[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey, my first time on /k/ I apologize if paint ball shit isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
hey, my first time on /k/ I apologize if paint ball shit isn't edgy enough for this board but I played for the first time today, now interested. But not in spending tons of money on eshitment, can anyone recommend cheap websites for basic equipment
>specifically looking for a simple sniper rifle like the pic
>>
It's not that it's not edgy enough, it's just that most people don't play it.

>>>/asp/ can help you a lot more than we can.
>>
>>28407798
surely a paintball gun sniper is retarded, the long barrel can have its uses to increase accuracy...but an opti on a paintball gun that isnt maximum 4x seems retarded

>somewhere out there somebody has a nightforce on a paintball gun
>>
>>28407798
Just play airsoft.
>easier to use
>more realistic
>bigger crowd
>>
>>28408072
>TFW there used to be 100-200 man games in Alaska at an abandoned Nike missile compound
>TFW now there are not enough people to organize a five man airsoft game in a back yard
10 years killed the game dead as fuck.
>>
>>28408072
>realistic
it's a game where there are no consequences for getting shot. it's not realistic whatever you think that means.
>>28407798
go to >>>/asp/, you /asp/ie
>>
Paintball markers aren't weapons, so they don't belong on /k/. Most of us here have little to no experience with paintball markers and airsoft guns, so you're best bet is to go to >>>/asp/. They have paintball and airsoft general threads there.
>>
>>>/asp/ is probably where you'd like to ask.

that being said, barrel lengths over ~12-14" are inefficient on gas and are no more accurate. effective distance is largely dictated by what the field permits for fps, which will never be more than 300fps. 300fps out of a 20" barrel will go only 8" further than a 12" barrel.

even if you get a barrel that puts topspin, which will throw the ball further, the speed at which it is reaching those distances is negligible and the ball typically won't break. i can't tell you how many times in scenario games i've had people shooting at me with flatlines/apex barrels from huge distance only to watch me laugh at them wasting paint as the balls would bounce harmlessly off me.

underboring is typically worthwhile but if you're new and using cheap/shit paint it is an extra bad idea.

tl;dr buy a simple marker like a tippmann gryphon to start with no silly accessories, play with that a bunch until you're competent or have decided you wanna invest more in paintball, then just pick up a used speedball gun.
>>
>>28407952
Longer barrels doesn't mean better accuracy for paintballs. It may seem like it, but a 14-16 inch barrel is really all you need. Anything longer is just hurting you.
>>
>>28407798
I prefer traditional paintball to airsoft generally.

>>28408174
Yeah, I have only played paintball very casually a few times. Most of us here are more into firearms and other weapons. /asp/ has a lot of paintball enthusiasts.
>>
>>28407798
Tippman 98's are fucking tanks. You really can't break those markers. And look into the t-15, bassically an ar marker. Really cool, but at 400 some dollars, it's a little pricy. Also, do not go C02, it is not worth it. You can get a $50 HPA tank and your marker will thank you, much cleaner and the pressure on the shots will be consistent, the rounds start to drop of with c02. Ask me if you got any other questions, I played for a long time.
>>
>>28408207
>I prefer not being able to his shit past 20 yards and speedball generally.
FIFY
>>
>>28407798
if you're going with the 98 check out the flatline barrels.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.