[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Machine gun lawsuit thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
File: P1060128-900x600.jpg (192 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
P1060128-900x600.jpg
192 KB, 900x600
What is the status of Hollis v Lynch? Whats happening?
>>
>>28413394
>Hollis v Lynch

https://www.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/38o77i/i_am_the_attorney_for_hollis_v_lynch_formerly/

I see you actually wanted to talk about guns instead of exchanging bait.
>>
File: 6p62.2.jpg (62 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
6p62.2.jpg
62 KB, 640x427
It's gonna be buried in bureaucracy for the next twenty years until the guy goes bankrupt and the ATF wins.
>>
>>28413394
we are not losing.
>>
>>28413394
I really want to own an automatic trigger pack for my Wasr. Legally that is.
>>
>>28416283
>wasr
>full auto

You don't want to do that trust me you want to do that with an actual milspec AK47 or at least any with a heavy barrel because the wasr is built for semi auto only and it has a light barrel which in turn will make the barrel warp and bend even split apart if you go full auto on it.
>>
>>28416418
>What is talking out my ass for $500 Alex?
Coming from a guy who bump fired their wasr for 3 magazines in less than 2 minutes I can tell you you're stupid
>>
illegal shapes, everyone

just like illegal numbers
>>
>>28416464
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlL-uRkJ0yA
>>
File: XdkPivg.jpg (331 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
XdkPivg.jpg
331 KB, 5000x5000
>>28416418
Great, a youtube expert.
>>
>>28413394
As much I would love for this to happen...
It probably won't

But wouldn't mind them being NFA item. Id rather have suppressors removed. The wait time is literally why I haven't got one yet.

Also, is there any evidence that full autos increase crime? Inb4 modern stats
>>
>>28413407

> Quoting reddit on 4chan

baka senpai Familia motherfucker
>>
>>28416506
>Also, is there any evidence that full autos increase crime?

No.

There is no correlation between firearms laws (pro or restrictions) and violent crime, either positive or negative, per the CDC.

The aversion to opening the registry is purely an emotional reaction based on no fact, and an ignorance of how NFA items work already.
>>
>>28416496
Oh wow, such evidence. Look it fired just fine in full auto in excess of 200 rounds within a short period. The person you were responding too probably doesn't intend to fire 200+ rounds all at once. Stop being a YouTube commando
>>
>>28416418
>>28416496
I don't even know where to start. WASR barrels have the same profile as mil spec AK 47s. All AKs have fairly light barrels, and light barrels will eventually fail when you dump that much ammo through them in full auto. This includes mils spec M4s with government profile barrels, they fail under the handguard where the barrel is thinnest.

Lurk way the fuck more.
>>
>>28416543
>There is no correlation between firearms laws (pro or restrictions) and violent crime, either positive or negative, per the CDC.

The study you're quoting was just about the AWB. Just saying, senpai.

>The aversion to opening the registry is purely an emotional reaction based on no fact, and an ignorance of how NFA items work already.

Agreed.
>>
>>28416585
>The study you're quoting was just about the AWB. Just saying, senpai.

IIRC CDC specifically says firearm laws, not just AWB.

Which says a lot considering their history of politicizing research into firearms ownership.
>>
Question:

If Machine Guns were allowed through traditional form one registry, ie, the 1986 NFA was repealed, would you pay a two thousand dollar tax stamp for one?
>>
>>28416564
>>28416562
>>28416464
>All these buttmad WASR owners.
Junk guns are junk, who'da thunk it.
>>
>>28416646
Yea >/ak/general pls go
>>
>>28416635
Fuck no

I'm not paying 2 grand to own a full retard FCG

I think tax stamps and the NFA is unconstitutional anyway
>>
>>28416646
>literally BTFO
>"well it's still junk!"

Get mad, fag.
>>
>>28416668
Why are tax stamps unconstitutional? You pay tax on literally everything else, it's the government's sovereign right to tax goods
>>
>>28416646
Arsenal owner actually, you're a moron.
>>
>>28416695

It can be argued that taxing firearms ownership is the same as a poll tax, which has been ruled to be unconstitutional.
>>
>>28416695
The same reason poll tax is unconstitutional. its an indirect method of barring certain people from exercising their rights.
>>
>>28416699
>>28416683
>>28416654
WASRs are not built to handle FA.
Accept it.

