[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deep inside you know I'm right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 14
File: 1442871949462.jpg (95 KB, 623x700) Image search: [Google]
1442871949462.jpg
95 KB, 623x700
>mfw the US Army replaces the M4 with the Kel-Tec RDB
>>
File: 1374875012125.jpg (40 KB, 365x348) Image search: [Google]
1374875012125.jpg
40 KB, 365x348
>>28399588
>military industrial complex
>spending money to arm our soldiers with any gear newer than 20 years
>mfw
>>
-more reliable than an AK

-simple as a bolt action

-better trigger and softer recoil than an AR

-the only truly new, non-derivative firearm design in the past 20 years
>>
File: 2544_f532.jpg (33 KB, 282x299) Image search: [Google]
2544_f532.jpg
33 KB, 282x299
>>28399588
>any kek-tek gun shedding the memegun status
>ever
>>
>>28399588
10/10 I really wanted to hate this bait but god damn is it hilarious.
>>
We'll be fielding laser guns by the time Kel Tec has produced enough guns to equip the US Army
>>
>>28399656
Someday your children and then their children will be mowing down Asians and Turks with a Kel-Tec.

Screencap this, because I want you to remember the day in 2016 that anon predicted the future of Western military small-arms.
>>
Ian loves it. Even said the DoD needs to take a hard look at the RDB.
>>
File: 9876trfgvbhj.jpg (156 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
9876trfgvbhj.jpg
156 KB, 1280x720
MAC loves it.
>>
>>28399675
>Willingly having children
That is a nightmare I never want to live.

I can't wait for Kel-tec to return from holiday break. The RDBs on Gunbroker dried up.
>>
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 978x617) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 978x617
Let's be honest, OP. You've never used an M4 in combat. Shit, you've never used a real M4 I bet. There's a reason that 90% of operators worldwide still use a M16-variant rifle even if it's the nifty one with a piston system. It works and it's accurate. Sure, you read some memes on line about positive body control with bullpups and how M4s are complex jam factories, but you really have absolutely no experience with these weapons. I carried an M4 in Nuristan Province, Afghanistan for 9 months with 3BCT, 10 Mountain and never had a single malfunction. It's a great system, it's saved as many lives as it's taken. Stop trying to change it.

Pic related is SAS after a 36 hour firefight that they survived because they ditched their countries garbage bull pup and went with a real weapon.
>>
>>28399730
Same thing was said about the Garand (durr never used a bolt gun in combat), FAL, Glock, etc. Propeller planes. Rifle grenades. Steel helmets.

Face it, you're behind the curve. Like all those faggots who signed up for 'Nam thinking it was going to be like Dad and the boys in WWII (at least what the movies made you think that was like).

M4 is a great rifle. So was the Garand. But today, people like you sound like Col. Cooper in the 1980s telling everyone that the perfect police carbine is a lever-action. The M4 is over the hill -- the Israelis have ditched it, the US Army is even making excuses for it:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/19/armys-quits-tests-after-competing-rifle-outperform/?page=all

We're just one retired general and a couple congressmen away from making your tacticool safe queen officially obsolete. You must feel like those poor MAC-10 owners did in the 80s.
>>
>>28399730
>SAS

*New Zealand SAS

That's like saying "Malaysian Special Forces". No wonder two of the guys in the photo are dead. If only their leadership would have had the foresight to choose something like the RDB instead of a relic of the Cold War, maybe they'd still be alive today.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 577x498) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 577x498
>>28399784
>Israeli commandos carrying M4s instead of less reliable Tavors
>If bull pups are so great why does CAG still use M16-variants?
>Your countries best operators prefer M4s over bullpups

Comparing the more from lever/bolt-action to automatic to the move to bullpup weapon systems is seriously retarded and you just revealed your autism card by doing so.
>>
>>28399807
Nice 11 year old photo. Enjoy your 1950s technology.

Fuck anon, I'm glad you're not in charge of the Air Force -- we'd still be flying Convair Delta Darts and F-105 Thunderchiefs.
>>
>>28399796
>No wonder two of the guys in the photo are dead
Eh? If anybody in that photo is dead, its the ANA guy covering his face, and that's because of a catastrophic opsec breach, nothing to do with whether or not they use this weeks gimmick gun.
>>
>>28399807
>m4 forever
>also check out my superior ALICE gear

kek
>>
>Countries that use bullpups:
>Austria
>Australia (Only staying with it because its the only gun their country produces and they want to support home industry)
>China (in process of switching back to 5.8mm AK derivative)
>Croatia
>France (possibly switching to Italian fishgun)
>Ireland
>Israel
>New Zealand (switching to AR15 soon)
>Oman
>Singapore
>UK
>Belgium
>Slovenia

>Countries that use bullpups whose SF also use bullpups:
>...
Lol OP take your Swedish cuck gun elsewhere.
>>
>>28399859
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leon_Kristopher_Smith

There. Now you can stop being a dumbass.
>>
>>28399914
>Thinks a man using a .223 rifle who was shot in the head from behind would have survived if he had been using a slightly shorter plastic .223 rifle
>Calls others dumbass
Lad, I...
>>
>>28399909
IWI X95
Dragunov SVU
FN F2000

The number of special forces using bullpups is steadily growing. The AR platform has had almost 60 years of beating the flaws out of it and is at its pinnacle of development. Within a generation bullpups will have replaced every musket-layout military rifle currently in use.
>>
>>28399945
He couldn't turn around to address the threat because the unnecessary length of his carbine smacked on an obstacle.

