[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /k/, I need some facts on Browning Hi-Powers. Particularly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: bhppeerlessxlg.jpg (136 KB, 600x386) Image search: [Google]
bhppeerlessxlg.jpg
136 KB, 600x386
Alright /k/, I need some facts on Browning Hi-Powers. Particularly in 9mm and .40. Are they good CCW weapons? Which caliber is better? How reliable are they? I'm torn between getting a BHP or a Glock 21 for CCW.
>>
>>28427104
Just get a CZ75.
>>
>>28427130
What makes a CZ75 better?
>>
>>28427104
browning hi powers are often consiedered fedora guns, be aware.

as for what to get, israeli police trade-ins are a good deal. If you dont care about interchangeable parts get the Hungarian FEG hi powers. Theyre great too. Usually both will run you about 300-400 usd
>>
>>28427141
Essentially a BHP with inverse slide rails and 3 more rounds in the magazine.
>>
>>28427104
9mm is better.
They're very robust, and are / were used by tons of western militaries.

They got more style than Glocks, IMO, but also more weight, being all-steel.
>>
>>28427104
>Are they good CCW weapons?
yes. thin profile carries well.
>Which caliber is better?
9 mm. it was designed to be a robust gun in 9 mm. .40 was shoe-horned in by removing material, would not buy.
>How reliable are they?
very, if it has the newer straight feed ramp. the older rounded feed ramp doesn't like hollow points, but can be fixed by a professional.
>>
http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/HiPowerComments.html
>>
>>28427104
It's got a high amount of power.
>>
>>28427305
>9mm

No it doesn't. It's practically a fucking BB gun.
>>
>>28427319
Why's it called a hi-power than? I think Browning knew more about it than you.
>>
File: hi power.jpg (111 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
hi power.jpg
111 KB, 800x600
>>28427104
>Are they good CCW weapons?
anything can be a "good" ccw, its a matter of practicality and comfort and that depends on the person
>which caliber is better
probably 9mm, there are more versions of it then the .40, though it would be a cool novelty
>how reliable are they
about as reliable as any other pistol from that period. might need more maintenance but don't stop taking care of it and then blame the gun when it has problems
>torn between a BHP and a glock 21

Look, 90% of the time, the X vs X questions are pointless. Sig p226 vs a .357 magnum, a 1911 vs a glock. Youre comparing 2 different firearms so don't waste time comparing them. The other 10% of the time theyre so similar its a matter of personal preference. glock vs sig 320, smith and Wesson 5906 vs sig p226, ect
The BHP is dated, but it is still a fine gun. Maybe a little more tricky to take down, requires more maintenance and other pistol have more options for additions but it still works and will work well. If you want a steel SAO 9mm then you'll like it, if you don't then get something else.you can always get one later
>>
>>28427104
I was in a similar situation between a 1911 or a glock 21
I went with the glock because
>simpler
>cheaper
>easier to clean/maintain
>more parts/after market
I think 1911s are great carry guns, are not as finicky as people say and still recommend them if people ask about them. But the glock was more of a simple duty gun and that was more practical
do the boring adult thing and get the glock, then get a hi power later
>>
>>28427104
Great carry gun. Aluminum frame examples weigh the same as a g19 but way thinner and no blocky corners. Mec gar mags for 15+1 capacity. 9mm is the way to go.
>>
>>28427130
Possibly related. What's the slide thickness/grip thickness of your cz75?
>>
>>28427330
Think it's a translation thing. High yield is what it is thought to be a truer explanation
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.