[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this a realistic depiction of sidearm combat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 23
File: 1451926967857[1].png (188 KB, 462x296) Image search: [Google]
1451926967857[1].png
188 KB, 462x296
Was this a realistic depiction of sidearm combat?
>>
>>28426762
That is pretty much the thick and thin of it
>>
>>28426762
For Han Solo it is
>>
>>>/tv/
stay in your containment board
>>
>>28426762
Didn't you see the look on his face? He was surprised himself.
Guess that over the years he just learned to relay on his luck in practical manner.
>>
>>28426762

You are now aware the Han Solo is force sensitive.

Remember how he's incredibly lucky and has a bad feeling when something is about to go wrong?
>>
>>28426950
>was
FTFY
>>
>>28426982
Luck is where opportunity meets skill. If anything, he was surprised that he didn't "thread the needle".
>>
>>28426986
A-am I force-sensitive, then?
>>
>>28427005

Do you repeatedly have bad feelings that always, without fail, prove to be correct, in addition to possessing galactically famous flying and technical skills?
>>
>>28427031
yes. my best friend is also a big hairy pakistani guy if that makes any difference.
>>
>>28426986

Odds of navigating that asteroid field were 3,720 to 1

Han was a better force user than Luke according to C3P0
>>
>>28426762
>Was this a realistic depiction of sidearm combat?

You are watching a movie about magic space wizards with laser swords flying around in FTL spaceships that somehow make noise in a vacuum.
>>
File: Pants on head retard.jpg (17 KB, 220x288) Image search: [Google]
Pants on head retard.jpg
17 KB, 220x288
>>28427075

The universe was very different a long time ago
>>
File: 1368490168559.jpg (293 KB, 468x490) Image search: [Google]
1368490168559.jpg
293 KB, 468x490
>>28426986
>tfw kylo ren is a retardedly powerful jedi because his parents are the sister of the chosen one and the most powerful (untrained) force user in the galaxy
>tfw he's a little beta cuck faggot emo and the new EU will only get worse from here
>>
>>28427700

Spoiler alert- Luke is a Sith. The Jedi temple was built directly on top of an ancient Sith temple. The Sith secretly mind control Jedis.

Yoda is a Sith. Here are some quotes-
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda
"Only Siths deal in absolutes." -Qui-gon
>>
>>28426762
He did find Chewie's bowcaster to be better than his pistol, so yeah
>>
>>28428805
>luke is a sith
>implying that is a secret
>top kek yoda is a sit barring some force ghost bullshit
>everyone not dealing in absolute
>>
>>28428805
>"Only Siths deal in absolutes."

Did you not get the joke? That sentence itself is an absolute.

It's like "this sentence is a lie."
>>
If Han Solo were alive today his main weapon would be VP9
>>
>>28427047
Except you have to be brain-dead to hit anything when going straight through. Sci-fi writers and directors forget thst there is a metric fuckton of space between asteroids.
>>
>>28427700
>>tfw he's a little beta cuck faggot emo and the new EU will only get worse from here
>i missed the point completely: the post
>>
>>28426986
Really, anyone that does anyhing expetionally well in the Star Wars universe is using the force. Anakin being the only human podracer is a great example. We can assume Poe Dameron is using it aswell.
Remember, the force is not specific to any type of person. Jedi, Sith, whatever, its always present in everything. The Jedi and Sith just try to snatch up kids when they are young to be religious soldiers.
>>
In any of the official source material are there force users who use their skills with guns/projectile weapons or is it all lightsabers and spaec battle skills?
>>
>>28427700
At least they are open about it. Instead of Vader being this badass whose backstory is revealed to be an easily manipulated bitchy Whiney brat, they just went that route out in the open.

It's likely Kylo is being Force Dominated or one of those other Sith powers that basically drives you to the brink of insanity.
>>
>>28428982
I can see this. I don't think episodes 1-3 did a good job of showing how tormented by the dark side Anakin was and what exactly that does mentally. I imagine it is like being raped in the ear by a sand paper dildo that alternated whispering and screaming My Humps by the Black Eyed Peas constantly until you started singing along or an hero'd.
>>
File: 423289868.jpg (64 KB, 600x376) Image search: [Google]
423289868.jpg
64 KB, 600x376
>>28428937

There used to be before the EU got flushed. There was an entire sect of Jedi that based on the idea of using weapons other than lightsabers.

But it could also be argued that force-sensitive people are naturally good marksman and it has been demonstrated in some canon works.
>>
File: 1432422220463.gif (1 MB, 172x162) Image search: [Google]
1432422220463.gif
1 MB, 172x162
>>28429061
>I imagine it is like being raped in the ear by a sand paper dildo that alternated whispering and screaming My Humps by the Black Eyed Peas constantly until you started singing along or an hero'd.
Amusing that was.
>>
>>28427700
So was darth vader.
>>
File: ObiWanHS-SWE.jpg (249 KB, 611x815) Image search: [Google]
ObiWanHS-SWE.jpg
249 KB, 611x815
>>28426982
In my experience, there's no such thing as luck.
>>
>>28428888
Pretty sure there's still all the small rocks you can't see which will blow a hole through the spaceship
>>
File: wot.png (51 KB, 348x379) Image search: [Google]
wot.png
51 KB, 348x379
>>28426986
>Han is force sensitive
Fucking what? Obi-wan and Luke both explicitly tell him he isn't.
>>
>>28429061
>I don't think episodes 1-3 did a good job

You could have stopped right there.

>inb4 hurr neckbeard OT nut hugger.

Nah, I enjoyed getting to see Star Wars for the first time in theaters as a kid (I was 12 when TPM came out and saw it in theaters on my birthday).

