[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jungle style
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 388x599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 388x599
Is it dumb to tape your magazines together this way?
>>
>>28418899

Everything about that picture is dumb.
>>
>>28418899
I'm sure magpul has some $12 clip they'll sell you to replace the $.06 worth of duct tape you'd otherwise use.
>>
>>28418899
For a fixed position of heavy fighting... no...

It would be extremely heavy and cumbersome on the move though. Some soldiers in Vietnam had 5 magazines tapped together simply because the only reason they would leave their position is if they were leaving in a body bag.
>>
>>28418899
>Polish flag

There's your explanation.
>>
No, not if you've practiced shooting with them and can reload more quickly.

I think there gets to a point of diminishing return, though. Pairs work well without adding excessive unbalanced weight
>>
not if you practice with the magazines and can manage them well

same goes for ammo loops/ magazines on the buttstock

keep weight in mind, too
>>
>>28418955
Someone should bust out Photoshop and give Polandball a rifle with taped mags.
>>
>>28418899
It makes sense if you don't have a mag pouch or other LBE to provide easy access to magazines. If you DO, that's a much better solution.
>>
>>28418899
depends if you practice and how many of them you actually tape together

if its just 2 in the gun and the rest of them are singles fine

if youve got like 3 taped together and the rest of your mags are taped together you are an idiot

how you attach them matters
what that guy is doing is stupid cause if he ever goes prone his spare mag is now full of dirt

generally you want both mags facing up and staggered
>>
File: 1401933388037.jpg (47 KB, 386x328) Image search: [Google]
1401933388037.jpg
47 KB, 386x328
>>28418899
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQpfQd1397E
>>
Travis Haley said he used to have two magazines taped together with a stick as a spacer as his "starter" that's what he kept loaded in the gun, and when he tock contact, he'd have 30 shots, sub 2 second reload, 30 shots. Then he'd reload as normal.

But given how times have changed, he now advocates 1 or two magazines on the support side in single mag pouches like tacos or itw fastmags. That's just as quick with practice, and you can cycle fresh mags into those pouches during a lull in the fighting

I've considered both methods.
>>
>>28418899
No, but I'd imagine it'd be a bitch to transport a bunch of taped mags.
>>
>>
>>28421432
oblig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQpfQd1397E
>>
>>28418920
>clip
>>
File: ruger.jpg (14 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ruger.jpg
14 KB, 500x500
>>28418899
Why didn't he just use a doublemag?
>>
>>28421556
well meme'd anon.
>>
>>28418899
I could see upsides

if you had nowhere to store your mags, due to lack of pouches or because you ere operating but naked maybe

also maybe if you were wading through rivers or marshes, it would allow you to keep all your mags clean and dry
>>
>>28418899
>AK with jungle mags
Maximum sex
>>
>>28418899
>Marcin, how will you carry all that sausage?
>I will use my pouches!
>Kurwa! But what about your magazines
>>
>>28418899
What's dumb is that he doesn't have any stylish bakelites.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.