[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me out /K/omrades. I'm currently building my first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: XSTSBV1016a.jpg (27 KB, 480x312) Image search: [Google]
XSTSBV1016a.jpg
27 KB, 480x312
Help me out /K/omrades. I'm currently building my first AR and the last part I need is a muzzle device. I can't decide between getting a suppressor threaded Spikes Dynacomp (pic Related) in preparation for the possibility of the hearing protection act getting passed and Suppressors being deregulated, or just a standard A2 birdcage. What Muzzle devices do you recommend and why. Barrel is a melonited 16 inch 5.56 with 1/7 twist if that makes any difference to you.
>>
Just get an A2.

What ever silencer you buy will have a muzzle device
>>
a2 is fine
>>
>>28420978

What's your use?

Tacticooling?
Fun?
Competition?
>>
>>28421007
Fun with a possibility of armature competition. I did all the "tacticooling". I ever wanted or needed to do in the Marine Corps
>>
A2 or a $15 brake off Amazon. The cheap ones work just as good if not better. Don't bother with pricey muzzle devices until you've bought a can. The ones for my omega can are ~$75
>>
>>28421029

A2 is cheap.

Probably a brake style comp if you're going to gun game, depending on the class or rules.

Will you really use a thread on style suppressor mount instead of a QD or ratchet type? Nothing wrong with it but like >>28420992 said each company basically has one.

In the end, they're removable.
>>
>>28421029

Also there's a comparison of actual flash hiding somewhere, if that matters. Some are much better than others.
>>
Thr a2 is unbeatable for $/performance in flash hiding.
>>
>>28421029
Thank you for your serpents.

It seems to me like you'd want a standard flash hider anyway because you probably won't have a suppressor on the rifle 100% of the time. At least get something to cover the threads.
>>
File: IMAG0452.jpg (84 KB, 799x771) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0452.jpg
84 KB, 799x771
>>28422638
Simple Threaded Device comes close, and reduces shot loudness for the user.

http://www.amazon.com/Simple-Threaded-Devices-Black-finish/dp/B00K0213SG
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.