But there were so many better choices that could have been made to make the characters better. The first being that Anakin Skywalker should have been an adult. The Sith and Jedi should have been obscure religious cults, not a dead religion and basically a religious government agency.

>Anakin and Obi Wan are fighter pilots for the Republic during the Clone Wars.
>Both are force sensitive.
>Both are recruited by obscure Jedi cult.
>Anakin told he is the chosen one.
>Obi Wan takes to force powers more easily, but has less potential.
>Anakin is super fucking jelly
>Take some events from PT like Anakin growing up on Tatooine, close to mother, doesn't know father, mother kidnapped, slaughters Sand People village, hooks up with Padme who isn't an elected monarch of the only planet with two sapient species in the galaxy, Anakin thinks there's something going on between Obi Wan and his wife because in the real military and in real life dependa wives fuck other soldiers all the time and it's not exactly unheard of for women to cheat with the guys best friend
>No light saber for Sidious/Emperor, also more of his political maneuvering in order to take over.

It solves a lot of the weird inconsistencies between the OT and the PT.
>>
>>28429061
>I don't think episodes 1-3 did a good job of showing how tormented by the dark side Anakin was and what exactly that does mentally.

It would've been more interesting if Anakin and Obi Wan were after the same girl set amid the backdrop of a galactic civil war where the remaining Jedi were hell bent on their narrow religious focus while Anakin was seeking to save the Jedi & end the war. Luke & Leia's real father would've been ambiguous because lol, women. Anakin's real desire to go to the darkside were to actually end the civil war no matter the cost and resorted to collectivism to preserve the republic at cost to himself and individualism while Obi-Wan focused on individual freedom and choice.
>>
>>28426988
Too soon.
>>
Did anyone else think that the 'lightsaber stuck in the snow" scene was actually pretty cool?
>>
File: 1451586019082.gif (835 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
1451586019082.gif
835 KB, 500x312
>>28427111
[spoiler]underrated post[/spoiler]
>>
>>28430110
It fit the movie
We all agree TR 8R is the best character right
>>
REMINDER THAN REY IS OBI'S GRAND DAUGHTER.

THATS IS ALL.
>>
>>28429700
legitimately curious here, not trying to be an asshole: When was this? I do not remember the topic coming up but then it has been a while since I watched the original trilogy.
>>
>>28426973
Descution of tactics belongs on /k
>>
>>28429795
>It solves a lot of the weird inconsistencies between the OT and the PT.
Never really thought about this stuff in depth before: mind listing some of these inconsistencies?
>>
>>28426762
TFA sucked
>>
>>28429700
>hey I got a bad feeling abo-
>shut the fuck up you god damn furry fucking guava smuggler you dont know shit you're not a jedi
later
>hey I got a bad f-
>My master said it once and I'll parrot it again, shut the fuck up you old sack you cant into the force
>>
>>28427700
Kylo was a child of a terrorist warlord and a notorious criminal who got divorced and sent him off to live with his crazy holy-man uncle who lives in the middle of nowhere and kept a bunch of random children around to "train" them.

How was he not going to turn to evil?
>>
>>28430312

/Thread

Garbage Movie
>>
>>28426762

Han Solo is one of the most powerful, but untrained, force sensitives alive. He has the ability to hit people with his blaster because he has a slight precognition that few possess. The same reason he is able to pilot the Falcon the way he does. Anakin and Luke Skywalker are able to achieve great things while piloting vehicles because of the Force, they are also skilled combatants even with less training because of their Force sensitivity. Han Solo is very Force sensitive with no training, thus he is able to talk his way out of almost every situation (Force persuasion) and fight his way out of any other. There is no reason why a normal human would have survived all Han has survived, and there is no reason why Kylo Ren, as much of an emotional bitch he is, would be SO strong in the Force with proper training.
>>
File: What_Happens_On_Daygobah.webm (3 MB, 1000x426) Image search: [Google]
What_Happens_On_Daygobah.webm
3 MB, 1000x426
>>
>>28430461
That was fucking stupid. I laughed.
>>
>>28430311
>mind listing some of these inconsistencies?

The biggest one is the "myth" of the Jedi and The Force.

In the OT the Jedi are treated like an old mythical group of supermen that existed long ago.

The Prequel Trilogy shows the Jedi as a thriving order with agents/Jedi all over the galaxy, openly taking part in trade disputes and openly leading the Republic Army into combat, as well as having open interactions with high level members of the government as advisers. And openly using force powers. On top of that they had a gargantuan temple that served as a residence for the council, library for all of the accumulated Jedi knowledge in the galaxy, and a training hall for all of their child soldiers.

There's , what, 20 years between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope?

Suddenly everyone in the galaxy forgot that Jedi actually exist and held a high level of authority in the galactic government only two decades ago?

You would think that the Jedi Council and their interaction with the Galactic government would be a well known subject taught in civics courses and social studies classes all over the galaxy.

Not only that, but fucking Chewbacca fights alongside fucking Yoda and literally sees The Force and Jedi at work.

I think there's also an inconsistency between how the older Jedi act in the OT when it comes to the force and light sabers, and how they act in the PT. Not just the weird change to overly acrobatic fencing techniques, but also the reliance on laser swords over the force when they are obviously extremely powerful and capable of persevering without them like in the OT.

Leia also claims to remember her mothers face, but the PT shows Padme dying giving birth.

