[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously, how important is meme warfare? How do they factor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: VietnamPropagandaLeaflet.jpg (61 KB, 480x314) Image search: [Google]
VietnamPropagandaLeaflet.jpg
61 KB, 480x314
Seriously, how important is meme warfare? How do they factor in grand strategy?
>>
>>28427589
Well, memes are symbols
Symbols are important in signals
Signals is important in communications.
Communications is important in war.
>>
>>28427605
Memes are infectious and self replicating though, like a virus. Semaphore is not. Two different things.
>>
File: Generals_Internet_Center.jpg (124 KB, 417x314) Image search: [Google]
Generals_Internet_Center.jpg
124 KB, 417x314
>>28427643
Well I suppose you can probably shitpost memes on the enemy's cyberspace to lower morale.

Like the online equivalent of Leaflet Dropping.
>>
>>28427702
Ask the Fifty Cent Party how well that works out.
>>
>>28428036
I dunno, the little bastards do get annoying sometimes.
>>
File: scenario.jpg (1 MB, 1600x861) Image search: [Google]
scenario.jpg
1 MB, 1600x861
>>28428075

muh

scenario
>>
>>28427589

I'm to drunk to adequately reply.
>>
>>28428087
I swear, MacArthur was right. We should've just kept going through Korea and stopped at the Russian border.
>>
>>28428107
Are you a meme?
>>
>>28428142
>MacArthur was right, we should have just invaded China

How, you egotistical fuckwad. Nukes? Just nuke the Chinese armies and roll through the fallout? The UN forces weren't going to kick the Chinks out any other way.
>>
>>28428476

Yes, that was the plan.
>>
>>28428478
And it was a fucking retarded plan. You nuke the Chinese armies the Soviets nuke the UN armies right back.
>>
>>28428502

Considering the fact that we had way more nukes at the time, and it would force the Russians to fire nukes at Chinese territory, that's actually not so bad.
>>
>>28428519
>Chinese territory
>implying you could kick them out of Korea without the nukes
>implying the Soviets would give a shit about nuking Korea
>>
>>28428545

You'd be in china before the Russians would have the chance to respond.

It's 1950. Neither side can have nukes delivered all that quickly yet.

When we reached the boarder in November of 1950 (without using any nukes) that would have been the perfect time.
>>
>>28427589
We cannot allow a lolcat gap
>>
Is the OP image saying stay the fuck away from helicopters? The way it's presented is really hilarious, they did a great job.
>>
>>28428519
And Korean territory (occupied by the US), and Japan (US troops there) and depending on how badly it escalated, western Europe and/or US proper (do you really want to lost a few cities over dicking in Korea's independence movement?)
>>
>>28428142
>MacArthur was right
The only thing MacArthur can do right is losing to Asian surprise attacks and throwing a babby tantrum afterwards.
>>
>>28428660

Russia didn't have the nuclear capability in 1950 to do all that much damage.
>>
>>28428675
At least he didn't give himself the Medal of Honor while throwing his subordinates under the bus again. Truman firing him best day of my life.
>>
>>28428175

Yes, I'm an oldfag. Legitimately. Tell my wife and baby girl I love them.

>oldfags don't say that

Stfu newfag.
>>
>>28428660
Damn those fucking backstabbing turncoat four eyes that gave the bomb to the soviets, damn them to hell
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.