If you're going to giggle switch an AK, do it with one that was built to handle the heat and pressure of FA fire.
>>
>>28416695
>it's the government's sovereign right to tax goods

They already do that through sales tax.
>>
>>28416762
I don't fucking care. Take it to another thread

>AK FUCKING GENERAL I KNOW ITS UP I JUST FUCKING SAW IT

instead of shitting up this thread
>>
>>28416762
Okay, Mr Expert. If the WASR has the same barrel profile as a mil spec AK 47 then what other properties is it lacking?

Can you hear that guys? It's the sound of frantic googling and flop sweat.
>>
>>28416773

They tax the money when you make it, then they tax the stuff you buy with it then they tax you every year for owning it if its nice enough meanwhile they tax you just for breathing.

Anything the government wants to do is legal by definition as they are the law. What are you gonna do, use your no machine guns and no explosives to go up against them?
>>
>>28416808
>Okay, Mr Expert. If the WASR has the same barrel profile as a mil spec AK 47 then what other properties is it lacking?
I'm not saying it doesn't have a Mil Spec barrel, I'm saying it's not built for FA.
Bursts are fine, but if you're going to pay $20,000 for a transferable AS, why wouldn't you put it in a gun that can handle continuous automatic fire.
>>
>>28416695
I'd say because it was set at 200 bucks back in a time when that was a lot of money. It was designed to keep people from getting them completely, which is like a poll tax as others said.

Not to mention they're taxing you and making you go through the rungs on something you can make if you have basic tools like a mill and drill press. That's pretty bullshit.
>>
>>28416821
>I don't know anything about how law works in the U.S., not do I know anything about what the ATF allows
>>
>>28416846
That doesn't answer the question. Why, if it's the same spec as an AK 47, which IS built for FA, is the WASR not able to handle FA?
>>
>>28416846
>I'm not saying it doesn't have a Mil Spec barrel, I'm saying it's not built for FA.
>Built using demilled parts kits
>Not built for full auto

What specifically makes it a semi auto only weapon?
>>
>>28416496
>Fire clean
That's the veggie oil lube, right?
>>
>>28416908
>That doesn't answer the question. Why, if it's the same spec as an AK 47, which IS built for FA, is the WASR not able to handle FA?
The AK47 is completely different gun to the WASR.
The AKM is much closer, but it's still a different platform.
The WASR is, from the ground up, a cheap gun - there is nothing wrong with that - but if you're going to build a gun to use with a transferable DIAS, you need to start over.

For example.
>Thicker or more durable reciever - either milled or made of thicker stamped steel - Vepr or an RPK reciever.
>Thicker/better made barrels.
>Thicker gas tube.
>More resilient pistol.

That is how you build a gun for FA fire.

>>28416955
It's a semi auto/burst only weapon. All military assault rifles are designed as such.
Take an issued M4 and run that on continuous auto - it will fail.

Just because a gun has an auto position, does not mean it is FA friendly.
>>
>>28417004
Doesn't answer the fucking question. The question isn't "which AK variant makes the best FA gun", it's "why are you so stupid to think that the WASR is somehow worse for FA than an AK 47".

You have yet to answer why the WASR is somehow "not designed" for FA.
>>
>>28417004
You are so fucking retarded jesus fucking christ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlL-uRkJ0yA
>>
>>28416418
While WASRs are pretty garbage compared to other semi auto offerings, they are actually one of the most durable under full auto

The bolts on most AKs sold in the USA are too soft to handle full auto well, and deform quickly when exposed to high cyclic rates.

The nitrided barrels that Century uses, and are used in some kit builds, quickly deteriorate because of the rapid temperature increase associated with FA (although nitriding generally is superior for slower rates of fire)
>>
>>28417004
>>Thicker or more durable reciever - either milled or made of thicker stamped steel - Vepr or an RPK reciever.
>>Thicker/better made barrels.
>>Thicker gas tube.
>>More resilient pistol.
ok now you seem to be thinking any full auto weapon will be used as much as a military lmg or squad automatic weapon designed for continuous suppressing fire.
Thank you for coming out of the retard closet.