IIRC Obi Wan also claims to have met Anakin after he was already an accomplished pilot.
>>
File: AtomLambaMassLightsabering.webm (3 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
AtomLambaMassLightsabering.webm
3 MB, 800x600
>>28430501
have another
>>
>>28430530
>Suddenly everyone in the galaxy forgot that Jedi actually exist and held a high level of authority in the galactic government only two decades ago?
suppression of information
>>
>>28430545
Is this a game?
>>
>>28430573
>suppression of information

Except for the hunt for the Jedi that the military is conducting.

If you are trying to hunt a group of people and rely on being informed you don't suppress information about them.

Which is why them being an obscure and little known cult in the PT makes more sense than them pretty much running the government.

The Jedi Council is almost the Star Wars version of the BATFE.
>>
>>28430608
It's real lyfe son!
>>
>>28430461
Kek
>>
>>28430545
that filename
>>
>>28430461

died laughing. replayed 5 times.
>>
>>28430530
>>28430632
I would say the biggest issue would be the thematic one.

Darth Vader is, essentially, an intergalactic badass motherfucker. Common sense would dictate his story would have to be one of three ways

>major emotional turning point
>believed he could use the dark side for good and was consumed by it
>corrupted by the dark side to deliberately fuck with his emotions

Instead we really got none of that. Anakin's moms death showed he already has the capabilities to be an edgelord. His easily manipulated super vauge promise from palpatine for "lol mayb i can show you how to save your wife but mayb not?? ?" The fact his moral struggle is with Windu going to kill the Emporer who literally just killed 4 Jedi police officers while resisting arrest, but then stands by his side as he usurps a government and literally tells him to murder children - which he is cool with.

We never see the corruption. All we see is some dude who wanted a quick shortcut to the point where the super vague, off chance someone might be able to help him, he is willing to fuck up the entire galaxy. If he was willing to fuck it up for a 100% guarantee promise she'd live?

Instead he basically was the reason she fucking died since he fucking choked out the woman he loves, who he is upending the dinner table that is the galaxy over?

Everything about the Prequel Trilogies I fucking hate man. The fact that the main eye candy conflict is literally Droids vs Clones, 100% disposable, endless armies with 0 consequences what so ever is just... Fuck.

What happened to this epic space opera about a government gone so space Nazi that they are willing to destroy entire planets in order to enact their iron fisted rule?
>>
The last episode of true detective season 2 in the forest
>>
I was disappointed by the lack of stormtroopers taking cover/white armor getting dirty at all. Closest was the blood on the helmet at the beginning and even that was just so you could identify the guy later in the scene.

Also the part at the start where they executed all the villagers by standing in a circle around them filled my brain with fuck (polish ambush).
>>
>>28426762
With his gun canonically that works just fine, it's a ridiculously powerful blaster that can melt through body armor like a full size blaster rifle but has a small magazine capacity.

Also blasters have no recoil.
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 1024x656) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 1024x656
>>28430453
So what you're saying basically is that John McClane is basically way stronger than any Star Wars character.
>>
>>28430530
Nah he doesn't, but he does imply directly that Anakin and his brother were in contact when the Clone War broke out.
>>
>>28430461
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abEDKvEoFBo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggon67FToe0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojxw7rCLHqs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6cGbcPpxWo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNNmtCfRddM
>>
>>28432790
>tfw yippee ki yay is a good jedi name too
>>
>>28428882
It's like poetry
>>
>>28430186

Nah, it's definitely either Rey or Finn, hard to pick one though, they were both awesome
>>
>>28432819
>yippee ki yay is the Jedi the Galatic Empire needs, but doesn't deserve.

Especially after all that pc bullshit in the new ones.
>>
>>28432858
>not picking Kylo Ren

Before doing with shit he was in 1st weapons Co Marines.
>>
File: 1451258589880.gif (2 MB, 390x357) Image search: [Google]
1451258589880.gif
2 MB, 390x357
>>28428886
>the dl-44 heavy blaster pistol was an absurdly powerful blaster pistol rivaling the power of mid-powered rifles
>the modern equivalent would be a 9mm
>mfw
>>
>>28432858
While I would take your post as shitposting, I will say Finns performance surprised me. His character acting and ability to deal with people was off. When he said First Order recruits are basically taken from their families at young ages, his lack of social skills and just how to "human" properly was convincing.

I don't know if it was a deliberate subtlety in his acting, or if this is how the actor normally acts (then he would be bad), but I like how not natural Finn felt as a character.

Rey as space stronk independent womyn space jesus bugged me. Her Jedi Mind Trick was fucking amazing but her just being that good at everything she does because reasons... No.
>>
>>28432933
Despite any criticisms I have with TFA, I would gladly take either of those two characters rather than fucking Hayden Christensen as Anakin again.
>>
>>28426988
FUCK YOU SPOILING FALLGYE
DWAQ
>>
>>28429700

Obi-wan got decapitated by his student and Luke fled to a remote system cause he couldn't deal with the bantz

Han confirmed for master race.
>>
>>28432933

>your opinion is different than mine, you must be shit posting!

You need to get the fuck off the internet, it's broken your brain

Han Solo was the only sub par character in the film and it was because he was a caricature of himself

This movie felt real good, cried like a bitch during Rey and Ren's fight, it's actually OK to like Star Wars again, what a beautiful world, now if they would just retcon the prequels and make non retarded ones a new era of peace and prosperity will be ushered into the galaxy
>>
>>28432998
It really bugged me that Luke just took off that easily. One whiny kid and a giant hologram of Bruce Willis shouldn't be able to do THAT much damage when you have Luke "Jesus" Skywalker on your side.

