[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discuss defensive loads, personal experiences, shitpost about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 45.jpg (4 KB, 320x102) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
4 KB, 320x102
Discuss defensive loads, personal experiences, shitpost about 9mm

I'm getting a .45 for home defense/CCW/hiking in big cat territory and really don't know anything about the recent defensive loads. What would you suggest? I'm most likely getting a full-size USP.
>>
>>28415347
>Defensive Loads

HSTs or Gold Dots.

Really any Grainage will work.
>>
185 gr Remington gold saber or bust

Also there's no such handgun in existence that will work well for all ccw, home defense, and hiking.
>>
>>28415426
>Also there's no such handgun in existence that will work well for all ccw, home defense, and hiking.
.357mag handloaded for whatever situation
>>
>>28415386
I ordered some 124gr +P and 147gr HSTs for my Shield, am I correct in my way of thinking to carry the 124gr during winter and the 147gr during summer?
>>
>>28415482

Really think a .357 is necessary? I'm pretty sure a .45 could put down anything I see in the woods, I'm not going in grizzly territory.
>>
File: image.jpg (406 KB, 1140x484) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
406 KB, 1140x484
Speer gold dot
Or
Federal hst
Both pass the FBI testing with flying colors,
>>
>>28415624
It doesnt matter because you will never use it. Just buy whatever makes your pee pee feel good.
>>
>>28415347

Hijacking your thead fami, we europe now

I carry a 9mm with a 3" barrel, what is the best hands down for shorter 9para?

I'm looking for 147 hst, but i've also heard you should use 115 hornady with the pleasure tip for more reliable clothing pen and expansion.

I'll be carrying this in hot summers and very mild winters, i don't think i have to push through 3 layers of parka and denim.
>>
>>28415347
For animals, use the original 230-grain FMJ loading.

Yes, I am serious.
>>
>>28415599
>am I correct in my way of thinking to carry the 124gr during winter and the 147gr during summer?
There is no reason to switch. If you want piece of mind about performance through clothing, just drink the .45 kool-aid.
>>
>>28415599
why would the season change what grain bullet you carry?
>>
The lack of HST, Gold Dots, and Critical Duty (much less the +P versions) is really forcing me to buy HydraShoks and Ultimate Defense (the hollow point cartridge formerly known as Remington Golden Saber).
This is really annoying as if Federal doesn't understand the large demand they have for these JHPs.
>>
>>28415840
>>28415851

>hasnt seen the FBI case study where .40 failed to penetrate more than an inch because the guy they were shooting was wearing a down coat

falsesenseofsecurity.png
>>
>>28416445

It's hard as fuck to buy HST in my city.

Only two LGS carry them and they each only get 10 boxes every other week because that's all the wholesaler can give each store. Some a-hole will always buy all 10 at one time too.

Guy at the counter said all the tacticool fudds think they have to shoot $25/20 round to "train like you fight"

They understand the demand, they just can't keep up with it.
>>
>>28415347

Buffalo bore 230 grn +P flat nose.

Hollow points a shit.
>>
>>28415743

The tipped for her pleasure rounds also help with cycling/feeding.
>>
>>28417065

I don't have any real feeding issues... but i'll take that into consideration.

I'm carrying a khar mk9, and the one thing kahr has on their instruction manual is to not use nickle plated brass for some reason.

Why? Most of the SD ammo i've seen is nickle plated cases what the fuck mayne
>>
>>28416957
I'm just trying to get some HST backups. I know that a carry gun has to get its load changed every 2 to 5 years, or the fucker will stop working properly.

I only have two boxes of HST in the over three years that I've owned a gun. If I extend that, it's going to be 8 to 20 years protection. Shitsux.
>>
>>28415347

I train with Speer Gold Dots. My only complaint really is the price.
>>
>>28415743
What do you normally shoot?

115?

124?

147?

Use the same defensive load grains as whatever you practice with tbqh.

Some ammo have analogues like this for example, Speer makes lawman ammo that's basically training loads that are similar to Gold Dots in terms of recoil and feel.
>>
File: 53651.jpg (106 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
53651.jpg
106 KB, 1000x1000
>>28417194
>I train with Speer Gold Dots.

L A W M A N

L A W M A N
>>
>>28417234
>>28417257
For HST, what's a good training load in comparison?
>>
hst or gold dats
sgammo.com
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.