[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /k/ think of .223/5.56 bolt guns. Im seriously considering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 27716-catalog.jpg (53 KB, 835x218) Image search: [Google]
27716-catalog.jpg
53 KB, 835x218
what does /k/ think of .223/5.56 bolt guns.

Im seriously considering Pic related, Mossberg MVP Patrol
>>
why bother when an ar 15 is so cheap?
in a normal bolt vs semi comparison you could say reliability or the gun is lighter but with an mvp vs ar that just isnt true. the mvp isnt proven and it weighs more.

at this point its just for the novelty of it
>>
>>28429049
>why bother when an ar 15 is so cheap
because commiefornia
>>
>>28429049
you're supposed to say maybe, after yes and no, you fucking idiot.
>>
I like my vanguard tr.
>>
>>28429063
you can still get an ar cheaper than an mvp in ca if you build it

the main difference would be how much of a pain in the ass reloading is
an annoying mag release is still faster than working a bolt each shot and having a slightly better mag change

if you want an mvp get one
>>
>>28428974
I love my mvp.... But im australian and the only reason i got it was because we have a blanket ban on semi autos

If youre commiefornian, get the SCR
>>
>>28429130
onj top of it being a loophole of lots of shitty laws here, Ive also always liked bolt.

If I were to go the semi auto route id get either a mini 14 or a SU-16a
>>
>>28429181
Yeah i can understand that, i guess im starved of semi autos that i forget how satisfying bolt guns can be
>>
>>28428974
I have a 223 bolt gun but got it for 2 reasons.

1) I had enough ARs to suit my needs so this 223 bolt gun was just for kicks.
2) I plan on turning the 223 into something else after I get tired of it. I'll have the action trued, and get a ptg bolt and turn it into either a 6/6.5/7mm gun. I may look at a 223AI but that is a ways off since I'm still having fun with the gun.
>>
I'd say go for it. They're called funs for a reason. Yeah an ar might be more practical but guns don't always have to be practical, personally I want a bolt action 7.62x39 because fuck you that's why
>>
>>28428974
I don't see the point of them, since AR's exist, but if you want one, buy it.
>>
The MVP is a big, heavy, poorly machined abomination.
Get an actual bolt gun. Howa's have detachable mag kits if you think you really need a ten round bolt gun. They're cheap and much more accurate than Mossberg's junk.

If you really have to have a tacticool bolt, just buy a Ruger Scout. I don't even like Ruger rifles, but it's so much better than the MVP.
>>
>>28429277
The only issue with the mvp revolves around the magazine, rattle and the mag release are poor...but the rifle is fine
>>
>>28429342
That being said my predators serial number is under 1000...so it may be better
>>
>>28429063

bullet button, bro. 10rd mags suck, but if the happening happens, you can remove the shitty bullet button and oper8 normally
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.