Don't even get me started on the ridiculous cost that the Starkiller Base must have been, even if it was a public works project
>>
>>28432969
>yfw Ryan Phillippe was supposed to be Anakin Skywalker
>yfw DiCaprio was also a primary choice
>yfw we got that fucking hack
>>
>>28433055
>Ryan Phillippe
Another 'what if' to add to the pile
>>
>>28430223
Considering that Obi was a shitty pilot and it would make her the princess of fucking Mandarloians I hope not. Half of the shit she manages to pull can be explained away because she's a Skywalker.
>>
>>28433042
Riddle me this. What's the point of a giant system killing machine to destroy planets hundreds or thousands of light years away when a laser only goes the speed of light? In a society where faster than light travel has been achieved?
>>
>>28433042
To be honest is probably cost a lot less than either of the death stars.

Instead of constructing a facility in space, they pretty much hollowed out an existing planet and probably used materials found on the planet itself. I would expect the R&D on laser itself to be the most expensive, since it's the first hyperspace weapon we've seen on screen.

The Star Wars movies always presents the galaxy as like this collection of basically 12 planets, when in reality the population of the Republic and the Empire is counted well past the Trillions point. It's why an entire planet blowing up isn't a "big deal" in the grand scheme of things.

Expanded Universe, which is defunct now, had empire ship yards so vast they could basically turn out a Star Destroyer every single day.
>>
>>28433163
Jumping to light speed in Star Wars is FTL. The Starkiller laser is probably still traveling at many factors the speed of light, but it's not traveling entirely in hyperspace which is why the laser is visible in normal space time.
>>
>>28433163
>>28433181
You both have very good points; even with the diminished industrial capacity of the First Order compared to the Empire, that sort of construction wouldn't be entirely out of the realm of possibility.

Maybe I'm just too bummed out that there was no Thrawn or shit like that
>>
File: 5482323424_8c1041963f.jpg (128 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
5482323424_8c1041963f.jpg
128 KB, 333x500
Hate to say it, but who thinks that Finn is somehow related to Lando? That or ice-cream maker guy from cloud city
>>
>>28433223
I don't understand the need for a super weapon like that.

Seems like it would be easier to simply destabilize the sun in the system you want to destroy. Would take considerably less energy to supernova the sun than, you know, doing what they did with it.
>>
>>28433319
I'm fairly certain that they didn't do that because they already HAD superweapon that worked like that in EU. It was called the Sun Crusher or some shit like that, and I'm guessing that JJ (or an exec) pushed the idea of a death star 3.0
>>
>>28433319
>Suncrusher
>>
File: 1368219110820.gif (2 MB, 250x136) Image search: [Google]
1368219110820.gif
2 MB, 250x136
>>28433267

>literally the only two black characters
>they must be related
>>
>>28433337
>have first order
>admittedly smaller and less competent than the Empire
>somehow constructs a better designed weapon than the wasteful empire did on two separate occasions

To me it would make sense that they german engineered a better, more efficient weapon.

>Well we can't build a laser that will blow up a planet
>but we can drop a specially designed hypermatter charged torpedo inside a sun, which will blow it up and wide out an entire solar system

Scarier weapon on the smaller budget that is the First Order seems more realistic to me. Aren't they supposed to be these fucking nobodies just kind of shitting up the outer rim? How did they manage to build a death star without anyone learning in the time it takes to make it when they are the space equivalent of ISIS
>>
>>28433400
>space Isis
Yeah if ISIS managed to shit a Ford Class carrier out of their ass that was armed with Continental cracking nukes.
The first order in general just doesn't make sense.
Also
>New Republic
>not on Coruscant
>their whole fleet was orbiting totally not Coruscant
Fuck man
>>
>>28433478
>if ISIS managed
They basically have the power and engineering of pre-WW2 Germany before they invaded Poland. They are basically shitting up the outter rim and areas the republic doesn't care about.

Just cause the Emperor gets thrown off a bridge doesn't mean all those Star Destroyers stop working.

It looks like the First Order isn't engaged in all out war as much as it is them carving out a sizeable chunk of the galaxy no one really wants to be in anyways. Kind of like ISIS.

>their whole fleet was orbiting totally not Coruscant

Bullshit excuse to have the final fight not involve a fucking epic space battle. Instead it came down to like, 5 X-Wings and shit.

Maybe if your fleet was out actually policing the republic and shit you wouldn't have First Order taking over planets and building super weapons.
>>
>>28428937
Star Wars Rebels has a character with a blaster built into the handle of his sabre
>>
>>28430530
>few thousand jedi
>literally trillions of citizens in the republic
>surprised they were thought of as a myth

People think some modern jobs don't exist.

The rest is what happens when George Lucas doesn't get the stupid beat out of him on a regular basis.
>>
>>28430453
Han isn't force sensitive.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Han_Solo
>>
>>28434031
I just skimmed that article. Where in concrete terms does it say he has no force sensitivity?

Because when you actually read about all the shit he has done, it sounds like that fucker is pretty sensitive to the force.

Just because he thinks the force is stupid doesn't mean he can't sense the force as part of your instincts.
>>
>>28426762
It wasn't used as rank jewelry or to walk to the DFAC, so no.
>>
>>28429152

>Deliberately kills himself so Luke gives to anger for revenge.

What a good guy.
>>
>>28433387
Not original guy, but I figured Finn might be Lando's son since one of Rey's visions is of cloud city.
>>
>>28434331
Pretty much the entire plan was to groom Luke when the time was right to do things the Old Jedi way: kill the Sith, don't ask questions. Luke rejecting that was what made for a new Order, though that clearly didn't work out long-term.

