[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here actually enjoy shooting handguns more than rifles?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1430040142735.jpg (105 KB, 640x436) Image search: [Google]
1430040142735.jpg
105 KB, 640x436
Anyone here actually enjoy shooting handguns more than rifles?
>>
>>28411936
I enjoy it much more because I am pretty shit with handguns, so there's the exciting prospect of tracking my development.
>>
Yup.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (71 KB, 525x600) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
71 KB, 525x600
>mfw fired shotgun 15 times and have never held another firearm
>>
>>28411936
I enjoy shooting manually operated firearms more than semiautomatics
>>
Depends

I enjoy revolvers and .22 targeting handguns. Not so much standard semiautomatic handguns.

Call the Fudd police, I don't give a fuck.
>>
File: 1445627557603.png (1 MB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
1445627557603.png
1 MB, 1024x640
>>28411936
Practical application for rifles is hunting. Practical application for pistols is daily defensive carry, so it makes sense to shoot pistols more.

I enjoy zeroing my bolt actions and some AR-thwanging, but at the end of the day handguns are more useful and more exciting, and practicing with anything else is primarily masturbatory
>>
>>28411936

I would say yes, because it is more challenging. Also I just find USPSA pistol shooting to be tons of fun.
>>
>>28413626
/thread

Only caveat I'd add is practicing with the rifle you'd carry in the sticks for defense, but I mean, even then, I suspect stats would tell us you're more likely to use that pistol.
>>
>>28413702
Are you an IDPA convert? Thinking of making the switch to uspsa.
>>
>>28413626
What? So you can't do anything other than hunt with rifles or defend yourself with handguns? I seriously hope you aren't this autistic
>>
>>28415066
fair enough

>>28415109
Maybe 'practical' and 'application' are big words for you. Go get your daddy - he'll help you read it
>>
>>28412223
TACTICAL FUDD INBOUND
>>
>>28411936
Sure when I feel like the challenge of popping some cans at 50 yards and missing all but 3/17 times.

Meanwhile, with a rifle I can pop cans at 100 yards relatively decently with something to lean on (tree).
>>
I wouldn't say so. It's just that indoor ranges are all that's close, and I can't find a cheap outdoor 100m+ range to save my life. So yeah, I'd rather shoot handguns at 25m than rifles at 50m....
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.