[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AZ Guns and Medical Marijuana
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: weedgrips.jpg (38 KB, 364x400) Image search: [Google]
weedgrips.jpg
38 KB, 364x400
I was thinking about getting my Medical card, but I like guns too much and I heard they could be taken away.

>inb4 degenerate

Haven't smoked the stuff in years, and don't plan to be habitual.

Does anyone have any experience in this area? (What it means, Purchasing a firearm, owning them, if they keep track on your background, ect)

I understand that it's still illegal on a federal level, I'm just looking for second opinions.
>>
I wouldn't do it, I still hope for a time when it gets legalized though
>>
>>28425667
You seriously posted this during day/k/are?

Guaranteed 300+ replies from straightedge office drones and degenerate faggots.

Do whatever you want, the gov't has made it clear they aren't going to enforce the laws against recreational users at a federal level.
>>
>>28425667

Theorically they could take them away from you.

But if they do it for you, then they have to do it to everyone in the state.

Which is quite unlikely

.Can't wait for AWTF threads
>>
>>28425667
I personally would never do anything that would effect my gun rights. Besides the way things are going it will be legal nationwide within a few years, better to just wait it out.
>>
>>28425667
>inb4 degenerate
Are you currently researching this information in order to achieve a commercial or physical goal that aims to assist the entirety of humankind?
If not, this is a degenerative activity you are undertaking. Regardless of intent, you are contributing to the expense of physical resources. You were born a degenerate. Not just because someone several decades ago wrote down a thought. Fucking society can suck my dick. I hate you all. Learn to communicate.
>>
>>28425667
I have a good friend in CO that had a Med card before it went legal for Rec and he was still able to buy guns. However he bought them after weed became legal and he had not renewed his card.
Also bump for interest.
>>
>>28425729
Yeah me too. Theres supposed to be a petition out there for it but the site is really weak and our republican state would have to vote on it. Id say we have another few years before recreational legalization.
>>28425749
Sorry haven't been to /k/ in about a week. I dont know what that means.
>>28425779
Yeah thats how I feel, but its a long wait.
>>28425784
You got me there. I was more alluding to the term how most of the /pol/ crowd use it.
>>
>>28425667

Friend of mine has his card and was denied a ccw permit because of it.

Can buy guns and hunt and everything. But can't carry. Though AZ might not care.
>>
>>28425851
I just don't like how it's mostly a choice between guns and weed these days. I've never done marijuana, but I think it's stupid that it's illegal and enforcing it costs a shitload of money.
>>
File: 1443739475983.jpg (72 KB, 600x684) Image search: [Google]
1443739475983.jpg
72 KB, 600x684
>>28425851
Dayposting about anything that requires more than a basic yes or no answer will result in shitposting from the masses of hamfisted keyboard warriors and nintenyearolds.

Just come back later for night /k/. It's better, I promise.
>>
File: 1433026739635.jpg (146 KB, 1182x594) Image search: [Google]
1433026739635.jpg
146 KB, 1182x594
>>28425909
It's really not, not anymore
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I have mine in az it's awesome
Just don't buy new guns
> fraud on 4473
>>
If AZ legalizes recreational marijuana, I think I'd move there
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>28425925
Its way better than all you alcoholic faggots
>>
>>28425903
Yeah. I can see the point that its potentially harmful, but harmful enough to strip you of your constitutional right to carry and defend yourself? I'm not seeing it.
>>28425909
Fair enough. If this thread doesnt go as planned I'll make it again later. So far so good though, and im used to sifting through shitposts.
>>28425930
I really love the state. We have some of the best gun and knive laws in the country, but this particular issue I dont support. We get too conservative for our own good sometimes. It's good and bad.
>>
>>28425667
Here in Commiefornia its a pretty common thing. I dont see a problem with it as long as your not dumb and operate while medicated.
>>
>>28426010
I can't imagine a marijuana high being somehow worse than alcohol and alcohol doesn't strip you of your rights.
>>
>>28426010
Fuck legalization just get a med card it cheaper on taxes keeps the poor from the good weed
>>
>>28426023
They let you purchase? Or do you have to go through a non-fed licensed shop?

>>28426026
Neither can I. Alcohol competely fucks me up.

>>28426033
The taxes would actually help the state though
>>
>>28426175
Alcohol is a dear old friend of mine, but weed seems a like a better alternative
>>
OP everything is illegal in America.

