[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /k/ Recently got my hands on this piece in pretty rusted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: IMAG0439.jpg (3 MB, 4224x2368) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0439.jpg
3 MB, 4224x2368
Hi /k/

Recently got my hands on this piece in pretty rusted condition. Some polishing and new handles later, it's here. However, I was still unable to properly ID the gun. I belive it's some kind of Nagant but the shape of the grip and spring mechanics inside do not match the usual, Russian ones.

I have more pics.
>>
File: IMAG0443.jpg (3 MB, 4224x2368) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0443.jpg
3 MB, 4224x2368
It has only two markings, those being "cal 7.62" and a little U with a star directly above it.
>>
File: IMAG0440.jpg (3 MB, 4224x2368) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0440.jpg
3 MB, 4224x2368
>>
nagant revolver
>>
>>28425798
I know it's a Nagant, I'm interested in it's exact model since I doubt this is the original Russian. Probably a copy of some kind.
>>
>>28425584
Probably a Swedish Nagant revolver.
>>
>>28425857
Way too many differences.
>>
>>28425763
I've never seen one with the screw heads on that side. Unless someone just put it together wrong.
>>
something seems off on this, for it to be a Nagant-pattern revolver it doesn't seem like the chamber has the spacing to cam forward to the barrel when the trigger is pulled
>>
>>28425920
Yes, that's exactly why I have my doubts.

I looked into Belgian copies but none has even a slight resemblance.

I have to point out the mechanism is completely different than normal Nagant. The inside of the handle is much more akin most normal double action revolvers, rather than a Nagant.
>>
>>28426001
Does it work?
>>
>>28426004
Not completely, sadly. You can cock it and it will fire but the trigger stays back and you have to manually pull it back into position. I'm missing one specific spring.

Haven't tried firing it yet.
>>
>>28425584
Literally have no idea what I'm looking at. It's a nagant alright but it's just... off. Where'd you get it from?
>>
>>28426833
I bought it off from some guy at weekly antique fare. Mostly random junk but from time to time pops up a gun or sabre or two. Croatia.
>>
Something about it is off in the way that it reminds me of those replica firearms.
>>
>>28425584
For one thing, the grip arrangement is wrong, standard nagants have 3 pieces, not two. The rod is also in the wrong shape. Barrel looks a bit shorter and thicker than it should be, loading gate is the wrong shape, and the screws are in the wrong places along the side plate. The left side should not have any screws, yet yours has three. The right side should have very prominent screw heads, but yours barely has any. I think it's some weird knock off, but for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would make a knockoff of something that was produced in the millions. Mind posting some pictures with the side plates off so we could see the internal mechanisms?
>>
Looks like a nagant got down syndrome
>>
>>28425584
looks homemade
no other markings?
>>
>>28425911
Screws are backwards? Definitely polish
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.