God I swear /k/ attracts the stupidest fucking rejects on Earth...
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 550x550
>>28399966
Oh. You're a troll. Makes sense. Nobody is really dumb enough to believe bullpups are a good idea.
>>
>>28399966
>Thinking he would have had time to do a slowmo 180 noscope at the gunman he didn't know was there, before the unforeseen bullets hit him, if only he had been using a weapon 4 inches shorter
Really now.
>God I swear /k/ attracts the stupidest fucking rejects on Earth
You still have your youth, anon, its not too late.
>>
File: 9okjhgfdre5tyhjnm.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
9okjhgfdre5tyhjnm.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
>>28399988
I suppose Ian McCollum is a troll, too?
>>
File: kkk.jpg (2 MB, 2833x1877) Image search: [Google]
kkk.jpg
2 MB, 2833x1877
>>28399807
>less reliable
Bullshit the AR15s are chosen for superior accuracy not because they are more reliable.
M4 is s fucking carbine on top so it gives up those sweet sweet external ballistics for size.
You can argue until the hens come home about the RGB vs a full sized AR15 but the carbine versions are objectively inferior and only for weekend warriors and gear queers.
Only reason the M4 is still in duty is because the Pentagon scews the tests like they did in the trials to first adopt the ARs so that god forbid they be held accountable for their purchases or worse yet let a competition undermine the cronyism of the industry.
>>
>>28400004
>4 inches shorter

So the move from the m16 to the m4 was just for shits n giggles? Ok, man.
>>
>>28400012
Yes, anon. Actually, he is.
>>
>>28400012
Ian is not fond of bullpups
>>
>>28400013
>UK and US SF can use literally any rifle they desire, cost no object
>Still come back to the carbine length AR every time
>"but they're just gearqueers! its just industry cronyism! they don't really know what they're talking about! ARs are actually shit! I know better! XXDDD"
>t.shitposter on an anime imageboard
Adorable.
>>
The *only* reasons /k/ hates bullpups are:

1. Upotte! Because /k/ is full of faggots who consider anime credible insight.

2. The AUG looks gay as fuck, and Australians and Kiwis are total homos.

3. They typically cost more than one fast food paycheck, so /k/ hates it because they can only afford shitty mil-surp and extra-civilian AR platforms that no-guns think are the same thing as real ARs.
>>
>>28400042
He fucking loves the Kel-Tec RFB.
>>
>>28400057
>UK and US SF can use literally any rifle they desire, cost no object

That's an extremely common misconception. There's a much greater degree of flexibility, but it's not like fucking Neo in the Matrix gun room.
>>
File: 1417411514147.jpg (27 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1417411514147.jpg
27 KB, 400x300
>>28400067
>2. The AUG looks gay as fuck,

Heh yea it does.
>>
>>28400057
>t.shitposter on an anime imageboard
Then go ahead enlighten us poor weeaboos what makes the M4 better than any other platform?
The Army trials show it fails after 500 rounds and its unreliability is well documented. So tell us what reason beyond beeing heavily invested in the platform is there to stick to the M4?
>>
>>28400101
>it's not like fucking Neo in the Matrix gun room.
Not that they have a bunch of every gun out there on tap, but they're always getting approached by companies with free samples of new gear saying "pls try", in the hopes that they will like it and endorse it, so they can then put "Official knife/gun/cupholder of the US Navy Seals" on marketing material.
>>
>>28400173
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
>always getting endorsed
>free samples
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

holy shit

whew

Omfg that was funny, anon.

>always getting approached by companies with free samples of new gear saying "pls try"

>like energy drinks

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahah

I'm still laughing. That was awesome, thanks.
>>
File: hahaha.jpg (72 KB, 930x612) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.jpg
72 KB, 930x612
Bullpups look silly
>>
>>28400075
NO Ian loves the RDB, not the RFB.
>>
>>28400252
And thinking machine guns will best our proud cavalry is ungentlemanly.

Doesn't matter.
>>
File: FAMAS kek.jpg (35 KB, 750x498) Image search: [Google]
FAMAS kek.jpg
35 KB, 750x498
>>28400305
How can french operators ever be taken seriously?
>>
8 years in the Australian army using the F88 styer. 1 year of that time i was stuck in CTC using an M4.
I would take the m4 over the styer anyday, base on the ease with which i could operate it, left and right handed, how easy reloading it was whilst prone and how i could maintain eyes forward during stoppage drills.
There is a reason the australian SF community prefers the M4 over the styer they all initailly got trained on.
>>
>>28400338
ask Abdelhamid Abou Zeid
>>
>>28400173
Are you, and I'm being completely serious, but are you 14?
>>
>>28400443
Not anymore and now not you or mom can tell me what to do.
>>
>>28399796
Wheelchair oper8tor detected...
>>
File: doubles advocate.jpg (2 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
doubles advocate.jpg
2 MB, 1944x2592
>>28400338
Main issue is France was forced to use NATO munitions and the FAMAS was with its delayed blowback designed to run on the 7.62x51 NATO.
The US even overruled the selection of the intermediate .280 British because it was not "powerful" enough and while the French were stuck using the 7.62 for their new design the US introduced no ten years later the .223.
True is that the ar-10 was also designed around the late 50s but because of its gas piston it was easily redesigned for the smaller cartridge.
The modern FAMAS on the other hand is a Frankenstein attempt to make a decent design fit NATO criteria that should have been thrown under the bus long ago. Today the US is looking at the 6.8 whilst the germans are in the process of choosing a new platform. Despite the design of the G36 being mediocre all it really needs is a heavier barrel which was planned long ago by H&K but because the US is once more flip flopping on a new caliber both the germans and french are considering an AR platform as the large market has spawned the option to cheaply change calibers by switching out barrel and bolt. Considering the abundant supply of parts and NATO fuckups it is more than likely that the AR-15s are adopted to curb costs.
>>
>>28400922
Checking

Checked
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.