 150x200
>>28432554
>best carolina

mfw
>>
>>28432621
Trust me I'm a SC native and people refer to SC as "Carolina" all the time. Shit pisses me off.
>>
File: crying turtle.jpg (82 KB, 348x278) Image search: [Google]
crying turtle.jpg
82 KB, 348x278
SC was the best. Grew up in South Carolina and had tons of black friends. Used to go boating and went to Myrtle beach every summer with my folks.

Now I live in the St. Louis Metropolitan area. Literally no black friends anymore.

Sorry if this was off-topic. I just miss SC. . . .
>>
>>28432242
>>28432634

OP, Mt. Pleasant has a Palmetto State Armory now. Also, Jack's Cosmic Dogs is fucking amazing.
>>
>>28432242
Lived there for ten years before finally getting back to Ohio. Besides ATP, there is a gun shop in N. Chuck in an area that you wont get shot at. It's called Traders World.. I think it was a $10 fee, but it's a much smaller range (ten lanes or so). You could shoot steel case there.

The only outdoor range I know of is in Francis Marion Forest. I lived in Summerville and it was about 45 miles away, so if you're going from Mt. P, it'll be a lot farther.

Check out the Money Man Pawn shops in Summerville, Goose Creek and Monks Corner. Found some great deals.

The gun laws are great.
>>
>>28432242

Pretty great place, but I'm from here, so I'm biased.

Healthy amount of gun shops and pawn shops.
Have gotten so many guns at Money Man, it's kinda silly.

PSA in Mt. Pleasant and Sumemrville (under construction).

Big Box Stores flooding area (Gander, Field and Stream, and Bass Pro).

Indoor ranges are ATP (biggest, but dumbest), Trader World (handguns only), but PSA is building a range in Summerville, so we will see.

There are two State ranges, Boggy Head and Twin Ponds. Both are ok.

Best range is Palmetto Gun Club in Summerville (Private Club). They hold IDPA, SASS, USPCA, STEEL CHALLENGE, ICORE,and other events (doesn't require membership to play, all are welcome).

There are also some skeet/trap places (Partridge Creek), but they are further out in the woods (but very nice places).

There is a school in Ridgeville named Shoot Logic that is very good, and they often host teachers like Panonne, Vickers, Vogel, Macnamara, etc.

The area itself is great. I was raised Downtown on the peninsula of Charleston, and lived in West Ashley, James Island, Kiawah, Mt. Pleasant and now Summerville (kinda out in the sticks).

All areas have nice features, and I think you will like it here.
>>
>>28436688
Not that it matters now, but Twin Ponds has a sister range named Boggy Head. It would have been closer than Twin Ponds from Summerville, but it's not as well known. It was on the other end of Francis Marion.
>>
>>28432242
been in Charleston for a few years. Not a bad town at all. gun laws are decent and there is some legislation in the works that would allow CC w/o a permit. The outdoor public ranges suck ass. I bought my own land to shoot on in walterboro the first year I got here so I havent been to them in a while. They are in process of expanding the public ranges and putting in ROs so that should help alot but we'll see when they're done.

crime isnt bad as long as you stay out of dark areas, like others have said.
>>
OP here. Thanks for all the info guys! Sounds like a pretty good place to live
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.