[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is brazing and dremel tool good enough to make functional reliable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 500x375
Is brazing and dremel tool good enough to make functional reliable durable homemade guns?
>>
>>28418089

Yep, it's more than enough.
>>
>>28418125

See here:

http://www.theflatspot.net/derringer-45lc410-sideplates--breech-face.html
>>
>>28418089
beats a bench grinder and duct tape
>>
>>28418089
Beats a hacksaw hammer and screw.

Or...paper and glue, if you go that rout.
>>
Stick welders are like 100 bucks though.

Fucking why?
>>
>>28418219
stupid people don't have the skill to stick weld, even if it is easy as piss.
>>
What type of gun are you trying to make?
>>
>>28418177
>Or...paper and glue, if you go that rout.

Paper and glue you say
https://youtu.be/Hl5BLMoplcI
>>
>>28418089
dremel sure brazing ehhh really depends
if you are substituting brazing for welding no
if is like sights or something sure
>>
>>28419621
What the fuck is going on here
I'm so confused
How does it not have any power and how does the casing not explode and how does the pressure not destroy it

FUCKING WHAT
Dem sneeky Koreans man.
>>
>>28420067
I'm pretty sure the ammo he's firing has the powder removed, and the only power is generated by the primers.
>>
>>28420130
I didn't know primers had that much power.
>>
>>28420484
I think he uses homemade primers and bullets.
>>
File: 20151120_231719.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151120_231719.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
>>28420662
>>28420484
>>28420130
>>28420067
>>28419621
I'm in the process of making a paper makarov. That guy uses his own bullets. He sometimes uses paper cases but uses brass ones too. He makes his own primers from aluminum cans and the armstrong mixture from cap guns. The powder is about a dozen ground up match heads. The actual bullet varies with that specific user. Some of his are actual copper and lead bullets, some are wood, if I remember right some are clay, and all kinds of other things. Here is a picture of my build. I have more parts than whats shown in the picture here. The trigger guard, hammer, and trigger are almost complete.
>>
>>28420844
What does he use for the barrel?
>>
>>28421442
He has a number of different guns and he likes to experiment with new things, but they're mostly paper too. He even has rifling in them though. He has a video on that. I think one or two of his guns shoot .22lr and he uses barrel liner for those and of course more shit around that. I plan on buying some cheap .22 barrel and using that for my makarov build or using a barrel liner and building my own barrel. You just have to get imaginative, try new things, and be willing to lose a finger or something. There is a very small paper gun community on youtube and most barrels are completely paper. The bullets used are considerably weaker than a true bullet you would buy from the store, although some other guys made 1911s that shoot into/through some small pieces of gel. I feel like the density of the gel may be off or something though. I have no experience making ballistics gel.
https://youtu.be/l_v9n2qSW14
https://youtu.be/U_Ee0P9yH6o
I plan on making a 9x18 barrel for the makarov and can try to make some videos like this sometime maybe. If you have questions feel free to ask. Obviously I will be using my own lighter ammo like those other guys.
>>
>>28421442
Paper
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.