[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/meg/ - Military Enlistment General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: loldidntsign.jpg (206 KB, 720x765) Image search: [Google]
loldidntsign.jpg
206 KB, 720x765
>IRC Channel

#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.con
For Ranger info, obviously.

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

OP template
http://pastebin.com/qPhgHFmK

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253
>>
Someanon asked me to start tripfagging again. Here you go, anon, I am a faggot and suck cocks. You're welcome.
>>
>>28406851
Lying at meps about documented shit. should I even waste my time?
>>
>>28408060
I mean, you can try, but if it's something that they'll be able to find, you're going to get caught.
>>
I'm considering another year or two of community college then the washington national guard. Unsure about mos yet, how long would I be in for?
>>
>>28408111
It was a phsyciatric hospital visit that was over 8 years ago. I went through a phase when I was young because no one would attention to me, so I threatened suicide. Perfectly normal now.
>>
>>28408248
Other than my horrible grammar when im tired.
>>
I know after I get to my first duty station firearms have to be checked into the armory never to be seen again, but what about compound bows and fixed blade knives? Will the people in the armory fuck with my stuff?
>>
>>28408248
Normally anything mental health is straight DQ, but if it was that long ago, it's possible that you could get a pass
>>
What exactly are my options for gtfo active duty? I've been in for a year and I hate it I'm wanting to palace chase but if there's anything I can do sooner I'd like to
>>
>>28408344
Nobody gives a shit about knives.

I'm not sure about bows, it's never come up in my experience. Double read your indoc papers about what's allowed on post, and if it doesn't say anything, then keep them in there until somebody says something.

>Will the people in the armory fuck with my stuff?

I wouldn't trust them not to. If you are at your unit for a while and become friends with somebody who is trustworthy and married, try keeping your guns and bows at their house. Better solution than registering your shit and putting it in an arms room.
>>
>>28408344
>>28409073
>Nobody gives a shit about knives.

Pretty much every barracks I've ever been in would confiscate that shit if they found it in an official inspection. Big knives, bows, etc.

Your first line probably won't care, but god help you if someone higher finds it.
>>
>>28409187
Huh. I kept a machete in my room and nobody ever said anything about it, including during higher up inspections. If you are really worried about knives, keep them in your gear locker I suppose.
>>
Is the army really gearing up for conventional war as much as defense news sources claim they are? If so that's pretty fucking stupid, as we obviously haven't mastered fighting unconventional warfare and there is a 97% chance that that is the next environment that the army (i.e. tanks, infantry) will be fighting in.
>>
Is anybody here a ctn in the navy, how is it? How's jcac?
>>
Anybody else join the military to just "get away?" I could use 4-6 years of me time, with a side of 401k creation
>>
>>28409663
Not a CTN, but went to JCAC.

It isn't very complex information, just fast paced. You just have to have good study habits.
>>
>>28409694
You and probably 1/2 military that enlists under the age of 30.
>>
File: image_1.jpg (337 KB, 804x1206) Image search: [Google]
image_1.jpg
337 KB, 804x1206
Okay guys, I really need some advice/know how. I'm going into MEPS tommrow and will be picking out my MOS. I'm going to be in DEPS for a little under a year (finishing associates to go in as E3) so I don't think I need to worry about this too much, but I wanna be safe. I have been pretty set on Nuke ever since I started seeing my recruiter and even autoqualified for it when I took the ASVAB. I was going to go in and give them my 3 choices as 1. Nuke 2. SECF 3. AECF. Now, I'm more of a Bio-guy, like I enjoy learning about dieseases and how fungus works on my free time. So what I want to know is how much say you have in what you do as a Corpsman. I'd love to go and do humanitarian shit, and be on a hospital ship BUT I am a 5'6" manlet weighing in at a whooping 126 and I don't trust myself to be able to haul a Marine to safety after I get into shape during DEPs so does that mean a big part of training for that is physical? Also, how much college credits would I be able to get with Corpsman training? Less than if I went in Nuke i expect, but more towards a field I'm a bit more prone too (biology/medicine instead of engineering/electronics).
>>
>>28410647
is it a bad idea ~desu senpai?
>>
>>28410726
I'm a 6 foot 145 pound corpsman with 3rd Btl 5th Marines. I can carry my big ass marines because you know you have to. Plus you have other marines to help you and litters. If you wanna join the most decorated and prestigious rate in the navy do it.
>>
I posted in a thread a while back because I was freaking about making sure I wore the correct clothing and after successfully being put in the DEP w/ the Air Force, let me tell you this in my experience a few days ago

Even if you dress like a sperg, you'll be fine. Fuck, I saw people ignoring the rules of having brandless and logoless clothing and a fucker wearing fingerless gloves and batman garbage you'd probably expect to see from hot topic

Jeans (or even shorts), shoes you're comfortable in, and a decent t shirt is all you'll need. Didn't have to do a single pushup or situp, just did ASVAB / Medical work and interview over a two day period.
>>
>>28411063
How was the medical work? They touch your pooper? How closely do they look over your body? What are the interview questions like?

Also, to anyone else, how different is the airborne physical from the regular?
>>
File: 1451378814158.jpg (2 MB, 2736x3648) Image search: [Google]
1451378814158.jpg
2 MB, 2736x3648
>>28410901
Everything in life is potentially a bad idea, desu.
>>
>>28406851
Hey /meg/

Want to go Navy, my top 3 are CTT, OS and IS, all three have a very high chance of being at sea, yes?

Also, to any CT(T) fags on here, I've seen online that signing a 6 year contract is almost a guarantee for third class, is that true? And what are the pros and cons of a 6 year compared to a 4?
>>
>>28408194

Why not just be in the guard during college? It's part-time work, seems silly to wait if they're going to help with college money.
>>
>>28412163
yeah those are all sea rates. 6y is a guarantee for E3 after boot and E4 after a school graduation i believe.
the pros? you get push button and a ton of c school
the cons? its 6 years instead of 4 and im pretty sure if you reenlist you get pushed to zone b, which just means you get a lower SRB if you do reenlist

im a CTR if you have questions about any of that.
>>
>>28412557
What exactly do CTRs do?
Do you like your job?
What is the best CT rate out of all of them?
>>
>>28410726
I'm in your situation. I'm a 5'8", 145lb manlet, served as a 68W with an infantry company.

