[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Remington right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: no fun allowed.png (39 KB, 1009x195) Image search: [Google]
no fun allowed.png
39 KB, 1009x195
Is Remington right?
>>
>>28427187
No.
>>
Nope, and calling them commandments is gay
>>
It's like a "no bubbas allowed" sign

Also, a "no fun allowed" sign lol
>>
>>28427187
id expect to see that as a part of their safety sheet in order to avoid legal trouble if some wannabe gunsmith fucked with the tolerances in the trigger and accidentally shot billy-bob because his muzzle awareness was shit
>>
>>28427187
No. The first thing you do after you buy a factory gun is take it to a smith and have a trigger & action job done. Especially in the age of lawyer-proof trigger pulls.
>>
>all these autists who can't read I between the lines
It's not saying you can't swap stocks and other bullshit. They really mean don't saw the locking lugs off your 700 so you can have a straight pull just like that K31 you saw but couldn't afford
>>
>>28427187
CLOSE DOWN ALL CUSTOM SHOPS IMMEDIATELY
>>
>>28427234
>not doing it yourself
terrible DIY spirit bruv

>>28427266
They specifically state the safety and trigger mechanism, not the bolt.
>>
>>28427275
>They specifically state the safety and trigger mechanism, not the bolt.

Exactly, you shouldn't fuck with their stock triggers that will randomly go off on faulty models when the bolt is closed or the gun is dropped.

Don't fuck with the trigger, just replace the entire thing.
>>
>>28427234
Have you ever shot a Savage or a Tikka? Those bitches have nice triggers out of the box. Actually, the Tikka trigger is awesome. The Tikka action is also super smooth.

My Savage 10FCP-SR action is really smooth after about 300 rounds.

There is no reason to pay a smith to touch your rifle unless it's actual custom work. Buy a gun that isn't a piece of shit Remington.
>>
If you're going to buy Remshit, buy vintage Remshit when they actually cared about making a decent product for the civilian market.
>>
>>28427187
>Remington
>Gun probably doesn't work
>Don't attempt to fix this "finely tuned" turd

KEK, reminds me of when I owned a Jeep.
>>
all gun companies say this type of stuff. they also say to only shoot factory produced ammunition.
>>
Question: when companies realize that every person who buys X gun immediately changes something, why don't they stop doing that thing instead of being idiots and expecting them to stop?
ie. The magazine safety on Hi Powers that literally nobody ever wants and is always removed
>>
There's a reason for all this lawyering bullshit in any gun company, and that's amature gunsmiths who will fuck with the firearm to the detriment of their own safety, who inevitably end up suing.

Yet /k/ will support this activity by adopting a stance that equates the idea of professionals being the only persons qualified to work on firearms with anti-gun rhetoric.
>>
>>28428448
cause thoses guns are sold on nostalgia and traditon and the orignal designer is long dead. you just going to get some tacked on bullshit from a guy who fixes the main problem while unintentionally creating more. just look at the shitstorm regarding series 80 1911s
>>
All companies do this gun or not. Probably for legal and warranty reasons.
>>
>buy gun from company
>fuck with it
>fuck up
>expect company to repair my mistake on their dime

kek
>>
>>28427187
>Don't Alter or Modify Your Gun and Have it Serviced Regularly.

Why are they telling me to no get it serviced regularly?
>>
>>28428555
What do they even mean by services regularly? Do they think we need somebody else to take it apart and clean it or something?
It's not like it needs to be detail stripped and have parts replaced all the time
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.