[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/, I'm joining the Marines soon and plan on going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: MARINECORPS.jpg (816 KB, 3580x2124) Image search: [Google]
MARINECORPS.jpg
816 KB, 3580x2124
Hey /k/, I'm joining the Marines soon and plan on going into infantryman. Is this a good choice, for someone who is considering going into the Navy SEALs or other SOU?

And overall, what can I do to prepare for a SOU?
>>
>>28410416
/meg/, dumbass.
>>
>>28410416
save us tax payers time and money and just shoot yourself in the head right now. between becoming a cripple for the rest of your life, marrying some dime store whore and will bloat to 400 pounds and shit out 4 kids, and becoming homeless; killing yourself right now is the fastest way to skip it all.
>>
>>28410431
>>28410450
Thank you for the replies.
>>
>>28410450
>shoot yourself in the head right now
what? and make him another number in the gun grabber's toolbox of stats? Fuck you.
>>
>>28410450
Jesus christ you must be one hell of a serious basement dwelling faggot to say some absurd shit like that. You should get that mental disorder checked out ASAP.
>>
>>28410467

it's worth it a hundred times over

every dead soldier is a blessing for humanity
>>
>>28410473
thanks 4 ur cervix

step up to the plate and make that 22 vets a day that commit suicide 23.
>>
>>28410416
>I'm joining the Marines soon

if i had a nickel...
>>
File: 1451430696927.jpg (667 KB, 3543x2362) Image search: [Google]
1451430696927.jpg
667 KB, 3543x2362
>>28410492
>statistics identify each individuals strength of character
>>
>>28410416

>Is this a good choice

No.

Your knees and back will take a beating.

Your mind will get warped from the hyper-aggressive culture.

When you get out, the VA won't take care of you.

Employers won't understand what you did, and they won't even think about giving you a job.

Friends and family will try to feign interest when you tell them about the time you rode in a helicopter and did that one patrol that seemed really cool at the time.

You'll end up shuffling around for a few years before becoming a cop or blowing your brains out.
Such is life for infantry.
>>
>>28410513
Which MOS should I consider then for a future SOU position? I want to get some military experience under my belt before I even try for the SEALs.
>>
>>28410541
you should consider getting a real job instead of being a welfare queen.
>>
>>28410416
i hope you know theres a serious wait for grunt to go to boot. so if you got 7+ months to wait and get in shape, fine, if not, go for a POG MOS like combat engineer, motor pool, artillery, etc etc. talk to your recruiter, take the ASVAB see what MOSs you qualify for. Also look at what you want to do after you EAS and see if any of those MOSs will help in civilian life.
>>
File: 1451345980901.jpg (63 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1451345980901.jpg
63 KB, 600x450
>>28410541
>SEALs

LeL
>>
File: 1450749141829.jpg (370 KB, 2048x1323) Image search: [Google]
1450749141829.jpg
370 KB, 2048x1323
OP, if you're serious visit >>28406851

If you're not serious, learn to stop telling people what you're "thinking about doing."
>>
>>28410541

>Which MOS should I consider

None.

If you want adrenaline, go skydiving.

If you want to learn tactics, read field manuals and play paintball.

Almost every thrill from military service can be experienced as a civilian without all the life-changing bullshit and misery that service entails.

You like the idea of being a hero, but the reality of all that is far more sobering than you can imagine.

If you have any options besides military service, take them instead.
>>
>>28410580
Thank you.
>>
It doesn't matter what MOS you are trying out for something like recon or the raiders in the corps. A lot of my boys were hoping to do it, but when you realize the sheer drop rate of BRC then you'll understand. Personally never tried, but i worked with em and even stayed at their barracks when i was in school to be a HOG. Out of a class of 120-180 about 12 or so would be recon marines. It didn't matter who got picked, one of the grad classes didn't have a single 03 NCO or officer graduating. Don't get me wrong the dark side is the best community out there in the corps, but if you're joining up just to be some high speed Oper8ur type you're a retard.
>>
I enjoyed it as an 03 and what the guys are saying about it busting your body is totally true. The 03 field is only for people who truly find something in being miserable. I love my boys and thats why I get up everyday. I don't dream about being some superhero operator they'll make video games about anymore. Every boot does, its a fact, but once you get out there in the sandbox its a whole different demon. just my 10 cents
>>
>>28410630
>>28410608
>my boys

gay
>>
>>28410667

Who let you out of the closet? this is big boy talk
>>
>>28410715
thanks 4 ur cervix

join the rest of your boys and kill you'reselve
>>
>>28410725
> such edge little girl. did mama not love you enough? or was your uncle too rough that one night when you were nine?
>>
>>28410813
thank you for your service

if it wasn't for those rocks you organized in front of battalion hq my freedoms wouldn't exist.
>>
>>28410587
Different guy, but what if you really want to know what it feels like to get shot at? Paintball and skydiving are fun as hell, but I always feel like going further. Would it be better to just hop on a plane and head to Syria and join the YPG?
>>
>>28410843
any major city in the US will give you that experience.
>>
>>28410870
Well I did manage to see a car flip over in Chicago today, but even when I pass through Gary sometimes I'm not getting shot at.
>>
>>28410813
Who are you quoting?
>>
Make sure to marry a fat trailer trash girl as soon as you finish basic. It's the only way to move off base
>>
>>28410541
Seals ha this fucking guy. How's middle school going?
>>
>>28410541
First you should accept that you're unlikely to get a SOU position. Then go to college, get a degree, and go officer in a MOS that has a lot of applicability in the civilian world. Be good with your money, don't fuck the tag chaser, don't marry the dependa, network, schmooze, and make friends, if you really want to go SOU approach it with a realistic assessment of your success, and don't be the guy who gets out of the military broke and with nothing to show for it.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.