You will be told what every midget and female is told:
>If you can't carry them, drag them.
>>
>>28412562
>What exactly do CTRs do?
Signals analysis. I'd give you an actual response but muhclassified
>Do you like your job?
Yeah, its a good job. All the CT rates are good.
>What is the best CT rate out of all of them?
Depends what you want out of the Navy, really. CTN/CTI are your shore jobs for the most part, while CTT/CTR are your sea going rates with some high speed opportunities. You could fly on P3s one tour and ride on fast attack subs the next. DIRSUP and per diem are beautiful things
>>
>>28406851
I have Stew Smiths Army ranger & special forces workout but a lot that shit is too advanced for me at this moment so what would be some good starting exercises that could be done in a gym with basic equipment?
>>
>>28412650
Thanks m8, sounds like to me CTT is the way to go, maybe try to get on a sub.

Do you recommend 4 year or 6 year contract?
I don't really care that one is in 2 years longer, but rather the benefits of each one.
>>
Daily reminder to watch what you post online :^)

http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/2014/12/31/moerk-commendation-award-trolling/21103073/
>>
>>28406851
I am a weak, skinny, unmotivated, undiscipled fuckwit.

My biggest barriers to joining are:

1. I'll fail at all the physical requirements
2. I won't make enough money to go to college after my 4 years

I just need discipline, experience, and some direction in my life.

Anyways, which branch would be best for me?
>>
>>28412734
well, the 6y option is way better for your career. i dunno much about it honestly, we only have 4y contracts. at least for us, if we want to go to a c school after x years in the fleet we have to extend for 6-12 months. im sure its the same for 4y CTTs
>>
>>28412773
>suzy rottencrotch
that roastie bitch got called out and now shes getting commended?
>>
>>28412795
Air force
>>
>>28412655
Working out isn't fucking rocket science. Do everything on the apft until you're sore. Run at least 3 times a week. Do some pull-ups. Don't have a bar? Find a playground and do them on monkey bars.
The nice thing about the apft is that you really don't need extra shit to workout with.
>>
>>28410939
>join the most decorated and prestigious rate in the navy do it.

The most decorated E-3's you'll ever come across.
>>
So you've decided to enlist. You're not just going to be some REMF or POG schmuck. You're going to operate. Trying to decide which Special Operations unit you're going to join is actually a lot trickier than it sounds.

Let's go down the list from least to most respectable:

Air Force Combat Controllers and Pararescuers are eliminated right off the bat because they're fucking Chair Force. If you're in the USAF and you're not flying a fighter, you've fucked up.

Coast Guard ASTs? Are you kidding me? Coast Guard? Get the fuck out. You can be a lifeguard at the Y.

Marine Raiders are pretty cool but they're also pretty new so no one knows them and no one will care when you tell them you are one. Also, Marines are generally dumb as shit.

The Army Rangers should be near the top of anyone's list. The last famous Ranger, though, was Pat Tillman and he was shot by his own guys. Half the Army has a Ranger tab on their shoulder so no one will care if you're a real Ranger. Plus, it's impossible to tell people you were in the Army without people thinking you weren't tough enough for the Marines.

The Army Special Forces are extremely cool and everyone respects them, but as a Green Beret, you will be doing a lot of helping dirty-ass locals with their problems. Fucking waste of time. Do you want to be in the Peace Corps or do you want to operate?

The Navy SEALs are a great choice. Everyone respects the hell out of them, but "American Sniper" made them all look like a bunch of goofballs except for Chris Kyle, who was a liar. Worse, the Navy's dress uniform is as faggy as the rest of the Navy.

But there is another option:
The GCP is France's version of the Rangers. To join them you have to join the Foreign Legion first and serve there for a couple of years. But then, you're fighting for France. So fuck that.

As you can see, there's no perfect choice, but such is life among the elite warriors of America: you have to sometimes make do with what you're given.

Best of luck!
>>
File: navy_uniform.jpg (116 KB, 800x521) Image search: [Google]
navy_uniform.jpg
116 KB, 800x521
>>28413507
>Not liking Navy dress blues

Better than the fucking suit/flight attendant uniform the Army and Air Force have.
>>
File: nam.jpg (287 KB, 1488x992) Image search: [Google]
nam.jpg
287 KB, 1488x992
I have a question that has nothing to do with enlisting because I'm way too old to change careers at this point.

Anybody know what kind of gloves that merc in OPs pic is wearing?
>>
What is food/nutrition like throughout the different branches?
>>
>>28413601

Navy and Airforce usually have better quality shit in their dining facilities. Not that it matters, since people with meal cards just eat poptarts and taco bell, and people with enough rank/family to get BAS don't touch the dfac/chow hall/galley/cafeteria anyways.

MREs are the same across branches.
>>
File: 1449964936782.png (1 KB, 220x171) Image search: [Google]
1449964936782.png
1 KB, 220x171
>>28410726
If you want to enjoy life I'd suggest AECF, if you're dead set on Submarines in a fairly technical rate then pick SECF, if you want to make bank after the Navy but want to kill yourself by hanging on the suicide ladder in shaft alley then go NUKE.

I picked SECF and I'm fairly happy as a Radioman on an SSN. Fair warning if you pick Corpsman, enjoy low advancement and the potential to be stuck in a hospital.
>>
Can a socially anxious/awkward beta survive in any branch of the U.S. military?
>>
>>28413542
No. Those look terrible.

I'd rather look like a flight attendant than a rejected extra from a Village People music video.
>>
>>28414491
Yes, in the right MOS, so long as you give a fuck and get the job done.
>>
>>28414491
i know the most beta autistic anime-loving introverts who went army and and airforce and they loved it, dont remember their MOS though
>>
>>28414491
Sure. The nice thing about the military is that you basically don't have to think at all. There is a specific procedure for literally anything you would ever want to do.

It doesn't matter if you're socially awkward or a wimp. As long as you follow the step-by-step process, you're golden.
>>
File: DSC_0180.jpg (4 MB, 4888x3250) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0180.jpg
4 MB, 4888x3250
>>28414491
You'll be fine. It may surprise you to know that once you get out of basic, you do not really have to change how you enjoy things or your hobbies.
>>28414936
>i know the most beta autistic anime-loving introverts who went army and and airforce
Can confirm this, I'm in the USAF and use my paycheck to buy figurines.

AFSC is 2T2X1
>>
>>28408248
It's more than 7 years ago, so maybe

>>28408194
Guard is very doable while in college.

>>28409694
>me time
Does at least 9 weeks of barracks and sharing 4 toilets with 40+ dudes sound like me time?
Does living with at least one room mate in a freshmen dorm style room sound like me time?
Does waking up at 0500 sound like me time?

