[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody have one of these? Looking for a firearm to keep in my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
Anybody have one of these? Looking for a firearm to keep in my vehicle/take to the range/home defense. Live in AZ, we have open carry, so may consider carrying it. I want a .45, I'm pretty much set between this or the XDM. Which is better?
>>
>>28417822

PPQ has a better trigger. That's pretty much all it has going for it.
>>
>>28417835
>better ergonomics
>easier to fire
>more aesthetic
>carries better bc of shape
>and of course the trigger
nigger pls
>>
>>28417904

>subjective
>subjective
>subjective
>subjective
>and of course something objective

1 round less in the mag too, faget.
>>
>>28417929
>y-you're only arguing opinions
this is entirely opinion based you retarded faggot. a gun that someone loves may not work at all for another person.
your newfag is showing
>>
File: IMG_20131114_195116.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20131114_195116.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>28417822
Eurofag here, have one. Carries well and is a pleasure to shoot. It being complerely ambidextrous and having different sized backstraps are bonuses too. Make sure you get the Classic or M1 version that has the superiour paddle release.

I've shot the HS2000, and while it was better than a Klok it didn't leave me a lasting impression. Definitely go for the Walther, unless you get an excellent deal for the HS.

Pic related, the P99 and HS that I was testing.
>>
>>28418145

I agree completely. Read in between the lines: it was stupid answer for a stupid question.
>>
>>28417822
Consider H&K VP45. Including, but not limited to: "wings", a.k.a. "ears" (for weak hands or one arm chambering), paddle mag release (surprisingly convenient). The "LE edition" comes with night sights standard and three mags.
>>
>>28419341
They don't make a vp45
>>
Both are shit just get a fucking Glock 21 or 41 you dumbass faggot
>>
>>28419225
>I...I...I'm not dumb, it's OP who's dumb. I...I...I was just being pretend dumb.
> deflecting this hard on an anonymous board
>>
File: 20140531_000614(1).jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20140531_000614(1).jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
>>28417822
I've got a 9mm PPQ. M1 variant, because I prefer the Euro-paddle-style magazine release to the button in your picture.

That looks like one of the 5" models. I've only used the standard slide length. I'd heard they were making one in .45, but haven't personally shot one.

The PPQ is a pleasure to shoot in 9mm. Ergos are good, has a sweet trigger. Some folks consider it on the lighter side for CCW, but I haven't had any issues with it. Doesn't go off unless I press the trigger. It was everything I wanted in a Glock replacement.

Again, I haven't shot either the 5" or the .45 variants. Your mileage may vary.
>>
>>28418742
>paddle release
>superior

Stay cucked Europoors

That being said both are great guns and you can't go wrong with either. PPQ is lighter, more ergonomic, and has a better trigger, XDM has a longer sight picture and holds more rounds.
>>
I don't own one,
but have fired my buddies, and I do like it.
I'm strongly considering getting my own.
That or a H&K vp9
>>
>>28419401
My bad, seen references to VP45 so many times that forgot that it's the "coming out soon" model. VP9, then. Or wait till they make up their mind.

Meanwhile, go to a range that rents out guns, rent a 9mm striker fired Walther, rent VP9, compare and think about it. To extend this, when I was choosing my first gun, *all* my friends I asked for advice said (independently) what I said above: rent, shoot, decide. Don't buy a gun until after you had a chance to shoot it, you may like how it feels in your hand but absolutely hate how it shoots.
>>
File: IMG_20151023_071500.jpg (66 KB, 680x637) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151023_071500.jpg
66 KB, 680x637
>>28417904
PPQ is marginal and over priced There I said it. There are upgrades that will turn it into a better gun but why buy a gun for 500+ that needs tweeking, you would be looking at a glock forb that right?

Cons
Plastic guide rod, tiny plastic guide rails.
Pros
Good ergonomics, yes
Good shape for carry, yes I'll admit it could be.
Capacity of a 40 without the extra punch?

Your holster and positioning for your dress and body type can do wonders.
>>
>>28417822
open carry = "shoot me first" + "look at that pussy with a gun". Consider concealed carry, since you don't need a permit for that in AZ either (except when you travel out of state).

You'll need something smaller for CC, though, at least in the summer.
>>
>>28419655
M1 master race. I prefer the paddle. The 5" barrel is pointless as a CCW.
>>
>>28421491
>VP9, then
Or VP40
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.