Then again, it may as well be that Rey is the true new start to the Jedi.
>>
>>28428888

Which is why you see several star destroyers get smacked by a few asteroids in a couple of seconds, right?
>>
>>28434331
More like he was blocked off from getting to the ship--Vader had maneuvered himself into a blocking position, and all the stormtroopers in the hangar had come over to watch. The others (including, surprise, Leia) were sneaking on board, and had the opportunity to escape--but if they tried to rescue him, nobody was getting out of there alive.

So, he used his get-out-of-jail-free card, and left the table.
>>
>>28434469
>Only two black people in SW
Actually sounds about right.

Plus, if Finn is force sensitive, they'll make him the hidden child of Mace Windu.
>>
>>28434672

Still holding out that they kill off the prequels and no such character even exists anymore
>>
>>28430312
go home George Lucas
>>
>>28433319
>I don't understand the need for a super weapon like that.
>need
Feinstein plz go
>>
>>28428912
In the original trilogy maybe when there were only Jedi and the force was a universal force. Prequels invented sigh as bad guys and medichlorians.
>>
>>28430373
When you put it like that...

...It's just like Janet Napolitano calling U.S. Army veterans terrorists waiting to happen.
>>
>>28430461
Shit nigga. That was hilarious.
>>
>>28434890
>Prequels invented sigh as bad guys
The Sith were a thing long before that, Sidious and Vader just didn't have to hide.
>>
File: vagi.jpg (174 KB, 960x926) Image search: [Google]
vagi.jpg
174 KB, 960x926
>>28432933
>Rey as space stronk independent womyn space jesus bugged me. Her Jedi Mind Trick was fucking amazing but her just being that good at everything she does because reasons... No.

Coz pussi-chlorians, shitlord.
>>
>>28434952
Except the never mentioned them in the movies. Sheev even refers to Vader as a Jedi, but never says shit about sith. He also refers to the light saber as a Jedi weapon in rotj with sustain, yet in the prequels every single person had one including him
>>
>>28434967
You are now realizing that Rey was trained in the use of the Force from a very young age, probably 1 or 2 before being dropped onto Jakku at 5 and had to fend for herself.

No, she probably never had to use the Force to survive, at all, ever. It's not like she used mind tricks to convince an alien to just give her a scavenged droid he found.
>>
>>28434967
Mind wipe, Like Reven nigga.
>>
>>28434967

You are the worst kind of nerd
>>
>>28434983
So, what, you're mad that Lucas used a term that had already been in use at the time and he had no reason not to use?
Star Wars: A New Hope script

STAR WARS - Episode IV. A NEW HOPE

From the JOURNAL OF THE WHILLS by George Lucas

Revised Fourth Draft January 15, 1976

LUCASFILM LTD.

INTERIOR: REBEL BLOCKADE RUNNER -- MAIN HALLWAY.

The awesome, seven-foot-tall Dark Lord of the Sith makes his way into the blinding light of the main passageway.
>>
>>28435181

>"The awesome"

Man, George Lucas really is an incredible faget
>>
>>28434672
>Plus, if Finn is force sensitive

We have nothing to suggest he is at this point. He merely used a lightsaber, poorly once and with average skill a second time.

Realistically, EVERYONE in Star Wars is Force Sensitive to some degree. The Jedi/Sith are just the ones who can feel it and influence it the most, thus why they were taken as kids to be raised as soldiers who use it to push things. So maybe he'll get trained? Or maybe he'll just get taught how to use a light saber?
>>
>>28434984
How young do they really start training Jedi in the old EU? Must be pretty fucking young if Anakin got rejected without question at like 6.
>>
>>28435295
Pretty much young enough to have no memory or parents, really.

The point was to raise them with no attachments, since being attached to something means you can lose it, and loss it the path to the dark side.
>>
>>28435290
>poorly once and with average skill a second time.
He sucked ass the second time and made a lot of stupid mistakes. What you saw was a VERY realistic depiction of
"Fit, athletic man with good hand-eye coordination and willingness to kill o rmaim trying to sword fight with no practice or experience" VS "fit nerd who watches lots of anime, may have taken one or two keno lessons, stabbed his dad, wants to kill a nigger"
>>
>>28435331
>a lot of stupid mistakes

And yet he didn't get immediately killed by Edge Lord McDaddyIssues, even though TR-8R fucked him almost immediately with an electric tonfa the first time he used the thing
>>
>>28435331
>>28435352
To be fair emo boy did get shot with chewie's bowcaster just before the fight
>>
>>28435352
>And yet he didn't get immediately killed by Edge Lord McDaddyIssues

The one who just killed his dad and took a bowcaster shot to the gut?

See:"fit nerd who watches lots of anime, may have taken one or two keno lessons, stabbed his dad, wants to kill a nigger"

As fas as can be told, he may never have so much as sparred against anothe rman with a lightsaber, ever.

That scene actually reveals a LOT about how far from being a true either kylo ren is, and is clearly meant to show that he's in completely over his head on every level.

Also, he's toying with finn. Hard.
>>
>>28435380
*true sith
Fucking christ.
>>
>Have 30+ years of EU canon to choose from and make movies out of
>Throw it all away for Jew Jew Abrams to do a rehash of Ep. IV/V

Fuck Disney.
>>
>>28430545
Needs more Benny Hill.
>>
>>28430461
Lost my shit. Fukken saved
>>
>>28426762
They told the actors to firing their laser weapons like in a western in the OT so the viewer has a visual reference point instead of having that random pew pew shit like in Star Trek.

They went with the same style for the new movie.
>>
>>28435261

Are you are aware that the usage of words evolves over time?
>>
>>28435395

It was very easy to see this coming.
>>
>>28435380
>and is clearly meant to show that he's in completely over his head on every level.

But he's clearly in over his head. He didn't do much aside from manipulate the force. We didn't really see him fight well or deflect blaster bolts like in the PT's, but you got him doing some insanely powerful force techniques we haven't seen before.