>>28411131
They take you into a closed room. They touched my balls, but that's a normal physical. No fingers up my ass.

>>28412795
You will have enough college after enlistment's over, and that attitude is your only barrier. You'll get motivated in basic, just about everyone gets a little hooah. It's part of the reason people hate new guys.
>>
Speaking of betacuc/k/s, is it true that retired E-9s make $33,000 a year with retirement? (that's not even middle class)

While someone who fucks up and retires as an O-3 makes more?

Enlisted folks, why are you making the enlisted corps your career if this is true? No alternatives?
>>
>>28415102
Some people don't want the responsibility that comes with being an officer.

Plus, if you're like at E-6 or E-7 already, why the fuck would you want to go back down to the bottom of the barrel in terms of work environment and respect if you're already nearing the top of the enlisted food chain?
>>
So since Missouri IDs no longer allow access to federal facilities, does that mean I can't have my family and friends attend my graduation at Lackland???
>>
File: Senior_drill_instructor.jpg (439 KB, 2000x1312) Image search: [Google]
Senior_drill_instructor.jpg
439 KB, 2000x1312
>>28415135
>top of the enlisted food chain
King of Shit Mountain
>>
>>28415102
People talk like a $33K pension is crap.

$33K a year for the rest of your life beginning at age 38 is equivalent to having $1.5 million in a retirement account.
>>
>>28414319
>if you want to make bank after the Navy but want to kill yourself by hanging on the suicide ladder in shaft alley then go NUKE.
What do you mean?
>>
USAF depper here waiting to take PAST to become TA(cuck)P
>>
>>28416158
errr go the schoolhouse, rather.
>>
>>28416158
When you get to Medina call TSgt DelToro "Mr. Burnface".

It's what the rest of the cadre call him behind his back. They'll think it's hilarious and it'll show them that you mean business.
>>
Best MOS to go into before considering a Special Ops unit? I want some experience under my belt before trying.
>>
>>28416637
>trying
Don't worry about it. Everyone who made it went in and didn't pussyfoot around. You scream noncommittal so don't waste your time with SOF.
>>
>>28416637
see
>>28413507
>>
>>28416672
I saw this but it didn't really answer my question >>28416637

>>28416663
Sorry for my wording. I'm more than capable of commitment though, I can assure you.
>>
File: lrs1485_1.jpg (16 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
lrs1485_1.jpg
16 KB, 480x320
>>28416611
sure thing hoss I'll let you know how it goes.
>>
>>28406880
Hey it's that MENA FAO again.
>>
>>28416637
There is no need to be in another MOS before joining a Special Ops unit. There are 2 reasons.

1. you can enlist directly into nearly all of them. Prior experience in anything is obviously not necessary.

2. there is a very good chance that you will not be granted permission to try out once you've joined your unit. After all, you have a job to do in your unit and they can't just let you go chase your own dreams of glory unless they have someone to take care of your workload.
>>
>>28416756
If you wanna go the Special [Snowflake] Ops route, just ham up and go in for it.

Once you get in the military and start as a Blackhawk Crewchief or an Ammo troop, you're
gonna be on the spot for a shitload of processing, training, and other dumb BigArmy/Navy/AF/MreenKor bullshit for at least your first year. You may not be even eligible to retrain, needs of Uncle Sam and whatnot.

This is the best time you have to get in shape and get ready for SOF shit. You don't have 0430 Roll Call and 2330 Accountability to make, you don't have 12hr shifts to dodge, you're not stuck in a barracks in Fort Bliss, and you generally
have a lot less to worry about.

Just use this time wisely and get monstered up, then jump square into a SOF contract.
>>
>>28416806
I'm not exactly confident in my physical condition yet for something like the SEALs. Are you saying I should do a year or two more of training instead of going into the military? (I'm 18 so I'd like to believe I have the time) I'm willing to serve 4 years to get the gist of everything before I go into a SOU, will I have trouble getting into an SOU after 4 years because of the 2nd reason you mentioned?
>>
>>28416847
>I'm not exactly confident in my physical condition yet for something like the SEALs.

Train up. Train like a motherfucker.

>I'm 18 so I'd like to believe I have the time

You have plenty of time. The SEALs prefer their recruits to be a little older, to have the patience and the wisdom of an older man. 18-year olds often lack the maturity to do a SEAL's work.

Work out. Get fit. Go to the local community college and get an associates. All of those things will make you a better person and more attractive to the SEALs.
>>
I'm flying back to AIT right now, Heck yeah.

But unfortunately my seat buddy is an aqua velva bathing morbidly obese brown person who is holding up the flight with some ticket problem

Anyways happy New Year, /meg/
>>
File: 1451363082750.png (226 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1451363082750.png
226 KB, 620x670
>>28415996
NUKE suicide rate is abnormally high due to the stress
>>
What's the most spook like MOS/rating that I can get?
>>
File: 1449365893365.jpg (118 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1449365893365.jpg
118 KB, 1440x900
>>28411131
I'm >>28411063
The medical work was fine. It was pretty slow moving. The hearing test will TRIP you up, so don't make the same mistake I did; Do NOT assume the noises are coming from other people's headphones. If you hear the slightest pitch of frequency it WILL be yours to respond to. The body isn't really that closely looked over, they'll ask you about calluses and if you just say shit like "it's from soccer" the doc will ignore it.

Relax and take your time with the perception tests if you're going in, and the pee test isn't as terrifying as you might imagine it. super easy, stand in front of a urinal with 5 people at your side and just piss in the cup. treat it like a small child (and a cup of urine) because you don't want to spill it on yourself, on the floor or anyone else for that matter

interview questions were really lax, just echo what everyone says; if it ain't on paper, if it ain't gonna be in your bloodstream, don't talk about it. there's no interrogation like they talk about, that's what I was really expecting but it is radically exaggerated

the doctor even fuckin' got a laugh out of me being incredibly ticklish when she was examining my abdominals. I had to read a paragraph (for what I'm assuming is to make sure you speak distinct english) and then I had to be examined for any lumps on the testes, general abnormalities, and then was told to bend over and spread my cheeks, and that was it

don't stress. it's a memorable time that you can use to briefly socialize with others when allowed. Oh, and please refrain from disrespecting any staff or anyone for that matter

had a guy who was getting processed in my group who snapped at some non-staff Marine who had said something disrespectful to him when he politely asked him if he could have a moment to retrieve his 'wet docs' which needless to say I don't think the marine expected
>>
>>28417664
>interview questions were really lax, just echo what everyone says; if it ain't on paper, if it ain't gonna be in your bloodstream, don't talk about it. there's no interrogation like they talk about, that's what I was really expecting but it is radically exaggerated

this was the fucking worst

i went in there expecting them to try and tear me a new asshole in meps and it ended up just being a long ass wait and a whole lot of nothing.
>>
>>28417706
The asshole tearing test at MEPS is only for navy applicants.
>>
>>28417706
>ended up just being a long ass wait and a whole lot of nothing.
They're preparing you for the majority of your military experience.

