[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
has anyone done a reweld on a pm63?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: pm63_2.jpg (22 KB, 650x279) Image search: [Google]
pm63_2.jpg
22 KB, 650x279
has anyone done a reweld on a pm63?
>>
>>28413418
Working on one right now.

Not going well.
>>
>>28413418
I want one
>>
>>28413430
if I may ask, how so?

my welding skills are OK. I've re-welded me cetme's cocking tube with no issues.

But, I'm a little nervous on the spacing of the frame sections.
>>
How hard is it to reweld a cut up receiver?
>>
>>28413599
It depends on your welding skills and how bad the receiver was hacked up.
>>
>>28413610
BATF standard is four pieces. I'm thinking of getting a parts kit with a cut up receiver, wondering if I should weld it or just get a new one.
>>
>>28413666
It'd be easier to get a new receiver, or if you want a project you could get an 80% receiver and try to finish it out if you have the right tools/knowledge.

You could always try to weld the cut receiver first and if that doesn't go well then order a new receiver later.
>>
>>28413707
That's probably the best bet. I just hate seeing old hardware go to waste. It sucks that's the only way to import them into this country.
>>
>>28413418
Yes

>>28413490
I used the slide as a jig and went really slow. Use the other parts to set spacing

>>28413666
Where will you get a new one?
>>
>>28414186
>use slide as jig
How, if I may ask?
Pics for reference?

I was out for a little while, and missed most of the thread.

How do you Reweld the handle/grip?
>>
>>28415271
Wipe some high temp anti-seize on the slide, slide sections on spacing based on. (Front grip holes/sear bar), (stock pivot) and (slide/stock length for the last section)

For the grip install the mag catch, grip and a magazine. Tack weld the front then remove grip clamp it together with random metal and weld the rest.

Do lots of tack welds let it cool make sure you can move the slide, then remove the slide and clamp the shit out of the receiver to a metal table and finish welding.

It's really thin and warps easy
>>
>>28414186
>Where will you get a new one?
Company that makes 80% receivers. It's pricy though, almost as much as the parts kit.
>>
>>28417466
Link?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.