I think his opinion is that The Force is the weapon, and the saber is merely a status symbol. Like a sword some nations still issue to soldiers for ceremonies and formal occasions. All the potential people who he would otherwise clash light sabers with basically no longer exist. Yet using the Force has been shown to have every day advantages for him.
>>
File: 1449446541061.jpg (56 KB, 1111x597) Image search: [Google]
1449446541061.jpg
56 KB, 1111x597
>>28430545
>>28431090
>>
>>28435395
I don't even understand why they had to go to the trouble of throwing out the EU. The EU had a very simple rule:

>Everything in the EU is canon, even when it contradicts itself
>If something in main cannon (Movies, Cartoon, etc) contradicts something in the EU, the movies are canon and the EU is invalidated

By compete default Disney could do whatever they want, and the EU would survive or be rewritten to suit it.

The only thing Disney did that would have been a big issue regarding the EU is how easily the Empire vanished. In the EU Palpatine dying really didn't do much. The Star Destroyers and loyal StormTroopers are still there trying to enforce law. All it did was splinter some groups off and create a power vacuum some tried to exploit. The rebels still win though.

Not much in the EU takes place in the time Episode 7 does.

The only thing that doesn't mesh with the EU is Luke Skywalker going full emo and leaving.
>>
>>28435493

>Why did Disney have to go to the trouble of de-canonizing decades' worth of story that fans treated as canon?
Gee, I wonder.
>>
Man, you kids need to stop describing everything as emo, you clearly don't know what the word means
>>
>>28435536
But the movies are allowed to erase shit from the EU on their own. The rule of the EU is the movies win every debate. Period.

Why just write it off?
>>
>>28430545
Who the fuck gives kids light saber pen knives? They aren't the fucking space Webelos, they at least rate light saber whittling knives.
>>
>>28435568
Would you rather the EU end up completely butchered by new films that do what they want and give no fucks?

Better this way; put the old EU to bed now, while it still looks somewhat contiguous.
>>
File: star jaws.jpg (45 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
star jaws.jpg
45 KB, 400x300
>Disney owns Marvel and Star Wars

this is now crossover canon
>>
>>28435568

I certainly wasn't aware of the override rule you've described. And I'd wager that 99.9% of people who give a shit about EU/Legends weren't either, or otherwise wouldn't support Disney using it because the EU material has gone unchallenged for so long (again, literally decades). Not to mention it would devolve into an absolute shitshow as >>28435589 pointed out.

Anything short of a explicit, official break with that material would have caused Disney completely unnecessary grief dealing with EU fans (such as myself) that would be left wondering what happened to the Black Fleet Crisis and the Yuuzhan Vong. As it is, I'm much happier that Disney very clearly declared that they intend to seize full creative control of the direction of the Star Wars universe. It gives me closure and certainty that the Star Wars brand and its associated products are no longer being targeted at me, leaving me free to move on.
>>
>>28435606
>I certainly wasn't aware of the override rule you've described
The Holocron continuity database was an internal database maintained by Lucas Licensing for the express purpose of trying to maintain continuity within all licensed products, prior to the April 2014 declaration of a single official canon. This Holocron was sorted into four levels of canon, that reflected LFL's canon and continuity policies: G, T, C, S, and N. G, T, C, and S together formed an overall continuity that was considered by Lucasfilm to be the "true" Star Wars canon prior to the decanonization of the Expanded Universe.

>G (George Lucas) canon was absolute canon. This category included the six films, some of the deleted scenes from the films, the novelizations of the films, the radio dramas based on the films, the film scripts, and any material found in any other source (published or not) that comes directly from George Lucas himself. G canon overruled all other forms of canon when there was a contradiction.

Oh no, you are literally ignorant.

> It gives me closure and certainty that the Star Wars brand and its associated products are no longer being targeted at me, leaving me free to move on.

Except Disney had explicitly stated they killed the EU, will be doing Episodes 7-9, and then starting a WHOLE NEW expanded universe FRESH.

>Also, a new line of material would be published by Disney Publishing Worldwide, starting with Star Wars: A New Dawn by John Jackson Miller, a prequel to the TV show Star Wars Rebels. This would be followed by Star Wars: Tarkin by James Luceno, Star Wars: Heir to the Jedi by Kevin Hearne, and Star Wars: Lords of the Sith by Paul S. Kemp and more. To ensure continuity within Star Wars canon going forth, a close story group has been formed by Lucasfilm to watch over all Star Wars development.
>>
File: doom vs vader.jpg (58 KB, 720x708) Image search: [Google]
doom vs vader.jpg
58 KB, 720x708
>>28435601
Doom would so wreck Vader's shit.
>>
>>28435606

Neckbeard tears are hilarious

The EU sucked massive dick the moment the Yuuzhan Vong were a thing
>>
>>28435632

Yes, I didn't doubt your claim that the rule exists. But your autistic regurgitation of pseudo legalese for the meta-fictional management of a nerdy sci-fi universe doesn't change the fact that Star Wars fans (or rather, the small subset of Star Wars fans who care about the EU/Legends) interpreted the EU simply as canon, until Disney officially said otherwise.

Also, you might want to note that Leland Chee, the man who oversaw the Holocron, has since been "assigned a job within the newly formed Lucasfilm Story Group, whose main purpose is to eliminate the Star Wars franchise's current canon hierarchy and create one cohesive canon." - (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Leland_Chee)

>Except Disney had explicitly stated they killed the EU, will be doing Episodes 7-9, and then starting a WHOLE NEW expanded universe FRESH.
Uh, yeah? No shit? What the fuck do you think I just said?