Standby to standby, etc.,
>>
>>28411131
they do a penis inspection and check to see if youre single
the armed forces have a no singles policy because of the recent shootings by armed single men
>>
>>28417629
Spook shit is more billet dependent than job dependent. Highest chance of being spooky with a cyber or SIGINT job though.
>>
>>28417629
>spy stuff

Army 35M and 35F. Nearly all the other intel jobs involve sitting in a small airless room making Powerpoints. 35Ms and 35Fs will still have to make Powerpoints, but they might leave the airless room.
>>
>>28417706
>Complaining about long wait.

Oh boy, the military might not be for you.
>>
>>28418027

>Implying that spook stuff isn't mainly done by neckbeards in windowless rooms.

k.
>>
>>28417664
>and then was told to bend over and spread my cheeks, and that was it
I'd be nervous that I didn't wipe well enough and that the doctor can see a smear of shit while inspecting my rust sheriff's badge

Death by embarrassment desu
>>
File: pepe-gamer.jpg (36 KB, 350x464) Image search: [Google]
pepe-gamer.jpg
36 KB, 350x464
>>28413507
Lets say someone takes your advice and wants to be a uber spec ops warrior. What are thier career choices when they get out of the service ? Cop ? Also what are the odds they make it out in one piece ?

I'm guessing the average air force veteran would be more qualified better jobs after serving.
>>
>>28418258
Secret service, security for wealthy celebrities or anybody else wanting protection, go to college for something else you'd want a job in.
>>
>>28418290
basically two very rare hard to get jobs or start over and go to college - Kek
>>
>>28418415
Anyone with the mental/physical acuity and work ethic to actually make a career in SOF could go get six figures elsewhere. People do SOF because they have a calling, not for the job prospects.
>>
>>28418128
Spook stuff isn't intel work. Intel work is done by people hunched over computers. Spook stuff is handling spies and stuff. Human intelligence, not just hacking someone's iPhone.
>>
>>28418528
doing what ? have any proof that most ex special forces make 100 grand plus ?
>>
>>28418578
he's saying if they wanted money they would go get a different job
>>
>>28418258
>What are thier career choices when they get out of the service ? Cop ?
Typically they go to college and get a job in the field of their degree.

>Also what are the odds they make it out in one piece ?
Fine. All things considered, American casualties are a pretty rare thing these days, compared to past wars.
>>
File: 1450813062084.jpg (198 KB, 1320x1656) Image search: [Google]
1450813062084.jpg
198 KB, 1320x1656
Give it to me straight and hard: how stupid would I be to join the military purely for the benefits and to retire after 20 years of service? Stupid?
>>
Why wait an extra 16 years if you're only in it for the benefits?
>>
>>28418686
I know you're responding to me, >>28418676
Because the idea of retiring at ~40 and never having to work another day in my life sounds fucking nice
>>
How awkward would it be to enlist at 22
>>
>>28418830
Not at all. 22 is a very common age to enlist. How many guys come out of college, realize they can't get a job with their degree and enlist instead?
>>
File: images-7.jpg (32 KB, 369x398) Image search: [Google]
images-7.jpg
32 KB, 369x398
Can i, as a non US citizen, join the US army?
I have 8 years service in the Australian Army but we aren't going anywhere or doing any thing. And would i be able to serve in special forces? Or rangers?
>>
>>28418882
Thanks, I was just thinking about how most of my buds enlisted straight out of highschool
>>
>>28418830
Not awkward

Besides, I enlisted at 26, so it'd be more awkward for me
>>
File: 1416098623383.png (106 KB, 315x334) Image search: [Google]
1416098623383.png
106 KB, 315x334
So I'm going to meet a Air Force Recruiter, any tips?
>>
>>28418917
FFL for you, sorry
>>
>>28419448
Be open-minded about jobs, they don't like it when you go there to shop for a specific one.
>>
>>28419566
Ok thanks, I was planning on that, really I gotta think on how to say so, not really good with words.
>>
>>28419566
different guy, same question.

would going in with a list of jobs i'm interested in be better?
>>
File: 1422819743260.png (44 KB, 158x180) Image search: [Google]
1422819743260.png
44 KB, 158x180
>>28418830
>Enlist at 21

>Reach boat at 23

>Bossed around by 20/21 year old second classes
>>
>>28419349
Enlisting after I get a degree. How was it? What branch did you pick?
>>
>>28419662
why does this bother people so much?
>>
>>28419708
Age is something that can take many by surprise, I met a DS who was 24 or 26 when one or two of the recruits were 30 and 28. It's just amazing to them that someone younger than them made it to such a rank and position
>>
>>28419585
They give you a list of all the jobs which you can check, but it helps to do some research and know what kind of jobs you'd be interested it before going in.
>>
>>28419684
I'm in DEP right now, but things have been pretty good so far.

I'm going into the Air Force.
>>
>>28419794
if the jobs i'm looking at (only 2) aren't available, what then? say thank you and walk next door to army? or come back in a couple months and ask again? do they give you a call when the position is available again?
>>
Hey fellas I'm 21 and thinking of enlisting, I can do all the PT scores and did well on the practice aptitude tests ive taken online
If I've technically been unemployed for almost a year(working afew odd temp jobs and labor jobs off craigslist ) would that look bad if trying to enlist as an army grunt?
Will they ask for references? Every job I've had people have liked me, but I'm worried they will say something like "oh anon? He doesnt really seem like the army type, he's so nice and shy!" and they will blacklist me for autism or something
also 13B or 11B?
Im wicked dumb
>>
>>28419962
youre exactly what they want. 11b.
>>
>>28419962
>Im wicked dumb
That's a requirement for both those MOS my friend
Welcome aboard
13B if you want fun
>>
CTN3 here

