[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Syrian rebels using WW2 American weapons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: cia-intelligence-syrian-rebels.jpg (113 KB, 690x388) Image search: [Google]
cia-intelligence-syrian-rebels.jpg
113 KB, 690x388
So Seymour Hersh just broke a story on the Obama admin's strategy in Syria and makes the claim the the Joint Chiefs opposed Obama's work with Turkey to aid the rebels because they were helping ISIS and JAN.

He says they pentagon, opposing the president's orders, circumvented the administration and passed intelligence on to countries with the understanding that it would be shared with Assad's regime. They also apparently complied with programs in arming the "moderate rebels" but did so with "the most obsolete weapons in our arsenal" such as "m1 carbines that hadn't seen service since the korean war."

I can't say I've seen a single picture or video footage of anyone in Syria with an M1 carbine. Anyone got anything?

I know this isn't /pol/ but here is the article for reference

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v38/n01/seymour-m-hersh/military-to-military
>>
>>28418390
Why are you taking that senile old ultraleftist fart seriously?
>>
Strongly doubt. I mean, CMP barely sells Carbines anymore, those stocks are surely all but depleted by now. To say nothing of the availability of .30 in Syria.
>>
"the most obsolete weapons in our arsenal"

>mfw the pentagon gave the Syrians flintlock muskets
>>
i like using old weapon in insurgency,mp40 and moist nugget especially
>>
>>28418403
Well that's what I'm wondering. If there are actually M1carbines being given to rebels to circumvent Obama's anti-assad policy.
>>
File: 1411084076050.jpg (15 KB, 200x303) Image search: [Google]
1411084076050.jpg
15 KB, 200x303
>>28418644

>It's not Obama administration that prevents Pentagon from going all Soviet invasion of Afghanistan on Syrian rebels from fear of publim image at home and Russian propaganda agencies
>>
>>28420578
apparently the Obama and hillary dream team has been supporting regime change in Syria for quite some time. Michael Sheuer says that the CIA moreso than any other agency serves the president. They wouldnt have been smuggling weapons into Syria from libya if Obama didn't want them to.
>>
File: m1-garand-syria.jpg (394 KB, 600x911) Image search: [Google]
m1-garand-syria.jpg
394 KB, 600x911
>>
>>28421449
I thought that was in Colombia?
>>
>>28421011
They did support it from the beginning. I remember when the SAS was being down there and Obama wanted to declare war, but got btfoed.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.