Let me be crystal clear: What was of interest to me--the pre-Disney de facto canon established by the EU--no longer represents the creative direction of Star Wars. The Star Wars canon as it has been incontrovertibly defined, and as it is likely to expand in the next 25 years, is not of interest to me.

>>28435698

As I said, I'm not butthurt about what has happened to Star Wars. The writing has been on the wall since Disney's original statement on the purchase of Lucasfilm.
>>
>>28435709
>interpreted the EU simply as canon

Then you are at fault you fuck.

>as it is likely to expand in the next 25 years, is not of interest to me

And you have literally 0 idea how EU 2.0 will pan out but you are severely butthurt about it.
>>
>>28430632

Shit nigga. In the prequels the Emperor hides a plot to seize control of the galaxy and the fact that HE'S THE DARK LORD OF THE FUCKING SITH from a bunch of future seeing space wizards while he has them over for tea.

Probably not that hard for him to make them relatively forgotten.
>>
>>28435730

>Then you are at fault you fuck.
Sure, sure. Pardon me for only reading the stories themselves and not delving into the minutia of governance of a fictional franchise that has always had a tortured relationship between its fans and creator.

It's like you don't even know that Disney can STILL do whatever they want with material from the EU, except this way they don't have to pay any attention to details of previously written obscure stories in formulating the perfect multibillion-dollar mass-market crowd-pleaser.

>And you have literally 0 idea how EU 2.0 will pan out but you are severely butthurt about it.
I have 2 hours, 16 minutes and $200 million dollars' worth of ideas as to how EU 2.0 will pan out, actually.
>>
>>28435761
>I am the only person on Earth who did not enjoy Episode 7
>>
>>28435799

We both know I'm not the only person that doesn't like the movie. Even beloved global franchises have their detractors.

And so what if I don't like it? That has no effect on Star Wars' vast financial and cultural success. There's no need to greentext about my opinion.
>>
>>28435799

Nah, there are plenty of people who don't like it, I personally think it's the second best behind A New Hope

But even the simpletons who enjoyed the prequels are allowed to have opinions, even if they seem pants on head retarded
>>
>>28435826

>implying I enjoyed the prequels
>believing TFA is better than Empire or for that matter Jedi
I consider myself baited.
>>
>>28435830

You should consider yourself retarded, I know this is a hard concept for the modern age, but people have different opinions
>>
>>28435850

You're right, I'm guilty of exactly what I was admonishing in >>28435816.
>>
>>28430608
looks like a mod for Jedi Knight II or Jedi Academy, judging from the way combat works.
>>
>>28435331
>kendo
He was using a broadsword technique though.
>>
>>28433055
>yfw colin hanks was not chosen just because hayden had the 'best chemistry' with natalie portman
>>
>>28435463
>I think his opinion is that The Force is the weapon, and the saber is merely a status symbol.
would fit the 'lightsabers are a jedi's weapon' mindset of the Sith
>>
File: 130221984383.png (233 KB, 560x539) Image search: [Google]
130221984383.png
233 KB, 560x539
>>28426762
>sidearm
>combat
>>
>>28430608
That's mother fucking movie battles 2 mod for jedi academy. The greatest mod ever. Get it.
>>
>>28435826
>TFA
>better than ESB
>mfw
I'm sorry you have bad taste anon
>>
>>28426762
could i learn how to properly fight with a sword by studying lightsaber battles in slow motion?
>>
File: The A-Team.gif (970 KB, 500x219) Image search: [Google]
The A-Team.gif
970 KB, 500x219
>>28434686
I dunno, Mace Windu and General Grevious in the old clone wars cartoon were pretty much the only redeeming features of the prequel era. Them and the A-Team clone troopers.
>>
>>28437380
Is that the clip where the clones brrrrrtttt the shit out of grievious and he nopes the fuck out of there?
>>
>>28427700
>tfw he's a little beta cuck faggot emo

that'sthejoke.jpg

Seriously, if you missed that being the entire point, drilled in by REPEATED SCENES OF HIM LOSING HIS SHIT, you're a moron and were sleeping through half the movie
>>
>>28432933
While I'd say rey was the worst character of tfa it was not the actresses fault. She was written as a mary sue if they threw in literally any hardship to her it would greatly improve her performance
>>
File: caught in the headlights.gif (993 KB, 500x264) Image search: [Google]
caught in the headlights.gif
993 KB, 500x264
>>28437390
Yes
>>
>>28437380
>I dunno, Mace Windu and General Grevious in the old clone wars cartoon were pretty much the only redeeming features of the prequel era.

>Not great stuff from TCW like Ventress' entire character arc, Fives' conspiracy investigation, the battle of Umbara arc, the return, rise, and fall of Maul...
>>
>>28437611
>bringing up the 3D-animated abortion
See yourself out, filth.
>>
>>28437621
The Clone Wars was a great show you autist. Tartakovsky's Clone Wars was good but very limited.
>>
>>28437611
Umbara is great, though I wish the Clones had outright wrecked Pong Krell to help justify Order 66 working at all.

Maul is... Weird. Haven't finished Season 5 yet but he just feels off, like he's not related to Phantom Menace's Maul at all, and I don't care for Savage either.
>>
>>28437648
TPH's Maul was a snarly dude with two lines who was there pretty much entirely to do a cool fight scene. There was very little "character" to build from.
>>
>>28427700
>still taking he EU seriously
>>
>>28437666
Yeah but the way the actor did the stunts gave him a lot of potential character. He was arrogant and cruel, not the generic soft-voiced insane guy TCW's Maul was.
The new legs especially ruin it, he bounces around like a kangaroo instead of doing the neat tight flips he does in TPM.