this rating seems to be of interest to many of you

i will answer whatever i can
>>
>>28419962
>If I've technically been unemployed for almost a year
that will not DQ you, but it will raise a lot of red flags and make it tough to join, why should they trust you to stick with it and work hard if you have shown you cannot do that in the much more easy civilian workforce?
>>
File: 1395938742665.png (87 KB, 253x253) Image search: [Google]
1395938742665.png
87 KB, 253x253
>>28420324
Why is EIDW a cheesedick warfare pin?
>>
>>28420353
you're saying bring a fucking resume?
>>
>>28420431
Treat it like any other job interview, ts not complicated
At least wear a collared shirt, a tie would be over the top though
>>
File: 1412768298637.gif (562 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1412768298637.gif
562 KB, 500x281
I have a chance of going 88M or 25B. Which one do you think I should pick? My recruiter says if I get 88M then I will get a bonus.
>>
>>28420510
Go 25B dude. If you pick 88Mistake, you'll only regret it.
>>
>>28420431
He's trolling you. Your work history does not matter unless it affects your security clearance.
>>
>>28419566
Who cares what they don't like? If 4-6 years of your life your signing away. I say pick the job that you want/feel most comfortable with. If you are qualified for it, then they''ll keep quiet because they don't want to scare away a potential pay raise.
>>
>>28420418
because we Intel folks need even more of a reason to feel special
>>
>>28420580
they want a resume if you try to get a clearance?
>>
I want to reclass as a different MOS. Am I gonna have to retake the ASVAB? My old score is probably not high enough to get a new job.
>>
>>28412795
Air Force.
I'm scrawny and the pt is no issue, dep for 6 months or so and train every other day and you'll have no problem.
>>
>>28418917
Why not join the 2nd Commando Regiment?
>>
>>28420580
How important is my past history to security clearances?

I've never committed crimes or done drugs, but I'm socially awkward. Is there a risk of failing a polygraph?
>>
>>28420899
Polygraph?
I've never heard of anyone taking one even for a tssi.
Usually you interview with a fed at some point.
>>
>>28419864
If you're only interested in two jobs, so some research and see what kind of demand exists/how competitive they are.

Chances are, you could get the job and go into DEP, but you'll just be in DEP longer until the job becomes available.
>>
>>28420952
It's mandatory for some job roles, but most people with a TS never have to get one.
>>
>>28420990
sounds good thanks for answering my questions. i like 2 in af, 3 in army. i'm the guy last thread with that hood as fuck recruiter bitch that wont call me back. that's why i started looking at similar jobs in other branches
>>
>>28420714
No. You will have to answer questions about your employment history on your application for clearance. If you have been fired from jobs or subject to any kind of disciplinary action at work, it could affect your ability to get a clearance.

>>28420899
You won't need a polygraph unless you apply for certain MOS. Even if you were to need one, most polygraphs are counterintelligence (CI) polygraphs, which basically ask if you are a spy. The polygraph that scares people is the full scope or lifestyle polygraph, which will ask if you touch yourself at night and like CP.
>>
>>28420627
I'm just saying it helps to be flexible.

Have multiple jobs you'd be interested in, rather than being dead set on one in particular.
>>
>>28421095
I've been fired before, can't i just leave that off the form?
>>
>>28421138
yes
>>
>>28421138
Yeah sure, you could. If you leave the job off entirely, they'll notice when they see that you paid taxes for a job that you didn't report. If you don't mention that you got fired, then you run the risk of getting caught when they call all of your old employers to ask about you.

Lying on an SF86 is almost always worse than admitting something.

Unless you were fired for stealing, doing drugs on the job, etc. I wouldn't worry about it. They already know that you're a retarded kid, what they're trying to figure out is if you're unreliable.
>>
Ayy hol up hol up.
How much stigma does the Airforce have IRL?
Like will I get bullied with constant ">chairfoce" and POG! shit if I enlist? Or is that just on here that it gets shit on? Im pretty smart I just dont have a college degree
>>
Are you generally expected to pick a job while you're at MEPS?

I'd like some time to think about what I'm qualified for after I've gotten my ASVAB scores.
>>
File: Le jew shill Face.jpg (108 KB, 1000x720) Image search: [Google]
Le jew shill Face.jpg
108 KB, 1000x720
>>28421544
>I'd like some time to think
You've come to the wrong place friendO
>>
>>28421527
>Im pretty smart I just don't have a college degree
Don't ever say that in meat space. you will immediately be thought of as an idiot.
>>
>>28420324
Do you have any chances to join SOF groups as support as a CTN? Is ION as cool as it sounds?
>>
>>28421527
>will I get bullied with constant ">chairfoce" and POG! shit if I enlist?
yes
>>
>>28421634
even by civilians?
Why do people respect navy sailors but not the air force?
>>
>>28421658
It's a fun joke. Only morons really take it seriously.
>>
>>28421658
>respecting the navy
ISHYGDDT
>>
Well, I'm finally at the MEPS hotel, I take the plane out on Tuesday morning.
>>
>>28411063
95 on the AFQT with >1 year of time to work out.

Best medical jobs across the branches?
>>
>>28421746
Forgot my trip
>>
File: 1451078846164.jpg (39 KB, 600x568) Image search: [Google]
1451078846164.jpg
39 KB, 600x568
I want graduated late from HS can I still enlist or am I fucked?
>>
>>28421588
well, anyone a CTN that can answer this?
>>
>>28422270
You need to be able to get a 31 on the AFQT, sorry mate don't think you can hack it

jk bruv, literal retards can join
>>
File: 1444049771824.jpg (118 KB, 640x718) Image search: [Google]
1444049771824.jpg
118 KB, 640x718
>>28422391
Thank you familia
>>
>>28422391

I have a friend who finished his senior year in some special-ed school for retards and drug addicts and then went on to do 4 years in the Navy, so I think it might be doable.
>>
Thinking about joining the military. What is the easiest job? I basically want to do absolutely nothing and get paid for it.
>>
>>28418027
>35F

lmao foxes are known for only doing ppt
>>
File: 1451663510537.jpg (4 KB, 199x177) Image search: [Google]
1451663510537.jpg
4 KB, 199x177
>>28412773

'suzy rottencrotch" has been a Military joke for over 50 years, does she not see that it's part of Military tradition?
>>
Ask me anything you want answered about joining the Army.
>>
>>28406851
You guys probably heard this 1000 times but
>Fucking up in college (long story)
>Owe them 2000$ and about to be dismissed from college
>Gonna have to find a job this semester and try and pay them off
>Been sending out applications for months and getting no call backs
>Mom keeps saying the
>"Get your 4 year degree anon"
>meme
(Yet can't pay my bill or offer any help beyond normal NEET stuff)
Should I just grow a pair join the AF behind her back for 4 years then go back to college later. I am fixing to wait until right after the election so I don't end up serving under sanders (I would under Hilliary but would be reluctant)

