[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it safe to detonate a 50bmg primer with a nail if there is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: IMAG0123.jpg (3 MB, 3024x5376) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0123.jpg
3 MB, 3024x5376
Is it safe to detonate a 50bmg primer with a nail if there is no projectile or powder?
>>
>>28403017
Do it and find out.
>>
Just blow it out from the other side with a torch.
>>
>>28403017
Any reason you couldn't just fire it inside a rifle? Feel like that would be easier and safer
>>
>>28403029
Que?

>>28403037
I don't have a 50 cal rifle, just this one round I found. I already pulled the bullet out and dumped the powder, but the primer is still live
>>
>>28403037
he probably doesnt have a rifle. Just do it faggot
>>
>>28403053
use a shotgun
>>
>>28403027
... and post a video
>>
I bought one box each of Russian Brown Bear and Wolf 7.62x51. I wanted to see the difference in bullet and powder before ordering a case.

I took the primed cases, mounted them in a vice on my work bench in the garage. With the primer pointing up, I took a punch and hammer to them. No damage to anything, but it was loud as hell (make sure you use earpro).

I will say this, the Wolf primer produced a large flash, not so much on the Brown Bear.
>>
>>28403099
I'll give that a shot
>>
>>28403017
You'll goto the hospital with a face full of brass fragments
>>
>>28403017
I fell for this once.
>>
>>28403073
This.

12g will chamber it
>>
>>28403285
Someone idiot has to have tried this with a live .50BMG round.
Also would .50BMG brass be a valid source of re-loadable shotgun shells?
>>
>>28403397
No rim. Heard cut down 20 mm will work but I'm probably wrong.
>>
>>28403017
yeah but it will leave your ears ringing.
>>
I put a CCI#35 primer (50 BMG) on a hot plate and it made a football sized flash, about as loud as 22LR stingers from a pistol.

Wear ear and eyepro and you'll be fine.
>>
>>28403397
The 12gauge will not facilitate for enough pressure. You will get a muffled bang, bullet flies 20m and your shotgun gets filled with powder.
>>
>>28403017
WD40 kills primers. Spray it with some and push it out.
>>
>>28403017
Anybody got that picture of a soldier using a .50 BMG round as a hammer and shredded his hand into a pink and bloody skeleton hand?
>>
>>28403017

Be a lil loud, there is not enough power there to do any thing. Just picture it like a loud fire cracker.
>>
>>28405585
Google has it
>>
>>28405585

It's literally the first hit if you google 50bmg as hammer.
>>
Hitting it with a nail is safer than heating, wear eye and ear protection, you'll get some flying brass so it's up to you whether you want a face shield or the possibility of a dashing scar but it's not going to kill you unless it miraculously hits something vital in the neck (a thick wool scarf should suffice for protection in that area). Heating primers seems to yield a more violent detonation, a 12ga one took out the stove I was using to decommission old brass when a fragment pieced the canister but it takes a few seconds to reach temperature so you can walk clear.
>>
>>28405585
>>
>>28403397

Literally already on YouTube
>>
>>28405097

Look everyone.
A big faggot.

It's on YouTube you dying fuck.
>>
>>28405662
Whats even better is that I know the asshole that did this. He was an NCO. Nobody is more professional than he.
>>
Other than a really loud bang, setting off the primer alone isn't going to do shit. I doubt you would even bulge the case. Keep your fingers away from the case mouth though.
>>
>>28408591
When you see him thank him for the keks

>how can someone be this retarded
>>
>>28405662

Holy fuck that guy is stupid as hell but I wouldn't wish that kind of injury on anyone.
>>
File: tactical-facepalm.jpg (48 KB, 375x251) Image search: [Google]
tactical-facepalm.jpg
48 KB, 375x251
>>28405662
>using a live round as a hammer/punch
just why
>>
>>28408591
Did they have to remove his whole hand?
Does he wear a hook now?
>>
>>28412753
>tricare

They probably cut it off at the shoulder and refuse to release him because they found a fatty cist in his little toe dooming him to spend years in the barracks not allowed to leave.
>>
I played with a lot of 12 GA primed but no powder shells in my youth when making slam bang shotguns
Just the primer will shoot sparks down a 20" "barrel" and out the front maybe 6"
Make sure there's nothing that is flammable in front of the case mouth, wear eye and earpro and probably gloves
Also, blunt the nail or you'll puncture the primer
Or better yet, use the flat end of a finishing nail

Other than sound/spark injuries, there's nothing really to worry about
>>
>>28405662

That image was debunked.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.