[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hornady xtp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (365 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
365 KB, 880x660
I don't know about the rest of the Hornady products, but the American gunner .380 xtp is garbage.

I was really interested in a cartridge that could produce 1.5x expansion and consistent 12-14inch penetration in bare gel, but nah. Of 25 rounds, I had 2 FTE's, and at least 5 or 6 FTF's.

The first 12 rounds were flawless, but they had the worst grouping of any ammo I've ever shot. All of the failures came after a few 100 rounds of various fmj and other defensive hollow points.

Can I expect this same shit from other xtp bullets, like Fiochi extrema or the actual hornady customs? Am I expecting too much?

I think I'm gonna give up on .380 as a defensive gun ever.
>>
>>28429071
>.380

Kek, .38 special is the only round worth a shit in that caliber, and then only if you get an old police trade in revolver

Go .45acp or 9mm, either are good rounds

.40 is ok for plinking if you have a cheap supply, but I don't like it as much as 9mm or .45
>>
>>28429107
You do know that 38 and 380 are both 9mm calibers, yes?
>>
>>28429135
I think he meant "in that class", which I would agree with him.
>>
>>28429913
Too bad that doesn't make any sense either
>>
File: IMG_20160104_202543_355.jpg (371 KB, 1698x955) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160104_202543_355.jpg
371 KB, 1698x955
>>28429071
you probably stored it in your wet vagina

I fired over 2k of those (with a shitty LCP) and not a single FTF/FTE.

You just probably suck.
>>
>>28431157
What is your image from, sir?
>>
>>28431200
I forgot, it's from some webpage
>>
>>28431200
>>28431610
This one family

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/
>>
>>28429107
Not a single statement you made gave me any reason to think your a gun owner.
>>
>>28429107
>>28430814
I think he means all 38 caliber rounds.

Which makes me think he's fucking retarded. 38 special but ignores it's hipper younger cousin .357 magnum. 38 special preforms about the same as 9mm. And the only good .38 would be a police trade in? Come the fuck on, take a shower, shave, put on deodorant, put on clean big boy britches and if your old enough go down to your friendly lgs and converse with the patrons. You might learn something useful.
>>
Does anyone else carry fmjs in their .380? I carry the winchester white box 95gr flat nose.
Does anyone know of any fmj .380 made with premium components and held to better QC like self defense rounds?
>>28429071
I used to carry Hornady xtp, penetrated deeper than pdx1 and hydras in my frozen pumpkin test. Never had any issues in my g42.
What gun do you use? Is the gun the issue? Failures to eject might be the ammo fault. Failures to feed usually arnt. And accuracy? I hate to be a cunt but if your new to pocket pistols you probably just suck at shooting them.
>>
>>28434704
>>28429071
Also if they are hotter than your normal loads you could be limp wristing and not notice it. It doesn't take much of a limp wrist to throw off a .380 expecially if it's a cheap pos.
My g42 has only ever jamed 3 times 1 failure to eject 2 to feed. Only happened when my buddies wife shot it. I've put about 2000 in it with no issues with me.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.