The federal government and people that support it literally want to control your entire life while hypocritically enjoying the freedoms they restrict.

The countries a mess of bullshit.
>>
>>28425667

Technically owning marijuana and firearms is a super big no-no at the federal level. The DEA is a federal entity. The DEA continues to raid state legal dispensaries because the federal government doesn't give a fuck about states rights.

I would not do it personally. If I did anything I would give my firearms to a trusted friend or family member for safe keeping if you need marijuana for some medical reason. The DEA does not care about you, they need to keep the lights on, and if that means raiding the house of a suspected armed drug dealer (you) they will do that, kill your dog, throw a flashbang into your child's crib and be lauded as heroes, medals all around.
>>
>>28425749

>Do whatever you want, the gov't has made it clear they aren't going to enforce the laws against recreational users at a federal level.
This

Really if you follow all laws pertaining to medicinal cannabis in your state you would technically not be an unlawful user, so therefore You could honestly answer, "No," truthfully on the 4473
>>
>>28425667

I was on morphine and vicodin for a couple of years for my back that was prescribed by a doctor. I could totally own guns in the eyes of the gov't, no problem. If I got a medical weed card, I shouldn't have them. I don't really get the logic here.
>>
>>28426251
>>28426251
>>>28425667 (OP)
>The DEA continues to raid state legal dispensaries because the federal government doesn't give a fuck about states rights.
Except they don't. It's literally the one good thing Obongo has done (i feel a little unclean uttering that phrase)
>>
>>28425851
>degenerate
I'm sorry. Haven't taken my meds. Smoked a bowl, and now I feel bad. Have a good day. Come back at night.
>>
>>28426251
That sounds terrible. My child doesn't even like flashbangs.

I know thats always a possibility, but I'm just wondering how often it gets enforced. I keep to myself mostly and I have a squeaky clean record as a white guy in an upper middle class side of town.
>>
>>28426276
4473 is federal document
> source I sell guns in az have med card
>>
>>28426319

Maybe it's time for your child to try flashbangs again? The kid might appreciate them this time.
>>
Califag here, I had a med card when i got my first gun at Turners Outdoorsman. A lot of people in Cali like weed and contrary to popular belief we also enjoy guns. I know plenty of people that own guns and have their med cards. Just dont do anything stupid like driving under the influence and if you somehow got a cc permit then imo I wouldnt have any bud on me. Also most dispensaries have armed guards and they usually have their med cards too. Oh and ive been to a few dispensaries where the employees open carry as well

For people that hate the feds so much, you guys sure act like little bitches when it comes to rights other than the Second Amendment
>>
>>28426033
Found the idiot.
>>
>>28426395
Its because we have the religious republicans in power. They oppose quite a bit of things that would grant more freedom.
>>
>>28425922
You son of a bitch, I didn't come to /k/ for feels
>>
I buy my weed off of craigslist for exactly this reason. The cops wont care enough to set up a sting in a state with MMJ.
>>
>>28426395
I wouldn't recommend shooting under the influence either.

>>28426481
Yeah, look back thirty-forty years ago when the cultural conservatism left over from the WW2 generation ruled the roost. We're so much better off now.
>>
Another problrm I have is that it looks like they would restrict ammo as well.

I'm always trying to build up my ammo supply and this would make it a pain in the ass to order more online.
>>
>>28425784
Are you currently on /k/ for research purposes to better yourself and the human race as a whole? No? Fuck off faggot
>>
>>28427363
Hey no need to be heated friend. I like to hear all points of view.
>>
>>28426348
You have guns and a med card? How?
>>
>>28425667
how can they know about your medical recommendation unless you volunteer that information? there are laws about medical privacy you know
>>
>>28425667
>haven't smoked in years
>don't plan to be habitual

Why the fuck are you going through the trouble of getting a card then? Just go over to your friends place who smokes and buy an eighth from him if you really feel the urge to smoke socially.

But honestly just don't waste your money on that shit, put it towards tangible assets that are useful and hold value (guns, reloading equipment, tools, etc.)

Years from now the only thing you will have to show for your expense, if everything goes perfectly wrt the law, is a slightly higher risk of lung cancer.
>>
>>28429947
I heard they might keep a database full of card holders.

>>28430022
None of my friends smoke, and i get chronic migraines a few times a month.
>>
>>28429921
Stupid I live in az private sale
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.