[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody with experience buying from Russia?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: s-l1600.jpg (245 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
245 KB, 1600x1066
Bought an original WW2 PU scope on ebay, and have the tracking number. Bought and paid for on December 8th of 2015. Estimated delivery via ebay is January 7th-25th. The only curious thing to me is it's been in transit to the United States after departing the Vnukovo International Airport. Been that way since the 19th of December. I'm just curious as to how long it would take for another update on it? Another week or two? Not anxious yet about it, just wondering what would hold up a plane sending a package for almost two weeks and no further update?
>>
>>28423420
Why are you coming to /k/ instead of calling or e-mailing the people with your package?
>>
>>28423629
I'm just asking people what their general experience is with a package coming from a place like Russia. Not asking them to fix MY problem, just what their experiences were. How long they waited on average.
>>
it may be a while it will take some time to export it from russia and then once it gets here US boards and customs will have it for some time especially with how thing are at the moment and after that it should be on the way to you
P.S. nice buy btw! hop it gets to you soon!
>>
Most stuff I've got from Russia take 1- 1 1/2 months to make it

And tracking often doesn't work in the us
>>
I ordered something from russia and when I got it it had a perfect boot hole in the side, I tested with my steel toe and it was very similar. I guess my customs doesn't like russia
>>
>>28423420
>Another week or two?
They've got holidays to January 10.
>>
>>28423420

I've ordered a few things from Russia via ebay (stripper clips, slings, etc) and tracking usually doesn't work. Ebay says they will update you as the package moves, but I've never received anything. I know it sucks because it may take a month to ship without any notifications, but eventually your scope will show up. If, by the end of this month, you haven't received it yet, I would email the seller and possibly get paypal involved for a refund if you are unable to reach them.
>>
File: 20151129_124748.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151129_124748.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
>>28423420
The shipping service in the US that got the package from Russia when I bought my scope mount didn't send track it either for whatever reason. They're weird about that
>>
Never ordered anything but I've visitee the country 60-70 times.

>be me two years ago
>go to Russia to buy surplus camo clothes because it's cheap
>don't speak or understand Russian
>go to a shabby little town where they are having a market
>have pics of various things on my phone so I can show the pic to indicate what I want
>go to a dude selling came and start scrolling through the pics to find a pic with shadow camo because that's what I wanted
>guy sees a range pic
>taps me on the back and takes me to his van
>pulls out a PSM pistol from a toolbox
>wants 6000 rubles for it
>offers me dope, too
>kinda tempted to buy the gun but not too eager to get caught with it so I decline

A year later I met the same guy and he tried selling me an hour with hooker. She was 14 tops.

It's a weird ass country when you go exploring the rural towns and ghettos.
>>
>>28423420
Stay the fuck away. Not only they make a point of laughing at gullible "pindosi" sending them money, but even their mail system will kick in and turn into a black hole in an unlikely case someone decent will actually try to send you anything.
>>
>>28423420
It doesn't update until it reaches American mail post.
>>
I can vouch sort of
I used soviet-power.com
Pretty good, lost of Russian writing on the package, not sure if it's Russia or Ukrainian based. When I got it I thought it was anthrax but it was just the beret I bought, wish I could take pic but not home right now
>>
>>28425322
That sounds fucking awesome!
I love skeezy shit (and Russia in general), despite the fact that I'm a middle class white guy.
I totally would have tried to ship that pistol home in multiple pieces.
>>
>>28425322

>$82 for a pistol

Should have shipped the parts sans frame back to the US
>>
>>28426238
And ship the frame with a bunch of toys in a separate package.
>>
>>28426238
I'm not an American.

>>28426235
I'm not exactly middle class, more like a poorfag student. But I love adventure and shady shit like that.
I'm too poor to travel to warm countries so I just drive to Russia few times a month.

It's weird country but I love it.

>be at the border crossing
>computers are down so it takes a while
>a Russian border patrol offices comes to my car
>notices that I'm playing Russian metal music
>apparently it made him happy so he offers me food and shakes my hand
>now every time I see him I wave hello and we listen to some music if he isn't too busy
>if there is traffic or some other hinderance we sometimes just sit on my car and chat for a while, like 10 minutes usually
>I speak Finnish, he speaks Russian
>neither of us understands what the other is saying
>regardless of that, they are awesome conversations snd laughs are had
>>
>>28426413
See, that sounds great.

I'm in the southern US, and used to be that you could drive to Mexico and have a similar kind of adventure.
Not now though. Too much violence around the drug smuggling has lead to heavy policing and it's a bit dangerous to walk around as a whitey gawking at stuff.

You keep having adventures man, because if you don't have a story what do you have?
>>
>>28423420
>>28423420
Shit from russia takes a while.
>Just wondering what would hold up a plane sending a package for almost two weeks and no further update?
Customs m8.
A lot of times it'll show up at your door before the tracking updates again.
>>
File: p4TRdce.jpg (75 KB, 800x742) Image search: [Google]
p4TRdce.jpg
75 KB, 800x742
i ordered some bars gorka suits in early December

>still haven't received it

i think Putin has it now
>>
>>28426862
Are there any plate carriers that go well with Gorka suits?
>>
>>28426862
Nah, shipping from Russia can take a while. Give it another month, then you can be worried.
>>
>>28423420
Russian Shipping takes AGES.

>Ordered Amphibia off Meranom back in May.
>Married in June.
>Visited 4 continents over the course of a months and a half.
>Came back.
>House foundation went down.
>Bricks went up.
>Roof went on.
>Walls were plastered.
>Floors were tiled.
And then I received my watch.
6 Months it took, but it's a really good watch for the price.
>>
>>28425322
>>28426413

dude this is neat
>>
File: Stich FG.jpg (144 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Stich FG.jpg
144 KB, 720x960
>>28427204
Just got this today, tried it on goes nice with my Gorka IV
>>
>>28428723
What is that?
>>
>>28423420
Should take some time so don't worry now, if it takes more than 2 1/2 month then you should probably contact them again.
>>
>>28426862
Mine took a little over a month so you are still in the green.
>>
>>28428723
Defender 2 Stich profi
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.