[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just found out you are supposed to use both eyes when aiming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: woody_4.jpg (852 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
woody_4.jpg
852 KB, 2000x1500
I just found out you are supposed to use both eyes when aiming down sights. Ever since I was a kid, I've always closed one eye. How fucked am I?
>>
The second eye is just for maintaining situational awareness and better depth perception
>>
Eh, not really. You can break yourself out of the habit with training. It honestly doesn't matter much, unless you plan on operating in close quarters.
>>
>>28421682
>>28421682
>He never watched Pocahontas
>>
>>28421682
Not very, figure out which dominate you are and practice holding both open. If you have problems focusing try squinting the non dominate eye or put a piece of scotch take or something on your safety glasses to blurr the non dominate eye. I shoot both eyes open but I feel like its super important with shooting pistol. I'm sure ill get proven wrong though.
>>
>>28421713

Fucking excellent.
>>
>tfw cross dominant
>tfw can't look down sights with both eyes open
>>
I could never do it. Everything is just blurry
>>
>>28421682
No, I am left eye dominant and right handed. I don't see how I can aim down sights without closing my left eye. I shoot fine so IDK what the problem is.
>>
>>28421814
>No, I am left eye dominant and right handed
Well, this doesn't work well for rifles, but if you're shooting handguns you could always keep both eyes open if you twist your grip slightly so that the gun stays in your right hand, but the sights line up on your left eye. I do this every now and then when I practice off-hand shooting, except it's backwards for me so I hold with my left (non-dominant) and aim with my right (dominant).
>>
>>28421814
Same man, following this thread to see if anyone has good advice. Shooting is a real guessing game for me half the time. Good thing I only go for schools though.
>>
>>28421682
There's nothing objectively wrong with it if all you do is shoot at the range and everything wrong with it if you are getting into gunfights or in bear country often.
>>
>>28421774
hickok45 can do it

>>28421814
you just shove your head over so your left eye is lined up
>>
>>28422081
Does the left eye thing actually work?
>>
>>28422102
It's a pain to do with a handgun and impossible with a rifle. It's easier to alter your grip than try to move your head to accommodate the grip.
>>
I shoot both eyes open at distances under like fifty yards. With magnified optics I think it's fine to shoot with one eye closed because you're not really getting a good composite picture anyway, but for 1x magnification optics both eyes open works.

You can get on target quicker using both eyes
>>
>>28422132
The Boss can figure it out, why can't you?
>>
I'm already blind in my right eye so I haven't got a choice

How fucked am I?
>>
>>28422262
That's true.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.