[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Range Etiquette
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Spongebob Steveo.jpg (14 KB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
Spongebob Steveo.jpg
14 KB, 325x244
Hey /k/. I am gonna go to a range and I need tips on range etiquette. Can you guys make me look like something other than a total retard?
>>
>>28419992
Don't be retarded and you'll be good.
>How?
Ask yourself if what you're doing is retarded
>Yes?
Stop doing it
>No?
Continue.

I hope this has been helpful and remember have fun and be safe.
>>
>>28419992
literally never point the gun anywhere except downrange

don't even tilt it slightly away

if u r noob learn proper hand-grip for basic stuff like AR and handguns
>>
>>28419992
It's considered good luck to pelt the shooter to your right with hot brass out of your beat-to-hell wasr. Also everyone will be very appreciative if collect their brass while they're shooting and take it home with you, so you have a way to remember your first time.
>>
make sure to bring a revolver and spin it around near a bunch of people without any indication to whether or not its loaded

it will make you look like a cool hardened veteran cowboy and will get you respect
>>
Keep weapons pointed down range at all times
dont load away from the firing line
wear ear and eye protection
if this is an outdoor range, make sure to unload and lock bolt open during a cease fire
dont shoot someone elses target(I hate finding extra holes in my paper)
>>
walk up to people and ask to use their glock 20 if they have a handgun, and their ar 18/ ak 47 if its an assault rifle

this is shooter slang and it will show you know your stuff
>>
>>28420064
Is eye protection really necessary? I've never worn eye protection at the range and I've only lost one eye since.
>>
>>28420048
Make sure your hot brass goes down the shirts of large breasted women. They think its hot.

kek
>>
if its the right type of range, keep asking the attendants to make the range cold so you can go out and inspect your target but not actually change it

it shows people you r really serious about your aim and not their 2 mess around
>>
lol if u r actually new to shooting look up vids on how to load a magazine by hand so you don't look like total child

also put gun down safety up so that you don't shoot yourself
>>
>>28420118
>>28420086
>>28420063

this
>>28420048
>>28420118
>>
File: 1357761632536.jpg (10 KB, 210x200) Image search: [Google]
1357761632536.jpg
10 KB, 210x200
>>28419992
Don't be retarded
Don't be autistic
Don't be an asshole

magically not doing those three things means you will have a seamless gun range experience and be welcomed back with open arms next time you need to pew pew your babykilling A'salt weapeonz
>>
File: 1448457563986.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1448457563986.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
Except for this,

>>28420026
>>28420035
>>28420171

Take everything in this thread and do the opposite.
>>
don't one hand a draco pistol.

apparently RO's tend to get a little pissy about people doing that.
>>
>>28420241
Thats odd. According to law. Pistols are designed to be shot one handed. This is the reason foregrips arent allowed on pistols.
>>
Don't touch your fucking bench/guns while people are downrange.

You want to reload your mags? Grab that shit and sit away from your guns before the range goes cold.
>>
>>28419992
>go to range
>get in lane
>stare down RO
>wink
>load mags
>send all but 5 rounds down range
>tactically back pedal while sweeping 45 degrees left and right to cover your ass
>wink at RO for second time
>repeat
>>
>>28420261
that's what I told him. he didn't like that response.

10min later he told us are time was up.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.