The biggest obstacles I face
>Parents not wanting me to join (unless I went officer)
>Absolutly hating it or fucking my life up further and proving my parents right
>Extended families religion is anti-war (Not really a huge concern)
>Peanut butter shot
>A Texas water filter salesmen I always listen to tells me vaccines are bad
>Haven't done a push up in 3.5 years

Physically I probably could exert myself to barely pass the minimums but I have no gyms near my house. And I'd look pretty retarded if I started running around outside my house/park.
>That feel when had to walk to a destination 1.3 miles away from my house
>Took 40 minutes to and from
>Was pretty tired from it

>Find out AF minimum is 1.5 mile run in11 minutes
>just fuck my shit up familial

Sidenote
Whats with people getting married and getting paid double in the mil?
Its pretty retarded to get married these days but i could see people marrying the stripper off exit 53 for extra money.
>>
>>28423049

>Whats with people getting married and getting paid double in the mil?

That isn't exactly how it works. It means you get BAH.
>>
>>28423049
Why AF?
>>
>>28423089
>>28423049

Whoops, I mean HoA. I don't think BAH is a thing anymore, right?
>>
Do any other branches give high enlistment bonuses, besides the Army?
>>
What's a rough cutoff age if you want to join the special forces? Hypothetically of course, I'm not a very physical guy.
>>
>>28423135
Do you know the difference between Special Forces and Special Operations?
>>
>>28423146
No I'm completely clueless to be honest. Maybe I'm asking a stupid question but I was thinking people like the SAS.
>>
>>28418228
Nah man its literally one second. They probably see about 50 different assholes a day.
>>
>>28423160
Special Forces=Green Berets only
Special Operations=Rangers, Seals, SOAR, MARSOC... ETC...
SAS=Special Air Service <----British
>>
Maroon Berets>Scarlet Berets=Green Berets>Black/Tan Berets>Red Berets
>>
army mechanic in an sf group in anyone has questions about the army
>>
>>28421544
Its divided into to two days. One for ASVAB, and one for medical. When i was there some people just took the ASVAB and went home the same day.
>>
>>28423228
Shave someones beard
>>
>>28423189
All very hard to get into though I imagine.
>>
>>28423246
The average Green berets age is 35 for your information
>>
>>28423244
Never see anyone in garrison with a beard here unless they're some "secret squirrel" type guys or in one of the in house schools. Hopefully my beard will fill out if I deploy.
>>
>>28423259
That's a fair bit older than I expected. Wouldn't they get in at a much younger age though?
>>
>>28423228
How do I get to an SF group as my first duty station?
>>
File: ubvCNC6.jpg (107 KB, 960x721) Image search: [Google]
ubvCNC6.jpg
107 KB, 960x721
>>28423275
It takes years of training to get a green beret
>>
>>28423287
Just airborne and getting lucky on orders. I've heard rumors of getting picked because of GT score or something but idk. Pretty much all the people i've met are at least above 100 and a good amount have above 110.
>>
>>28423275
most are seasoned infantry/rangers or what ever mos
>>
File: Delta.jpg (116 KB, 833x960) Image search: [Google]
Delta.jpg
116 KB, 833x960
>>28423334
Yes this too. then off to the unit if you're lucky
>>
>>28420871
See above. We aren't doing anything. Anywhere 2cdo goes the yanks will have been there first. Our goverment is completely cucked. Also i want to live in the states.
>>
File: brs.jpg (198 KB, 512x654) Image search: [Google]
brs.jpg
198 KB, 512x654
>>28423351
Follow in his footsteps, Anon.
>>
>>28423090
I was in JrAFROTC in high school for a year and they have more tech jobs
btw these are some of the jobs I am looking at
>Sensor Operator
>Cable and Antenna Systems
>Cyber Transport Systems
>Electronic Signals Intelligence Exploitation
>Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) Operator

How do you guys find out if these positions require 6 years (I am really looking for just 4 years). Whats the likely hood of getting these MOS's and how do I find out the MOS code? Lastly anyone having knowledge of these careers how do they transfer to the civilian world(Most seem to be some flavor of telecommunications)
>>
>>28423315
>>28423334
So experience is the most important thing. Makes sense I guess. I'm so jealous of these guys.
>>
>>28423103
>>28423089
idk its just what I heard. Mil gives out hella benefits for marriage
>>
File: 1434883375051.png (123 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1434883375051.png
123 KB, 250x250
>>28423351
What this anon said >>28423387

2cdo is a good lead up into SASR
>>
>>28423387
I met him in afghanistan a few days before tizak happened. Man is a monster. Im a big guy abou 192cm and 105kg. And this guy made me feel small.
>>
>>28423407
As someone who was in thats not really true. The sf recruiters advise against using 2cdo as a stepping stone. Pick one and try out for it.
>>
File: 1451017598430.jpg (90 KB, 682x475) Image search: [Google]
1451017598430.jpg
90 KB, 682x475
>>28423421
Ah, alright

im just one of those guy's going through enlistment right now who reads tons of shit, so i didnt know that SF recruiters advised against that course of action.

Whats Singleton like?
>>
>>28423448
Singo is singo. It sucks balls but it is also your first true introduction to what grunt life is all about, getting fucked on for no good reason. Also if you are enlisting soon you'll be there in winter. Which makes it suck even more.
My advice for you is to shut the fuck up. Only ask questions if you want an answer, not to make you look good. Try and stay grey, don't be jack and most importantly don't ever tell warries about it when you reach your battalion.
As for the SF stuff. Think about the roles that 2CDO and SASR actually do as they are extremly different. Find which one suits you more. Then train yoirself ul for the particular selection course and give it a go. Listen to your seccos and the senior digs and if they tell you that you shouldn't apply (and i mean you particularly not just a salty attitude) then wait till you've sorted your shit out.
>>
>>28423502
Cheers mate

Wasnt planning on SF stuff for a few years down the track.
At the moment, i just want to get in as a rifleman and see where i can go from there.