The scene in his TPM fight where he rolls over Obi-Wan's saber and does this "come at me" hand gesture was perfect. I wanted more aggressive, competitive attitude like that.
>>
>>28437633
Mortis singlehandedly killed any and all enthusiasm for that rubbish.
>>
>>28437686
Mortis is a "what if" episode that's never brought up again. I didn't care for it either and didn't even finish the 3rd episode of that arc, but to say it ruined the show is dumb.
>>
>>28437233
Hayden was a victim of bad directing, he has solid talent whenever he doesn't have to deliver the fucking dogshit lines they wrote for him. Dude looks flat out evil by the end of EP III
>>
>>28437720
Hell, Lucas must've fallen asleep during the scene in II right after he slaughters the Tuskens and has a break down.
>>
>>28426762
He's rolled a classic scoundrel. so we shouldn't be surprised he has a scoundrel's luck
>>
>>28437720
I enjoy how every single person who acted in the prequels was routinely directed to be shittier. Literally told to be same face no emotion robots whenever they tried to not be shit. Fucking Lucas was the worst thing for the series.
>>
>>28437683
Well, he did spend a decade by himself on a junkyard world holding himself together with pure hate.

>The new legs especially ruin it, he bounces around like a kangaroo instead of doing the neat tight flips he does in TPM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEu_U78XFg4
They did get rid of those, you know.
>>
>>28434672
Mace Dindu
>>
>>28428937

It could work that way but in practice none of them do.

Admittedly if you have a Lightsaber and are Force sensitive and trained your a magic space knight that can block all shots without fail and toss out bursts of telekinectic force so a blaster would be redundant.
>>
>>28437766
Sammy LJ's acting was the worst hit by this, even TCW couldn't make him not boring
>>
>>28434331

That helped but really his issue was he was cut off, he was clearly too old to beat Vader now and he never stood a chance against Palpatine even in his prime. Luke would get himself killed trying to rescue him so he just let Vader kill him so he could be a Force Ghost and everyone else could leave.
>>
>>28437991
Well, I think the reasoning for a lightsaber was this:
Jedi: A defensive weapon that gives the aggressor time to decide "fuck, shooting this guy isn't working!" and possibly allow for deescalation of the situation.
Sith: Pride in power. You're so badass that you will take a sword to a gunfight and win.
>>
>>28435295

From infancy really, so they have no knowledge of anything other than the Jedi way.
>>
>>28435493

Literally everything from the EU was invalidated with TFA. Luke's Jedi Order failing, Han and Leia's marriage imploding, the New Republic being totally different, the First Order, Han and Leia having only one son with a totally different name instead of twins and a younger kid, Chewbacca not dying etc.

It's so different it would be simply just to make the EU non canon that try to claim the minor books and the stuff before the Solo kids were born are canon but nothing else is.
>>
>>28434469
I think it has more to do with the fact that that particular light saber's last confrontation was there.

And I hope he's not that would just be unnecessary. I liked The Force Awakens but if the next one is too much like Empire I'm going to be sorely disappointed.
>>
>>28426986
He didn't sense anything going wrong when he went to talk to kylo
>>
>>28428805
Reminder that Yoda can not be turned to the dark side.

And this is coming from the new canon
>>
>>28438303
Kylo 'killing' him was the plan all along. He infiltrated the dark side to kill Snoke, but needed to prove his allegiance by resisting his parents' love before he could see Snoke in person. If you remember at the end, Snoke says he will finally see him to finish his training

Kylo Ren is a double agent Jedi
>>
>>28438335
>whiny bitch emulating Annie
>incompetent
>Han had no bad feeling about him.
You might be on to something...
>>
>>28438480
Plus the obvious elements of
>obviously never see Han's corpse
>In almost the exact same fashion, Luke took a similarly daunting fall down the Cloud City trash chutes after a lightsaber injury and survived
>Could go so far as to say it was Han who activated Kylo's lightsaber [spoiler] when he knew it was aimed at a nonvital body part [/spoiler]
>>
>>28433181

The Visual Dictionary for Ep VII says the Starkiller was a continuation of the Empire's research into hyperspace-based weapons.

With Rakata Prime being canon and the Starkiller taking so much inspiration from the Star Forge I can see this being explained pretty easily when they finally make KOTOR canon.
>>
>>28426986
>is

Well, that's not exactly the word I would use...
>>
>>28435373
I feel like a lot of people seem to forget that he was bleeding out from this wound during the entire fight.
>>
>>28438631
Pounding the fuck out of it too. Nice touch.
>>
>>28438528
Starkiller base got imploded, I don't think Han made it
>>
>>28429795
>the only planet with two sapient species in the galaxy
Quarren and Mon Cals came from the same planet and also pretty sure humans were interlopers on Naboo what am I doing with my life
>>
>>28430530
>Leia also claims to remember her mothers face, but the PT shows Padme dying giving birth.
Adoptive mother, dumbass. You see her at the end of ep3.
>>
>>28435055
Reven never existed.
>>
>>28438528
>In almost the exact same fashion, Luke took a similarly daunting fall down the Cloud City trash chutes after a lightsaber injury and survived
Luke only had a hand taken off, not through the chest with a beam that instantly sends metal to orange-hot.
>>
>>28438977
checked, but I didn't think spoilers worked here
>>
>>28428882
>>28428805
but the statement is focused on "deal" not "absolutes"
>>
>>28435380
>Also, he's toying with finn. Hard.
this, and he was deliberately trying to not kill Rey because he wanted an apprentice.
>>
>>28430278
it never happened.
Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.