[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best gun for a /fit/izen? I realize my gains
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 1448968808305.jpg (55 KB, 599x752) Image search: [Google]
1448968808305.jpg
55 KB, 599x752
What's the best gun for a /fit/izen? I realize my gains won't protect me from a tribe of dindus but I'm a bit limited by budget, can't really buy a handgun because I'm 19 so rifles or shotguns are next best thing, I was thinking getting a mosin because cheap ammo and reliable what do you guys recommend?
>>
Your gains won't protect you from being off topic, either.

What do you want to do with said gun?
>>
I have a 590A1. 12 gauge is ubiquitous, plentiful, and cheap just about everywhere.
>>
>>28415656
Home defense, maybe even hunting
>>
>>28415609
>What's the best gun for a /fit/izen?
>I'm 19
The same gun that would be best for an obese, 19 year old neckbeard. Guns are the great equalizer.

>mosin
No. Prices have jumped in recent years and cheap surplus has completely dried up. In some places, it's cheaper to buy new production 7.62x54r than it is to buy a spam can.

There are two options since handguns have been ruled out, an AR or a shotgun. ARs can be built for ~$400 these days and shoot cheap ammo; they're also great for home defense, no matter what the fudds say. Something like a Mossberg 500 would be a good HD gun as well and also can shoot cheap ammo.

Also, when I say "build", I mean buying a separate upper and lower from PSA then slapping them together. No real work or tools are required.
>>
>>28415609
If you think a 125 year old, four foot long, five shot, bolt action rifle is your best chance for self defense you have a lot of learning to do.
>>
>>28415850
Yes, I know I do, I don't know much about guns and I don't have a lot of money
>>
>>28415692
Shitshit 12 gauge.

Maybe a Maverick 88.
>>
AR15 or AK if you can afford it, they're not expensive
If you can't a shotgun is fine
If you can't afford that get a job at McDonald's or something damn
>>
>>28415865
You need to focus more on making more money, or moving out of a shit neighborhood, than wasting your money on a half-assed ill-thought method to treat a problem you're creating
>>
>>28415867
Cheapshit.

My bad.

But yeah, a shotgun can be had for under 250, can defend your house, and can hunt pretty much anything between mice and moose.
>>
>>28415609
Hey im looking for a gun to protect myself with agains a bunch of dindus, hmmmm i know i will buy a long bolt action five shoot rifle.

If you are looking for a edc buy a pistol. If you are tight with money you should get a cz99 its a all around decent firearm.
>>
>>28416060
I can afford a Remington 870 express or a mossberg 500 should I go for it and like 150 rounds of birdshot?
>>
>>28416137
I'm 19 I can't buy a handgun yet but a cz 75 looks promising
>>
>>28416152
Fucking stop being lazy and do your own research.

Look up the difference in length between a mosin and either of those shotguns. Is one shorter than the other? If you're using it in your house, is it going to be long enough that you might clothesline yourself trying to get through a doorway? Grab a tape measure (which if you dont have, you need to kill yourself immediately) and set it to the length of the rifles in question and see if you can physically maneuver them through the area you plan to use it.

Look up the difference in ammo capacity. Which one holds the highest amount of shots? Not fucking birdshot pellets, I mean how many times can you pull the trigger/how many chances do you have to not get nigger raped until you're just holding a metal stick?

Going with a shotgun and more ammunition to practice with is certainly wise. Maybe enough ammo to get some decent practice in. Do you know where you can go to practice shooting? Do you have public land available where you can legally discharge firearms? Are there indoor/outdoor ranges around you?

Do the indoor ranges allow you to use birdshot (pro tip, nearly none do)? If not you'll have to factor buying buckshot into your clearly laughable budget.

Do the outdoor ranges even let you shoot anything that's not trap/clay/pigeon with a shotgun? Home defense shotgun shooting is a long ways away from shooting at orange circles in the air. The few outdoor ranges I've been to (all the ones in my state suck serious ass) will only allow shotguns on the rifle range if you're using slugs, at a minimum distance of 50 yards, also not even close to what you're intending to use it for.

I know you're young but you have to grow the fuck up if you think you're going to be the tough guy with a big gun shooting at "dindus"
>>
>>28416338
So I just fill a water gun with my jizz and that's it?
>>
File: Breakfast.jpg (372 KB, 1200x849) Image search: [Google]
Breakfast.jpg
372 KB, 1200x849
>>28415609
You need to invest in yourself and get a better job if your looking at getting some cheapass shit like this
>inb4 poorfag /k/ goes insane.
>>
>>28416338
It's nor to shoot at them just that where I live there's been a lot of breakins lately so I wanna defend myself I live alone so that doesn't help
>>
File: 1451808763558.jpg (30 KB, 417x388) Image search: [Google]
1451808763558.jpg
30 KB, 417x388
>>28416556
>that out of place Springfield
>>
Let me refrase the question: hey /k/ what weapon can I get to defend myself and maybe even hunt, I have 1000$ budget and I'm looking for a rifle and a shotgun
>>
>>28416667
Build a PSA AR for $500ish
Get a Mossberg 500 for like $260
why hasn't janny deleted this thread yet, everything you want is in the sticky
>>
Get a mossberg .30-30 lever action
>>
>>28415609

>im wee mohammed, welcome to jackass

>im wee mohammed, welcome to jihadass

not sure which one is better
>>
>>28416515
If that's all you're capable of handling, yes

>>28416581
holy shit you fucking stupid nigger

You're buying a gun to not shoot at the people who would break in and do you harm?

You just fucking said that there's been break ins in your area and you want to defend yourself, but your cheap ass gun you want to buy isn't going to be used to shoot them?

Are you actually retarded
>>
>>28417674
I mean in the sense not to go out and shoot a random person for no reason I will shoot anyone that tries to fuck my shit up
>>
Fellow /fit/izen here. Can't go wrong building an AR. ~$500 will get you something pretty decent to start with.
>>
>>28417730
>I mean in the sense not to go out and shoot a random person for no reason
Well gee, that's a relief.

Do you know your state's laws on self defense, their interpretation of castle doctrine if any, etc?
>>
>>28417743
Florida man, stand your ground applies here
>>
File: 1422160952315.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1422160952315.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>28415609
You could say there was only a little jihad that day.
>>
>>28417891
CARLOS!
>>
>>28415609
Rossi Ranch Hand. Be a cowboy.
>>
>>28417987
I'm too beaner
>>
>>28417730

Holy fucking fuck where did you get "go out and shoot random people" from "don't be a fucking idiot"

I told you do to your own research and you're thinking you're supposed to out and shoot people?

I'm genuinely asking you as from one member of this world to another, please either kill yourself or seek medical help to help your severe lack of basic cognitive reasoning.
>>
>>28418622
I was replying to the other anon who said I'm gonna but a gun but not shoot people....
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.