All military assault rifles are designed as such.
Take an issued M4 and run that on continuous auto - it will fail.

>Just because a gun has an auto position, does not mean it is FA friendly.

jesus christ you act like the average hobbyist intends to run uninterrupted belts of ammo through an AR 24/7. you have to go to these xtreme irrelevant "in a vaccum" hypotheticals just to make your argument remotely valid
>>
>>28417046
>Doesn't answer the fucking question
Yes it does - get some reading comprehension.

The WASR needs a stronger receiver, a thicker/better barrel, a thicker gas tube and a more durable piston to be a good FA gun - not to mention the fucking feeding issues for FA fire.

>"why are you so stupid to think that the WASR is somehow worse for FA than an AK 47"
It is a poorly made derivative of an AKM, which is a derivative of an AK-47.

>>28417076
FA != Bursts
Assault rifles are developed for burst fire.
Any hobbyist with a giggle switch is going to burn through mags.
>>
>>28417004
>Get caught saying something from a place of deep ignorance
>Just keep plowing ahead.

Just stop, dude. Hide the thread and let the embarrassment pass. Not even trolling, that's my honest advice from one dude to another.
>>
>>28417094
>Any hobbyist with a giggle switch is going to burn through mags.
and that's where you're wrong
and that's why your entire argument sucks
>>
>>28417094
Holy fuck, I jsut said that the question isn't about "Good FA gun"s. You're fucking blind. You said that WASRs are BAD for FA, when the WASR is an AK clone, which was designed for FA.

So tell me, for the third time, why is the WASR unable to use FA if it's a clone of a FA gun?
>>
>>28413394
they lost badly
>>
>>28417094
Doesn't mean the gun is going to explode in your hands once you decide to go cyclic fuckface.
>>
>>28417004
those things are great to have if you're going to stick it on a firing range and shoot nothing but mag after mag of full auto through it
>>
>>28416716
This /k/ommando makes a good point, never thought about stamps this way
>>
>>28417138
This right here

What is the actual good AK47 that is actually milspec and not just some cheap knock off?

This is why I gave up on looking for the best AK47 and just went with a COLT M4 rifle because it's milspec and it's colt also it will actually handle full auto just fine as long your not going full rambo with the trigger and let the barrel cool off every three magdumps.

I swear to fucking god these WASRfags are more cancerous than the antman's fanbase fags
>>
Can we get back to the subject at hand; what the fuck is going on with the Machine Gun Lawsuit?
>>28417414
Arsenal or Saiga or Vepr
>>
Would MGs not have to be 922r compliant?
>>
>>28417972
The vepr is the only option for full auto use because it is 50% much better in performance than the regular AK47
>>
>>28419469
Yeah but the VEPR 7.62x39 rifles don't accept AK47 magazines so that doesn't sound right
>>
>>28413394
Lrn2ctrl+f.
>>
>>28416483
And illegal physical substances
And illegal geographic positions
And illegal intent

Everything is illegal eventually
>>
File: assburger.jpg (449 KB, 832x744) Image search: [Google]
assburger.jpg
449 KB, 832x744
Bumping this thread instead of making a new one.

Are there any lawfags that can tell me if there's a way I can read the fed's briefs? Plaintiff's briefs are all at the Stamboulieh's website (sdslaw dot us), but I can't find the other side and I'd like to read it also. I assume he doesn't have control over it since it's not there with his, but are they public at all?
>>
>>28420752
>>28410554
>>
>>28420786
I'm interested in the defendant's briefs; I don't see them in that thread or anywhere else.
>>
File: ancap.png (19 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
ancap.png
19 KB, 2000x1333
>>28416821
How's middle school going?
>>
>>28417996
922r doesn't apply to NFA items.
>>
>>28422685
Stop spreading bullshit.
>>
>>28422964
922r only applies to "sporting" arms. Title 2 weapons are not considered "sporting". The ATF has published several letters clarifying exactly this point.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.