>Only ask questions if you want an answer, not to make you look good
Thats kind of a general rule with life, though, isnt it?
>>
>>28423676
you'd be fucking surprised how many of the people around you won't follow that rule. They ask questions they already know the answer to, usually phrased as "is the so and so X" or "is t true that?"
Its a form a cocksucking and the seccos know what it is as well. no one likes a cock sucker.
>>
>>28421218
this is a problem. i got a random drug test and got fired. my boss was cool about it and told me he'd say laid off instead of fired if i put it on my resume, but this was a couple years ago. maybe I'll call him and refresh his memory
>>
>>28424211
>my boss was cool
>___ was cool
Why is this phrase commonly used by people with behavior disorders?
>>
>>28424283
So you're saying he should be a Marine
>>
>>28424283
was understanding, is that better?

why do people overanalyze verbage and grammar on the internet? is this common behavior for people with autism?
>>
Sup fellas, leaving to go to the hotel in a few hours to ship to OSUT tomorrow...holy shit balls getting nervous.
>>
>>28421588
>>28422284

ION is cool if you have the mindset for it. If not, you'll never get that far. It's not something they'll give you a shot at if you find it boring.

There's definitely SOF opportunities, but you'll have to prove yourself in the office first. SOF units want wizards that can keep up physically, not noobs.
>>
>>28423268
If you're authorized a beard in garrison, you're authorized civvy clothes too.
>>
>>28424354
Yep, I take the plane out to Benning tomorrow too. You excited?
>>
File: czIUPmM.jpg (75 KB, 938x632) Image search: [Google]
czIUPmM.jpg
75 KB, 938x632
>>28424621

get HYPE
>>
>>28424211
You're a retard and also probably fucked.
>>
>>28424621
Nobody should be excited for Benning.
>>
>>28424621
22 days until I go to ft sill for basic. I hope I get to see some snow, I grew up in alaska and haven't seen mountains or snow in 4 years.

FUCK FLORIDA
>>
>>28424691
not retarded, it was a setup. boss came out to the worksite to celebrate with our crew, took us out for drinks. next day our safety guy popped us for randoms. i worked in a field that keeps positive drug tests for up to 5 years (oilfield). there was a chance that i'd fail and i didn't want to risk being on a list so i refused. automatic termination.

thanks for answering my questions though, something to think about
>>
File: stuka.jpg (7 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
stuka.jpg
7 KB, 261x193
>>28423049
>>28423391
If anyone could give me guidance that would be much appreciated
>>
>>28406851
ACOG or Holo?
>>
>>28424854

90% of the military: Iron sights, and 80~ rounds a year, if you're lucky.

Not much shooting in military, desu.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 640x479
>>28424965
A least in America they don't give u this.
>>
Is it possible for foreigners to join the US armed forces? Maybe getting a green card afterwards?

I'd join the FFL but fuck, really doubt I could get in good enough shape for it
>>
Is MARSOC a good choice?
>>
>>28424621
>>28424354

>He fell for 11Beautiful meme

Holy shit, obviously you're motivated since we're at peace times right now. cuz if you're not... I'm gonna pray everyday for you buddy, just so you can have a smile at the end of the day

>>28424711
>Sill
Good luck m8, I went to Benning and I hearn't it wasn't as fun

>>28423259
I saw 20s year old green berets walking around airborne a few times
>>
File: IMG_20151228_154648.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151228_154648.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
Holy fuck guys. I ship out in basically two weeks from today
Time flies.
San Antonio here I come.
Anyone else shipping out to San an soon
>>
File: obama.gif (865 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
obama.gif
865 KB, 320x240
>>28425261

age to go to selection is 20 so some 19 year olds sign up for 18x and hit the age just as they get out of Basic. So while it's a little weird it's not uncommon for there to be SF younglings.
>>
>>28423391
I've heard jobs involving working with UAVs are hell
>>
File: 1336344661173.jpg (33 KB, 450x304) Image search: [Google]
1336344661173.jpg
33 KB, 450x304
>>28425425
>mfw I went through Lackland last summer
You're gonna have FUN. At least BEAST MOPP drills won't be as bad if you're going through the winter months.
>>
>>28424510
Not the dude before but what about tattoos, any change on those? To what extent (up to sleeves or what)?
I'm also kind of curious as to what grooming standards besides beards would, I'm assuming you would let all that grow out but hypothetically what about shaved head+ beard or Mohawk+Beard
>>
>>28425217
Hell I'm going for it, going to try for enlisted ( trying for 0331), try out for recon battalion, onto force recon then possibly go into ussocom for MARSOC, or I did hear that u could also just try for MARSOC straight out of infantry??
>>
>>28423049
If you have outstanding debt the AF wont let you join IIRC
>>
>>28423019
What kind of tips would you give to a foreign national (Switzerland) regarding boot camp/day to day life and socializing?
>>
File: 1448738383956.gif (77 KB, 476x688) Image search: [Google]
1448738383956.gif
77 KB, 476x688
>>28425425
kek I'm going to San Antonio today as well but that's because I took leave and going back to my unit

WARNING below is blogging a bit

I visited family and feel like a shit ton has changed in over a year, I really wish I would be able to go reservers if I could but most likely not happening on top of NEVER EVER tons of paperwork and BS to even let that happen

Love my senpai and wish I could spent more time around

Anyone know what I should expect for my next 3 years? Just got to my unit like a month ago but haven't figured much other than being sent somewhere at some point for months, come back, repeat. Profit?
>>
>>28421764
hell I couldn't really tell you to be honest. I have my packet of 6 pages of jobs and I'm just crossing out anything that has to do with combat / isn't civilian translatable / uninterested
>>
>>28421764
going off what I said in my first reply, just do some research on your own. You have plenty of time to get into shape, and it'd be wise to see about making that you can lift 100 pounds for some jobs I've heard

Just be mindful of what job you sign up with does not necessarily mean you get the subcategory. The first thing I have on my list is integrated avionics systems but I have zero choice of what subcategory or 'letter' at the end of my AFSC I'll be working on (i.e I can't say I want to work on F-15s and nothing else)

So if you sign up for a job under assistant technician in the medical field you'll have no idea if they'll make you take on the subcategory of urology.

