[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Howdy /k/ameraden, I am in need of assistance. I'm planning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
Howdy /k/ameraden, I am in need of assistance.

I'm planning out my first AR build, which I'll be pursuing sometime this summer. I'm familiar with all but 2 things: the gas system tuning and barrel selection.

Barrel selection is more a matter of practicality, since I'm going to be subjecting to some pretty rough use if my past use with my buddies' AR is any indication. I was thinking of a standard chrome-lined barrel, 14.5 inches, with a 1:8 twist, but I'm wondering if I'd be better served with a CHF barrel. Also what profile is going to be durable but not heavy as hell?

Next the Gas system. I know that mid and carbine length systems overlap, so is there an advantage to one or the other?

Lastly I need a rail, and I'd like to save weight in some way. Is there a better option than keymod?

AR general I guess. Pic unrelated.
>>
File: Koala.jpg (763 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763 KB, 1024x768
>>28414801
you are autistic as fuck

pic related i would trust a koala bear with everything from handling my weapons to serving in combat with me before i trusted you
>>
>>28414825
U wot m8

How is this autistic on the home board of guys that have literally had sex with a nugget and sleep with their rifles because muh raifu?
>>
>>28414846
I sleep with my rifle because if I left it outside of my sleep system I would probably either be smoked to shit or have a fucked up, freezing cold, icy M4.

I fuck my wife when I can

And this board is gay as fuck because of the people (like you) who are so fucking retarded and pussy they can't contribute anything good so make retarded threads to draw attention to themselves
>>
>>28414862
Also use a 1/7 twist you fuck
>>
>>28414801
20" CHFCL HBAR barrel 1/7
VLTOR A5 stock
KAC full-length FFR and BUIS
aluminum lower
LMT/CMT/Colt LPK

bam, perfect rifle.

20" or bust with AR's, 5.56 was meant for speed, not short barrels. want a short barrel? 300BLK or 7.62x39
>>
>>28414862
I contribute in threads where I know shit. I usually stick to treadhead and whatnot. And it seems like every AR circle jerk is dedicated to a receiver or stock or something totally unrelated. Gas systems get so little love so excuse me for asking a Damned question.
>>
>>28414801
>I was thinking of a standard chrome-lined barrel, 14.5 inches, with a 1:8 twist, but I'm wondering if I'd be better served with a CHF barrel. Also what profile is going to be durable but not heavy as hell?
CHF is nice. I would suggest a carbine profile.
>Next the Gas system. I know that mid and carbine length systems overlap, so is there an advantage to one or the other?
The carbine gas length supposedly works best with a 14.5 barrel. I have shot carbine and mid, can't tell a difference
>rail
that's up to you
>>
>>28414891
You asked it like you needed approval for knowing so much, big boy

Gas systems don't deserve love...they're part of a weapon not a lonely girl at a bar.
>>
>>28414885
But muh 77 grain
>>28414887
>aluminum lower
Is that ever even a question? It's not containing a shit ton of force, so why anything else?
>>
>>28414909
>never heard of polymer lowers
how long you really been here? you better just start with a Glock19 3rd gen before you get a rifle.
>>
>>28414905
>rail
>that's up to you
I was specifically asking if keymod systems are the lightest systems for their length, or if there was another system out there.
>>28414908
>Gas systems don't deserve love
You know what I mean. Now whose being autistic?
>>
>>28414909
Don't listen to the retards, stick with the aluminum. Not sure why you need or want 77gr but whatever floats your boat
>>
>>28414932
With a DI rifle I'd like to keep polymer away from gas. It's fine in handguns since it isn't containing hot gasses, but I'm a tad more septical about an AR lower.
>>
>>28414954
>Don't listen to the retards
Eh, they are entertaining in small doses. And 77 grain because if I can push this rifle out to 600 with minute of man accuracy I'll be happy. It's easier to do with heavy ammo.
>>
>>28414942
http:// bfy.tw /3Xbc
>>
>>28414974
The day you shoot and kill anything at 600m with an AR or M16 variant is-

It's never going to happen. You realize the max effective area distance of an M4 Carbine is 600m right? That's like aiming at a car and hitting it somewhere at 600m. There's just no practicality behind any of this shit.
>>
>>28415008
I've hit man-sized targets at 700 with a 16" AR build before, with reliable accuracy.
>>
>>28415032
I wonder why you fuckers don't join the army
>>
>>28415063
Because I have a wife and family that needs my attention. Otherwise I would.
>>
>>28415099
So do I...they understand and support. I'm going to Afghanistan in June because people are waiting for me to fight so that they can go home and take care of their families for a little while.
>>
File: 1451361473464.jpg (155 KB, 1200x802) Image search: [Google]
1451361473464.jpg
155 KB, 1200x802
>>28414801
>I'm going to trash my first rifle: the post

PSA 16" middy rifle kit, spend your money on neccessary shit first then free float it later, if ever.

Sling, trigger, and light come second. Optics come last.

Literally go such start a shotgun, or go to /arg/
>>
>>28414942
Mlok rails are the new hotness, key mod is for plebs.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.