[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Concrete Proof that .22 has no stopping power and will only piss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: british 762x39.jpg (115 KB, 1019x654) Image search: [Google]
british 762x39.jpg
115 KB, 1019x654
A 36gr .22lr leave the barrel at just about 1100fps with 96.706 ft lbs. of energy.

A major league pitcher can easily throw a 5.5oz baseball at 92mph with 97.263 ft lbs of energy.

When was the last time someone was killed by a baseball? How many times have you seen a pissed off batter charge the mound after getting hit by a pitch?

This is all the proof you need that .22lr is useless and will only piss someone off and make them charge at you.

SCIENCE FACT!
>>
There's a reason they wear batting helmets dumbass
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Chapman
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dodge_(baseball)
>>
Well baited my friend
>>
>>28416337
Many people have been killed by baseballs. Many people have been killed with 22lr.
>>
>>28416337
a baseball is 74.6mm in diameter whereas a .22 lr is 5.6mm in diameter

so the same energy is being dispersed over a larger area with the baseball and condensed into the smaller area of the bullet.

would you let someone shoot a 22 at you?

i didnt think so
>>
>>28416443
>would you let someone shoot a 22 at you?
Already been done before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE5u3ThYyl4
>>
>ITT OP shows that he doesn't know shit about basic physics.
>>
>>28416477
The maths doesn't lie.
>>
File: Sirhan_Sirhan.gif (55 KB, 339x480) Image search: [Google]
Sirhan_Sirhan.gif
55 KB, 339x480
Someone should really tell RFK that he's not dead
>>
>>28416337
>Stopping power
Stopped reading after that.
If I shoot you in the head with a .22 it's going to stop you.
If I shoot you several times in the chest with .22 its going to stop you.
What's more I probably could shoot you several times in the chest since its so controllable.
>>
>>28416493
>maths
Well, there's your problem right there. You're a limey.
>>
>>28416457
fucking boomers
"muh ART"
>>
>>28416508
He was killed by LBJs hit squad
>>
>>28416337
Why do you think batters wear helmets dumbass. The energy is enough, the sectional density precludes anything more than blunt force trauma.
>>
>>28416337

So, we're saying that the small and fast .22lr is more deadly than a large slow baseball with an equivalent amount of energy?

Small and fast > than fat and slow

9mm > .45 ACP

.45 fags blown the fuck out. Go back to your baseball rounds Mr Fudd.
>>
File: SAGE5.jpg (109 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
SAGE5.jpg
109 KB, 640x480
>>28416337
>posts a click bait thread
>>28416457
>shills his own video

>shills his utube channel as a name
i have zero respect for you.
>>
>>28417778
Is that what we're saying?
>>
>>28417860
But do you respect the power of the fastball?
>>
>JohnnyIShitPost being wrong again

Color me shocked.
>>
>>28417890
The maths doesn't lie.
>>
Kind of funny, since .22 currently holds the highest death count of any caliber
>>
>>28417943
There is no "maths", just numbers you compared, trying (and failing) to make sense of it.
There are two ways of killing someone with energy: penetration and shock (there is also pressure, but that's not really relevant).

To put very broadly:
Penetration is how much area you have to dissipate the energy. Shock is how much time/length you have to dissipate the energy.
>>
That must be why it was the caliber of choice for Mossad's hitmen. And jews don't fuck around.
>>
>>28418065
Jews have a fabulous sense of humor. Adam Sandler, Henry Winkler.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.