[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand why there is so much hate out there for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
I don't understand why there is so much hate out there for this piece....

Just picked this up to replace my G19 for CC.

I know the 19 has higher capacity but the 43 single stack frame is soooo pleasant to carry, I hardly notice it. Pearce grips makes +1 and +2 extendos for pinky comfort which puts it on par with the Shield.

If you haven't handled one, I implore you to do so.
>>
>>28409710
hate for the 43? I thought nearly everyone was creaming their pants for the g43?
Unless you're an absolute retard who expected this to be the end-all-be-all subcompact.
>>
>>28409720
Youtube, sales people at gun shoppes, etc... Love to hate on it.
>>
I didn't really like it when I shot it. Jumped around way more than the other compacts I tried
>>
I've been bouncing back and forth on this one for a while. I CC a G19, so the only thing holding me back from a G43 is the capacity.
>>
>>28409740
>the only thing holding me back from a G43 is the capacity.
Pretty much summed it up.
>>
>>28409736
I tried the shield and the Sig 938, didn't really notice a difference. I am used to glock though.
>>
File: g43aiwb.jpg (666 KB, 960x939) Image search: [Google]
g43aiwb.jpg
666 KB, 960x939
>>28409740
Have a 19 and a 43 too. Carry the 43 daily now

6+1 in the gun, 8 round mag in the caddy. Conceals under a well-fitting t-shirt
>>
>>28409740
I totally agree.. I just have come to enjoy carrying the 43 more.

For me, ergonomics and comfort go a long way.
>>
>>28409763
nice, you should check out some of the custom slide backplates... I got one with my initials on it. just amazon 'custom slide cover plate'
>>
Because it is nearly identical to the 26, and literally identical in a holster, except with 4 less rounds. The weight difference between these two is irrelevant in a hybrid holster

If the 43 was the same size as the 42, then Glock would have destroyed the single stack 9 market.
>>
>>28409810

>If the 43 was the same size as the 42, then Glock would have destroyed the single stack 9 market.

Exactly. The G43 has the same slide height as the G22. For a subcompact single-stack 9mm, that's ludicrous.
>>
Tfw jumped the gun and got a g42 because I thought a single stack wouldn't happen this decade
Tfw just found out that the 43 came out
Tfw it was just a year later
Gay
>>
>>28409954
>not seeing that shit coming from a mile away
>>
>>28409710
my gf just bought one this week and we took it to the range today. I don't see why anyone would hate it, it's very compact, more concealable than my PPK, and the recoil is not bad for that it is. I was able to keep all my shots on target. Not a fan of the safety but I'm a fan of classic DA/SA guns because I'm a fag.
>>
>>28410024

In his defense, people have been expecting the 43 for 15 years now
>>
>>28409891

I honestly believe they're going to make another version of this gun within the next two to three years to reduce the size to what the 42 is.

Both the 43 and 42 directly Compete with Glock's own sub compact models.

I was actually given the 42 and it's a. 380 that's the same size as the PM9 and LC9.

Who are these guns made for?
>>
>>28410105
people who want good carry guns
>>
>>28409710
>less capacity than shield
>came out years after shield
>g42 coming out before g43 bullshit
>more expensive than shield

Anything else I'm forgetting?
I don't blame people that own g26/19/17/trade in 40s because glock is a great choice but the only people that buy g43s are fanbois and "collectors."
>>
File: 1450758299106.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1450758299106.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>28410136
Glocks just werk
fuck m&p, rather a sig if i had to
>>
>>28410118

What exactly is not good about the Shield, PM9,LC9, LCP, Bodyguard, PPS, and Sig?

Btw, I own 7 Glocks, including the 42, but the 42 and 43 were disappointing in terms of size
>>
I just got a 26. Would I be a complete cunt if I bought the 43 to carry also? Being in Florida it's hot as fuck and despite the 26 being small, I like the idea of a small frame single stack Glock. And I want another gun to just have.
>>
>>28411689

How do you plan to carry it?

Pocket? Fine, but possibly uncomfortable
Appendix? Would be a bit better than the 26
Hybrid holster? Stupid if you have a 26
>>
>>28411721
I dress like a dad, khakis, boat shoes and a button down or polo so I'll prob owb/pocket carry. Or I'd just keep the 43 to just have it. The local gun store I got my 26 at has a 43 for a decent price so I'm considering it.
>>
File: Grenade30SF.jpg (718 KB, 1469x895) Image search: [Google]
Grenade30SF.jpg
718 KB, 1469x895
>>28410144
>>28410144
I actually at first did not like the glocks blockiness.
Then it just grew on me, now I find them pleasing to the eyes in a simple utilitarian sort of way.

Now the M&P 9, for some reason, the grip + whole gun makes it look like it's wearing parachute pants to me.
>>
I'd buy it if it wasn't a dick removal device. I can't take glock seriously since they refuse to add features most people want in a firearm. How can you call yourself perfection when your shits not even ambi? The technology exists, incorporate it. Also offer a fucking safety so people stop shooting their cocks off when they reholster.
>>
>>28411797

O/10
>>
>>28411810
I'm completely serious. I know 4 other enthusiasts who say they don't like glocks because they don't have safeties. Why do you think ruger even competes with other manufacturers? Some people don't want a deadly device going 0 to kill in a half pull of the finger.
>>
>>28411797
People that shoot their dick off, deserve it so they can't reproduce, because they can't learn simple trigger disciprine.
>>
>>28411833
>>28411797
a glock or any reputable modern handgun isn't going to fucking go off by itself.
Buying a good holster that covers up the trigger will further make sure nothing happens.

If you're talking about the action of drawing and re holstering, no amount of safety is going to protect against stupid.
You have to practice and train with it.
>>
>>28409710
It's not hate for the piece, anon. It's hate for the brand. They're white-bread as fuck. Glocknade is a joke here. Glock design is also a joke amongst artists and designers. Lots of extra bullshit material with no added function. They're ugly. That's about it.
I've shot a few gen 4s; they're guns that shoot bullets. They function somewhat reliably, they're cheaper, and fairly popular. New shooters and people who will only buy up to five guns in their lifetime are who I would recommend a Glock to. Beyond that, you're going to want a different brand.
Basically, Glocks are for people who want a gun but don't really care which one, people who were issued Glocks, and people who watch too much TV.
>>
File: IMG_20160103_113053868.jpg (2 MB, 2988x2988) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160103_113053868.jpg
2 MB, 2988x2988
>>28409807
Tramp stamps of the glock world. Only slide cover I'd ever install is one for belt clips for unsurpassed glockleg potentiation
>>
>>28411797

Luckily, all of the G43's and G42's have trigger pulls MUCH higher than the advertised 5.5 lb. One tester found that his G43 took nearly 9 pounds to fire.

(another reason I'm skeptical of the mini Glocks)
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.