E-1 base pay a month is about 1,531 a month from what I read, E-3 is about 1,800 or so
>>
>>28425917
Can you elaborate

>>28426192
You have to be joking
>Owe 2000$
>Want to join military to pay it off
>Can't because you owe someone money

What?
>>
>>28427032
I've just heard that working on UAVs can be stressful

Long hours in a trailer, killing people on a video screen, those kinds of things
>>
File: the_veteran_burned_man.gif (2 MB, 260x138) Image search: [Google]
the_veteran_burned_man.gif
2 MB, 260x138
>>28427054
Oh I've heard about that to. Pretty sure I heard they brought down the number of hours pilots work to about 14 a day and below. idk I haven't seen reaperguy in a long time here

>Killing people on a video screen
>Long hours in a trailer

>Sitting at home in front of my computer most of the day
>Playing out simulated murders for hours in vidya
Its like I've been prepared for this moment for a long time
>>
>>28427032
It's only a problem if you owe shitloads of money or are delinquent, in collections, getting sued, etc. Financial problems are the #1 cause of people not getting or losing security clearances.
>>
Guys, really looking into joining the National Guard or Air National Guard.

Question though, is it possible to go from Guard to fulltime military if I really really like it?
>>
File: 1437371883858.gif (708 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1437371883858.gif
708 KB, 500x281
I sign my papers Thursday for a 11x with option 40. If you are doing the same and leaving February post and let's chat
>>
>>28426105
The point of beards is usually to blend in. Tattoos aren't going to help with that, usually. Mohawks would make you stand out.>>28426126
>>
>>28427553
>Guard to active

Recruiter will say yes, but really the answer is that it is fucking hard and few people can pull off. You get shit job selection too.

So, no, not really.
>>
File: 1451941732292-502923856.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
1451941732292-502923856.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
>tfw last dep call before I ship out
Thank god. It's a fucking 90 mile drive here
>>
>>28424691
>>28424715
contacted previous employer, they said they don't even have a record of my termination. is this good or bad? i talked to the HR lady, the head of operations will give me a call tomorrow to get to the bottom of this
>>
>>28428033
>those ratty fucking cars that look like they belong in Juarez
Tells you everything you need to know about the military.
>>
>>28428033
>tfw first DEP call this week
>>
How long does it usually take from showing up at a Marine Recruiting Center to shipping to Boot Camp as Infantry 03XX.
>>
>>28428033
Hello fellow Sedaliafag
>>
>>28412795
>I won't make enough money to go to college after my 4 years
Nigger, the Chapter 33 (Post 9/11) gives you 36 months of BAH at E5 and pays for tuition and a book stipend.

On top of that you'll probably also get the Pell Grant.

The only way someone comes out of the military now without paying for college is if they're retarded and decide not to use their benefits or they get an OTH/Dishonorable.
>>
>>28428844
What happens if people get medically discharged previously to serving 36 months? Are they eligible for the GI Bill?
>>
>>28415102
>Enlisted folks, why are you making the enlisted corps your career if this is true? No alternatives?
There are a lot of differences between enlisted and officer.

1. Officers require college education (continuing education if you want to get promoted, which you do because it's up or out).

2. Enlisted (at least in the Army) can get a contract for a specific MOS. Officer MOS are needs of 9/10 unless you go to one of the cool guy jobs like FAO. I worked with an intel captain who was rebranched (needs of the Army) more than once before he hit O3.

3. Even when you get the MOS you want, you'll only spend the first 2-3 years actually working in that MOS. Then you'll start to get into staff and command time. Unless you do something cool like FAO.

4. Like I said earlier, for Os it's Up or Out. You can go to the board for your E5, not get selected, and then just stay as an E4p until the end of your contract and then reenlist. If you get passed over for O4 (you get a second chance, but 99% of people who get passed over the first time get passed over again the next year) you're done and your career is over. The people who make it to O4 then go through the same process five years later for their O5 and if they get passed over their career is done.

Enlisted of HYT (High Year of Tenure), but you can stay an E4 (automatic promotion in the Army) for ten years before you have to worry about that.
>>
>>28418568
>Spook stuff isn't intel work.

That is literally what "spook" means.

You are right and wrong simultaneously. Yes, intel work can involve people hunched over computers.

But it also involves a lot more than that.

>>28421218
>>28421095

These. The investigator came and saw me at AIT years ago when I put on the SF86 that I quite (I walked out because they expected me to work during the day while I was in high school) and they said I was fired (claimed I was no call no show during times I was literally sitting in AP Biology).

Explained to them what happened (manager never actually told me I was fired, I just couldn't clock in, told them I quit when he acted like I was the asshole) and never had a problem with my TS/SCI.
>>
>>28422270
I failed my freshman year of high school, graduated at 19, got a 98 AFQT and 135 GT score, enlisted and spent six years as a 35F.
>>
What's the best job in the air force? Best living conditions, best pay, easiest to get work w/ outside of the military, etc

I was gonna go mechanical & wanted maintenance, but I hear that's shit
>>
File: tumblr_lqnn1i5elV1qjscrso1_500.jpg (110 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lqnn1i5elV1qjscrso1_500.jpg
110 KB, 500x666
Hey dudes
Can I be a 68W if I know literally nothing about medical care?
I know having an EMT licence will help my chances, but would it be incredibly difficult to get into without it?
DO they really teach you everything you need to know it 16 weeks?
>>
I'm in NROTC and want to go into the EOD community. For my PST I blow the situps, pushups and pullups out of the water and do decent on the 1.5 mile run (9:45) but my 500 yard swim is time is disgusting (~11 minutes). I commission in a year and was wondering if I should even try with a swim time like that. I know this isn't exactly an enlistment question but I feel it's relevant and any input/advice would be appreciated.
>>
>>28429047
did they contact your employer? or was the interview because of a discrepancy on your form?
>>
>>28428872
>What happens if people get medically discharged previously to serving 36 months? Are they eligible for the GI Bill?

It depends on your specific circumstances?

Were you reserve or guard?

No.

Were you reserve or guard and deployed on title 10/active duty orders outside of your initial active duty for training?

Yes, with the percentage of benefit changing depending on how much time you spent deployed. IIRC 24-25 months gets you 100%. So about two deployments for Army.

If you were AD I'm pretty sure you get the full benefits for medical discharge if you were out of TRADOC for a significant amount of time.
>>
>>28428797
Holy fuck no way
>>
>>28429144
>did they contact your employer? or was the interview because of a discrepancy on your form?

They contacted them.

The "discrepancy" was the problem. I said I quit, when the investigator talked to them they said I was fired. After I told the story to the investigator they said it was cool and I got my TS.
>>
Will tattoos hurt my ability to get selected as a PJ?
>>
>>28429138
yes, they teach you what you need to know
>>
What is my statistical chance of actually getting shot or killed as an 11B in the army?
>>
>>28429209
Also intersted, how do tattoos affect selection in the 18x series? I have full sleeves...
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.